PDA

View Full Version : leaving PSOX for PSOGC

Toruxxx
Dec 5, 2003, 07:06 PM
im leaving PSOX for PSOGC. The reason im doing this is because EP3 is coming out, well it is already out in Japan but will be out soon hopefully for GC in EUR and i would rather pay for ep1&2 and 3 all the same so i dun have to pay 2 HL. It also seems that way more ppl play the GC version. i dun really care about the voice chat on xbox anyway i prefer keyboard for pso reminds me of the DC days. Anyway is there anything that i should becareful off and should i get a official GC memory card as i heard that others corrupt quite often. I wil be on the GC pso quite soon hopefully just got to get BBA ^_^ so i will see all u GC players real soon (hopefully)

LordMe
Dec 5, 2003, 07:09 PM
well hope ya have fun

DarkSoldier
Dec 5, 2003, 10:54 PM
say bye to XBOX and say hello to Gamecube Version of PSO.

Squeege
Dec 5, 2003, 10:58 PM
Oh yeah! gamecube>x-box
(no offense to the people who play x-box)

trunkszero
Dec 5, 2003, 11:05 PM
gc pso>dc pso>pc pso>xbox pso

no offense just my opinions

welcome to pso cube style, watch out for jerks

A2K
Dec 5, 2003, 11:06 PM
This has to be the most entertaining thread I've read in awhile. Keep the "opinions" coming, guys. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

anwserman
Dec 5, 2003, 11:23 PM
On 2003-12-05 20:05, trunkszero wrote:

Actually, it is more like

X-Box PSO > GC PSO > DC PSO > PC PSO.

Why, in the terms of worst to greatest.

4) PC-PSO: The characters we client-side, which meant bucketloads of hacked characters and items. Cleint-side on the PC, which meant the save files were the easiest in the world to duplicate and edit. Worst then the X-Box/DC/GC versions from what I've heard hacking wise, plus people complaining about stability issues.

3) DC-PSO: Still clientside (like the rest of the candidates) but since it was on a console, hacking was less rampant, but duping took place, along with NOLing, PKing, FSODing, etc. etc... need I say more? Greatest amount of people who actually played PSO back in its golden days.

2) GC-PSO: Most of the problems that originated in the DC version of PSO have been fixed, but new ones have come up... Double Save, which equates to millions of characters deleted and memory cards corrupted. Max-Stat, which means your Lv.1 chars are equal to Lv.200 chars. Multi-Equip, with 20 J-Swords on equals massive damage. And duping. Easy duping. Massive duping. But you get the quests earlier, and unlike X-Box (which is currently unconfirmed but most likely true), GC only gets Episode 3.

1) X-PSO: Problems that originated within DC-PSO have been fixed, and the problems that once existed in this version and the GC version have been fixed - if you play online. No more duping (without the use of external devices), no more multi-equip, no more max-stats, and NO DOUBLESAVE. I have yet to meet a person online who has been corrupted. Voice chat is a plus, you don't have to type in every friggin word if you want to talk - real discussions can exist. Hacked items do exist unfortunately, but this also does apply to the GC and DC versions, but is actually less common due to the fact that duping is harder to do on the 'Box. Quests come out slower then GC, but the 6 month difference is more then likely the reason behind that.

I tried to take an unbiased opinion of all of them. If you contest my thoughts, please make it an intelligent contest.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: anwserman on 2003-12-05 20:24 ]</font>

JohanCC
Dec 5, 2003, 11:32 PM
gc pso=xbox pso>dc pso>pc pso

GC gets quests sooner, more populated, no hacking, but has shop dupe trick and corruption. XBOX gets patches and voice chat, but XBOX Live is required for offline, hacked unrealsed items, and is moddable.

In Johan's view: even.

I try to be unbiast, but I only have GC version so I haven't expirenced XBOX ver.

Oh, and don't let this thread start a fanboy war <_< >_>.

anwserman
Dec 5, 2003, 11:37 PM
You probably are right Johan, though I do owe PSO-GC and I play PSO-X online (though I didn't play GC online) but I probably would have quit PSO by now if it wasn't for voice chat... typing gets so aggrivating! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

But yeah, I don't know. PSO-GC has more people then PSO-X, but at the same time PSO-GC has the inherit risk of losing your character. It does even out, both games have their plusses and minuses.

Oh, people do say that you need X-Box live in order to play PSO-X. Yeah, you also need to buy a broadband adapter or a modem to play PSO-GC online, so what's the difference? There isn't really... the seem to forget that X-Box live is really nifty, as you can remember friends and such and play other games with them then PSO, such as Rainbow 6 and stuff.... I guess they forget to mention that in their quest to make PSO-GC better the PSO-X... as they really, are as you did remind me, equal.

A2K
Dec 6, 2003, 12:02 AM
Correction. The Xbox version is receiving quests faster than the Gamecube version, although just going by the numbers themselves Gamecube has more total at the moment.

The Japanese Xbox servers just received Labyrinthine Trial for chrissake!

Outrider
Dec 6, 2003, 02:01 AM
I'd just like to point out that Episode III is almost definitely going to come out on X-Box.

I'd say X-Box is probably better than GC because of voice chat, but I've never played or even seen X-Box PSO. (In fact, I know exactly three people who have PSO around me.) So I don't know how people use the voice chat... because that can definitely stink if people are just jerks. To be fair, though... GC does have more quests, and seems to get updated more often.

Uh, basically... I don't have an X-Box, and there's no way I'm gonna buy one just for PSO, especially since I'm quite content with my HUmar on the 'Cube.

Heh. Either system is fine. That's pretty much it.

haruna
Dec 6, 2003, 03:48 PM
The Game Cube is moddable too.

I'm on PSOX because I have friends there, pure and simple. Having wrist problems, I now consider voice chat a god-send. I stick to Benetoit, Celestite and Davburite so my ear drums are in tact too.

Ness
Dec 6, 2003, 05:05 PM
DD PSO was the best one.

Denny
Dec 6, 2003, 06:06 PM
I'm taking a break from PSO in order to go use the toilet. I justed wanted to let you guys know.

There is no need for topics like this...especially when this forum doesn't have much in the way of PSOX users.

Dingo
Dec 6, 2003, 06:21 PM
no offense...it is impossible to place pso pc over pso xbox...voice chat DOES really make a difference

jerrelle
Dec 7, 2003, 11:49 AM
this forum does have its share of xbox users, just alot don't want to voice their opinion for fear of fan boys.

the topic starter says hes' leaving and that's all, now all of a sudden people come out of the wood works and start with their opinion of which system is better. which i have no problem with, but that not what the topic of this thread was.

your opinion is just that, YOURS! congratulate topic starter or jeer him, but stay on topic and not bash systems!

FOnewearl0
Dec 7, 2003, 12:13 PM
Between all the diff systems to play PSO..
Gamecube-Wireless controller capabilities and more people.
PC?-Is it on PC? Well, i think it is.. if it is, comp can lag, and people can say weird stuff on speakers.
DC-Really old, not as many people, glitchy servers.
Xbox-Its ok, like Gamecube, but the controller is really clunky and less people play.

Just my opinion. And again, has the keyboard come out for GC?

Toruxxx
Dec 7, 2003, 02:02 PM
im not sure if theres a official keyboard out but i do know u can get 3rd party keyboard's.

o yea im sorry if i started aanother consule war for posting this thread i only wanted to know what stuff i should becareful off on the gc version.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Toruxxx on 2003-12-07 11:04 ]</font>

Denny
Dec 7, 2003, 04:51 PM
On 2003-12-07 08:49, jerrelle wrote:
this forum does have its share of xbox users, just alot don't want to voice their opinion for fear of fan boys.

the topic starter says hes' leaving and that's all, now all of a sudden people come out of the wood works and start with their opinion of which system is better. which i have no problem with, but that not what the topic of this thread was.

Exactly, and that is why I wish topics like this wouldn't even be started. They damn near always turn into a damn Gamecube circle jerk fest. It's a damn shame when the Xbox PSO users don't want to post due to the fanboyish actions of others.

jerrelle
Dec 7, 2003, 05:23 PM
well toroxxx, if you wanted to know what to watch out for just ask. it would be alot easier than weaving through all the "gc better than xbox" spam that pops up.

here, i'll help you out. you can copy and paste if you'd like.

"hey, i'm getting pso gc. is there anything that i should be on the look out for?"

now that statement would not start a "gc circle jerk" (that's funny) but it's simple and get's to the point without bashing or a hint of bashing another system.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: jerrelle on 2003-12-07 14:24 ]</font>

Kanore
Dec 7, 2003, 05:32 PM
On 2003-12-05 20:23, anwserman wrote:

On 2003-12-05 20:05, trunkszero wrote:

Actually, it is more like

X-Box PSO > GC PSO > DC PSO > PC PSO.

Why, in the terms of worst to greatest.

4) PC-PSO: The characters we client-side, which meant bucketloads of hacked characters and items. Cleint-side on the PC, which meant the save files were the easiest in the world to duplicate and edit. Worst then the X-Box/DC/GC versions from what I've heard hacking wise, plus people complaining about stability issues.

3) DC-PSO: Still clientside (like the rest of the candidates) but since it was on a console, hacking was less rampant, but duping took place, along with NOLing, PKing, FSODing, etc. etc... need I say more? Greatest amount of people who actually played PSO back in its golden days.

2) GC-PSO: Most of the problems that originated in the DC version of PSO have been fixed, but new ones have come up... Double Save, which equates to millions of characters deleted and memory cards corrupted. Max-Stat, which means your Lv.1 chars are equal to Lv.200 chars. Multi-Equip, with 20 J-Swords on equals massive damage. And duping. Easy duping. Massive duping. But you get the quests earlier, and unlike X-Box (which is currently unconfirmed but most likely true), GC only gets Episode 3.

1) X-PSO: Problems that originated within DC-PSO have been fixed, and the problems that once existed in this version and the GC version have been fixed - if you play online. No more duping (without the use of external devices), no more multi-equip, no more max-stats, and NO DOUBLESAVE. I have yet to meet a person online who has been corrupted. Voice chat is a plus, you don't have to type in every friggin word if you want to talk - real discussions can exist. Hacked items do exist unfortunately, but this also does apply to the GC and DC versions, but is actually less common due to the fact that duping is harder to do on the 'Box. Quests come out slower then GC, but the 6 month difference is more then likely the reason behind that.

I tried to take an unbiased opinion of all of them. If you contest my thoughts, please make it an intelligent contest.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: anwserman on 2003-12-05 20:24 ]</font>

You want intelligence? Ok, you got it.

4: I've seen pics. It's dead.

3: No more online, no contest.

2: Um, it's been confirmed many times that you can dupe on X-Box as well, and the situation on Gamecube has just gotten up to how X-Box was at the start. They're both the same.

1: There is duping. You might not be able to multi-equip, but does it matter? Look at all the fools running around with weapons not even released. Well, thats how it is a bit on GC, but still. You people on the X have more haxx0red weapons then we do on GC. Doublesave has been taken away on GC, so your comment on NO DOUBLESAVE is invalid. Voice chat=real discussions? Um... sure... we have that too on GC, only we have to type. What's so bad about typing? Too lazy to type? Thought so. Less common to dupe on the X? *cough*yeahright*cough*

Kthxbye

-Kanore

Denny
Dec 7, 2003, 06:25 PM
Chibbi,

Both versions have flaws, so how about you guys just stop with the "our version is not as bad as yours" stuff?

On Xbox you do need to have some sort of modchip or Action Replay to dupe items though. On Gamecube can't you just do that shop trick glitch that Sonic Team can't fix for one reason or another? In that area the Xbox version comes out on top, but what does it matter?

Some people act as if it is not possible to enjoy both versions for what they are.

Jerrelle,

Your topic title would have worked out a lot better. However, I still have a feeling that a GC versus Xbox PSO thing would have started. I just don't understand why people have to start that GC vs Xbox PSO garbage.

Toruxx,

You didn't bash either system and my comments are not directed at you. I'm just tired of all the GC vs Xbox stuff.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Denny on 2003-12-07 15:34 ]</font>

Toruxxx
Dec 7, 2003, 06:25 PM
On 2003-12-07 14:23, jerrelle wrote:
well toroxxx, if you wanted to know what to watch out for just ask. it would be alot easier than weaving through all the "gc better than xbox" spam that pops up.

here, i'll help you out. you can copy and paste if you'd like.

"hey, i'm getting pso gc. is there anything that i should be on the look out for?"

now that statement would not start a "gc circle jerk" (that's funny) but it's simple and get's to the point without bashing or a hint of bashing another system.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: jerrelle on 2003-12-07 14:24 ]</font>

but i didnt bash another system as u put it. all i did was say the reason why i was leaving and asked if there was anything i should look out for thats it i didnt do any hint of bashing any system.

Kanore
Dec 7, 2003, 07:24 PM
On 2003-12-07 15:25, Denny wrote:
Chibbi,

Both versions have flaws, so how about you guys just stop with the "our version is not as bad as yours" stuff?

On Xbox you do need to have some sort of modchip or Action Replay to dupe items though. On Gamecube can't you just do that shop trick glitch that Sonic Team can't fix for one reason or another? In that area the Xbox version comes out on top, but what does it matter?

Some people act as if it is not possible to enjoy both versions for what they are.
<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Denny on 2003-12-07 15:34 ]</font>

I never said that Gamecube was better than X-Box at all. I'm sure it seemed like I was however indirectly, but my message was that the two competeing systems were even.

Wufei
Dec 7, 2003, 08:25 PM
People cannot give a valid opinion on things they haven't experienced.
This means you, Gamecube fanboys.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Wufei on 2003-12-07 17:26 ]</font>

anwserman
Dec 7, 2003, 08:48 PM
"The GC now has just got to where the X-Box was in the first place"... even though that isn't a perfect replication of your quote (its from my memory)... most of the illegitimate deeds on PSO-X requires you to use an external device, unlike the Gamecube. Most people on PSO-X don't have a modchip or an Action Replay, so the only way they can dupe is by finding somebody who does, or by playing with a friend who doesn't play PSO online at all... or who hasn't downloaded the PSO online patch.

I hate to tell ya, GC might have more people the PSO-X and more quests then PSO-X, but PSO-X is also an enviroment that isn't as tainted per say by illegitimates then GC. We don't have max stat, multiequip, and even though we have duping, it is still much much harder to dupe in PSO-X then in its GC brethen. That is what I say PSO-X is better then GC, both versions are almost identical (except for voice chat) but playing online PSO-X... the gameplay experience has more of an opportunity then GC to play like how Sonic Team intended it to be.

I might favor X-Box more then GC, but I do own both systems and I'm not putting the GC down, but I think that is why the PSO-X version is better then PSO-GC version for the sole fact that PSO-X has more of a base that plays for like how PSO is supposed to play like, unlike PSO-GC (even if the X-Box people are forced to play in a clean matter.)

shinto_kuji
Dec 7, 2003, 08:53 PM
you will wanna watch out for corruption from the double save (yes it was taken out... for like a week, its back now), thats pretty much the only thing different that you wanna look out for.

hey people, how about you not compare your systems/games and just play what you have. no one cares how the versions stack up to each other. play what you want and let others play what they want.

Link00seven
Dec 7, 2003, 09:50 PM
You made the right choice coming to PSO GC. I don't want to pick on you PSOX players...but I tried PSOX...I hope to never try it again either...

Anyway, welcome to the world of PSOGC. May the evil power of corruption never fase you.

jerrelle
Dec 8, 2003, 12:04 AM
toroxxx, i did not say you bashed a system, i was just stating a topic that would not start a flame war. nothing against you what so ever.
i wish they would lock these threads because it is stupid to argue over 2 systems who have the exact same game with the only difference being voice chat. it's retarded to continue to babble on about things that one person has not tried because they don't own that game. only people that can legittimately argue about the systems is those who have played on both systems.

last time i checked the website title, it said PSO-WORLD not psogc-world or psoxbox-world.

A2K
Dec 8, 2003, 12:13 AM
Someone just lock this disgusting thread already. Egh, I feel dirty now after posting in it.

Maverynthia
Dec 8, 2003, 04:00 AM
I really want to know the stats from Japan about Xbox people VS GC people. Becuase really, that's all that matters is what happens in Japan.
I want this to make a logical statement to say:
Episode III is most likely going to be GC only, because there aren't a lot of Xbox users, thus the cost to support the servers and the server usage, is simply not there.
However if there are a lot of Xers in Japan, EP3 will most likely be released on it.

Xers VS GCers:
Xbox has a voice chat, I hear that it doesn't have censorship on it...good/bad. The good, you can express yourself. The bad, the annoying #@$%^$ over there won't shut up. I've played with voice chat, it's good to have, but a keyboard is nice too.
Also Xbox was set up as an online system from the get go. It has an internal HD and a built in Networking Card. Thus PSO fits on the system as it was designed for i-net play. Also the Xbox uses DVD media. Easy to pirate but it can hold 4.7G-9G (compressed data). That's a lot of new enemies, and new levels...
Thus the GC is bad because Nintendo decided to be stupid #$%^$ and deny that the future of gaming is online. They'd rather people swap memory cards, so I'm sorry in you live in the middle of nowhere...

Thus the GC wasn't designed for online play. And thus PSO was made for GC, but doesn't sit right on the 'Cube. Also the media is 1.5G and I'm not even sure WHAT type of media it is..
However GC has a keyboard, thus the speech is censored so that guy might not be as annoying, but still you have half-a-million people THT TYP LIEK THS>

Thus really PSO is probably better setted on the X, however it was designed for the GC and that's what SEGA wants to go with.
I don't agree with Nintendo to crap out their system as such. However it's what Sega has to deal with.

Honestly the Xbox is a pretty good system. The only 'bad' behind it is it's price tag and the fact that it's made by Micro$oft, and it's shipped with crappy controlers (but you can buy better ones). I also think the other bad is because it is an American system, it has American games on it..and I don't like the aesthetics of American games... Call me a traitor, but I don't...

Toruxxx
Dec 8, 2003, 06:21 AM
yea ill agree now lock it its a damn shame ppl cant get along even if they do play on different consule. I didnt even start this thing for a fanboy war to start, jus wanted to know what i should look out for but then a consule war came up thx alot who ever started it. but i got what i wanted to know so the mods can lock it now.