PDA

View Full Version : GC-Item: Rare item drops - lightning strikes twice?

yangn
Dec 7, 2003, 01:25 AM
This is a phenomena that I'm wondering if anyone has researched- I know it seems to exist in the GC offline version of PSO, and I and a few friends have noticed it happen several times with rare item drops. What am I talking about?

There seems to be a tendancy for rare items, (not "common rare" drops like the pinkal's 3 wands or the oran's 3 daggers, but unusual drops) to appear in successionary pairs.

An example of this would be where the player finds an unusual drop, (like Purplenum finding Kasami Bracer from Canabin in Ult. Mines) then quits (to save the find) and restarts his game, going back to the start of the Ult. Mines. Then, lo and behold, he reaches the second floor of the mines, and another Canabin drops a Kasami Bracer! It would seem like sheer dumb luck, but it's happened several times in my experience, and I was wondering if anyone had researched this phenomena.

Skuda
Dec 7, 2003, 02:19 PM
I think either it's mere coincidence, or the programers are trying to toy with us. It's happened to me a few times with my syncesta's. I killed one of many hundreds of hildetorrs in the forest of sorrow, and it finally dropped my syncesta. I went for a normal forest run, found a hildetorr and it dropped me another. I'm not saying this isn't bad, but why can't this happen to a skyly after finding a seald J?

trunkszero
Dec 7, 2003, 02:31 PM
i think it may be dumb luck since i found 2 demolition comets rooms appart with my redria

Skuda
Dec 7, 2003, 02:32 PM
yah...I also found two delsabers left arms in the same room in ultimate.

Wood_Golem
Dec 7, 2003, 02:58 PM
I've found 3 asukas from repeating Adicting food with my redria all in the space of 3-4 runs and i havnt found one since

CGoodness
Dec 7, 2003, 07:02 PM
It's happened to me quite a bit as well.. I'm starting to think that rare items appear more frequently after you have already found them.