PDA

View Full Version : Um, what's the point?

Eihwaz
Dec 3, 2003, 01:28 AM
Heh, while searching through the Rare Weapon Database, I again noticed all the various DB's Sabers/Swords and the Flowen Sword series.

What is the point of these items? The Flowen's Swords look kinda cool (I might actually use the 3084 model if I ever find one) but the DB'S Saber/Swords? They all look the same, and are kinda weak sabers...The only redeeming quality I can see in these items is A) using them with the corresponding rare armor and shield for a power-up and B) just for their rarity, like the Section ID cards...

What do you guys think? Personally, I think it's just the rarity or cool looks (?)...Again, like the ID cards, or the various Katanas...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Eihwaz on 2003-12-02 22:29 ]</font>

KaFKa
Dec 3, 2003, 01:43 AM
...its supposed to be some kind of subplot, i think. they all blow anyways, so i stopped caring after i borrowed my friends 3084 and laughed when it didnt help, especially since i have a TJ now.

Eihwaz
Dec 3, 2003, 01:51 AM
On 2003-12-02 22:43, KaFKa wrote:
...its supposed to be some kind of subplot, i think. they all blow anyways, so i stopped caring after i borrowed my friends 3084 and laughed when it didnt help, especially since i have a TJ now.

A sub-plot? *blink blink* The supblot in question involves old Donoph, right? Because he (Donoph Baz) is the guy who created the DB's weapons/armors...

Heh, I wouldn't mind having a Flowen's Sword 3084 for my HUnewearl. Care to elaborate that subplot thingy, KaFKa, or anyone?

Richard
Dec 3, 2003, 02:48 AM
All the IDs (except VIRIDIA, strangely) get a unique version of the Flowen's Sword and DB's Sword. I doubt they serve any purpose, just like the Section ID cards.

KaFKa
Dec 3, 2003, 05:35 AM
On 2003-12-02 22:51, Eihwaz wrote:
A sub-plot? *blink blink* The supblot in question involves old Donoph, right? Because he (Donoph Baz) is the guy who created the DB's weapons/armors...

Heh, I wouldn't mind having a Flowen's Sword 3084 for my HUnewearl. Care to elaborate that subplot thingy, KaFKa, or anyone?

the subplot is supposed to be about some dude called DB, kinda like that flowen guy, whoever he is (DUH) just like the orotiagito and SJ and TJ. all that stuff. just something i was thinking of...

you don't want a 3084 unless you're under level 100. it is a good weapon, but the fact that its a spirit (the one that uses TP) on a HUnney, you would be more efficiant with techs. just something i've noticed since i have a high level HUnney myself.

BTW, if you want a 3084, PM me what you're willing to trade. need to get rid of it

Sunblast
Dec 3, 2003, 06:19 AM
On 2003-12-02 22:51, Eihwaz wrote:

Well, he may not have made them. He could have just used them. Still, I'd be interested if there's a subplot behind them, but I think Kafka was saying no, right? I just got the Armor after so much looking. Then I did the Retired Hunter quest and got another. Spooky.

KaFKa
Dec 3, 2003, 06:33 AM
i was saying that the subplot is nonexistant.

BTW, im not sure why, (since i've never beaten falz with a dark weapon) but how does everyone know that the red weapons are from RRR im sure im missing something, but whatever. they could have just as easily been from flowen himself, and he carved the initials as a way of marking them as his. meh, i need to stop reading into this.

Corey
Dec 3, 2003, 07:46 AM
I think it's that Flowen MADE them,but being
(spoiler I guess)RRR's Uncle,if you piece the story to together,(spoiler end)HE gave them to HER (or the principal when she couldnt use them,a.k.a like she was 6 http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif)for her to use.BEfore they all got caught up with Falz and the Evil,self absorbed, Government.

rena-ko
Dec 3, 2003, 08:41 AM
ist just another "lets encourage trading thing". along with the ID cards...

LordMe
Dec 3, 2003, 08:43 AM
...um i don't know...i want the real flowen's sword!!!

Hrith
Dec 3, 2003, 03:24 PM
There is no "real" FLOWEN'S SWORD.

The AUW 30XX DB's SWORD and FLOWEN'S SWORD do not get boost from their corresponding FRAME/ARMOR/SHIELD.

The YELLOWBOZE ones actually rock http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

NodMan
Dec 5, 2003, 02:15 AM
So are fake and one is real!

Hrith
Dec 5, 2003, 09:58 AM
I think a word's missing in your sentence, Nodman XD

And, no, there is no "real" one, just better. They all have 10 stars. The real AGITO, unlike 10 star fake, has 11 stars. Got it ?

btw, VIRIDIA cannot find any FLOWEN'S SWORD or DB's SWORD because it can find all AGITOS.

lain2k3
Dec 5, 2003, 10:31 AM
Yep, they really serve no purpose unless you get the yellowboze versions of each.

flowens 3084 is still the best sword I have.

FalhockOspri
Dec 5, 2003, 04:50 PM
whoa whoa whoa... this doesn't have anything to do with items and the such... but can someone explain the whole Flowens uncle to Red Ring Bitcho (I hate her) and stuff!?! I am confused about all this!!

Eihwaz
Dec 6, 2003, 01:25 AM
On 2003-12-05 13:50, FalhockOspri wrote:
whoa whoa whoa... this doesn't have anything to do with items and the such... but can someone explain the whole Flowens uncle to Red Ring Bitcho (I hate her) and stuff!?! I am confused about all this!!

Sure! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Flowen was a mentor of sorts to Rico, and he trained her to fight, and all that good stuff. When they experimented on Flowen, I believe they used the data and unusual photons to produce the Red Weapons, which he said should be given to Rico, which explains why using the Red Weapon on Olga Flow alows you to see Flowen's Spirit. It goes a bit deeper than that, but that's it basically.