PDA

View Full Version : help in ULT. CAVES!

soccerdudegy
Dec 6, 2003, 05:39 PM
ok with my my HuCast (level 108, pinkal) i cant beat the ult caves boss no matter how hard i try. what weapons should i use. ive been stuck using a varista +27 mainly, and a red saber +78 other then that. ne help would be nice

kidterru
Dec 6, 2003, 05:41 PM
Use a sword type wep and attack the body.

soccerdudegy
Dec 6, 2003, 05:41 PM
would u recommend my last survivor then?

KaFKa
Dec 6, 2003, 05:49 PM
you have a last survivor and havent been using it!?!?!?

kids these days...
yes use the LS, thats the weapon of choice for HUcasts until they can find a better one.

soccerdudegy
Dec 6, 2003, 06:16 PM
i never have liked swords i go for partisan type weapons.

darthsaber9x9
Dec 6, 2003, 06:21 PM
if you can find the accuracy ,get some vulcans, or h&s25 or l&k 14s. with machineguns(pref with hit %), you can easily push the enmy back. if you have a general/battle or better, equip it, it makes all the difference

Ketchup345
Dec 6, 2003, 06:29 PM
Also, if and when you reach Dal Ra Lie, use a Slicer type, as it lets you dodge the tentacle attacks while doing damage.

So use:
Machineguns
Partisan/Sword
*/Battle
Slicer at Dal Ra Lie

Raneth
Dec 6, 2003, 06:47 PM
Use a sword. It hits the worm in three different places with each swing, and can sometimes reach him when he's swimming alongside you.

Delsaber
Dec 6, 2003, 06:54 PM
Slicer type weapons are the BEST for Dal Ra Lie. With a slicer you can hit 5 to 6 parts per swing. With a full combo that is 15 to 18 hits on him. You can also hit him while he is swimming along side the boat with a slicer. Get a slicer and use it!.. it is also good for Sil Dragon while he is down and Vol Opt's second form.

joluh
Dec 6, 2003, 07:38 PM
Any nice Partisan with high ATP you can find, if you're pinka, you should have lots of Gae-Bolgs, i have one with 35% hit, use one, you'll hit like 5 parts of him, and also Partisans are a lot faster than Swords ^_~

Eihwaz
Dec 7, 2003, 04:45 AM
On 2003-12-06 14:39, soccerdudegy wrote:
ok with my my HuCast (level 108, pinkal) i cant beat the ult caves boss no matter how hard i try. what weapons should i use. ive been stuck using a varista +27 mainly, and a red saber +78 other then that. ne help would be nice

I have to agree with KaFKa. See, Last Survivor and Red Saber have the same, HP-sucking goodness of Gush as a special attack. Last Survivor hits multiple targets, hence, you'll heal more HP per swing! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

And as for Dal Ral Lie...well, everyone's said what there is to be said:
~Bring your best Slicer for when he's alongside the raft
~Bring your best Partisan/Sword for when he's on the boat
~Mechguns w/Hit% are useful as well
~Equip a battle unit, if you have one
~Bring 10 Dimates, Trimates, and Star Atomizers.
~Use the Special Attack of the Last Survivor on Dal Ral Lie's head if you wish to conserve Mates.

Good luck. You should do just fine. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Tilldawn
Dec 7, 2003, 08:42 AM
DOUBLE SABER HIS ASS WOOT WOOT nothing beats a good double to split his skull apart when he is along side the boat like every1 said a nice slicer or a pure power vulcan with a nice wad of hit %

Vejita
Dec 7, 2003, 10:42 AM
slicers are the ultimate boss weapon. don't ever throw a good one away, try to get it's percents as high as you can when tekking, it will become very useful.

and is he killing you b/c you dont have enough hp to survive a certain attack? or is it because you keep running out of mates? if it's 2 then yes use your LS and give it to em.

Pso-Fiend
Dec 7, 2003, 05:51 PM
Hmm.....Never liked Robots too much due to the lack of techs...but if i had to go with one i would definatly use a good set of mechguns...load up on scape dolls and mates...maybe a set of guns or a sword with the charge ability....It will cost ya but its worth it...