PDA

View Full Version : The Self-Proclaimed MAG professor is back! (Post all MAG que

Mindblade
Apr 7, 2001, 06:13 PM
Hey guys! The Self-Proclaimed MAG professor is back to answer all of your MAG questions! Post any MAG question here, or private meassage me.

AdamW
Apr 8, 2001, 05:38 AM
Yes Mag professor. I certainly hope you're not like the chao professor who hasn't updated in over a year now. Anyway, what are the exact requirements to be able to use the RoboChao, Chao or Opa Opa hearts?

Mindblade
Apr 8, 2001, 11:44 AM
To use a Opa Opa heart, your MAG's MIND has to be over 100. To use Mech Chao or Chao heart, right now I'm going with the rumor of your MAG must have these or greater stats:

Lv.100
IQ:200
SYNC:120%
DEF:35
POW:35
DEX:35
MIND:35
Although I am not fully with this rumor, because I usually like to do my own testing, but I have yet to find a heart or part. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_frown.gif

Mindblade,
The self-proclaimed MAG professor

CASH
Apr 8, 2001, 12:05 PM
My friend found a Heart of Pian once. I think he said it was in VHard Forest, and a Hildablue dropped it, but you never know... He could be lying...

<font size=1>[ This message was edited by: CASH on 2001-04-08 16:19 ]</font>

SaitoH
Apr 8, 2001, 01:31 PM
I have a question mag professor. I am raising a durga mag on a racaseal to give to my hunter when its level 200. Will my durga mag change forms if it is lvl 200? I do not want a soma mag. I love that Durga its soooo cool. Please let me know if it will keep its form.

Flea
Apr 8, 2001, 10:28 PM
Mr. Mag!! How do you get the MAG "Sita"? The MAG page never seems to load on my browser x.x

Mindblade
Apr 8, 2001, 11:25 PM
SaitoH, as I don't really understand your question, I might be wrong. I think your asking if your MAG reaches 200 and you switch it to a different character, then no, it won't evolve again until the order of MIND/DEX/POW is changed, or if you use a Cell/Heart/Part.

Flea, to get a Sita, you have to have a Force with a section A ID. If it has it's stats at this order at Lv.50, it will become Sita:

DEX>MIND >POW

Mindblade,

Andromeda
Apr 9, 2001, 10:48 AM
Mr. Mag professor, sir, I know that asking where to locate MAG cells/hearts/parts is really an insurmountable request, so maybe you would be so kind as to inform me where to find Al Rappys and/or HildaBlues? I've been told they're in the forest, in the same places I'd find a non-blue Rappy or Hilda! But is that ON or OFFline, and on what difficulty setting? puh-LEASE show me the Way!! THX! u r a pal

tallguy
Apr 9, 2001, 10:58 AM
hey prof, i have obtained a heart of pian but i do not know the req for it, could you help me out?

AdamW
Apr 9, 2001, 11:51 AM
All you have to have to turn your mag into a Pian is a Lv 200 mag, doesn't matter what it's stats are, with full sync and IQ.

Mindblade
Apr 9, 2001, 03:27 PM
First off, thank you AdamW for filling in for me during my period of....um..."sleep".

Andromeda, Rare monsters such as Hideblues and Al Rappys appear VERY rarly on any difficulty setting. The appearance is random, and I once read you can Telepipe in and out of the Foorest when a Rappy is in sight, and 1 in 1,000(or more) times a Rag Rappy will change into an Al Rappy. I have not tested this yet.

AxemPunanny
Apr 9, 2001, 05:31 PM
You want to talk about rare...

Back when I just started my RAcast, I was playing, OFFLINE on NORMAL during a QUEST in FOREST; see all the details? Within FIVE HOURS of playing the game, I spot an AL RAPPY. What did i get from it? 900 mesetas... whoopee. er.. That was my very first rare monster spotting, and it was with my second char, after playing my first char for over 100 hours.

Seeing as Mindblade is the self proclaimed Mag prof... we got another mag title... my FOnewm, XPunanny, is a mag farmer. I've accumulated about 30 mags.

XPunanny has a:
L200 Marica
L200 Naga
L142 Garuda
L134 Bhirava
L70 Ila
L25 Vritra (all star Atomizers)
L?? Vritra towards a Kumara
L?? Vritra towards a Bana
L?? Vritra towards an Andharva (is that how you spell it??)
L?? Mag towards RoboChao
L?? Mag towards Opa Opa (if I ever find one of those Chao Cells
and there are some baby mags.

Since I don't remember all the other mags off the top of my head (I wish I did), I won't be able to list all the rest of the mags. Since I've worked on XPunanny and his mags the most, I remember most of them by heart.

My RAcast has around 10 mags, and my HUmar has 5 mags; also not including the baby mags I've given away. And that one time I sold 7 baby mags all at once. One of the wierdest feelings to selling mags just like. 75 mesetas I believe for each. If I had more room in my inventory I would've kept them all.

Andromeda
Apr 9, 2001, 06:13 PM
Thx for the info, Prof....
and you too, 'nanny (I especially appreciate the DETAILED info) ...LOL!
But now I'm feeling a bit melancholy. Lvl 85, and 250+ hours of play time, and never a goshdang blue anything! Oh well... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_frown.gif

AxemPunanny
Apr 9, 2001, 06:44 PM
Andromeda
Well I wish you luck on your rare-monster quest. What if you were to try to make another char, and then bang you see a rare monster early on? Won't you be like OMG?!

Razma
Apr 9, 2001, 07:28 PM
Ok, a few of my friends and I have been trying to figure out the RoboChao parts thing.... my friend gave somebody an extra set of parts and he could actually use them!!! the only difference in his mags to ours where that the power was above 100....hhhmmm... his mags stats weren't all above 30 either, dex was only 17!!! sooo I think there is logic behind this, as Opa Opa needs 100 mind... really makes ya think, well post back and tell me what you think about my therory....

Mindblade
Apr 9, 2001, 10:30 PM
Razma, That's a cool theroy. I love reading other people's therioes. Anyway, I think that just might be right. Maybe to use the Heart of Chao your MAG has to have 100<DEX. Hmmm.

Mindblade,
The Self-Proclaimed MAG professor

Set_Follower
Apr 10, 2001, 03:51 AM
my question is what do you get when you feed a mag all stars up to 200? right now i have a rudra in the mid 40s. im a Hunewearl id-skyly and it is my second mag raised to date.

damn stars get expensive

SaitoH
Apr 10, 2001, 09:51 AM
Just to clarify my previous question. A friend told me that, a mag raised under a section "a" id, then given to a character with section "b" id, will change form even if its level 200. He says it changes just by raising the sync. Is that true?

Wow, AxemPunanny, you must have infinate patience to raise that many mags! I can barely handle 2 http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_razz.gif

Mindblade
Apr 10, 2001, 10:29 AM
Set_Follower, There once was a rumor that the only way to get a Sonic MAG was to feed your MAG only Star Atomizers to Lv.200. I'm not sure who it was, but someone proved that wrong. However, unless the character your rasing that MAG for is an android, keep feeding it Stars. Almost all MAGs get stat incresments equally with them, meaning you will get a very balenced MAG.

SaitoH, I do not think so. SYNC usually has nothing to do with regular MAG evolution. However, it might work, but as you all know, I like to test things for myself.

Mindblade,
The Self-Proclaimed MAG professor( DUCK! It's the radioactive-hydrolic squirrel!)

<font size=1>[ This message was edited by: Mindblade on 2001-04-10 08:31 ]</font>

Rapscallion
Apr 10, 2001, 11:54 AM
alright, so last night while playing in the vhard forest I came across a Mag Cell #502. I used it to upgrade my mag and now I have a mag called a Soniti. Just wondering how rare this mag is.

Mindblade
Apr 10, 2001, 01:59 PM
Rapscallion, finding wise, your MAG is very rare. Trading wise, you would have been better off with the cell.

Mindblade,
The Self-Proclaimed MAG professor

Razma
Apr 10, 2001, 02:09 PM
Well you won't believe what happened last night!!!!! IT happened, and now I have a RoboChao!!!!!!!!!! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_smile.gifhttp://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_smile.gifhttp://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_smile.gif!!!!!!! I was just playing an open game with some friends and in comes a guy named L.Vinny.... I ask him, as I have turned this RoboChao thing into a quest for myself, if he knows what requirements I need for a robochao. He says no, but that he has one himself!!!!! He has no idea how they work, but if I had the parts he would do it for me, how could I refuse?!?!?! But heres the real kicker.............. that mag was only lvl 65!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm kinda scared though, it was given to me as a lower lvl character, but by a rather trustworth friend, so I don't think it was hacked.... But everything I've read says the mag needs to be lvl 100 before you can use anything on it, but nobody seems to know what needs to be for a robo..... Oh well, I'm still happy!!! Tell me your thoughts on this......!

<font size=1>[ This message was edited by: Razma on 2001-04-10 12:15 ]</font>

SerGe-007
Apr 10, 2001, 04:32 PM
SaitoH, all you do is let someone else with a different ID and character feed your MAG, and it will transfer right before your very eyes! Me and a friend of mine tried this, and it was pretty cool. Mine went from a crummy Kama to a Madhu, and his went from a Madhu to a Kama.

Btw, if you must know, I'm a HUnewearl, with the WHITALL ID, and ny friend was a RAcaseal, ID PINKAL (I think).

Jim2001
Apr 11, 2001, 04:45 PM
Andromeda, you can find them in the forest in any mode. According to the rumors Ive heard, some people are more likely to find them than others. I've heard of a force that found an al rappy, hildablue, and narl lilly all in the first ten hours of play time. Personally, I haven't seen anything exept screen shots. If you can't seem to find any of them, go to an online game with someone who finds them offten, and you'll have a greater chance of seing one in that game.

opalexian
Apr 12, 2001, 04:20 AM
If a mag raised by sec ID A is given to someone with a sec ID B (or vice versa,) the mag will transform into whatever it would have been had it been raised by the sec ID B person.

This holds true for all mags raised to 3rd evolution and beyond, regardless of whether they are lvl 65 or 200, and no matter what you feed it (just as you can feed a mag cell to a lvl 200 mag and it will still change.) I've confirmed this, as a friend has now given me 2 lvl 200 Banas raised by a hunter; when I fed them, they both became the hideous Naga (or 'Spirmy,' as we've taken to calling them.)

I also am mag farming (so far only between my 2 main charas, I haven't been playing the third very much.) It's been festive and interresting so far, although giving them stars will only server to drain your bank and give you an exceedingly-balanced mag with a slightly higher DEF (I believe, since that stat starts out higher.)

Happy MAGing!

opalexian
Apr 12, 2001, 04:28 AM
Oh, I also forgot to mention that if you (or whoever else has the mag raised by a different sec ID group) wants to keep it in that form, and keep the synch up, they will need to unequip it every time, or else they will need to have someone of the same sec ID grouping AND class (hunter, ranger, or force) feed the mag to get it's synch back up. If anyone else feeds it, the mag will most-likely change form.

Remember, the mag's special side effects stem from what form it has. If you want a mag that always casts 'invincible,' (my personal fave,) you will need to make sure it doesn't change out of that form if you got it form someone else.

Mindblade
Apr 12, 2001, 10:49 AM
I hate it when people do that while I'm sleeping. J/K. But everything he said is true, tested by me last night.

Rhete
Apr 12, 2001, 09:05 PM
Ok here's a question, are mags you find always random colors, or do they take the color of the first person to equip them?

Mindblade
Apr 12, 2001, 10:30 PM
I believe it will first take on the color of the character who found it, but I'm not sure. What I DO know is that if it's random, after it evolves for the first time it will evolve to match the color of it's master.

SaitoH
Apr 13, 2001, 09:41 AM
Awwww crap! and I just got my Durga mag to level 200. Now what is a RAcaseal gonna do with a mind mag.....

thanks for the help though.

Mindblade
Apr 13, 2001, 11:38 AM
Trade it for a DEX MAG in the trade forum. lol.

Mindblade,

SaitoH
Apr 13, 2001, 08:30 PM
Ha! Mindblade I restarted my HUmar with a section B id just for my Durga mag http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_razz.gif

Yeah, kinda sad but I really want "SaitoH 3" to have that Duraga!

ps. This is the 3rd restart for SaitoH thus his name is SaitoH 3........pretty clever huh? (not really http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_razz.gif)

teflon
Apr 13, 2001, 09:36 PM
Another Q concerning robo chao...

could a MAG that has Def 21/Pow 81/Dex 18/Mind 23 evolve into a robo chao?

Mindblade
Apr 13, 2001, 10:36 PM
If my theroy about Mechchaos is correct(see post geeting down to buisness with Robochao, or something like that) then no. Also, Satoh, I do the same thing. I have MINDBLADE, Mindblade 2, and MindblaDE 3. lol

Mindblade,

opalexian
Apr 14, 2001, 03:28 AM
On 2001-04-12 08:49, Mindblade wrote:
I hate it when people do that while I'm sleeping. J/K. But everything he said is true, tested by me last night.

Ummm, I hope you weren't referring to ME as 'he'. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_razz.gif

SaitoH
Apr 14, 2001, 09:14 AM
Well, that tears it ! New section Id did nothing my durga changed into a soma http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_frown.gif I gave it back to my ranger and have topped off its sync and iq. Now I'm gonna give it back to SaitoH and never feed the thing. I guess i'll store it in the bank when I leave the game so that it keeps it sync. *sigh*

dopeskills
Apr 14, 2001, 02:23 PM
Has anyone found mag cells offline? I've been running around the forest on V-Hard and haven't found anything. If anyone knows how and where to find them offline, please enlighten me.

Thanks!

teflon
Apr 15, 2001, 01:43 PM
Question, what are the requirements for a pitri?

Mindblade
Apr 15, 2001, 10:59 PM
I'm not EXACTLY sure what the requirements are.

Mindblade,

Starchild
Apr 16, 2001, 05:07 PM
Hey Prof,
could you tell me the requirements to get the ribhava (butterflywings) mag? Also is this mag the final evolution? Do I have to worry that it will change if I keep feeding it? My goal is to have a lvl 200 ribhava mag. The wings will look awsome on my female force... thanks for the help - Starchild

Mindblade
Apr 16, 2001, 05:26 PM
It's a 3rd Evolution, so you donb't have to worry about it changing. Ribhavra(sp?) isn't practical for forces, because it requires DEX>POW>MIND. Unless you do something where they are all like 3 levels apart.

Mindblade,

Axeman
Apr 19, 2001, 09:54 AM
I have a question about raising MAGs. Any help appreciated.

I was thinking of starting a Force character to raise a new MAG. Let's say I raise it to lv 35, and give it to my Hunter. When the MAG reaches lv 50, will it evolve based on the Hunter rules or the Force rules?

Thanks very much.

Axeman
Apr 19, 2001, 11:02 AM
I apologize, I had not noticed this thread having 5 pages when I posted. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_smile.gif It sounds like the Mag will evolve to the person feeding it. However, a confirmation of this would still be appreciated -- I might be misinterpreting.

Mindblade
Apr 19, 2001, 05:30 PM
Yes, it will evolve on hunter rules. I don't know why you'd want to do this, because most force MAGs are so damn cool looking.

Axeman
Apr 19, 2001, 05:58 PM
Thanks for the information. Basically, I wanted to know this for the following reason. I have a pretty high level Hunter with lots of cash. It is hard to transfer things between my own characters. I wanted to transfer the MAG to my Hunter early because he has all of the cash. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_smile.gif

If it evolves based on who feeds it last, that works out better -- I can level it very high with the Hunter, and just give it to a new Force to make it evolve to the Force MAG.
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_smile.gif

Wakawaka
Apr 22, 2001, 07:22 AM
how come i have two mags im on level 25 wiht little magys

Orion
Apr 22, 2001, 08:03 AM
Mr.s Prof well just to help you im am almost positive that to use robochaos parts you need to have at least 2 stats highter then 70 I.E. oh and i think you have to be lv 200 on your mag

lv:200
IQ:200
synchro:200

DEF:65
POW:85
DEX:88
mind:0

Orion
Apr 22, 2001, 08:04 AM
oops i put a s lol

Mindblade
Apr 22, 2001, 10:26 AM
Orion: Thanks

Wakawaka: I don't understand your question, please state it more clearly.

Synch
Apr 27, 2001, 08:02 AM
Mag Prof, I'm looking to get a Soniti Mag, but do not know the requirements needed to make 1 (i.e: section id, mag cell, mag lv).

My section id is Oran.

Synch Lv95 FOnewm
[Dark_Arrow] Lv27 RAmar
DarkGuyver Lv25 HUcast

Mindblade
Apr 27, 2001, 08:41 AM
Sure. The requirements for a Soniti are as follows:

Lv. 100
Type A ID
MAG cell #502

So you would need to get someone with a type A ID to help you. Or, transfer it to your Yellowboze. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_razz.gif

Synch
Apr 27, 2001, 09:32 AM
On 2001-04-27 06:41, Mindblade wrote:
Sure. The requirements for a Soniti are as follows:

Lv. 100
Type A ID
MAG cell #502

So you would need to get someone with a type A ID to help you. Or, transfer it to your Yellowboze. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_razz.gif

Cool, thanks. My only other query is, doesn't it matter what the mags level consists of? i.e: Pow=30 Def=20 Dex=10 Mind=40. And will the mag only evolve if it's between Lv100-200?