PDA

View Full Version : Different ending

Zorafin
Dec 4, 2003, 06:29 PM
I have been playing PSO for one year offline, I just got online. When I was playing offline, I played all the quests I could before going to the level they were played in, so by the time I beat Dark Falz, I completed all the quests. Just recently, I played though normal not doing many quests (my memory card got corrupted, you see...) and, when I beat Falz, I got a different ending than I normally get. Would anyone happen to know anything about this?

Dhylec
Dec 4, 2003, 06:38 PM
so far i've seen 2 kind of endings..
1 with all offline quests cleared, other as 3 new ep2 classes..

MasterJoel
Dec 4, 2003, 06:51 PM
there are actually 5 different kinds of endings.

1) normal-vhard mode epI ending shows your char going through all areas followed by the principal crying in his desk.

2) normal-vhard epII ending. i can't remember, as i don't play epII very often offline without beating epI first...

3) ultimate mode epI ending shows rico going through all areas followed by the principal crying at his desk because she is also standing in the room.

4) ultimate mode epII ending shows flowen and rico back to back, spinning 'round and round', and then they disappear

5) although i have not seen it myself, supposedly if you beat all the quests offline and then beat epI on ult, it shows flowen training rico before they leave coral.

i hope i'm correct on this, please correct me if i'm wrong...

Zorafin
Dec 4, 2003, 09:18 PM
One of my offline characters was a HUcaseal, and her ending was no diferent than the others. But then again, I always did all the quests first with her. The ending I always got for ep1 was that fifth one you said, it also showed all the ultimate bosses save for Falz, some pics from some quests (like Elenor with a bunch of mags), and ended with Flowen and Rico sparing. I also saw the ep2 ending, with the sword (I was crying as it was vanishing, I wanted that sword). I haven't seen any of the ultimate endings, since I only got to it with my force, and you know how well spells work in ultimate.

rpgstar
Dec 4, 2003, 11:47 PM
I have seen 3 different endings thus far.

Ep 1 ending, it shows pictures of what everyone else is doing in PSO(elenor, shop keepers, nurse, etc.)

Ep 1 ending, it shows pictures of you and what you were doing,(fighting monsters, running though hallways, fighting headguys)

Ep 2 ending, the sword disappearing.

I haven't beaten it on ult yet, but there is suppose to be 2 endings there, one on ep1 and one for ep 2.

LordMe
Dec 4, 2003, 11:49 PM
cool!!!i wanna see them all

RicoRoyal
Dec 5, 2003, 12:38 AM
On 2003-12-04 15:51, MasterJoel wrote:
there are actually 5 different kinds of endings.

1) normal-vhard mode epI ending shows your char going through all areas followed by the principal crying in his desk.

2) normal-vhard epII ending. i can't remember, as i don't play epII very often offline without beating epI first...

3) ultimate mode epI ending shows rico going through all areas followed by the principal crying at his desk because she is also standing in the room.

4) ultimate mode epII ending shows flowen and rico back to back, spinning 'round and round', and then they disappear

5) although i have not seen it myself, supposedly if you beat all the quests offline and then beat epI on ult, it shows flowen training rico before they leave coral.

i hope i'm correct on this, please correct me if i'm wrong...

You almost got them all. As for your #2, it shows a sword disintegrating into background.....extreeeemmmeely slowly (very boring ending).
Also, you didn't mention the Ep. 1 ending in which it shows what happens to certain characters that you met through quest. It shows rappies behind a hatching egg, the Sil Dragon, also shows what happens after the quest "forest of sorrow". For some odd reason this ending also shows scientist inputing codes into computers while in the background there is an assembly line of Sinow ZOAs (which are Ep. II only, thus why its weird). I believe your #3 ending, is the rarer of the ep. I endings. As it overrides the other quest I just mentioned. I'm not quite sure I understood your #5 ending... but oh well... no time to talk about that now.

ElizaBluefull
Dec 5, 2003, 01:44 PM
I got a very strange one, and it only happened once. I have cleared all of the offline quests for every difficulty level and cleared the game on every difficulty level for both eps. When I went back and beat falz, the ending I got was Rico traveling through Ragol (where as you'd usually be pictured) carrying different Red Weapons...and when it was all over, she was standing before Principal Tyrell and Irene. That was funky and I haven't seen it since.

A2K
Dec 5, 2003, 02:11 PM
Allow me to make a few modifications:

Episode 1: Normal, Hard, and Very Hard
After the first half with the Red Ring, it will show pictures of you throughout the Episode 1 stages, as well as a few pictures of some of the citizens of Pioneer 2. I believe that the last picture is of you against Dark Falz, and shows his first form in Normal and Hard, and his last form in Very Hard.

Episode 1: Normal, Hard, and Very Hard (All Quests Completed)
This will show the ending with all the pictures of NPCs (after the Red Ring). (Formerly the URAENDING code in Dreamcast Version 2). I don't know whether or not completing the quests changes the Ultimate ending, though...

The particular picture shows Principal Tyrell being consoled by Irene--eh, I don't really think he's crying or anything, it's a sort of silent depression those stoic types have, you know.

Episode 1: Ultimate
After the Red Ring, This will show Rico's journey several days ahead of you through Ragol, laying message capsules and etc.

Principal Tyrell and Irene have shocked looks on their faces as a familiar form seems to visit them, if only for a fleeting moment.

Episode 2: Normal, Hard, and Very Hard
Flowen's Dark Flow sword dissolves, symbolic of the departed soldier.

Episode 2: Ultimate
Red Ring Rico and Flowen together, with each of their respective symbols: Red Ring and Dark Flow. At the end they disappear, leaving behind only their items. Another nice symbolic thing, I guess.

All Episode 1 endings are to the tune of "Can Still See the Light", and all Episode 2 endings are to "World With Me", vocals provided in both by Loren, composed by Fumie Kumitani.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: A2K on 2003-12-05 11:13 ]</font>

PJ
Dec 5, 2003, 04:50 PM
On 2003-12-05 11:11, A2K wrote:
Episode 1: Normal, Hard, and Very Hard (All Quests Completed)
This will show the ending with all the pictures of NPCs (after the Red Ring). (Formerly the URAENDING code in Dreamcast Version 2). I don't know whether or not completing the quests changes the Ultimate ending, though...

It does the change the ending on Ultimate into that one too. It really annoyed me because I was levelling up my FOmar in those quests, and then it gave me that one >.< But I know I won't mess up with my HUmar/FOnewearl...!