PDA

View Full Version : The PsychoWand

Pennybag
Dec 1, 2003, 07:57 PM
Does anyone know what lvl the skills are for the PsychoWand when it uses its special skill?

Selatein
Dec 1, 2003, 08:06 PM
Check the Item Database. I'm not even sure that the Psycho Wand's Special is a spell, but I should check (I'm trying to find it too, heh heh)

Selatein
Dec 1, 2003, 08:08 PM
Whoa, I just checked it out. It Says "Casts Technique," What does that mean? That, and it says that it takes HP. Does it do it gradually, or is it every time that you use a tech?

ElizaBluefull
Dec 1, 2003, 08:10 PM
The psychowand is my primary weapon. I usually don't use its special ability, as I mainly use it to conserve TP due to the fact that I am support and I deal damage with techs too. If I didn't use it, I'd be guzzling trifluids like cans of mountain dew. But about the special ability...I'm not totally sure. I do know that it's not nearly as powerful as my actual techs. But it definitely is useful. Heck, I'll go check on that now and try to figure it out.

Selatein
Dec 1, 2003, 08:19 PM
Thanks for the help! So, can you tell us about the HP drain deal, too?

Eihwaz
Dec 1, 2003, 08:22 PM
I believe the Psycho Wand works like this:
Whenever you cast a tech, it cuts the TP cost in half, but takes the full equivalent of HP away. (So if you cast Gifoie for 24 TP normally, it costs 12 TP and you lose 24 HP)

The special randomly casts low-moderate Level Foie, Zonde, or Barta.

If I'm wrong, please correct me. Gently! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Selatein
Dec 1, 2003, 08:34 PM
On 2003-12-01 17:22, Eihwaz wrote:
...it cuts the TP cost in half, but takes the full equivalent of HP away...

I doubt that, because if that were true, forces would hate it. It just wouldn't be worth it. I think that it's more like the Psycho Wand Slowly drains HP similar to the way that the Soul Eater does.

Kupi
Dec 1, 2003, 08:42 PM
Nope, I've seen FOs with the Psycho Wand. They have to cast Resta every once in a while to keep their HP up. But hey, you get half TP on the Resta, too. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

ElizaBluefull
Dec 1, 2003, 08:59 PM
Yes, I do have to cast resta a whole heck of a lot to make sure I don't end up dying by accident. But yes, it takes half the TP cost while taking the full TP cost from your HP at the same time. There is no negative HP stroll on you while using this thing. But then again, if you use a Luminous Field, you will have negative HP stroll...nevermind. I can't give an exact level of the random techs cast from the special attack. But I know it looks like mid-level techs coming out. The upper-level Zonde usually has more than one lightning bolt. This Zonde does not. The high level barta has chunks of ice coming off of the traveling stream. And the high level Foie has extreme heat marks all around it causing the ball to look fuzzy. The techs I estimate to be around lv 15-20 roughly.

toosmart4U9078
Dec 1, 2003, 09:07 PM
if u use dark bridge it also takes away only half ur tp, and half ur hp, however psycho wand boosts ur hard attacks (rabarta, rafoie, razonde, grants, megid), and makes it easier 2 hit with megid, so the full hp loss is worth it 2 me, i slapped 4 god/hp's on my force, lol

Selatein
Dec 1, 2003, 09:08 PM
No way! It takes the whole cost from HP?!?! That's a Pain! Well, that's just an adjustment, my FOnewm is going to be casting Resta like crazy... well, My Android won't complain http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Thanks for all of the info!

Eihwaz
Dec 1, 2003, 09:14 PM
On 2003-12-01 18:07, toosmart4U9078 wrote:
if u use dark bridge it also takes away only half ur tp, and half ur hp, however psycho wand boosts ur hard attacks (rabarta, rafoie, razonde, grants, megid), and makes it easier 2 hit with megid, so the full hp loss is worth it 2 me, i slapped 4 god/hp's on my force, lol

Actually, the Dark Bridge boosts Grants and Megid, and Megid peirces through enemies, as well as cutting TP usage in half, and taking the other half from your HP. It slowly drains your HP as well (think Soul Eater) and randomly casts status probs on you. If that was what you meant, well...http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

toosmart4U9078
Dec 1, 2003, 09:20 PM
yah i knew most of that stuff about the dark bridge, and thats what i meant about the megid, but dark bridge drains ur hp.......uh how come its never done that 2 me **thinks** hmmmm i know about the random status problems, but i don't remember anything about hp draining....oh well i only use sigh of a god (for the free gizonde) and psycho wand, so makes no difference 2 me, lol

Ketchup345
Dec 2, 2003, 03:24 PM
On 2003-12-01 18:14, Eihwaz wrote:

if u use dark bridge it also takes away only half ur tp, and half ur hp, however psycho wand boosts ur hard attacks (rabarta, rafoie, razonde, grants, megid)

Actually, the Dark Bridge boosts Grants and Megid, and Megid peirces through enemies, as well as cutting TP usage in half, and taking the other half from your HP. It slowly drains your HP as well (think Soul Eater) and randomly casts status probs on you.

The Psycho Wand does NOT boost Granst and Megid. The Dark Bridge does boost Grants and Megid. I never heard of the Dark Bridge draining HP while you walk/stand without casting a tech before.

Eihwaz
Dec 2, 2003, 09:08 PM
On 2003-12-02 12:24, Ketchup345 wrote:

On 2003-12-01 18:14, Eihwaz wrote:

if u use dark bridge it also takes away only half ur tp, and half ur hp, however psycho wand boosts ur hard attacks (rabarta, rafoie, razonde, grants, megid)

Actually, the Dark Bridge boosts Grants and Megid, and Megid peirces through enemies, as well as cutting TP usage in half, and taking the other half from your HP. It slowly drains your HP as well (think Soul Eater) and randomly casts status probs on you.

The Psycho Wand does NOT boost Granst and Megid. The Dark Bridge does boost Grants and Megid. I never heard of the Dark Bridge draining HP while you walk/stand without casting a tech before.

I don't seem to remember saying the Psycho Wand boosts Grants/Megid. Of course, you might not have been talking to me, in particular...>.>

And I may be incorrect about the HPDrain (think Soul Eater) of the Dark Bridge, I'm just saying what I saw in the item page for it.

Ketchup345
Dec 2, 2003, 09:11 PM
On 2003-12-02 18:08, Eihwaz wrote:
I don't seem to remember saying the Psycho Wand boosts Grants/Megid. Of course, you might not have been talking to me, in particular...>.>

And I may be incorrect about the HPDrain (think Soul Eater) of the Dark Bridge, I'm just saying what I saw in the item page for it.

I was referring to what TooSmart said about that (I quoted both since I had things to say about both).

Callie
Dec 2, 2003, 09:12 PM
Its either Barta(lv1),Foie(lv1),or Zonde(lv1).Pretty bad too..