PDA

View Full Version : Vol Opt Ver 2.0...

Eihwaz
Dec 2, 2003, 01:54 AM
GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

Vol Opt Ver 2.0...>_<... I need help, please, for giving him a right ass-kicking! I'm doing this as my FOnewm, Shade, Lv. 86.
Equipment:
Ice Staff: Dagon (Ice seems to work best...Gizonde my ass...)
Valiant Frame (4 Slots)
~Dragon/HP x4
Secret Gear
Ila (18/0/30/152)

Which kinda techs should I use (ice seems to work the best), etc etc...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Eihwaz on 2003-12-01 22:56 ]</font>

KaFKa
Dec 2, 2003, 02:07 AM
wasn't it foie that owned on him?

just the basic vol opt strategy, but do it quicker and don't be scared to use resta sheild. (seriously, resta sheild is what will save you) and in thought of that, ditch ONE dragon hp in favor of an angel tp, that should at least help. (if you don't know what resta shield is, you're screwed)

Eihwaz
Dec 2, 2003, 03:09 AM
On 2003-12-01 23:07, KaFKa wrote:
wasn't it foie that owned on him?

just the basic vol opt strategy, but do it quicker and don't be scared to use resta sheild. (seriously, resta sheild is what will save you) and in thought of that, ditch ONE dragon hp in favor of an angel tp, that should at least help. (if you don't know what resta shield is, you're screwed)

Yeah, I know what resta Shield is. XD
Oh, and I did finally beat him. Barta Lv.29+Ice Staff Dagon=pwnz.

I must have all 4 dragon/HP, with all four, his laser leaves me with 40 HP...cutting it real close.

Well, I didn't unseal ruins right AGAIN (T_T;), which means I must go to Caves 2 and unseal the pillar...

Next time, I'll try Mace of Adaman! *evil smile*

Oh, I used Rabarta and Gizonde on the first form, tried Rabarta on the 2nd part, accidently cast barta, BOOM, twice as much damage...http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

anwserman
Dec 2, 2003, 11:08 AM
Equip two or three resist/blizzards and equip the rest with either xxxx/HP or Resist/Burning (the fire resistance of 15)... the fire one isn't necessary, though it might save you if he Foies you in the ass.

Basically, those ice attacks can kill you instantly, and with 90 resistance to ice I've had my HP taken down to 1/2 (which is like 370 HP) and be the only survivor on the team at that point. And that is with 90 resistance to ice, being delt 370+ damage. Imagine having only like 30 or 15.....

Once you get to his second form, equip nothing but xxx/HP objects since you'll be needing them majorly.

PaleKid15
Dec 2, 2003, 12:11 PM
Those weapons won't help. Vol opt ver 2 ignores all tech bonuses. Use whatever raises your mst the most. RAbarta the screens, GIzonde the pillars, and Barta form 2.

rena-ko
Dec 2, 2003, 12:33 PM
correct. weapon bonuses only work on its first form.

well and i hope you havent saved and turned your game off. just go activate that pillar left and go again into the vol opt room. its still destroyed and you advance right to the sealed door.

if not.. well some good exp for you ^-^ glass is always half full if you have the right point of view

Eihwaz
Dec 2, 2003, 06:23 PM
On 2003-12-02 09:33, rena-ko wrote:
correct. weapon bonuses only work on its first form.

well and i hope you havent saved and turned your game off. just go activate that pillar left and go again into the vol opt room. its still destroyed and you advance right to the sealed door.

if not.. well some good exp for you ^-^ glass is always half full if you have the right point of view

Eh, it was 11:45 and I was just in Caves 2...ugh...Yeah, I know Vol Opt would have stayed dead, I've missed pillars before.

Hmm, so I should use something that adds lots of MST, huh? Would my Hildebear's Cane be better than a Storm Wand: Indra?

And does his random pillar attack do set damage?

A2K
Dec 3, 2003, 12:00 AM
Both of his pillar attacks do set damage.

ElizaBluefull
Dec 3, 2003, 12:11 AM
Vol Opt v.2 does not have a set attack pattern. It will do whatever it feels like, as I have had it try to capture and fry me more than ten times in a row and other times it would just try to drop pillars on me and heal itself. Expect the unexpected. And to avoid the lockon, run in circles trying to dodge the ball instead of running away from it. It's always faster than you when running in a straight line. If a teammate is trapped in the lockon, barta the cage to get rid of it quickly. That's what I've observed.

Eihwaz
Dec 3, 2003, 01:05 AM
On 2003-12-02 21:11, ElizaBluefull wrote:
Vol Opt v.2 does not have a set attack pattern. It will do whatever it feels like, as I have had it try to capture and fry me more than ten times in a row and other times it would just try to drop pillars on me and heal itself. Expect the unexpected. And to avoid the lockon, run in circles trying to dodge the ball instead of running away from it. It's always faster than you when running in a straight line. If a teammate is trapped in the lockon, barta the cage to get rid of it quickly. That's what I've observed.

Yeah, it was easier to run in circles that try to outrun that glob...fast little bugger...

Gah, that healing recharge thing is so pesky...luckily, Lv29 Barta makes quick work of him. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

So for the fight, I should have a "real" Shield equipped, since tech boosts don't count for the second form? Also, his gibarta and foie attacks don't hurt me that bad, and the 2nd form isn't too tough now...

Just need to get to the thingy...>.>...

Lord_Sloth
Dec 3, 2003, 08:31 AM
Best advise...
Kill him!!!
Sorry haven't faught him yet!