PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon Sapphire help

CGoodness
Dec 5, 2003, 07:03 PM
First of all, anyone coming into this thread thinking like "Oh this kids dumb cuz he still likes pokemon" please dont post

ok so after about 30 hours, ive finally beaten the elite four.

now i made my way up the sky pillar to Rayquaza. I want to catch him, but I want to save my master ball for when i finally run into latias. can someone give me a good strategy on how to catch rayquaza without a master ball, or just share how you did it?

thanks

Toruxxx
Dec 5, 2003, 07:21 PM
lol u need luck lol i didnt have a masterball at that point as forgot to get it lol stupid me (smacks head) but jus try putting him to sleep and get his hp down but jus watch out u dun take it down that much lol then try catching him good luck lol.

CGoodness
Dec 5, 2003, 08:14 PM
On 2003-12-05 16:21, Toruxxx wrote:
lol u need luck lol i didnt have a masterball at that point as forgot to get it lol stupid me (smacks head) but jus try putting him to sleep and get his hp down but jus watch out u dun take it down that much lol then try catching him good luck lol.

lol i tried that i got him down to about 2 hp (micro scopic amount left) and he was frozen sold and kept breaking out of thje ball before it started doing the tap to the sides thing

Reenee
Dec 5, 2003, 08:47 PM
Put it to sleep. And you can even use a Level 24 Skitty for that. After that, throw balls like mad. Timer Balls might be your best bet.

And when you get up to Latias, I strongly suggest you raise your Wynaut into a Level 30 Wobbuffet. WOB-BUFFET! >..< Drain the PP from its moves and it'll knock Latias safely into the red.

Raneth
Dec 6, 2003, 07:13 PM
Rayquaza es me off. Your best bet, inks, is affecting his stats somehow (Doesn't matter how, paralysis will do the same for his catchability as sleep will), knocking down his health, throwing Ultras for a while, and if that doesn't work, then Timers. Go into the fight with loads of balls. And save before you fight him, obviously.

CGoodness
Dec 7, 2003, 10:05 AM
Can you buy timer balls? I used my only one to catch registeel

Reenee
Dec 7, 2003, 10:56 AM
Yes, you can. If they can't be purchased anywhere, then Rustboro is the only place to get them. That's the only city with some of the unique balls not found elsewhere.

Callie
Dec 7, 2003, 06:36 PM
Great ball

CGoodness
Dec 7, 2003, 07:08 PM
Why would I use a great ball instead of an ultra ball?

Robo47
Dec 7, 2003, 07:20 PM
because the ultra ball sucks

back on blue version ultra ball never hit Articuno when I went after it, and greatball always hit.

Reenee
Dec 7, 2003, 08:42 PM
True. Ultra Ball isn't good for legendaries. Timer Ball can be even better as the chances to capture a PKMN increases every turn.

Monomate
Dec 7, 2003, 09:17 PM
spend about 4 hours a night for two nights (that's how long it took me...)...you should have him by then...and just as a side note, burning him does not help very much (again personal experience)

i would beat the living hell outta him and put him to sleep.

RavenTW
Dec 7, 2003, 09:25 PM
Rayquaza has one attack, that after constant use, will make him confused. Lower him as much as possible with a good level Pokemon to take him (my Blaziken, even with power-leveling all game, has been known to die to him), and keep throwing your Ultras. After running out of Ultras, go with the Timers.

I got lucky, right after he confused himself, I got him with an Ultra. Very first night too. Now if I can get my Sableye fast enough to use Mean Look on Latias...

FeVer
Dec 8, 2003, 05:37 PM
Heh... just make sure you save first, beat him to within an inch of his life, put him to sleep, try ultras, when you run out of ultras,or if he wakes up put his back to sleep, then use timers... you usually get a good three to four turns while enemy's are asleep.

Tha attack is like called berserk, and it runs for three turns before it confuses him. I had him in my other game, but then it got deleted, I'm just now getting back to the elite four... can't beat the ghost lady... gonna get my goot pokemon back from my friend, and then just own on her...

Happy hunting!

CGoodness
Dec 8, 2003, 09:41 PM
I tried again.... Hes one cheap dude. I got him down to a microscopic amount of hp with my kyogre and he was frozen sold. He still broke out of the ball before it even started tapping from side to side! geez.. gonna keep trying though. Savin my master ball for latias

FeVer
Dec 8, 2003, 10:49 PM
What's your pokeball method? tapping what from side to side...I just hold down the button... its always worked for me...whatever...enjoy the rayquaza! timerballs will work best... just sit there and but time by putting him to sleep... then a time ball can work like amaster ball after a good 20 turns...