PDA

View Full Version : Forces, know your role, and . . . .

kevlar_pso
Dec 5, 2003, 02:38 PM
Forces, know your role, and shut your mouth! To quote the Rock lol. Seriously tho, this is not meant to be a flaming post, to diss ppl who mainly use forces, or to just piss ppl off. What I am doin is callin to attention to amount of ppl who are indignant when Hunters/Rangers ask for some support. Namely some S/D, J/Z, Anti or Resta. However if pl are bein rude about it, by all means, play your hand as you see fit. But there have been a number of times where I have asked and been soundly denied.
Isn't the purpose of the Forces to provide support. Defined as a support class by the manuals/game itself? I know a group of forces can mow over the competition more readily than hunters can. I ain't disputin that. I'm just wonderin why there are som many grumpy forces out there.
By the way, this is not meant as a negative post just callin to question somethin I've found to be true from some forces.

Hikara
Dec 5, 2003, 02:42 PM
Uh, I mainly play a Support FOrce, so when somebody shouts "RESTA!!", my spell reaches across the way to help them...

YOu do have a point, though. FOrces are best at healing amoung the classes. WHen someone needs help, help them!!

kevlar_pso
Dec 5, 2003, 02:57 PM
Ya know, just to prove what a nice Hunter I am I usually carry some fluids on my Hucast so @the boss warp the resident force won't hafta go make a trip to town!

Kupi
Dec 5, 2003, 03:08 PM
S/D/J/Z is always my priority, but there are some times when I'll refuse to give it... like the one time when I telepiped up, and instantly a T-J equipped HUmar spammed an "S/D" symbol chat nonstop for at least fifteen seconds. It became obvious that I was not going to enjoy the time I spent in that party, so I just left. So, I agree that a Force ought to be using support techs (they're much more TP-efficient than straight damage techs), but I'd ask the HUs and RAs to trust the Force to get your S/D/J/Z up as soon as they can. Humans are not machines; we can't do everything the instant the thought crosses our minds.

ElizaBluefull
Dec 5, 2003, 03:19 PM
The nicest thing happened to me today on a Japanese ship, Aldebaran (spelling?). Like the HU who posted earlier said, he carries extra trifluids for FOs so that they don't have to go back and get more right before a boss or whatever. I carry Trimates and moons for the same reason. If you need them and you ever see me online during a game, feel free to ask and I'll drop to your heart's delight. (ps Sometimes I feed moons to my mag cause the synchro is abyssmal.) The people on the japanese ship gave me mats, fluids, and even meseta, all out of pure generosity. And the only way we could communicate was through word select. So I did my best to thank them by making sure they didn't die at all. And they didn't. I should go to JP ships more often.

kevlar_pso
Dec 5, 2003, 03:31 PM
Very cool. It's nice to see classes gettin along. Cause I see a lot of Force ppls bashing Hunters in their sigs :

How many FOs does it take to change a lightbulb?
Answer: One.
How many HUs does it take?
Answer: Three, plus one FO to cast S/D/J/Z so they can handle it.
My handle here is kevlar but my main char is The ROCK lev 145 humar GC.
NOT THE WRESTLER! I am named after the rock of gibraltar! You JABRONIS!! LOL

Ya gotta admit tho that that is a pretty funny one lol

Why can't we all just get along???

Well, just don't pi$$ me off lol

Hrith
Dec 5, 2003, 03:32 PM
You are totally right, Kevlar_pso. When I use one of my Forces I support all the time (except Zalure) and nobody asks me for support because I do before they ask http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

kevlar_pso
Dec 5, 2003, 03:47 PM
Ok, so where are all the Forces who are pi$$ed off @the PSO world? Defend yourself! lol (=^]

heyf00L
Dec 5, 2003, 04:08 PM
I'm often reluctant to ask for S/D when a Force forgets because sometimes they get pissed and refuse to do it. They always go off on this rant about how they can't S/D us right away and for goodness sake give them a second even tho we've been S/Dless for 2 rooms they just never noticed.
I know other people are the same because when I'm playing as my HUney and I don't notice that my S/D has burned off or someone died and I didn't remember to S/D them they just won't ever say anything and I'll realize some time later that no one has S/D. I don't get mad when someone asks for S/D. If anything I get mad at myself for not remembering.
I even had a Force get mad at me because I used an antiparalysis a split second before he casted Anti. He said it was insulting.
I've also had some jerk Forces. I was using my S-Rank twin with Berzerk (in Tower against the minibosses, not just randomly) and the Force said stop because he didn't want to Resta me. Well if he didn't Resta me I'd just use a mate, but anyway, what's it to him? He was a FOnewm over level 150 so I know he had over 2000 TP. Is it really that big of a deal? I told him it was his job to Resta, to which his responce was to leave the game. Maybe I sounded like a jerk, but telling me that he wouldn't Resta anymore pretty much meant he was useless anyway.

Zebulan7
Dec 5, 2003, 04:32 PM
I have a force but am sometimes forgetful. I try to remember to s/d people but forget sometimes. I don't like to j/z enemies because you have to do it every room. I usually save it for the bosses.

Another problem I have is that my s/d level is low. It last for a very short time and there is no substantial boost. I have to continually s/d people which ends in me paying money.

I resta people when they need it but it seems that most humans resta themselves. My anti can't cure much either. All I can cure is poison, no paralysis.
I get a bit frustrated when I cast resta a split second after another. I just say "lol" and march on.

Some people kindly ask why I'm melleen' and I respond no TP.

Forces need TP, which is hard to keep up. I can only use seven RAfoies before I've reached eleven TP. Hopefully this will inprove over time, but the higher my level the higher the techs level.

I have met nice robots who share fluids they don't need. One time I accidently used a trifluid instead of GIfoie when almost all of my TP was filled. A robot kindly gave me a tri to replace the one I lost.

FOrces can get cranky times, though. Especially at each other http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Uncle_bob
Dec 5, 2003, 04:51 PM
Battle Support.
Enough said.

Brand1503
Dec 5, 2003, 05:05 PM
I have a humar but no internet so im not really used to having ppl heal me and so when i play with my sis she may or may not get mad at me when i heal my self. I dont really think id ever get used to some one healling me for me.i really wish i could go on the internet and play with u guys.

Kupi
Dec 5, 2003, 05:06 PM
In response to what heyf00l said, I'll admit that I've sometimes forgotton to cast support techs because I'll be raising a new character and not need to use them for a while... in those situations, I'm fine with being reminded because it's my mistake.

ElizaBluefull
Dec 5, 2003, 05:34 PM
When I forget to S/D, yeah, I do sorta get ticked at myself because my job is to keep the team strong, alive, and kickin' it. J/Z is annoying for me because I like to tech spam a lot in rooms and since I don't put S/D/J/Z in my six button zones it can be a nuisance. But when people ask me for j/z or they look like they're struggling with monsters and they need it, it's no problem for me to do, especially with a Psycho Wand. XD

And yes, being with a lot of FOs can be confusing cause you S/D at the same time as them and the like. There have been times when one FO did S and I did D so we didn't waste TP. But it's funny to have a room fill up with so much Rafoie that you can't even see what's going on.

The only concern I have is when people ask me not to use Megid. If they've tagged everything, it makes things a lot easier for me, especially with Sinow Zoa's and Morfos's. But most of the time I won't use it if people are nice about it when they tell me not to. Maybe I like shooting purple death balls too much when it works a lot in rapid succession.

MelancholyWitch
Dec 5, 2003, 06:02 PM
Yeah i use a force but forces dint have to heal or s/d j/f some ppl do if there nice others just dont like beind used as only a support. My freind has a lvl 130 force he is complete melee he only attacks harldy supports. Cuase he just prefers attacking in sted of just being called a support.

RaikoStormX
Dec 5, 2003, 06:52 PM
ya, my main guy is a force, but supportin is easy. Since i am a melee force, i have a good supply of TP, which i am always willing to use support like resta and anti, i dont really use s/d & z/j, but i am willing to use it if the person needs it.

LordMe
Dec 5, 2003, 06:55 PM
i have a FOnewm...and when i get online i will heal if they need it and i will cast anti!!!but i'm not a melee FOnewm!!!

ladyjaderiver
Dec 5, 2003, 07:02 PM
I always play support (regardless of class), unless I'm playing as one of my androids (even then, I use Star Atomizers to heal my teammates). My sister refers to me when I play as my FOnewearl as "Shield of Demi", which she says "Casts Resta, Anti, Shifta, Deband, Jellen, Zalure, and keeps enemies out of your face while you kill them". Well, with 1020+ evasion, I just kinda do keep enemies out of her face, because I block almost everything until Ulty Mines/Ruins.

GuardianPoe
Dec 5, 2003, 08:33 PM
I'd had a little problem with some forces here and there lately... quite frankly, it's rather bothersome to try to work up my new HUcaseal online when some overpowered Force decimates everything in the room before I've even gotten to tap it with my freakin' Slicer.

I try to be more courteous myself when I'm using my FOnewearl, Incra. I'll make sure I tap the enemies, but I don't go on some spastic Razonde rage until everything in the room is dead unless at the very least I'm sure whoever I'm working with has done a bit themselves. Hell, half the time I'll just shock the enemies and then heal up for a bit. I am a bit forgetful on the Shifta/Deband though... I'm getting better about remembering, really!

Ironically, it all boils down to why I feel my HUnewearl is the easiest to use. I move in Gizonde my enemies, and then get to work on whoever I want to. The Forces can do whatever they fancy at that point.

Nai_Calus
Dec 5, 2003, 09:13 PM
I've got some gripes of my own. >P

Hey. You. Yeah. You know, the one running off to go start killing things the instant you pipe down, before I even get there. You get to fucking wait for your S/D. I don't shortcut it, there are more useful things to shortcut, and while it's sorted to the bottom of the R+Y menu, it still takes a few seconds for me to get to it. No, I won't just chase you all down and S/D you while we're in the room, I've got J/Z to worrry about so I at least get -some- exp. If it wears off and I'm:
a: A mile away from you because you've run off
b: Busy trying not to die
c: Dead because you're a really lousy meatshield
d: Etc,
don't get pissy at me. I'll put it back on as soon as I can.
If you die because you've done something stupid like, say, run off as a HU in, say, ET, don't expect me to put -my- life on the line and chase you down to Reverser/Moon you. I'll revive you -after- the Del Lily is dead/frozen because the RAs finally got it together. L30 Megid up your robes is a bad way to end a day. Then again, if it's a Mericarol-type, you just might get help. I'm a psychopath and I run up to that shit and start zapping it with Gizonde so it can't bleeding move.
I'm a fucking FOmar. My L30 Resta has the range of a bleeding HUmar's L15, damned near. I don't have a Resta merge. You run off across the room, you don't get Resta. I'm sick to death of chasing you people down so I can heal you. If you're a bit out of my range but still reasonably close, that's fine, I'll come help you, but if we're in a long room and you're at the other end opening boxes and an Indi Belra shoves it's arm up your arse, screw you. You've got mates/your own damn Resta, heal yourself for once.
Hey, I do have an Anti Merge now. I can actually take off your status effects without having to be next to you now, but do meet me halfway and at least come running or something when you need help? >_>;
Don't bloody kill it before I J/Z it. I'm keeping you from getting yourself smeared, and bringing you back when you do get smeared. Let me tag it before it dies, k?
Don't take fluids. You can buy your own. I burn Trifluids like water. It's rather expensive. I don't take mates, and Difluids are open season as far as I'm concerned because I always have 10 on me because I save them for emergencies, but Trifluids? You know how much they cost, so do I, love me and let me have it. >_<;
Be nice to your FO, and they'll be nice to you. I don't mind you asking for S/D, or any other tech(And if you have to ask for Resta/Anti when you're not off somewhere, I'm sorry.), But at least give me time to actually use it before you ask.

...Yeah.

Doomed2k
Dec 5, 2003, 09:39 PM
Not to be mean but, some people need to learn how to support theirselves before yelling for shifta and deband. If your not an android, you have some kind of TP and MST, learn resta, even if can only cast it a few times, it gives other people a break, esp the Force, yet lets you heal just fine. I can understand for androids that their mates are the only thing keeping them up so the forces should go a little easier on them.

ElizaBluefull
Dec 5, 2003, 10:17 PM
Yes, I usually try to stay out of the caves because of those darned megid flowers. But when one megids my teammates, I agree with the previous poster that said wait until the lilies are dead. Every time I have to run over and bring someone back, I usually get a purple ball of fun right up my dress. And then more often than not the only FO of the party is down. So if someone does get megid from a lily, wait till I'm done freezing it to death and then I'll bring you back if someone else hasn't already. But most of the time, with the teams I'm with they usually kill the lilies in the caves before they even have a chance to fire off. As for Mericarols, Mericuses, and Del Lilies, well, that's different. It's harder to get in there and bring you back, as reverser is too slow and I get killed right as I cast it. Moons are then used for those cases. I stay far away from those flowers due to how easily I die from their attacks. And I usually grants them after I j/z them (yep, usually I don't jz unless asked, but these I'll do it to because they really annoy me and the sooner they die the better).

KaFKa
Dec 5, 2003, 11:45 PM
...meh, from my experiences, most FOs now are arrogant assholes that will only s/d you once a stage and expect you to somehow "make it last"

i was in an ult forest game with my HUnney once, (i was bored and jumped into a game) and the force stopped using resta, s/d/j/z. i hadnt even said a word, just Poof, no more support (which was kinda idiotic anyways, seeing as the FO was a marl) I asked why he wasnt using support and his answer was "help yourself, you're a HUnwrl anyways, use ur hacked stuff to help yourself" i was quite shocked, seeing that i walked in with a pair of combats, not my lavis blades, or even my TJ. when asked again i got spammed by a stupid little symbol chat and he left. im not sure, but i think that most FO's are stuck-up and whiny. so bleh, level 20 techs are good enough until i can get back online...

JohanCC
Dec 5, 2003, 11:59 PM
...most of the FO's I've encountered have acually been pretty nice. Constant Shifta and Deband, but usually on Jellen, no Zalure. However, most of them all have max stats and lvl30 techs, no matter what level they are. I've never asked for S/D/J/Z, I use antiparalisis rather then make them anti me, and resta myself. With my HUmar, I've found myself having to act like a FO and constantly use my weak resta and anti (espically in ult mines) the whole team (except when a FO is near).

With my FOmar, I always use S/D, resta, and anti on the team before they have a chance to ask. (my FOmar is pretty sucky, so I make up for it by lots of support). I have rarely had problems with people whining or begging, then again, I don't use my FOmar a lot either.

Robbie088
Dec 6, 2003, 12:36 AM
Well my main character is a Fonwearl, and I must say I've run into both kinds of non-forces (The kind that are nice, and the kind that are jerks). I usually try to make it clar when I enter a room that I'm there for support and for a little exp, because I use one of my chat shortcuts as "Don't worry! Leave the healing to me!". But then once I get down using their pipes, it just irritates me sometimes because my Fonwearl doesn't have great range on her S/D like she does on Resta and Anti, and the people will sometimes scream at me because they wandered off and apparently I was supposed to follow that one person so that I could S/D them. I mean, I would have gone off anyway because I like to make sure people get their S/D, but they don't have to get so testy.

And then again, I love playing with the nice people. Sure I forget sometimes to S/D, but they don't scream or anything, and I do admit that FO's aren't there to melee, but are there for support and spell-csting. That's why I like using psycho wand b/c it saves my TP for support. But seriously, I'm sick of especially Humars online yelling at me to S/D them when I'm just at level 30 legit, because at that time I'm not that good, and they're using a MUCH easier character to raise legitly. Do they ever read on the character creation screen how it's harder to raise a FO? (Apparently not) Anywho, that's my side, and I would also like to say that yes there are a lot of FO jerks, but there are just a lot of jerks period out there, so please don't base your opinion of FO's on just a few people.

GuerillaPimp
Dec 6, 2003, 06:01 AM
i solo with my chars, so im not really dependant on a FO. Besides, any intelligent melee char will raise their mag with Mylla & Youlla..duh!!

Kento
Dec 6, 2003, 08:13 AM
I'm a FOrce and I've got no problem at all healing my team members..It's tru forces are for support but they can be also killing machines.. don't forget that! ^__^;

Besides.. in PSO youa re supposed to help your team go through..eveeryone help each other. I don't get why FO moan when someone shouts Resta.. dammit get your @$$ there!

rena-ko
Dec 6, 2003, 09:45 AM
FOrce by heart.

casting support is a reflex for me.
there is usually no need to ask me for anything. what should my fomarl do else, anyway? cancel out the others with her crappy physical attacks?

i run with the main group, i decide who the main group is. people who go solo, advance too far or stay behind have to care for themselfes.

Hrith
Dec 6, 2003, 11:11 AM
On 2003-12-05 13:08, heyf00L wrote :
I even had a Force get mad at me because I used an antiparalysis a split second before he casted Anti. He said it was insulting.
That was probably me XD I also sometimes rant when HU/RA use Resta/Mates >_<
Well, I'm only joking http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif but people don't understand that if they take the support job I have nothing left to do and get easily bored.

kevlar_pso
Dec 6, 2003, 12:02 PM
[quote]If you die because you've done something stupid like, say, run off as a HU in, say, ET, don't expect me to put -my- life on the line and chase you down to Reverser/Moon you. I'll revive you -after- the Del Lily is dead/frozen because the RAs finally got it together. L30 Megid up your robes is a bad way to end a day. Then again, if it's a Mericarol-type, you just might get help.
[quote]So if someone does get megid from a lily, wait till I'm done freezing it to death and then I'll bring you back if someone else hasn't already. But most of the time, with the teams I'm with they usually kill the lilies in the caves before they even have a chance to fire off. As for Mericarols, Mericuses, and Del Lilies, well, that's different. It's harder to get in there and bring you back, as reverser is too slow and I get killed right as I cast it. Moons are then used for those cases. I stay far away from those flowers due to how easily I die from their attacks. And I usually grants them after I j/z them (yep, usually I don't jz unless asked, but these I'll do it to because they really annoy me and the sooner they die the better).

I agree there. Personally as an android, I usually run up to the plants in Ult Caves and take them down.
#1 Cause if they get off their cast of paralasis, I'm the one he targets. Seein as how this doesn't affect me, makes it only logical.
#2 If they are attackin w/the physical attack, they ain't spittin megid.
Now in the Tower quests as an Android, I nominate myself as the sacrifical lamb to run up while I had hit the Y button so I don't slow down, drop a freeze trap, and if I die I die. Just like the Keymaker in The Matrix movies, that was my purpose. Now I won't be permanantly dead lol but if I can get mooned (lol) I would like to get some of those hundreds of exp from killin 'em on Ult Tower quests.

JLX
Dec 6, 2003, 12:48 PM
Well I don't know where everyones been, or where I have (or haven't), but I've never met any uptight arrogant Forces (Although my main char being a Fomar may have a tiny bit to do with this...), and only a few people screaming for S/D..

(3 to be precise, 1 was a humar on Dark Falz who started calling me a noob when I offloaded a PB to get the Shifta he so badly wanted, despite his 2000+ damage a hit with 300% bkb..although we all took a big grin of satisfaction when he died in the middle of calling all of us 'noobs'...his excuse being "I couldnt resta because I got a photon blast". That made my day...the 2nd was a Racast, who DC'd anyway, and the 3rd of all people was a Hunewearal the opposite side of caves 1 to the rest of the team...)

...anywho, back on track...personally, after having to make it through life with a Humar, getting to use S/D freely was a godsend, so I have become used to using it at every given oppertunity. Like a fair few people here, my philosophy is that if you dont give em' a chance, they wont complain...
If someone joins a game, I let em pipe in, and S/D the second they materialise. If im low on TP, I S/D the party, even if there old load is still running before I use a tri to get everything back...

And to finish, I was going to say something of the ilk, 'Everyone has to understand that just because we have the power doesn't mean that we can use it just like that', but I would not only be repeating what pretty much every other Force player in this thread has being saying, but I would probably argue with myself, claiming that '...technically, forces can use their 'powers', just like that'...but that would just be stupid...

...http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

navci
Dec 6, 2003, 04:35 PM
On 2003-12-05 20:45, KaFKa wrote:
...meh, from my experiences, most FOs now are arrogant assholes that will only s/d you once a stage and expect you to somehow "make it last"

You need to play with ME =D
As a FOnewm (even worse than you, Ian!) my support techs are all limited to ... well unless you are standing right by me you won't get anything. But I do try my best to keep you S/D at all times. (unless I am playing with another FO, then I resta less frequently) In my usual team, everyone who can use resta would resta immediately if there is any damage, so for a moment you will see green words and resta sparkles flying everywhere. Then we laugh about it. =} Hm, I lost my point. ... I do try my best to do my support as best as I can. But I am only human, sometimes I do forget, and you can kindly remind me and I will get on it right away. I do expect you to try to get yourself out of paralysize and shock yourself, if you do run out of Sol, run to my side and I will know to anti you immediately. I mean, I must keep myself alive to be useful to be support, no? =D

My second character is a HUcast. He carries 10 difluids with him at all times and will carry any extra things should you need them. He uses bot heal (stars) in boss fights. He carry with him a Gush weapon so he can refill his HP bar when needed. Well, if he died because he is surrounded, it isn't really because he is waiting for your resta... =}

..... Yay for half awake posts.
.. Yes. Hm. Don't put unreasonable expectation on others. While this is a team game, you do have to take care of yourself in reasonable ways. =D