PDA

View Full Version : Pso pros and cons

lanceor
Dec 3, 2003, 03:09 AM
a nice little place for praises...
or for whining.
just dont start crying about your having to spend hours playing to get a new (or a least half decent) weapon. we all know how it is...

GuardianPoe
Dec 3, 2003, 03:21 AM
I never feel the games have enough levels... or bosses... I love the boss fights.

They need to release more episodes, seriously. Just, proper ones... not... egh... cards...

RFB
Dec 3, 2003, 03:41 AM
I think PSO Ep1&2 should be longer, and that they shouldnt have "recicled" Temple and Ship from V2, but make new scenarios with new enemies. Apart from that, it's a great game, and I think they did a great job this time with the drop ratio. Yet hard but possible, but mantaining a few of them still really hard, so if you find them, it's something to celebrate.

IMO Ep3 C.A.R.D. is going to be awesome. Also, since it's a different way of playing, whenever you get bored of EP1&2, you can go to EP3, and whenever you get bored of EP3, you can move to EP1&2.

lanceor
Dec 3, 2003, 03:56 AM
i agree, except with the drop ratio. they should have put a LOT more weapons and enemies in!

RFB
Dec 3, 2003, 04:07 AM
Lanceor, have you ever played V1 or V2? compared to those, Ep1&2 is the special weapons' paradise. In V1, the best thing you could get legally was a Varista and a DB's SABER. If you were lucky, maybe a VJAYA or however it's written. u_u.

GuardianPoe
Dec 3, 2003, 04:43 AM
On 2003-12-03 00:41, RFB wrote:
I think PSO Ep1&2 should be longer, and that they shouldnt have "recicled" Temple and Ship from V2, but make new scenarios with new enemies. Apart from that, it's a great game, and I think they did a great job this time with the drop ratio. Yet hard but possible, but mantaining a few of them still really hard, so if you find them, it's something to celebrate.

The item drop ratio is definetely better in this game, for the most part... granted, you still get bombarded with a few items, but not necessarily the same ones as everyone else, at least. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

I'm mixed on their usage of the Temple and Spaceship... I never much fancied battle mode, and was disappointed on Version 2 on the DreamCast when I found out the new stages I was seeing screens for weren't accessible for normal play.

If anything, I think they should have just given us new enemies rather than rehashing ones from other stages. Or at least new skins for the rehashed enemies.

IMO Ep3 C.A.R.D. is going to be awesome. Also, since it's a different way of playing, whenever you get bored of EP1&2, you can go to EP3, and whenever you get bored of EP3, you can move to EP1&2.

I dunno, I could break out many other games when I get bored, I'm not sure why C.A.R.D. is supposed to grab me. I loved running around Ragol and trying to hack up monsters in spite of a crappy hit percentage... I feel like all the hands-on "running in and swinging my saber around blindly" bits are being taken away.

I'm not saying the game will be bad, I'm just questioning its role as the third Episode of PSO... it seems rather far removed from everything else.

Plus they were really getting nice level design down in Episode 2... the Seabed and Control Area are freakin' gorgeous in design and visuals, and I would have loved to see them keep on going in that direction.

rena-ko
Dec 3, 2003, 07:57 AM
the game never gets old - i circle through everything available and since you never know if something neat drops the next try... well you get me.

the social factor is nice unless some moron is in the game (soloing exp hog, green box hog, red box snatcher, duper, cheater - in that order of how much i hate them depending on their appearance chance in games i participate).

Raziel_Kai
Dec 3, 2003, 08:58 AM
Best thing in PSO, for me, is the social factor.
You can really find great friends and meet all sorts of people there.

Second, its the game itself. Even if it's get repetitive, you can find different ways to play it, and it never hurts to go along your friends. It's always a fun experience.

Dhylec
Dec 3, 2003, 11:29 AM
the social aspect is definately what keeps pso afloat & interesting..
because u can only do too much of the game before getting burnt out..

meeting morons, feel disgusted, then meeting nice ppl seem to ease that previous experience.. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif
i think that my main reason for getting online
how many ttf can do before u bite the next guy asking to do it http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

PJ
Dec 3, 2003, 05:02 PM
On 2003-12-03 01:43, GuardianPoe wrote:
If anything, I think they should have just given us new enemies rather than rehashing ones from other stages. Or at least new skins for the rehashed enemies.

If Sonic Team did that, we would be complaining about that. Most of us would have called it lazy, and someone might have said in that situation, "Hey, why not just use the old enemies anyways?"

And then it's a never ending circle...

PSO has always been my favourite game. Well, not always, it wasn't released when I started playing games http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

kevlar_pso
Dec 3, 2003, 05:13 PM
Pro for PSO? For me that would hafta be getting the most for my $50. Well. . . actually more when u factor in the modem adaptor, keyboard, HL, and the BBA when I switched to cable modem. Even still a good value. Take on eof my other GC games. Wrestlemania X8, I played the heck outta that, unlocked everything, brought it to work a nd played a bunch of Multiplayer. I haven't played that in like 9 months. PSO, after more than a year, the only thing challenging PSO for time on my Tv is the Xbox version!
Con for PSO? Well I would hafta say the opposite end of the pendulum. Playin PSO way too much. Haven't beat Metroid Prime yet even tho I got it almost when it came out. Ditto for Zelda:TWW, Super Monkey Ball 1, NFL2K3(xbox), Robotech, Enter The Matrix(halfway there, I may actually beat it). Mario Kart DD is one of the few games that I am playin a lot of. Can't wait to play it online like u can w/Halo 1.

Rudoprime
Dec 3, 2003, 06:55 PM
IS THERE A CON?

Zarana
Dec 3, 2003, 07:41 PM
Pro-They've added a feature to block people from searching and mailing you.

Con-They put no effort into it, so you can't make them disappear in your Lobby.

Pro-Items are easier to find now, and there are more of them.

Con-The IDs are totally unbalanced. Some (Redria, Purplenum, Yellowboze) dominate the entire game and some (Pinkal) are completely worthless.

Pro-Way more Lobby animations, this time some with an actual sense of style.

Con-The word "con" is censored online, despite being an integral part of the Spanish language. Stupid Sonic Team.

Pro-There are new characters.

Con-The game still lets you put Symbol Chat on a shortcut. What kind of idiot left THAT bonehead feature in PSO?

Pro-There are new weapon types.

Con-Rangers are still going to use the Spread Needle instead of a Launcher, Hunters are still going to use a Double Saber instead of a Twin Sword, and the stat/technique boosts on Canes/Rods/Wands make Cards useless.

Pro-They're releasing an Episode II Challenge Mode.

Con-Preliminary indications are that the regular versions of the new S-Rank prizes are still better.

Pro-There are difficult new enemies to fight.

Con-Some people still think PSO takes no skill and that it's okay to die, so they get wasted by these new enemies and use my Moon Atomizers.

Pro-Cheating hasn't really become mainstream.

Con-Neither has not cheating.

Pro-Hunters can't use the Spread Needle anymore.

Con-Why could they ever? I mean geez, how stupid was that?

... And I'm running out of ideas now. Bye.

lanceor
Dec 4, 2003, 12:25 AM
On 2003-12-03 01:07, RFB wrote:
Lanceor, have you ever played V1 or V2? compared to those, Ep1&2 is the special weapons' paradise. In V1, the best thing you could get legally was a Varista and a DB's SABER. If you were lucky, maybe a VJAYA or however it's written. u_u.

i started pso when it first came out on GC, but from the description, it sounds alot like what im goin thru.

lanceor
Dec 4, 2003, 12:30 AM
On 2003-12-03 15:55, Rudoprime wrote:
IS THERE A CON?

do you even have to ask?

lanceor
Dec 4, 2003, 12:51 AM
as for cons, i can come up with one for psow:
1-Bit
2-ABDUR101
they shut down perfectly good (and much more successful than i expected) topics!!!
i mean, do they really expect me to go through all the forums just to make sure that i dont make a repeat post?! heck, my connection speed is only 26K, for cryin out loud! do you have any idea how long it takes me to download a single stinkin webpage?! im usually lucky if i dont get disconnected first!!!!

whoo.... ok, i feel a little better now. but im still quite upset. i just hope they dont ban me or hunt me down and kick my ass or sumthin...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: lanceor on 2003-12-03 21:54 ]</font>

RFB
Dec 4, 2003, 03:44 AM
On 2003-12-03 16:41, Zarana wrote:

Con-The word "con" is censored online, despite being an integral part of the Spanish language. Stupid Sonic Team.

You cant imagine HOW MUCH that piss us spanish people off. For those who dont know it, the Spanish word "con" means "with" in English. u_u I'd like to meet the di**head that decided to ban "con".
And that's not all. I dont know japanese, but I know how it's said the typical "no problem" in japanese, you know, when someone makes a favour, they say thank you and you asnwer "no prob". In japanese, the full version would be "Do Itashimashite". Do ItashimaSHITe. That's why it's banned. u_u

Lanceor, what difficulty lvl are you? Because I was talking about V1 Very hard difficulty, which was the highest difficulty that there were on V1.

Stormsworder
Dec 7, 2003, 04:11 PM
The only con for me is that those Crimson Assassins never drop the Red Partisan for my Oran. Ive been through there about 15 times, i think.

Squeege
Dec 8, 2003, 09:09 PM
I got a red partisan from my first pal rappy. But i couldn't use it...ever.
Why can't rangers use it! It's just a partisan like all the others! (I'm not asking, just screaming to myself)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Squeege on 2003-12-09 13:59 ]</font>

echo-2003
Dec 9, 2003, 08:52 PM
Pro's
- Many ways to play the game
- Customized characters
- Tons of cool weapons
- Raising alll sorts of different MAGS

Cons
- By far the Targeting system
- You only see what the weapons and some sheilds and MAGS, I would have liked to have seen armour and ALL shields of various kinds on the character.

CGoodness
Dec 9, 2003, 09:01 PM
Pros:
-that special something, i dont know what it is that makes it so I cant stop playing it

cons:
-all my friends hate it
-get boring playing solo offline all the time
-all the FSOD crap and other problems

NoxiousOne
Dec 9, 2003, 09:09 PM
The biggest con (I think) is that my charcater can't run. While jogging conserves energy and it isn't feasible for a person to run nonstop for 5-6 hours, they could let you go a little faster.

Other than that, It's ALL good.

CGoodness
Dec 9, 2003, 09:30 PM
Yea, it's also pretty dumb how you have to walk three steps before your guy starts to run lol.

... oops i mean "jog" haha

Hey post #900.... wow I have wayyy too much free time!

VulpesMundi
Dec 10, 2003, 02:15 AM
GC version pros and cons versus the DC versions. These should more-or-less apply for the XB version, as well.

Pro: The graphics are much smoother and colors more vibrant. Much less slowdown.
Con: The small windows in multi-player mode are difficult to see, especially on older TVs, and plagued with slowdown.

Pro: The addition of the status window on the shortcut menu.
Con: The menus severely hinder visual display in multi-player mode.

Pro: The addition of traps on the action menu.
Con: More available buttons, but no additional action menu commands (still 6). (ST should have added an L-trigger menu and made the camera control the Z button).

Pro: Item drop rates have been balanced a little better.
Con: It's still too difficult to get 11 and 12 star items to drop and the individual ID drop charts are extremely unbalanced.

Pro: More classes and appearances to choose from.
Con: Not enough true variety. The classes are still too similar in the long run. Removing spells from a few classes does not add variety, it merely takes away independence.

Pro: Gameplay has been balanced better. No weapon is truly worthless. Bosses do less set damage (ie. online Ult Falz went from 1290 to 812) to allow casual players more leeway.
Con: Too many cheap one hit kill attacks have been added. Cheap multi-hit spells from bosses. Repetitive multi-hit rule in online Ult allows no room for error against physical enemies.

Con (all versions): When you press fully forward on the analog stick you walk three steps instead of instantly running/jogging. This makes the analog feature kinda pointless.
Con: The analog control isn't as responsive/sensitive as it was on the DC versions.

More will be added if I think of them.