PDA

View Full Version : Peace Of Mind

Kazzi
Dec 2, 2003, 07:00 PM
Waaay back at the beginning (why can i not spell that word) of the year i played PSO for over 400 hours in just a month. It was so cool i've never had so much fun chatting to people and killing at the same time!

I bought a keyboard and everything.
Then one day... dum dum dum. I got Corrupted, i lost everything and i cried and cried.

It's been like almost 7 months since i last played online, i did try in august but i just kept shaking. I'm a pretty sensitive person, i tried so hard to rebuild my character but it's not the same. How do i have peace of mind playing online again? I love playing PSO and i have tons of friends who i really miss. So does anyone have any tips to help me get back online without fear?

trypticon
Dec 2, 2003, 07:07 PM
Now that ST has put back the double save, there is no "without fear" state anymore. Play online at your own risk.

The only good thing is that almost everyone has left the game to go to Final Fantasy XI. The majority of the people you were playing with back before you corrupted probably aren't online at all anymore.

Kazzi
Dec 2, 2003, 07:09 PM
Well i keep in touch with my friends on PSO alot through MSN. They still play online alot actually!

I heard about the FFX1 thing, it's kinda sad cause it won't match up to PSO =) PSO plain rocks.

Sigh, i was kinda hoping the double save had gone forever.

trypticon
Dec 2, 2003, 07:19 PM
Yeah, me too. That's cool that a lot of your friends still play on PSO. You should risk going online anyway then. Just make sure you are careful online, and you have little reason to fear corruption.

I'm sure you've seen the steps to avoid corruption before, but let me write some down for you again.

Don't put any other gamecube game data on the same memory card as your PSO game data.

Don't make games in busy lobbies. Though this really isn't much of a problem anymore, some people might still experience problems with it.

If you are going to be doing challenge on Alcyone 6, don't join challenge games with more than two people in them already. You don't want to end up joining the room at the same time another player does. That has led to corruptions in the past as well.

Don't pull, bump, rip, tear, snatch, anything with the memory card while the gamecube is turned on.

If you FSOD in a game, then disconnect the internet connection from the gamecube, pop open the top of the gamecube, wait thirty seconds, and then turn the gamecube off. While this never did much of anything for me, some people swear by it.

If you do fsod between saves while entering a game, I have heard that popping the lid of the gamecube open, pulling out the memory card, and turning the gamecube off can save it. I'm doubting this totally, and I was never able to save my characters at any one of my corruptions, but a few friends have said it saved them.

And of course, don't despair. There are a lot of people online that would be more than happy to help you level up again, and replace or help you find all your rares again if you do corrupt.

Get online man, we need more players!