PDA

View Full Version : Enthernet and I did spell that right

DarkSoldier
Dec 5, 2003, 08:59 PM
can you help me by telling me where I could get an enthernet (RJ45 connector for my gamecube adapter cause my modem adapter wont work with the phone line cause I got comcast so I went out to find a Broadband at Electonics and Boutics and I found one and it didnt come with the Enthernet and yes I was stupid enough to try the phone cord that came with the modem adapter.

VioletSkye
Dec 5, 2003, 09:25 PM
On 2003-12-05 17:59, DarkSoldier wrote:
can you help me by telling me where I could get an enthernet (RJ45 connector for my gamecube adapter cause my modem adapter wont work with the phone line cause I got comcast so I went out to find a Broadband at Electonics and Boutics and I found one and it didnt come with the Enthernet and yes I was stupid enough to try the phone cord that came with the modem adapter.

you can grab one of those about anywhere that sells computer stuff. Best Buy, Circuit City, Comp USA, etc. In fact I think they had it at Wal Mart (although don't quote me on that.) Radio Shack will also have it so call around.

trypticon
Dec 5, 2003, 09:42 PM
I think he's asking where to get a broadband adapter for the gamecube. It sounds like he got a modem adapter instead, and it won't work with the comcast cable connection.

Since Mario Kart Double Dash is utilizing Lan, they will likely start carrying these in common retail establishments again. For quite some time, this was the only game that utilized the things, and because of that the foreign stock ended up rotting on the docks. Nintendo stopped shipping them, as it was costing more to develop and ship the things than they were making off of this dead game we call PSO. But now that an actual popular Ninetendo title is going to be using them, they should start appearing pretty quickly again. I wouldn't be surprised to see more PSO episode 1&2 copies showing up in retail establishments again because of the reemergence of the broadband adapters. Of course, we also have PSO episode 3 coming out in a few months here, so Nintendo will be expecting greater sales of both the broadband and modem adapters, the latter of which he purchased incorrectly.

Then again, after rereading his message, it seems he may have just been looking for the cable. Oops.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: trypticon on 2003-12-05 18:44 ]</font>

VioletSkye
Dec 5, 2003, 09:51 PM
On 2003-12-05 18:42, trypticon wrote:
I think he's asking where to get a broadband adapter for the gamecube. It sounds like he got a modem adapter instead, and it won't work with the comcast cable connection.

Since Mario Kart Double Dash is utilizing Lan, they will likely start carrying these in common retail establishments again. For quite some time, this was the only game that utilized the things, and because of that the foreign stock ended up rotting on the docks. Nintendo stopped shipping them, as it was costing more to develop and ship the things than they were making off of this dead game we call PSO. But now that an actual popular Ninetendo title is going to be using them, they should start appearing pretty quickly again. I wouldn't be surprised to see more PSO episode 1&2 copies showing up in retail establishments again because of the reemergence of the broadband adapters. Of course, we also have PSO episode 3 coming out in a few months here, so Nintendo will be expecting greater sales of both the broadband and modem adapters, the latter of which he purchased incorrectly.

Then again, after rereading his message, it seems he may have just been looking for the cable. Oops.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: trypticon on 2003-12-05 18:44 ]</font>

LOL what part of this quote from his original post made you think he can't find the BBA?

"I got comcast so I went out to find a Broadband at Electonics and Boutics and I found one and it didnt come with the Enthernet"

Not to mention the fact that he said he tried the phone cord with it and obviously it didn't work. Did you really even read the post http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif j/k

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VioletSkye on 2003-12-05 19:01 ]</font>

trypticon
Dec 5, 2003, 09:57 PM
I just couldn't make myself believe he wouldn't have continued looking until he found the cord, and instead tried using the phone cord.

DarkSoldier
Dec 5, 2003, 10:45 PM
I didnt know that you couldnt use the phone cord untill I went looking for the problwm @ http://www.nintendo.com