PDA

View Full Version : IQ and Sync - What do they do?

Aierylia
Apr 7, 2001, 11:30 PM
For the life of me, I can't completely convince myself of exactly what do these stats do. Everyone advises keeping them maxed, but to what end? I'd like to hear what other ppl have to say on the issue. For now, here's what I believe:

I have no idea what does IQ do.

Sync, however, at least determines how much damage a PB will do. At Sync-0%, my Varaha's Pilla did around 400-500. At Sync-120%, it does a little ways over 2000.

I don't believe how the Versus Guide says that Sync determines how quickly your PB meter fills up.

Cypher
Apr 8, 2001, 07:13 AM
The more IQ it has, the better chance it will do things 4 u wen u either fight a boss,wen da meter fills up, and wen ur about to die.

Hope dis helps ya out a bit

CASH
Apr 8, 2001, 12:10 PM
I think your mags SYNC determines how quick your PB fills up. Like a mag with 100% SYNC might take 40 hits to fill up, and a mag with 200% SYNC might take 20.

MsFortune
Apr 8, 2001, 12:33 PM
20 hits for your pb to charge?
what kind of char are u? on me 31 force i have only used pb once in 110 hours because i am always going back to Pio2, never hit hard enough to self charge and try not to get hit myself because i'll die. pb's for forces seem pretty useless.
and yes my sync and iq are maxed.

CASH
Apr 8, 2001, 12:52 PM
I dont know how many hits it takes. I just used any number to give you an idea of what I was talking about.

Aierylia
Apr 8, 2001, 11:48 PM
Well if anyone has any other ideas as to what they do, post--especially if you have personal experience to back it up. Overall, I don't trust what the Versus Guide has to say, since they've been wrong on sooo many other things. But if you can confirm what it says, or what others of us have said, post!

Jim2001
Apr 12, 2001, 04:59 PM
well, I'm not sure what they do normally, exept that it seems to do stuff to you more often if it has a high IQ. I do know that these stats need to be a certain level to be evolved with mag cells.

vandalizer
Apr 18, 2001, 02:10 AM
I'm not to sure about sync, but i'm pretty sure cypher's theory on max iq is correct. At one point my mag was dumb as hell 40, but i decieded to raise it's iq to max because it was almost reaching level 200. So i raised it, and it made a big difference when i fought bosses and when i was about to die. Of all the times i fought bosses with the weak mag it casted its special maybe one of the three times. While when it was totally raised to the max iq it did it everytime. Hope this helps

Vandalizer
Level 46 HUcast