PDA

View Full Version : I wish there were private PSO servers...

Spy
Apr 7, 2001, 11:54 PM
Private PSO servers would kick soo much ass. Just about anyone with $600 and a broadband connection could make a better server than Sega's POS PSO servers. I'm disappointed to see that this wasn't included in V.2 http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_frown.gif

Danger_Girl
Apr 8, 2001, 12:08 AM
Last night was a real bear. As if the wild weather we've been getting here in the Midwest wasn't bad enough (a night long storm knocked my power out while I lay dead in the ruins) it's been a real chore trying to join an existing game. Then I got the sudden DC reset last night. I'm lucky I didn't loose anything other than mates and fluids. Not to mention the disconnect every eight minutes. Ya I hear ya Spy. Last night the servers really sucked.

Spy
Apr 8, 2001, 12:11 AM
The servers ALWAYS suck, bottom line

Nawms
Apr 8, 2001, 12:12 AM
Huh? what about PRIVATE SERVERS? Please tell me what u are saying Spy.

-Nawms aka:the recoverer

Spy
Apr 8, 2001, 12:20 AM
It simple. You get some software from sega, throw it on a linux box or Win 2000 machine and host your own ship/block

ElisteHaute
Apr 8, 2001, 12:47 AM
Yeah, that would be really great! We could also keep playing PSO for a while after SEGA no longer maintains the servers. That is the worst part of this game, that I know it's a time limited experience. People in a year or two from now won't be able to play PSO like it was meant to be played and then it'll be boring (kill the monster, break the box, get the stuff). What makes this game addicting is all the nice ( and not nice ) people you meet. Yeah, other games are like this somewhat, but I like being able to make my character look pretty much the way I want and I don't have to squint at my little tiny 15" computer monitor.

It would be really, really nice to be able to hook up a Linksys, my wintel box and my DC to my DSL line and have a place for all my PSO friends to hang out. It'd also make it easier to keep off the not so nice people with "bosuns" to oversee the problems of a private ship/block.

Just my 2 cents,

CASH
Apr 8, 2001, 02:22 AM
OMG! That would be soooo cool! Just think of it now... No cheaters, no dupers, only you and your friends. Its like Heaven, but without the Heaven Punisher. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_smile.gif

Ukyou
Apr 8, 2001, 09:21 AM
Hey, ya can do it with Q3/ Unreal/ Starcraft/ Redalert2 /Diablo2 (i think) /and many, many other games

But then again, the PCs been online for years
Cut Sega a li'l slack

SaitoH
Apr 8, 2001, 11:53 AM
While a agree with being frustrated as hell with the servers I don't really like that solution. To me the best part of PSO is playing with new people. This would pretty much eliminate that experience.
I have never played a tcp/ip game of Diablo 2 either and never intend to (Battlenet is even worse than seganet).

Nawms
Apr 8, 2001, 11:55 AM
I see but wouldn't there be a TON of Ships and Blocks. That would be cool though.

Ukyou
Apr 8, 2001, 04:41 PM
Well sure, if ya wanna meet new people, join a normal server...but sometimes if yer inna pissy mood or whateva, you just want to be with friends. And that's what a private server would be perfect for.

SaitoH
Apr 8, 2001, 05:51 PM
*sigh* yeah I know yer right. I just feel that it would be yet another reason, for people not to play open games. Sometimes, i wish you couldn't even password servers. Just sometimes.........

Spy
Apr 8, 2001, 09:29 PM
Battle.net worse then Sega? Naw... not if you know what your doing and you have the right programs that let you pick which server to connect to like, like exodus for example. And battle.net doesn't make you reload your game after it failed to connect to you[Vice-versa but I like to put blame on others http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_smile.gif].