PDA

View Full Version : This is not a cheat

DarkSoldier
Dec 4, 2003, 10:06 PM
I tried this once I was talking about how my friend accidently got a duped character on completly accident and I got locked so hear im going to try this one more time and this is not a cheat. Alright my friend he was transfering his character and it stoped in the middle of transfering his Fomar. when this happened he got two characters with the same name and same Level character with the same ID I was wondering if this was A dupe because it accidently happend to my friend and some person who just Private messaged me and said that this happened to him to so can you tell me your appinion. THANKS

Monomate
Dec 4, 2003, 10:19 PM
huh?

ummm...so how is that not a cheat...? it's getting an extra hi-level character for free...2 hi level chars half the work...sounds just as bad as duping to me...

metermore
Dec 4, 2003, 11:45 PM
I dont know if you noticed (i do this alot)
but you lose all your items as well http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/twak.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: metermore on 2003-12-07 16:26 ]</font>

polishedweasel
Dec 5, 2003, 02:11 AM
Ok....puctuation is an important thing here at PSOW.

Grammar and correct spelling are also very important.

Technically, yes it's cheating because you glitched the game with is in violation of the Terms of Service that Sonic Team has so gladly pasted onto multiple parts of your PSO game case and software.

Any further questions? Don't ask them. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

DarkSoldier
Dec 5, 2003, 03:06 PM
hey I didnt do nothing to cause this it just happend I was asking if you would say it was a dupe or not I didnt mean to bother you by saying this was a cheat did I. I said this is not a cheat soi get it through your heads what this post realy was about thats why we named the posts what we named them alright. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

darthsaber9x9
Dec 5, 2003, 07:02 PM
well i think the relative risk of messing mid-save maks it particularly worthless

DarkSoldier
Dec 5, 2003, 08:31 PM
I didnt try to make this happend I said it was an accident.

zaffre
Dec 6, 2003, 07:49 AM
For Gawds sake isn't anyone listening to what this guy is saying. He hasnt uses codes or glitched anything. THIS IS NOT A CHEAT, and does not belong in a cheat forum (moderator???). The same thing happened to me. I was playing multiplayer and when It come to transferring my character back, it would not let me. I thought "OMG,my high level character is corrupted". Of course I panicked and eventually resigned myself to the fact that he was gone. HOWEVER, when I got home and had a look at my card, my characted was still there but without the levels he had gone up whilst playing with my friend. Then my friend called me and told me she had my character too as a temp character on her card (and he had gone up levels). Well I was relieved to still have my character intact but now two of him exist. Freaky,and Im still puzzled as to how it happened, thankfully it hasnt happened since. I also wondered if it had happened to anyone else. And Im very dissappointed that this thread has been moved to the cheat forum. I know DarkSoldier didnt cheat because I dont cheat. This thread DOES NOT belong in the cheats forum. NO CHEATS HAVE BEEN PREFORMED HERE!!!

DarkSoldier
Dec 6, 2003, 09:38 PM
Yeah what he said NO CHEATS HAVE BEEN PERFORMED HEAR

DarkSoldier
Dec 6, 2003, 09:40 PM
Yeah what he said NO CHEATS HAVE BEEN PERFORMED HEAR

DarkSoldier
Dec 6, 2003, 09:41 PM
sorry about that I went to the bathroom and I forgot that I already made a new post.

Brand1503
Dec 8, 2003, 04:58 PM
no offense polishedweasel but u sorta spelt punctuation wrong.

zaffre
Dec 9, 2003, 12:09 AM
On 2003-12-08 13:58, Brand1503 wrote:
no offense polishedweasel but u sorta spelt punctuation wrong.

Well, yes he/she did. However... What the hell has that got to do with this thread!.
If you're interested, something weird has happened here. Not just once but twice, and I find it hard to believe that its only happened to two people. Im sure others have experienced it, but no one has come forward. Probably because that this thread has been moved (wrongly) to the cheat forum.

DarkSoldier
Dec 9, 2003, 08:40 PM
hey can you just calm down a minute I know your mad cause the moved the thread but their is no reason why you should get mad about it life will always be the same if someone moves something or corrects someone the person who does it just thinks it is just right to say or do. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Firocket1690
Dec 9, 2003, 09:09 PM
*casually walks into thread ten minutes late* http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

hmmm I've been messing around with this for a while now ...

Card A is the original card.
Card B is the 'secondary' card.
If you play Multiplayeroffline, you have to 'transfer' your character from B to A.
Then, since ST didn't want people to dupe like this (transfer char, give items, delete, transfer again)
They made the thingy so if you transfer a char and leave it on Card A. Then quit game/etc. Pull out the B card and put it in A Slot. If you try to log on, it says it'll delete all your items. (nothing held, nothing in bank, no meseta anywhere)
That's because your 'true' character is saved as a temporary character in the original CardA.
Load up the original Card A in Slot A, and the original Card B in Slot B. Load up the game, and your char (in this case, your FOmar) will be on the green half of the character selection screen.
highlight, and select "Return to Memory card B"

Problem Solved !!
http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

DarkSoldier
Dec 10, 2003, 08:08 PM
No no no no you dont get what I was saying I said that it stoped in the middle which created 2 identical characters without corrupting any of the characters or charactr files. The chars both had thier weaps which caused a dupe or something but it was completly on accident though now he has 2 chars and double the weaps that he had before the transfer.

So how in the blue heck is it problem solved huh I want a answer back if you ever dare to look again my little friend. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Sord
Dec 10, 2003, 08:38 PM
Okay that's weird, i lost my items when i did it on accident (then i played both characters at once to get my items to my memory card) than i did it again (@%$% %$@# @#$%!!!) and i don't know who has my character on their card, so i had to go fight on hard mode (which i was on anyways) constantly running from boomas after one punch, then running back and hitting them again, and so on until i ran out of monomates (which was quick considering i was around level 45 on hard with no mag or armor or anything) run back to the teleporter and then the hospital with about 50 collected meseta and repeat the whole damn process. Still haven't found the memory card with my data on it, i hope they didn't delet it (there's only one other person i'v played with that i haven't checked and his gamecubes broken, i bet it's on his)

Any ways the reason this thread was put under cheat was probably because if some one found out the full thing then we would have massed duped characters and not just items (man would that be weird)

Joe: Hey bob, you hear? The Fonewm Jocklin is in style now.

Bob: Yeah, I know. I got mine already!

Joe:No way dude!

Bob:Yeah way, it's awsome!

and so on...

Sorry i can't help you

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sord on 2003-12-10 17:39 ]</font>

zaffre
Dec 10, 2003, 10:07 PM
On 2003-12-09 17:40, DarkSoldier wrote:
hey can you just calm down a minute I know your mad cause the moved the thread but their is no reason why you should get mad about it life will always be the same if someone moves something or corrects someone the person who does it just thinks it is just right to say or do. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Hang on a minute DarkSoldier, Im not sure why you are telling me to calm down. It suggests that Im doing something wrong, And I take offense at that. All I did was point out that someones punctuation has got nothing to do with this thread, and it might get more attention if it hadn't been moved. Im not MAD, just annoyed that this has been moved to here (as you were too!). What happened with you and I was weird and unintentional. You and I know we didnt cheat. So why is your thread here?!!. People are now wondering how to dupe a character, YOU CAN'T, it was a fluke. It could have gone gone bad, I thought my card was corrupted. It wasn't, but it should have been, so, luckly I ended up with my character on my friends card and on mine. Someone else must have experienced the same but we'll never know 'cos your (important) experience has been slung into a cheaters forum. Thats all Im sayin.

DarkSoldier
Dec 12, 2003, 10:32 PM
sorry thier is two peole on this account so I didnt write that my friend did cause hes just to lazy to make his own account so sorry agoin for that rude post and I know that it happened to you to Zeffre and I am realy mad that it happened but life still goes on so im over it im hoping you are too.

hopfully......

BAMGUY
Jan 2, 2004, 10:54 AM
On 2003-12-10 19:07, zaffre wrote:

On 2003-12-09 17:40, DarkSoldier wrote:

Hang on a minute DarkSoldier, Im not sure why you are telling me to calm down. It suggests that Im doing something wrong, And I take offense at that. All I did was point out that someones punctuation has got nothing to do with this thread, and it might get more attention if it hadn't been moved. Im not MAD, just annoyed that this has been moved to here (as you were too!). What happened with you and I was weird and unintentional. You and I know we didnt cheat. So why is your thread here?!!. People are now wondering how to dupe a character, YOU CAN'T, it was a fluke. It could have gone gone bad, I thought my card was corrupted. It wasn't, but it should have been, so, luckly I ended up with my character on my friends card and on mine. Someone else must have experienced the same but we'll never know 'cos your (important) experience has been slung into a cheaters forum. Thats all Im sayin.

It happened to my friend. He was trying to return 2 chars from my card. It seemed like the transfer had worked but when he turned the game back on he had no chars. So i pressed the delete button on the temp.
It returned them but also left them on mine...weird

darthsaber9x9
Jan 2, 2004, 11:39 AM
BAMGUY, this thread is nearly a month old.... dont bump old threads. unless the mods dont consider this old...

BogusKun
Jan 2, 2004, 02:05 PM
Don't forget TAHT was his first post.

He could be new?

darthsaber9x9
Jan 2, 2004, 07:23 PM
On 2004-01-02 11:05, BogusKun wrote:
Don't forget TAHT THAT http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif was his first post.

He could be new?

regardless, the forum rules are there to be read... but since its his first post, yes ill go lighter on him...

still, read the goddam forum rules...BEFORE you start posting!