PDA

View Full Version : Your Recommended Equipment for character classes

Demonscale
Dec 2, 2003, 06:56 PM
If any of you have read the ideal equipment for each class, Im sure you have probably thought you could come up with some better recommendations. Post what your recomendations are for one class or all classes. For example, list the units, armor shield, weapons, and mag.

Humar( I think they did I good job on the Hu classes)
Armor- Aura Field or Virus Armor
Shield- Standstill Shield
Units- God/Power/Battle/Ability/Arm
Weapons-Lavis cannon, 3084 flowens, Meteor Cudgel, Soul Banish, Holy Ray, Asuka, and Charge mechguns of any kind(assults, Reapeters,Gatalings,Vulcans) with at least 45% hit
Mag- Any that has twins and the ability to grant invunerability

Huneweral
Armor-Aura Field/Love Heart for Multiplayer
Shield-Rico's Earrings/ Safety heat for Multiplayer and keep a resta merge on hand if no force.
Units-God/battle,power,arm,mind
Weapons- Substitue Heart of Poumn for lavis cannon and use above equipment.

Hucast
Armor-Luminous Field
Shield-Standstill Shield/or Sparts 2.01
Units-God/battle,arm,and cure units
Weapons-Lavis Cannon, Chain Sawd,Zanba, Sange and Yasha, Black King Bar, and High hit Charge Vulcans
Due to the lack in Hucast ata, you might want to sue weapons with hight hit and put more dex than pow on the mag. Also mag with twins and that casts shifa and deband with 100 pb or hp low.

I dont know about Hucaseal since I do not have one

Ramar
Armor- Aura Field
Shield- Standstill Shield
Units- God/Battle, power, arm, ability
Weapons- S rank twin with Spirit(subistitue Monkey King Bar if you dont have twin), S rank shot with Zalure, Frozen Shooter, Snow Queen, Yamigrasu, Yas9000, Yas3000,Spread Needle, and if possible, Guld Milla
Mag- More Pow and def on the mag than ata

Ramarl
Armor-Aura Field
Shield-Safety Heart
Units-God battle, arm, mind,power
Weapons-same as ramar
Mag- more pow to make up for the lack of it.

Those are all the ones I have time for now I look foward to seeing the recommendations from other players. It dosent have to be the most powerful equipment, if you have a recommended equipment that is also for stlye, post that too.

VulpesMundi
Dec 2, 2003, 07:37 PM
I consider not only strength of items, but also by how difficult they are to find. It'd be simple enough to recommend, say, a Tsumikiri J-Sword. But how many people are actually going to find a Sealed J-Sword and unseal it? Also, I'm using the episode 2 S-ranks despite that they aren't currently attainable through proper means. I left out certain items like The Love/Safety Heart because their initial stats are only mediocre and rarely does a team of players stay bunched close together to effectively utilize them. Finally, my recommendations are more-or-less for level 150+ characters.

General Hunters...
Melee weapons: Demolition Comet, Meteor Cudgel, Chain Sawd, and/or Red Sword.
Ranged weapons: Red Handgun, *Holy Ray, L&K14 Combat, and/or Charge mechgun.
Armor: *Aura Field, DF Field, or ^Electro Frame.
Shield: Kasami Bracer or Standstill Shield.
Units: varies upon needs, but typically a God/Arm or two and at least one Cure/? unit.

General Rangers...
Melee weapons: S-rank Twin, S-rank Scythe, ~Madam's Umbrella, and/or ~Madam's Parasol.
Ranged weapons: Spread Needle, S-rank Needle, Yasminkov 3000R, Frozen Shooter, Snow Queen, Yasminkov 9000M, and/or Red Mechgun, and/or Charge mechgun.
Armor: *Aura Field, DF Field, or ^Electro Frame.
Shield: Standstill Shield.
Units: varies upon needs, but typically a God/Power, God/Arm, and at least one Cure/? unit.

General Forces...
Melee weapons: `S-rank Twin, `S-rank Scythe, ~Madam's Umbrella, ~Madam's Parasol, and/or Plantain Huge Fan.
Ranged weapons: Red Handgun, Holy Ray, L&K14 Combat, and/or Charge mechgun.
Support weapons: Psycho Wand (Ra-tech boost, 1/2 TP cost), Magical Piece (Gi-tech boost), Summit Moon (basic tech boost), Twinkle Star (basic tech boost), Striker of Chao (Shifta & Deband range boost), and/or ~Marina's Bag (Resta & Anti range boost).
Armor: Aura Field.
Shield: Tripolic Shield or ~Rico's Earring.
Units: varies upon needs, but typically a combination of God/Mind, God/HP, God/Technique, and a Cure/? unit.

* Cannot be used by droids.
^ Can only be used by droids.
` Cannot be used by a FOnewearl.
~ Can only be used by females.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VulpesMundi on 2003-12-02 16:42 ]</font>

Ketchup345
Dec 2, 2003, 07:49 PM
I would say that RAngers wouldn't need that God/Arm, as my level 116 RAmarl can hit anything in Ruins with a Hard attack (except Mechs, Frozen Shooter's special almost always hits the first attack). AlsoI think you are having the people carry around too many weapons, how many people actually carry around more than 5?

For RAmarl, I would suggest a Frozen Shooter, good Mechguns (Red Mechs, L&K14 Combats, or GuldMilla), Spread Needle (or other good Shot/Needle class weapon.

Eihwaz
Dec 2, 2003, 09:05 PM
My own equipment. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif Not too rare, and I can deal solid, consistent damage to Ult Enemies.

HUmar (Matt)
Weapons: Demolition Comet+25, 40%Hit Vulcans, (and soon) Red Partisan
Armor Guard Wave (right now, it's Holiness Armor)
~God/Power
~Elf/Arm++ (Need a God/Arm, heh)
~Metal/Body (Gonna swap for another God/Power)
~General/Battle (Getting my God/Battle soon)
Sheild: At least a Secret Gear, preferably Kasami Bracer or Tripolic Shield.
Mag:
Rati (5/145/50/0). I can hit 9/10 of the time, and do very nice damage. PBs are M/Y, Estlla, and Pilla.
And there you have it. At higher level/with maxed stats, a Holy Ray would be quite useful.

NEW ADDITION!!1
FOnewm (Shade)
Weapons: Prophets of Motav for me, Psycho Wand when/if you find/have one, maybe a Sorceror's Cane, Magical Piece (XD)
Armor: Valiant Frame NOW, Guard Wave Eventually, but in the end...Smoking Plate is a must have.
~God/Mind
~God/Mind
~God/Body
~God/Body, or maybe a God/Technique
Shield: Rafoie Merge, Razonde Merge, Rabarta Merge. Me want, me want...-.-;;...Oh, if you need Def/Evp, go with a nice Tripolic Shield
Mag: Ila (eventually Kapu Kapu) (18/0/30/152). WAY too much Dex, but still a good mag. PBs: Estlla, M/Y, and Golla.

Combined with moderately high level techs, I get to kill stuff! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Oh, and I find the Meteor Cudgel to be overated. As Vulpes once told me, the Demo Comet is easier to find, has a more useful special, and does consistent damage.

And, it looks unspeakably awesome. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Eihwaz on 2003-12-02 18:19 ]</font>

Nai_Calus
Dec 2, 2003, 09:07 PM
Meh, I'm bored. These are based off: Personal experience, personal -opinion-, and being at a middling level, as well as being findable. Oh, and looks, of course. ^_- Basically, it's not a suggestion on ideal L, say, 180 equip, but more of a 'This is good for about L101-When you can use/find better' suggestion, for the rest of us.

HUmar:

Weapons: Demolition Comet, Red Partisan, any high-Hit % Mechgun-type, Red Handgun.(For harder to find stuff, and stuff you won't be able to use until a fairly high level: BKB or Double Cannon, Red Sword or Tsumikiri J-sword(If you like swords, I don't.), Holy Ray)
Armor: Guard Wave or similar.(Aura Field for higher levels, I suppose, but it's ugggly)
Slots:
God/Battle
God/Arm
God/Arm
God/Power or Cure/Freeze or Cure/Shock
Shield: Secret Gear/Tripolic Shield/Kasami Bracer/Red Ring if you don't mind hacks for the decent DFP/EVP and nice stat boosts
Mag: Rati, 5/125/70/0, whatever, whatever, Twins.
(This, incidentally, other than the Kasami Bracer because I don't -have- one, and the mag stats(I have lower DEX, but shouldn't), is what my HUmar uses, and it works extremely well for him in almost all situations. Would probably work equally well for other HUs, but my only other HU is a L1 HUcaseal, so.)

RAmarl:

Weapons: Frozen Shooter, Spread Needle, Charge Vulcans 50% Hit, high-hit Spirit Arms for multiple-part bosses.
Armor: See HUmar.
Slots:
God/Battle(Questionable with a Ranger, but it does help a bit)
God/Arm
God/Power
Cure/Whatever or another God/Arm
Shield: Secret Gear/Tripolic Shield/Red Ring
Mag: Nidra(Rati looks better, but meh), 5/125/70/0, whatever, whatever, Twins.

FOmar, teching out:
Weapon: None. You cast faster without it. If you insist on one, Summit Moon, Magical Piece or C-Sorceror's Cane.
Armor: The ever-popular, non-hideous Guard Wave or similar
Slots:
God/Mind
God/Mind
God/HP
Cure/whatever or God/Mind or God/HP
Shield: Appropriate Merge. Resta if you're doing support, Gifoie/Gizonde/whatever you'll be using most if you aren't. If you're doing support but don't -have- a Resta Merge, use another Merge or something that actually gives you decent DFP/EVP.
Mag: Soma, 5/0/35/160, Estlla, Pilla, Twins

FOmar, melee:
Most decent FOmar-equipable stuff is damn near impossible to find and you won't be able to use it until a fairly high level, so I'm skipping this(No, I don't melee with my FOmar unless I'm using a ton of duped hacks in a game where nobody cares if I do)

Just my opinions. Like I said, most of it's easy to find(Even the Red Ring, which can be picked up from your friendly local Vega duper if you're so inclined), some of it's a bit harder, and pretty much all of it can be used by someone from L101ish on up, some of it has slightly higher level reqs. You're probably wondering what I'm smoking on the Secret Gear, but it doesn't suck, anyone can use it, is easy as all hell to get, and can carry you decently until you find something better.(i.e., that doesn't suck) Some of the normal non-rare shields I've found have better EVP, but worse DFP, and they were all -shields- and thus not FO-equippable.

...Yeah. Feel free to rip this apart. It's not really an 'ideal' equipment list, at least not for finals, more of a 'This is good along the way' list for those of us who don't have six characters all over L150. ^_-;

Mixfortune
Dec 3, 2003, 12:53 AM
On 2003-12-02 16:49, Ketchup345 wrote:
AlsoI think you are having the people carry around too many weapons, how many people actually carry around more than 5?

It's mostly a list to check out what they may be able to easily get and/or have. Take a weapon from the Melee, and a weapon from the Ranged. Depending on your style, you may want another Melee and/or another Ranged. Remember, it's listed recommends, not what your inventory should be. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Demonscale
Dec 3, 2003, 01:53 PM
Remeber, the rarest and strongest weapon/armor isnt always the best. I agree with VulpsMundi's saftey/love heart thing. Sometimes you may have to use weaker armor to prevent juggles. Like Falz 2nd form Rafoie/Rabarta, or the Gal Griffon's attacks. Im really looking for what most of you use in general. I tried to make the guide with items that are not as hard to obtain as the super rare stuff. I only included Guld Milla due to seeing a Ramar hit consistent 1000s with a 2 pb combo with boost.

Hrith
Dec 3, 2003, 03:05 PM
RAmarl
Weapon : RAINBOW BATON, SPREAD NEEDLE, FROZEN SHOOTER, RUBY BULLET, JUSTY 23ST, GOD HAND, RED SABER, MORNING GLORY, FLIGHT CUTTER, S-RANK SHOT, BARANZ LAUNCHER, TWIN CHAKRAM, YASMINKOV 2000H, YAMIGARASU, RED MECHGUN, NUG2000-BAZOOKA, TWIN BRAND.
Armor : SENSE PLATE, VIRUS ARMOR:Lafuteria, SACRED CLOTH
Units : God/Battle, Cure units
Shield : SECURE FEET
MAG : Savitri !!!

HUcast
Weapon : VJAYA, GAE BOLG, DRAGON SLAYER, CROSS SCAR, S-BERILL KNUCKLE Type1, DRAGON'S CLAW, RIKA'S CLAW, SANGE, YAMIGARASU, ASUKA, TWIN BLAZE, STAG CUTLERY, S-RANK SWORD, S-RANK MECHGUN, DEMOLITION COMET, SANGE & YASHA, ZANBA, BERDYSH, RED PARTISAN, RED SWORD, RED SLICER, RED HANDGUN, RED DAGGER, CHAIN SAWD, IMPERIAL PICK, SOUL BANISH
Armor : LUMINOUS FIELD, ELECTRO FRAME, ATTRIBUTE PLATE
Shiled : STANDSTILL SHIELD, KASAMI BRACER, SHIELD OF DELSABER, FLOWEN'S SHIELD (for looks)
MAG : Rati, Deva, Bhima

FOnewearl
Weapon : CLUB OF LACONIUM, HILDEBLUE'S CANE, THE SIGH OF A GOD, PROPHETS OF MOTAV, PSYCHO WAND, MAGICAL PIECE, SUMMIT MOON, DARK BRIDGE
Armor : AURA FIELD, VIRUS ARMOR:lafuteria, SACRED CLOTH
Units : Cure units
Shield : YELLOW/RED/BLUE MERGE
MAG : Sato, DEVIL'S WING, DEVIL'S TAIL

FOmarl
Weapon : PLAINTAIN HUGE FAN, RED SLICER, RED SABER, G-ASSASSIN'S SABERS, MORNING GLORY, FLIGHT FAN, HOLY RAY, BRINGER'S RIFLE, RAINBOW BATON, ANGEL HARP, SOUL BANISH, DOUBLE SABER (w/ hit%), P-ARMS' BLADE, RED HANDGUN, DARK BRIDGE, DEMONIC FORK, CADUCEUS, ANCIENT SABER, GAL WIND, DB's SWORD (AUW 3075), S-RANK TWIN
Armor : AURA FIELD, VIRUS ARMOR:lafuteria, SACRED CLOTH
Shield : REGENE GEAR ADV., RICO'S GLASSES
MAG : Rati, Bhima, CHAO

lain2k3
Dec 3, 2003, 11:06 PM
Thats a crapload of weapons there, kefka.
heres my opinion for the chars that I've played extensively. I'm not including s-ranks, because of their obscurity and relatively strange method of acquierment (is that a word?)

Hunewearl
mag - 5/120/50/25
armor - Aura field
units - god/battle, god/armx2, cure/(usually shock)
shield - kasami bracer (her dfp is good enough already)
weps - high hit vulcans, meteor cudgel, flowens 3084, high hit slicer, holy ray

Ramarl
mag - 5/120/40/35
armor - Aura field
units- god/battle, arm, cure#1, cure#2
shield - standstill shield
weps - Yas 9000, spread needle, monkey king bar
(I only use FS in tower, the rest are unnecesary)

Hucaseal
mag - 5/140/40/0 (must have twins)
armor - electro frame
units - god/arm, PB create, cure#1, cure#2 (G/battle is totally unnecesary on her)
shield - standstill shield (supercrap def.)
weps - demo comet, high hit vulcans, chain sawd, red handgun (slicer not needed because of traps)

Hrith
Dec 3, 2003, 11:09 PM
Does "crapload" means that they are crap or there are too many ?

I actually use all of the weapons listed with each of my chars http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

lain2k3
Dec 3, 2003, 11:26 PM
No, they are mostly kickass weps, but far too many of them.

I use craploads of weps on my chars too, but for efficiency I listed the best few.

RicoRoyal
Dec 3, 2003, 11:38 PM
This is a very strange idea I've been trying to make reality. I know what most of you will think... "wut the ****, FOnewm's cant melee". Well, your wrong! This setup is designed specifically for a FOnewm who intends to reach lvl. 200 (it will happen). It is also taking in mind that you have given the FO the correct number of materials so as to max everything out at lvl 200 except for ATP (thus the God/Power(s)). If you still dont believe this crazy idea would work, go check the damage calculators for a lvl 200 maxed FO such as the one below. IT WILL WORK! Best part of all is that he is still considered "unarmed", so his techs are still cast at lighting fast speeds. The merges are there to make up for the lack of psycho wands and things of the like, which is very rare (especially compared to the all too common angry fist from ult. rappies)

FOnewm
Mag - 5/0/74/121 (Ila in my case)
Armor - Smoking Plate (duh)
Units - God/Power, God/Power, God/Power, God/Battle
Shield - Merges (depends on area)
Weopon - Angry Fist (preferably something with 25% hit or higher)

lain2k3
Dec 4, 2003, 09:18 PM
take that freakin angry fist off him.

poor fonewm.

use S-rank twin. and charge vulcans.

toosmart4U9078
Dec 4, 2003, 09:39 PM
HUmar: bkb, holy ray, srank mechs with charge, red sword

Hrith
Dec 4, 2003, 09:43 PM
On 2003-12-04 18:39, toosmart4U9078 wrote :
S-rank mechs with Charge
Very funny, although I'd love to.

lain2k3
Dec 4, 2003, 09:52 PM
On 2003-12-04 18:39, toosmart4U9078 wrote:
HUmar: bkb, holy ray, srank mechs with charge, red sword

what, no dark flow or sange and yasha? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

and you cant get charge on s-ranks.