PDA

View Full Version : Japanese ships: are they better?

ElizaBluefull
Dec 5, 2003, 03:28 PM
I had some questions, as I just went on a few japanese ships today, and hadn't before. While I couldn't really communicate well with them except via word select, I probably had the best time there. In general, are japanese ships more fun to go to? There are lots more people, and some of my US friends go on them. That's what made me curious. But I like them. Also, are there any differences in quest selection or the like? The thing is, I've only actually been online for two weeks now despite my level (131 when I first logged in) and I'm still trying to figure out where I want to go for regular spots (Except for vega cause of FSOD mania that goes on there). I like US Altair if I stay in the US server. And one final thing: are there any Japanese ships I should avoid going to? Thanks for the help.

Bill
Dec 5, 2003, 05:17 PM
JP ships are way better, You never get FSOD there. And theres no where to avoid there. its all fun.

philip
Dec 5, 2003, 05:19 PM
But it will be hard to talk with them right?

Bill
Dec 5, 2003, 05:24 PM
On 2003-12-05 14:19, philip wrote:
But it will be hard to talk with them right?

Naw when they talk they mostly use word select. But when you first join a Jp game go to word select and tell them you live in U.S.A. or UK or wherever

ElizaBluefull
Dec 5, 2003, 05:25 PM
It will be limited but you can still sorta communicate with them using your word select feature. Press Y and it'll bring up your software keyboard. Hit X a few times and the word select pops up. Then you will be able to talk to them, as word select auto-translates for whatever language. But that's the only thing that will. Unless you know Japanese or have a japanese keyboard, that is (which I possess neither). Hope that helps, philip, and it'll be good to have you online whenever you get there. And when you do get there, stay out of US/Vega (if no one has told you by now).

Riu_000
Dec 5, 2003, 05:27 PM
On 2003-12-05 14:17, Bill wrote:
JP ships are way better, You never get FSOD there. And theres no where to avoid there. its all fun.

Bullshit, you DO get FSOD there, the JP ships are where my previous corruption took place. In a EP2 game.

Bill
Dec 5, 2003, 05:31 PM
On 2003-12-05 14:27, Riu_000 wrote:

On 2003-12-05 14:17, Bill wrote:

Bullshit, you DO get FSOD there, the JP ships are where my previous corruption took place. In a EP2 game.

Well Soooorrryy!! Ive never been FSOD there so i said that you could have just corrected me without the act of anger. (im talking about you swearing. It Highly offended me)

philip
Dec 5, 2003, 05:32 PM
Okey. I will get on to chrismas like its sad in my sign ^_^

And yes someone told me to stay out from that ship.

_Sinue_
Dec 5, 2003, 05:55 PM
Generally, yeah, the Japaneese ships are a much better place to play PSO if you don't mind overcomming the language barrier. Just try to respect how they play.. like, don't hog items, don't run ahead of the group, don't make a lot of demands, and don't cheat. I've played a few JP games when another US player joins, and I can see why many Japaneese players don't really care for us.

Crystal_Shard
Dec 6, 2003, 02:45 AM
Until I just got PSO Plus, I couldn't even get onto
the US servers... :P So yeah, all my online exp has
been on the JP side.

The Japanese are nice to play with, generally speaking,
they fight well, help you out, and they don't rush
for items. But the language barrier can be quite
daunting.

For example, I once played an unlocked game and a
player joined me. After attempting to communicate
we kind of gave up and concentrated on fighting.
During that same game, another two or three players
joined the game and started chatting amongst each
other.

Boy that wasn't a good feeling. ^_^

But I have to warn you, some of them are a**holes. In
another game, two red boxes dropped and I was close
enough to get them both. But in the interest of fair
play, I waited until all the enemies were killed
and for the other guy to pick up at least one of the
rares.

The f**ker took both of them. And didn't even offer one to me. I only found out after I went offline and
checked my inventory.

And the one I had been about to get was a DB's Shield.

trypticon
Dec 6, 2003, 02:56 AM
At all costs, avoid Mintaka. It is a place of rampant corruption.

The Japanese ships have a big problem with corruptiong, as a matter of experience. But the players there do take their games seriously. Alcyone 6 is the only place to go if you want to play and complete challenge with good times, and good players, just don't be surprised if the Japanese players shun you because of your English language setting.

If Sonin still plays the challenge games on Alcyone 6, stick with her, she's a great player.

tgif2000
Dec 6, 2003, 04:01 AM
japanese players are a thousnad times better than unpolite us players.. jp players wait for each other, they NEVER run from a red box, they always try to help u...
and btw i played tons of hours on mintaka.... so there is no rampant corruption on this or whatever, and this is the ship which is full most of the time..
so go to mintaka and enjoy a real "fair" game!
you 'll never come back to US servers then...

polishedweasel
Dec 6, 2003, 04:05 AM
No. I lag like a demon. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif