View Full Version : FF X-2

deathreaper
Dec 2, 2003, 09:47 PM
what is the story line for this game....how does it work with 10?

Nerd
Dec 3, 2003, 04:12 PM
Yuna as a gun-totin goofstress, Rikku as ...well... Rikku and an RPG cliche known as Paine team up to hunt 'spheres' which are basically the Spira version of the Paris Hilton tapes of the future only containing the true history of the planet instead of green and black footage of a vapid blonde and some beefcake doin the horizontal tango.

Along the way they clash with rival groups and uncover a dark secret of the planet, along with (bum bum bummmmmmm) a lost love or SOMETHING like him. Much singing and dancing (and lunacy) occurs and to win EVERY fight in the game, just hold down X.

Oh yeah and go revisit all the same places you saw in the last game, and fight different colored version of the same fiends.

Actually, as much as i complain i really did like the game, alot. Hella fruitatious though.

ffx = 10/10 ffx2 = 8/10

monkeyfist
Dec 3, 2003, 04:38 PM
yep, sphere hunting. that pretty much sums it up. the story is only semi-linear. i think it's fun but i'm not into the constant changing of dress spheres. I WANT MY WHITE MAGE TO KNOW ATTACK GOSHDARNIT!! i also liked the CTS (condition turn system) in FFX better than i like the ATB (active time battle) in X-2

Richard
Dec 3, 2003, 05:38 PM
Yuna was in one too many hentai doujins. Squaresoft, seeing this as an opportunity to make massive money, decided to make Yuna the star of another game. Rikku was another favorite target of hentai artists, so she returned as well. This time, as a gift to the artists, they appear in much sexier clothes.

dark_agenda
Dec 4, 2003, 09:01 PM
On 2003-12-03 14:38, Richard wrote:
Yuna was in one too many hentai doujins. Squaresoft, seeing this as an opportunity to make massive money, decided to make Yuna the star of another game. Rikku was another favorite target of hentai artists, so she returned as well. This time, as a gift to the artists, they appear in much sexier clothes.

You sure do know a lot about hentai don't ya? J/K man

Eum
Dec 5, 2003, 09:34 AM
He's right, though.

Obvious marketing plan, but it worked. FFX-2 went double platinum in Japan alone.

Mystil
Dec 5, 2003, 03:41 PM
But this game is so short though.....=/

Cloud_01
Dec 13, 2003, 01:38 AM
True, it's a bit short, but if you actually spend the time getting 100% completion it can take you quite some time.

I'm about 50% done with the game at the moment and I've clocked in 22 hours. I'm working on getting the perfect ending.

KaFKa
Dec 13, 2003, 02:07 AM
On 2003-12-03 13:38, monkeyfist wrote:
yep, sphere hunting. that pretty much sums it up. the story is only semi-linear. i think it's fun but i'm not into the constant changing of dress spheres. I WANT MY WHITE MAGE TO KNOW ATTACK GOSHDARNIT!! i also liked the CTS (condition turn system) in FFX better than i like the ATB (active time battle) in X-2

if you ask me, the ATB was one of those thing that was semi-exclusive to the FF series, it hate every second of turn-based battle systems since its so damn unrealistic... and also, a white mage using attack techniques is kinda *cough*broken*cough*

monkeyfist
Dec 13, 2003, 10:58 AM
hey, white mages can atack in every other FF game. so why not this one? and of course there isn't even a wait command so the only thing i can do is heal a already helthy party

Dirrty_JillV
Dec 13, 2003, 02:28 PM
White Mages dont really need to attack anyway, its not like they're attack power is so high they have to attack. Their good with Dark Knights though for when you use their darkness attack rapidly. Oh and when you get that one garment grid that lets you use white magic you can always put it on a job with an attack right? You've just gotta compromise. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif