PDA

View Full Version : Let's Talk... Forces

lanceor
Dec 3, 2003, 03:17 AM
use the force, luke.

unless your name is luke, you'll just have to settle with talking about forces.

keep the post alive!
give me your stratigies, likes, dislikes, whatever.
im not picky.

lanceor
Dec 3, 2003, 03:39 AM
the thing with forces is, you dont have enuf buttons on the controller. ive filled em up with techniques, but i dont want to be limited to just techniques or just certain ones so that i can do phisical attacks. my solution: get a whol lotta tp recovery fluids http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif
certain enemies are weak against certain elements, so i just use all ofthe elements and set them to buttons according to how much i expect to use them. the foie and zonde get the most use, and i keep gizonde and rafoie handy for those large groups. grants is almost always effective, so it serves as a good backup when i need to do a lotta damage fast. ive also learned that megid is pretty much useless, unless youre on the recieving end (i always have those four resist/devil ready for ob lilies and those pesky sorcerers). resta i keep in an easy-to-access-in-a-bind spot, and anti is on the top of the quick menu list. and as for those fluids, i find that as long as they are at the top of the list on the quick menu, theres nothing to worry about. that said, if you need to level up your force you might want to consider joining a party, cuz thats the best of places for a force (i do just fine on my own, though).

A2K
Dec 3, 2003, 03:44 AM
I have more than enough buttons, personally. I make a hell of a lot of use out of the shortcut menu.

ElizaBluefull
Dec 3, 2003, 08:57 AM
Hooray for the shortcut menu! This is very true. I make very quick work of it due to lack of buttons (and a keyboard at this time for that matter). And of course you need the different customizations for different areas/bosses, etc. It takes a lot of quickness of mind and hands to be a FOrce, literally.
But boy, it's a whole lot of fun!

Neverwinter
Dec 3, 2003, 09:25 AM
I like to chuck a few spells at em, most likel a barta spell to freez em (GIbarta Lv 18, woks alot) and then use my Virista +25 to shoot em to hell, not forgettin to shifta and deband me and m allies. I give many thanks for the shortcut menu as it is very nessasary to cast more spells. Basically, give a ore a powerful handgun(Virista for me) and then if TP runs out(often) fire away. All forces rule s i have em all.

oeagrus
Dec 3, 2003, 09:35 AM
Yay, a Force-Only topic. Go away, HUmars!!

Okay, all I want to add is that FOmarls and FOmars make excellent Melee Forces. I just had this discussion with some HUmar last night (I'm on the Xbox) who said that that no forces were meant to melee. So I left the game and brought in Deathelle (level 169 FOmarl, uses L&K's with high hit %) and for two rooms in the caves, I made a point by killing everything in the room before he could finish two combos. He soon saw the light. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

To melee well, you really need to find (or buy in the shop) weps with 40% or higher hit. Keep checking the weapons peddler; he occasionally sells Gatlings and Vulcans with 50+ hit % which will serve you well. You can also use the Inferno Bazooka, Red Handgun, Double Saber, Holy Ray, Bringers Rifle and other not-highly-sought rares.

Make yourself a well-balanced mag (I made a 50-50-50-50 Sato which I LOVE) and you're on your way to having the kind of PSO fun few people get to experience.

Kemon
Dec 3, 2003, 02:03 PM
Yeah shortcut is good but they should have given us the z button to use instead of it being the same as start. YAY one extra button would be cool!

ABDUR101
Dec 3, 2003, 05:40 PM
Use this thread (http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic=70371&forum=1&start=105) please. =]