PDA

View Full Version : V2 troubles

Mr_Springate
Dec 1, 2003, 09:11 PM
Hey,
I HAD a PAL Dreamcast which had v1 installed on it - which I then upgraded to v2.

Eventually the DC died and I got given a JP DC - which I put my V2 (EU) serial on so I could use my character.

I now can't get online.

Is there any way to rectify this?

Please people help a guy out!!

Mr.Springate

polishedweasel
Dec 1, 2003, 10:17 PM
No, the servers are gone. Sorry dude, you're too late.

Mr_Springate
Dec 2, 2003, 12:09 AM
Um. Sorry, to correct you but the EU servers for v2 are still online.

My sources in Sega confirm this.

VulpesMundi
Dec 2, 2003, 12:20 AM
If you changed to a new console then that's probably your problem. The DC console had an internal serial # that is attached to your copy of PSO. If you try to go online on any other DC other than the original one it won't allow you on the server. You have two choices: contact Sega/ST and ask them nicely to reset your console serial # (make sure you mention that your original DC became irrepairable and that you had to get another one), or buy a new copy of PSO and start all over.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VulpesMundi on 2003-12-01 21:22 ]</font>

_Sinue_
Dec 2, 2003, 12:24 AM
If the EU servers really are still online, then you'll need to contact your contact inside Sega and see how you can get your seriel #'s reset. When you first get online with PSO, the game sends a copy of your Dreamcast's internal seriel # as well as your game's Seriel # and Access Key to the servers for storage. Your game's seriel # and Access Key combine to make your Guild Card number - which is checked against your DC's internal seriel # to make sure you're the same person. This was done to help slow piracy of PSO and later to ensure that someone doesn't steal your account.

Once you have your previous DC's Seriel # wiped off the servers, you should have no problems connecting. I think.

RFB
Dec 2, 2003, 02:35 AM
On 2003-12-01 21:20, VulpesMundi wrote:
If you changed to a new console then that's probably your problem. The DC console had an internal serial # that is attached to your copy of PSO. If you try to go online on any other DC other than the original one it won't allow you on the server. You have two choices: contact Sega/ST and ask them nicely to reset your console serial # (make sure you mention that your original DC became irrepairable and that you had to get another one), or buy a new copy of PSO and start all over.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VulpesMundi on 2003-12-01 21:22 ]</font>

That's just right. I had to do the "call to Sega" thingy, due to the several times my DC had to be repaired. The internal memory had to be changed, and due to this I had to call them like, ¿4 times? so that they would reset my serial number, and dude, it works fine. Just after you call and they tell you it's done, you can already connect, without having to wait.

Just search between the papers and the games of your DC, there should be a Sega Customer Service number around there, that's the number you're looking for.

Mr_Springate
Dec 2, 2003, 09:17 AM
WELL...

All is sorted.
I rang Sega Europe - and a nice guy named Jim gave me back my access key that I had forgotten, reset my serial on the server - and off I went. Brilliant.

Thanks Jim!

Oh, he also told me that there are no plans to close the PSO servers in EU.

Mr.Springate

Buuyon
Dec 2, 2003, 10:59 AM
yeah but is v2 anyfun now? well sense US is off line that should take off some ass holes...

Mr_Springate
Dec 2, 2003, 01:52 PM
to be honest...
the EU servers are dead. There were 3 people including me when I went online today.

Japan had about 100 users.