PDA

View Full Version : Lady bug wanna be imposters!

dark_agenda
Dec 2, 2003, 01:49 PM
I live in indianapolis, in an Apartment on the north west side. I have got these damn lady bug wanna be things all over the house! They do provide us with some entertainment though...

*turns on the vacuum cleaner and sucks a couple up off the ceiling* *clink clink*

hehehehe

Kizaragu
Dec 2, 2003, 02:04 PM
Thanks for sharing your Spam with us.
This isn't even worthy of Fresh Kills, let alone off topic!

HUnewearl_Meira
Dec 2, 2003, 02:12 PM
You have Lady Bug imposters there? Pssh, you got lucky.

Over here, we have to deal with Richard Simmons imposters. Now THOSE things are a lot of fun to suck off the ceiling with a vacuum! *THOOMPTHOOMP!*

[EDIT]Man, if I have to deal with ONE more, "Come on, people! We're sweatin' to the Oldies! I can feel the burn!" I'm gonna kill someone.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: HUnewearl_Meira on 2003-12-02 11:17 ]</font>

_Sinue_
Dec 2, 2003, 03:05 PM
No, it isn't Spam. I dunno what's wrong with this ****ing state.. but there's huge swarms of lady-bug like things everywhere. I've come home sometimes to see an entire side of my house just blackened out by by 1,000s of these things. Hasn't been so bad here lately, but they still come around ocassionally.

Tiger Beetles I think is what they're called.

Robo47
Dec 2, 2003, 03:09 PM
like your sig dark-dude!

dark_agenda
Dec 2, 2003, 05:32 PM
There we go, had to fix my sig... it was like 42000 bytes, now it's down to 34000bytes.

Richard Simmons?! That would be a challenge to vacuum him up!

I think I'd get him right in the middle of one of his dance routines....

"C'mon, feel the burn! Oh no! What are you doing!? Aiyeee!"
*Dark_agenda sucks him up ass first with his huge simmons size vacuum*

lol

BTW, thank you for the compliment on my sig, domo origato!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: dark_agenda on 2003-12-02 14:33 ]</font>

Delsaber
Dec 2, 2003, 05:35 PM
Yes, we are or have been having the same problem with those insects the last few months... I live in Kentucky, by the way. They are everywhere...

ABDUR101
Dec 2, 2003, 05:49 PM
Actual lady bugs aren't that much better. We usually get them covering the sunny side of the house, which is where the driveway is. Everytime you go to get in your car, or get out, they all swarm off the house, and the fuggin bite. >=

If they're inside on your ceiling, vacuuming doesn't help because they can just crawl out of the vacuum again unless you empty it right away. Get a regular glass or small container(like an empty butter container), with about an inch or so of water in it, then put some dish soap in it, then just put the open end around one on the ceiling, slide it so they lose their grip and whee, they all go splash in the dish soapy water and can't get out, and eventually drown.

Alot faster and easier than vacuuming and all that anyways.

dark_agenda
Dec 2, 2003, 05:51 PM
that's cruel, i at least want to give them a chance! lol

MasterJoel
Dec 2, 2003, 06:26 PM
the planet is being eaten by bugs on a daily basis! locusts, weevils, and those things... i wonder if they are at all related to the phylloxera that have been eating all the grapes in california. the wine industry is losing so much money!

Robo47
Dec 2, 2003, 08:09 PM
At least they will be, it takes a looooong time for grape juice to become wine.

monkeyfist
Dec 2, 2003, 09:32 PM
yeah, they are called bobs. as in army of bob. as in my clan. as in what my clan's logo is. as in *points to clan button in sig that you should press*

ladyjaderiver
Dec 2, 2003, 10:54 PM
Those damn bugs are a huge problem in Wisconsin too. *grumbles* I don't know how many days this summer I spent sucking them up or sweeping them out of the schoolhouse I was helping renovate.

anwserman
Dec 2, 2003, 11:41 PM
On 2003-12-02 14:49, ABDUR101 wrote:
Actual lady bugs aren't that much better. We usually get them covering the sunny side of the house, which is where the driveway is. Everytime you go to get in your car, or get out, they all swarm off the house, and the fuggin bite. >=

If they're inside on your ceiling, vacuuming doesn't help because they can just crawl out of the vacuum again unless you empty it right away. Get a regular glass or small container(like an empty butter container), with about an inch or so of water in it, then put some dish soap in it, then just put the open end around one on the ceiling, slide it so they lose their grip and whee, they all go splash in the dish soapy water and can't get out, and eventually drown.

Alot faster and easier than vacuuming and all that anyways.

Oh. We have one of those old vacuums that uses those vacuum cleaner bags that hold all that dust with the rubberish seal on the top... I don't think those bugs would survive that (they're called asian beetles if I'm correct)

Because even with that seal being open within the vacuum cleaner, regardless if the bag is filled with dust or not, they're being sucked through metal tubing (for our vacuum anyway), being suctioned into a bag full of crap, being sucked into the side of the bag until the power is turned off. Once it is turned off, they might fall off the side, but chances are all that dust and grime would irritate their bodies to death, or they'd suffacate from the lack of ventaliation.

Anyway, there isn't anything more rewarding then hearing the clanging of their bodies richoshaying through the tubing of the cleaner!

ABDUR101
Dec 3, 2003, 01:28 AM
Heh, EBIL!

You might consider a bagless vacuum with the cylinder that you just take out and empty. It'll be like a free show. =O

NKOTB
Dec 3, 2003, 02:16 AM
I ate a roach once and it made me barf. That night I had a dream about Lara Croft too!

dark_agenda
Dec 3, 2003, 06:35 PM
LoL, you swallowed a roach?! That's sick man... although the lara dream makes up for it http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

anwserman
Dec 3, 2003, 06:39 PM
On 2003-12-02 22:28, ABDUR101 wrote:
Heh, EBIL!

You might consider a bagless vacuum with the cylinder that you just take out and empty. It'll be like a free show. =O

EBIL?

Oh yes, when I'm not playing PSO... to entertain my free time, I get one of those cool bagless vacuums like you said with a container you dump out... it has to be clear though. I empty it up, vacuum up some of the ladybugs and leave the vacuum on and see them spin around in the container... like a vortex. Well not really.

Or like the Delsaber games, take out the container and see how far the bugs fly out when sucked up. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Anubis_
Dec 3, 2003, 07:06 PM
*Scrapes eyeballs of Darks Sig with Spatula..*

I dont know.. Id suggest crussing insecticide isle of walmart for something... not just spray.. some kinda poision..

I feel your problem though.. these dorms have mad roaches.. It hard to be intimate with some one holding her close with one hand and ur basket ball shoe in the other..

Oh Yeah.. and as for Kizaragu.. Lighten up.. its Christmas..http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/eviltongue.gif

Ness
Dec 3, 2003, 07:22 PM
On 2003-12-02 11:04, Kizaragu wrote:

I agree with you on this one.

SorceressofTime
Dec 4, 2003, 08:22 AM
On 2003-12-03 16:22, Ness wrote:

On 2003-12-02 11:04, Kizaragu wrote:

I agree with you on this one.

<= death to the thread XD

Para
Dec 4, 2003, 09:37 AM
Make sure u dont mistake the yellow ones as for lady bugs because the yellow ones bite http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif but not red =P

dark_agenda
Dec 4, 2003, 01:41 PM
it's true, they do bite... they also smell really bad...

*picks one up and puts it in his mouth* bleh they taste bad too, lol j/k

RuneLateralus
Dec 4, 2003, 02:03 PM
Or the orange ones....which I believe are called Asian Lady Beetles. We have them here in Chicago. Things bite. Too many swarm around houses. They fly all kamikaze like into the light at night and here soft dinks and it makes you go insane. You kill them, they leave a orange spot that stains, smells, and attracts more of them.

Vacuuming them is cool though. Seeing it open and see how they got ripped apart in the filters. Damn little fuckers.

Tsukishima-Ruriko
Dec 10, 2003, 06:27 PM
Hate them, hate them, HATE THEM. >_<

They have been a constant nuisence all summer, and are still in my room even as I speak.
Can't find where they are coming in from. -_-

They also have a thing for pop cans. :/

KaFKa
Dec 10, 2003, 06:36 PM
you got here about six days late, there guy

MasterJoel
Dec 11, 2003, 01:35 PM
On 2003-12-02 17:09, Robo47 wrote:

::blink:: ok... it's obvious to me you don't know squat about wine. we'll all just pretend you didn't say that.

HUnewearl_Meira
Dec 11, 2003, 03:53 PM
On 2003-12-11 10:35, MasterJoel wrote:

On 2003-12-02 17:09, Robo47 wrote:

::blink:: ok... it's obvious to me you don't know squat about wine. we'll all just pretend you didn't say that.

All right, first of all, yes, Wine is fermented grape juice. However, modern wine is made from special grapes, that've been developed by growers to have an extra-high fructose content. While it's possible to make wine from any sort of grape juice, juice from high-sugar content grapes produces higher quality wine.
It takes six months to a year for the juice to ferment into the quality of wine that is considered acceptible to be bottled and sold, but it's generally agreed that the older a bottle of wine is, the better it is. As it ages, it gets smoother-- but of course, bottles of wine are typically not created equally. Certain varieties are much better than others.

The best bottle I've ever had, personally, was a bottle from my birth year, that my parents saved for my 21st birthday. Very smooth. The bottle cost them about $30 in 1981, and was worth about $800 when it was opened. My pop used to make his own wine, too, but I was rather young when he did that. Now, he works for one of the largest suppliers of wine in the United States; a company operating out of Madera, California, also with offices in New York.