PDA

View Full Version : Breakfast, Lunch, Supper

AUTO_
Dec 3, 2003, 08:17 PM
They say breakfast is the most important meal of the day...

But dammit! Some say otherwise!

Which meal of the day is your favorite and why?

I would say supper is my favorite meal of the day, because after a long, hard day...it's good to taste those spaghettios!

polishedweasel
Dec 3, 2003, 08:21 PM
Breakfast..I like breakfast food better.

And, it's dinner, not supper. >:|

SpikeOtacon
Dec 3, 2003, 08:26 PM
Last thing I ate was a bowl of Chicken flavored Ramen yesterday.

ABDUR101
Dec 3, 2003, 08:33 PM
Dinner(supper) for me since I'm laid off, but while I'm at work it's lunch, since I usually don't eat breakfast on account of getting sick in the mornings.

Nai_Calus
Dec 3, 2003, 08:39 PM
WTF is supper? XD Is it like that 'pop' crap I keep hearing about? XD

Dinner. Because it's only usually something microwaved.

Bradicus
Dec 3, 2003, 08:49 PM
wow.... saying tuque must really throw you people for a loop....

shifter
Dec 3, 2003, 09:32 PM
for me, its lunch. its usually the first large meal ill have in at least half a day. i cant wake up early enough to get to breakfast at school because i got eight oclock classes and i already have trouble getting to them.

_Ted_
Dec 3, 2003, 09:35 PM
On 2003-12-03 17:39, Ian-KunX wrote:

POP?! My cousin kept saying that, then I went up to his house in Washington and everybody says it! AHHHHHHH!

polishedweasel
Dec 3, 2003, 09:42 PM
SODA.... not pop.

I just made my own home made "pizza"

It wasn't really pizza, but recently the stepmother's been working late, and noone ever accepts my offers to cook. So I took 2 peices of bread(honey wheat) two slices of cheese and 4 pepperonies. Put a slice of cheese and 2 pepperonies on each of the slices of bread and put them in the toaster oven for about 3 minutes. Needless to say it was pretty good, not really healthy but good.

Yum... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_barf.gif

Kasumi19
Dec 3, 2003, 10:14 PM
For me the most important meal of the day is based on when I start my day. If I happen to sleep until noon and eat after that, then I might say that lunch is the most important meal that day. If I wake up earlier that may change to breakfast.

I know some people may not be familiar with the word supper. The word supper is only used in certain parts of the United States and typically refers to the evening meal, though I have heard the midday meal also referred to as supper.

Delsaber
Dec 3, 2003, 10:20 PM
If only I had pepperonis around here somewhere I would make what you made, Polished. It sounds good right now even though I just had pizza.. Damn, I am still hungry.

Auronius
Dec 3, 2003, 10:40 PM
Breakfast has to be my favorite, probably cause I'm a morning person.

AUTO_
Dec 3, 2003, 11:36 PM
Ok...I'd like to clarify:

It's Supper and POP (Soda sounds like something from an 80's POP commercial)

Because my lunch consists of school lunch, lunch is easily my least enjoyed meal of the day.

I'm not a breakfast person (even though I eat breakfast foods like cereal for ...)...

SUPPER

dark_agenda
Dec 3, 2003, 11:56 PM
Supper, definately... I hate mornings.

The only way I get up in the mornings is if I have to

I would prefer to sleep till 12 or so

NKOTB
Dec 4, 2003, 12:00 AM
Beer, beer, and beer.

They're all my favorite.

dark_agenda
Dec 4, 2003, 12:34 AM
On 2003-12-03 21:00, NKOTB wrote:
Beer, beer, and beer.

They're all my favorite.

Greatest breakfast ever = cold pizza and ber

AngelofVNVNation
Dec 5, 2003, 12:35 AM
Umm..you want cookie?
Anywho, any meal I can get that is fresh is good, but I'd have to go with lunch, even if I do eat it at around 3:30 pm.
And to end the dinner/supper argument I am now offically deeming that third meal of the day dupper, mainly since calling it sinner would just sound wierd...

Mixfortune
Dec 5, 2003, 02:26 AM
On 2003-12-03 18:35, _Ted_ wrote:

On 2003-12-03 17:39, Ian-KunX wrote:

POP?! My cousin kept saying that, then I went up to his house in Washington and everybody says it! AHHHHHHH!

Hmmm I live in Washington and almost everyone I know around here says "Soda". I live in Redmond and Puyallup though, so I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it.

On that note, Pepsi Blue is the devil...

Nai_Calus
Dec 5, 2003, 02:34 AM
Never in my life have I ever heard dinner reffered to as 'supper' outside of old books.

Dupper sounds like a meal you'd eat on Vega. XD

'Pop' sounds like something retarded out of the 80s. >_>;

I should make a poll on this. >P

AngelofVNVNation
Dec 5, 2003, 03:29 AM
Heehee, I would take that poll if you did.

Anywho, yeah, dupper does sound kinda strange, so I guess we'll go with sinner.

And the only worse name I can think of for soda or pop is soda-pop. Makes one feel like they're in the 50's are (not bashing the 50's in anyway) Soda for me, it goes so well with lunch!

Edit: behold, I am the master of typos...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AngelofVNVNation on 2003-12-05 00:30 ]</font>

Zaneatron
Dec 5, 2003, 01:03 PM
i always reguarded supper as a meal after dinner. nothing huge, maybe some bread and butter pudding or something like that.

but my favourite meal of the day is usually dinner itself. except on sundays when its lunch, because i get roast dinner http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif unless my parents are out then, in which case we have it in the evening. so on the whole its mostly dinner i enjoy most http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

KaFKa
Dec 5, 2003, 01:24 PM
lunch. i get up at five every morning so i can be to work by six, in that hour i have no time to eat, mainly because it takes wel ove half an hour to get to work...

go lunch

starhealer
Dec 5, 2003, 01:49 PM
Breakfast is only good if you're having it for dinner. Otherwise it tends to make me ill.

I'd probably say dinner is my favourite, if only because I don't eat anything until around six at night, anyhow. As a matter of fact, I'm starving this very minute, but seeing as how I'm at work, I can't very well go out and get some food.

Damn you people and your talk of pizza. *wishes she had food*

Guile
Dec 5, 2003, 11:03 PM
I'm gonna go with supper since it's the only one I ever get to eat anymore.

Dime
Dec 6, 2003, 01:54 AM
Lupper

DarthFomar
Dec 6, 2003, 02:00 AM
It's always good to have a meal in the middle of your day. I don't much care for breakfast*hardly ever* or dinner*if it's somethin good*, but I usually catch lunch...if not...then dinner. Breakfast is really iffy.

Callie
Dec 7, 2003, 06:33 PM
Supper!!!!!!Nothing else !Super is big!Even though i dont eat it all http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_clown.gif

BogusKun
Dec 7, 2003, 11:55 PM
I haven't ate anything... In 3 weeks!

I feel like I'm going to die or something... I had water for all meals so I wouldn't know exactly which is best... I totally forgot how food tastes really.