PDA

View Full Version : So, umm, is Ragol Earth?

Robo47
Dec 6, 2003, 05:08 PM
Cause in the Seabed levels you can see Ecco the dolphin. And on Pioneer 2 the surface looks like Africa.

joluh
Dec 6, 2003, 05:21 PM
... X_X!!! do you really think that!??!?

Robo47
Dec 6, 2003, 05:22 PM
Yeah.

LamerPanda
Dec 6, 2003, 05:28 PM
Nah, I doubt it.

Chances are that you'll get a pile of Phantasy Star theorists in here soon to give really specific reasons, but I'd say the dolphin is just a coincidence. I don't think it'd really fit in the storyline well, though PSO already has a bunch of things that make it difficult to place.

Soukosa
Who said that there can't be dolphin-like creatures on other planets? Or that other planets can't have continents shaped like Africa?

joluh
Well CCA looks like Earth but the other places doesn't, i wouldn't say it's Earth, but looks like a lot, it should, right!?!?

_Sinue_
Dec 6, 2003, 05:33 PM
Short Answer: No.

LamerPanda
Dec 6, 2003, 05:34 PM
Not to mention that Sonic Team tends to recycle ideas, so influences from the real world are probably going to show up in PSO.

Robo47
Dec 6, 2003, 05:41 PM
Yeah but watch a future quest will have the client a cabbie from Crazy Taxi.

Denny
Dec 6, 2003, 06:00 PM
It is kind of odd when you think about it. Doesn't the name for the music track when you fight the dragon have something to do with Earth? I think the music in the forest does as well.

Jason
Dec 6, 2003, 06:15 PM
Ragol is not Earth. Part of the storyline of PSO is that the people were looking for a new planet to settle on, the setting of PSO is the time when Earth can no longer sustain life.

Robo47
Dec 6, 2003, 06:48 PM
No, Coral can't sustain life, common mistake http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Delsaber
Dec 6, 2003, 07:08 PM
On "From the Depths," the tremors are referred to as earthquakes. I think Ragol is just some Earth look-a-like. It has a continent shape like Africa, you can even see the Saudi Arabian peninsula.

Solstis
Dec 6, 2003, 07:58 PM
Then again, the Pioneer people might be related to the guys who blew up Palma http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif.

Hrith
Dec 6, 2003, 08:59 PM
LMAO at this topic, no wonder you the one who "taught" me about the "BASE" stuff http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

A2K
Dec 6, 2003, 09:05 PM
En-oh. No. No no no no no!

Nai_Calus
Dec 6, 2003, 10:30 PM
"Earthquakes" is a common word, and most people will likely refer to the same phenomenon elsewhere also as an earthquake.

For another example of the usage of 'Earth', at one point in PSIV, a character uses the phrase "What on Earth" Rather odd to be asking about Earth on Motavia, isn't it?

Imagine it like this: The people of PSO do not speak English. They speak whatever language/languages are native to their home planet, Coral. "Earthquakes" is merely a translation of what would actually be said in -their- tongue, kept to a normal English word for the sake of clarity. Much like the character in PSIV. They wouldn't have actually said 'Earth', but for the sake of clarity to the player, it's presented as such.

You know, it never looked like Earth at all to me, outside of being your stereotypical blue-green M-class planet. O_o;

The dolphin...

Oh! So that's where the dolphins went! XD Now we know! Thanks, ST! Now, if we can just find that question...

zaffre
Dec 6, 2003, 10:55 PM
Well I.....er...um....ahhh, forget it. This thread is too stupid for even me to reply to it. Oops,I have, DOH! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Jack
Dec 7, 2003, 05:25 AM
Earth doesn't just mean our planet. It means ground or soil, or any other things like that.

Vejita
Dec 7, 2003, 10:47 AM
if i remember a while ago on ver.2, some people figured out that the continents on Ragol when viewed from the hunter's guild was earth's map flipped upside down and turned backwards or something.

Vejita
Dec 7, 2003, 10:49 AM
On 2003-12-07 02:25, Jack wrote:
Earth doesn't just mean our planet. It means ground or soil, or any other things like that.

Earth is the name of our planet. If there were beings on Mars that used the word Mars for their soil... we here on Earth wouldn't refer to our soil as Mars too...ground or soil is referred to as "earth" because it's part of the planet, the planet being named Earth.

Parn
Dec 7, 2003, 02:43 PM
Ragol is not Earth. If it was, you would see ruins all over the place of an advanced civilization on the entire planet.

In Phantasy Star 2, Earthmen left the Sol star system to the Algol star system because they had destroyed Earth and were searching for a new home. They attempted to take control of Algol and failed.

It is feasible that Earth's ecosystem might have recovered over two millenia, but again, the lack of ruins says otherwise. And I am not talking about the spaceship ruins in Episode I, either.

Black000Moon
Dec 7, 2003, 02:52 PM
couldnt earth also be called ground? (not the planet) and ragol DOES look in a way like earth with like big masses of land but isn't....

Aunt_Betty
Dec 7, 2003, 04:12 PM
If you look closly you can see Sudia (SP?) Arabia.

Kanore
Dec 7, 2003, 05:12 PM
On 2003-12-07 07:49, Vejita wrote:

Earth is the name of our planet. If there were beings on Mars that used the word Mars for their soil... we here on Earth wouldn't refer to our soil as Mars too...ground or soil is referred to as "earth" because it's part of the planet, the planet being named Earth.

Maybe, but do you know for sure that people on Mars will call tremors 'Earthquakes'?

BESIDES PEOPLE, STOP TRYING TO MAKE SENSE OF EVERYTHING AND RELATING IT TO REAL LIFE!

As the saying goes, 'It's just a game!'

In Starfox 64's Lylat System, a whole new solar system, Falco uses the term 'Hey EINSTEIN that was mine' or something like that. Falco said Einstein, and Albert Einstein couldn't have been in Corneria could he? I think not.

Aunt_Betty
Dec 7, 2003, 05:33 PM
On 2003-12-07 14:12, ChibiWarrior wrote:

On 2003-12-07 07:49, Vejita wrote:
[quote]

Maybe, but do you know for sure that people on Mars will call tremors 'Earthquakes'?

BESIDES PEOPLE, STOP TRYING TO MAKE SENSE OF EVERYTHING AND RELATING IT TO REAL LIFE!

As the saying goes, 'It's just a game!'

In Starfox 64's Lylat System, a whole new solar system, Falco uses the term 'Hey EINSTEIN that was mine' or something like that. Falco said Einstein, and Albert Einstein couldn't have been in Corneria could he? I think not.

[/quote NOT A PLAYER NOT A PLAYER!

Kanore
Dec 7, 2003, 05:47 PM
Excuse me?