PDA

View Full Version : FanFic: Pandora's Chronicles: Chainer (chapter 9-Freedom)

KaFKa
Dec 7, 2003, 05:46 AM
seeing as many people have PMed me, asking when i will be posting the Chainer chronicle, i decided to do something that i have never done: a prolouge *dum dum DUUUUUUUUUUUMMMM*

Pandora's Chronicles: Chainer

As i walked into the subterranean "ruins" as they're called, i felt a darkness roil up from around me. The feeling of an omnipresent, omnipowerful existance cascaded over me, bringing with it a force unto itself as it washed away all hope i had for finding survivors.
The group that i had hand picked for this assignment had all stopped and looked like they were going to run.

"If you're going to run, do it now. I dont want you guys leaving while we're down here..."

They all nodded and started for the entrance, led by myself.
The darkness grew as we entered the first area, and another, and another. We had found no signs of life, not even an insect. Room after room, we grew more pessimistic.
After about ten hours, we decided to rest up and send out reports to Pioneer 2.
As we slept in shifts, something called out to me, a voice. Dark. Deep. Vile. Unhuman. Unhallowing.

"Death before failure, and then it bloomed as wide as an eye. Roiling hate. Deathgrip in my veins. I barely reach the petals. Flowering forefaltetta. The space between a blink and a tear. Death blooms."

Upon the very first syllable of the statement i knew it could only be him. Picking up my Jusy and checking my Yaskimov, I slowly walked to the door the voice seemed to come from. Silently skulking i opened the door. It slid open with barely a sound. I crept in, keeping my Justy trained on anything that would move. I looked to see that the room was somewhat small, but still large enough to have a small-scale battle. The walls gleamed with excitement as I moved to the next door, it's geen light staring at me with joy and subterfuge. As i approached, it slid open, revealing an amazing view of the "ruins" The door slid shut behind me as i walked into what seemed to me to be a balcony, complete with a table and matching chairs. Two bottles and two champagne glasses adorned the table. In one of the chairs materialized a man, somewhat young, with black robes and blue trim, long, pure black hair, paper-white skin, and eyes that gleamed with youth and blasphemy. He turned to me and smiled a reserved, almost gentlemanly smile.

"Pandora, come have a seat."

"I would rather stand Chainer, you bastard"

"Chainer is dead, and so am I"

I almost dropped my rifle, were it not trained perfectly on his head

"But unlike him, i am able to sit here and enjoy a fine drink. I think i have the better end of the deal."

I lowered my weapon and was about to speak when he spewed forth his voice again in an almost gentlemanly tone

"I can tell by your expression that you're not comprehending. So sit down. I suggest you make yourself comfortable. pour yourself a drink, preferrably the bpttle to your left, the one on the right is something of an acquired taste. It's going to be a long evening, and you're going to need a stiff drink or two, i suspect. After all, in the next few hours i am going to tell you in excruciating detail why everything you think you know about life and death is wrong. In other words, you don't know a blessed thing about the way the world really works, and I'm going to open your eyes. But im afraid, my dear, that you may not like what you will see."

For some reason i felt unthreatened by his presence, so i did as he asked, poured myself a drink, and sat down, with my Yaskimov at the ready...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: KaFKa on 2004-03-21 23:01 ]</font>

Sunblast
Dec 7, 2003, 11:48 AM
Great work, Kafka! It's very good for a prologue. No fighting means it stays simple. Short and schweet [sic]. Chainer seems so friendly right now. It's kinda scary. By the way, not to be nit-picky, but I saw two grammatical errors. The first is the word omnipowerful. I don't think that's actually a word, in which case use omnipotent instead. Also, you spelled Justy as Jusy. Nevertheless, it was very good. And you called Chainer a bastard. Mehehehe!

LadyRedComet
Dec 7, 2003, 11:57 AM
Sorry I never got around to telling you what I thought of the conclusion of your last fic, Kafka... At any rate, this one promises to be as good as (if not better than) your last one.

ladyjaderiver
Dec 7, 2003, 07:27 PM
Ooh... Very well written, and excellent for just a prologue. It really leads you into what's going to come next. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif Can't wait for the next chapter... Coming soon, I hope. *G*

MQuantum
Dec 7, 2003, 09:55 PM
That was creepy feeling... just plain creepy...

I do know one thing, I would not in ANY case drink anything someone like that would offer me, no matter how unthreatening he seems...

I'm glad to see that you're starting up the next bit, and I think you are starting out much stronger than our last fic. Huge improvement, and you'd better keep it like that. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

KaFKa
Dec 7, 2003, 10:03 PM
On 2003-12-07 18:55, MQuantum wrote:
That was creepy feeling... just plain creepy...

i intended it to be creepy, with that whole "*shiver*" effect.

i got the origonal idea from mid's eye theatre, its a real-time roleplaying game. but i tweaked and warped and even switched around what had started the thought, so i think that i did alright, especially when i know whats going to happen. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

ladyjaderiver
Dec 7, 2003, 10:52 PM
You did an excellent job with the creepiness. Didn't mention it before, but 'twas an awesome mood for the story so far.

KaFKa
Dec 8, 2003, 02:09 AM
im not sure when im going to post the first chapter, mainly because i've already scrapped five different tries :/ i also have to send it to hiko first, seeing as when you try to write from an evil person's POV, you tend to have questions about content. just so you guys know, im gonna try and get to to hiko before wednesday...

Sord
Dec 8, 2003, 06:15 PM
good prologue, i smell philosophy coming on. I know other people think it's creapy but it's not efecting me. guesss it has to do with my life and reading so many books that have things like this. i'm only afraid of heights, worms, poisonous animals, and the person with the gun to my head.

KaFKa
Dec 9, 2003, 09:29 PM
well, heres chapter one, im halfway experimenting with a new style, its halfway noticeable *cringe*

this fic is going to be a very dark, sadistic, disturbing, and evil departure from my previous
fic, if anyone has issues with it, dont read

As i sat down, the chair seemed to mold itself to me, making it very comfortable. The wine,
a dark chardonnay, was sweet to the tounge, and intoxicating to the mind.

"Comfortable? As i said beofre, this will be a long evening..." He trailed off, with what
looked to be a genuine smile, and looked longingly to the vast ruins.

"Why aren't you trying to kill me, then? Im sure it would suit your purposes just fine"

"I am not going to kill you, my dear. You are far too important to his plans to meet
your end just yet" He looked to me again, this time with his sardonic smile that made me want to
kill him.

"Who's plans?"

"Calm down, my dear, for you have been chosen, as all of us were. Kuberr, Ayame, Kafka,
Myself, Wolf, and even you, we were all chosen. We all have our purpose, and that is for the
Unborn."

"What are you talking about?" The wine was already running it's course, seeing as
i could barlely grasp his meaning.

"All will be explained, in time."

Chapter 1; link to the neophobic

Back on Pioneer 1, we found out about something called 'rift' this was just something that I, the master of techniques, was not worried with. That was then.
It all truly started back in my office, while we were in the process of landing on Ragol.

"Sir, are you sure you want to stay on Pioneer? they said that if anything goes wrong, any people on Pioneer will be gone"

"Sim, i told you, i don't care about what might happen. Things like that are only mathematical possibilities, nothing to be scared of."

Sim, my secretary, yes. Such a beautiful little dear. I could have made my way with her at any time i pleased, but i would wait until the time is right.
She walked away, her little short skirt riding up some. The bottom of her, shall we say, backside? was starting to be barely visible, only hinting at what was beyond...
But one musn't dip into the vat of perversion, i feel it makes too much of a pleasent little thing.
I looked away, and went back to researching a new technique that i had discovered. Something of the foie nature, only with an amazingly more powerful source of heat. But i had stumbled across it accidentally, it was somehow remembered to me, but the memory was only half there.

"Why must life treat us as such? Makes me think something is out to get us..."

"Cefcuh? i told you not to do that. The rift let you through, but why? only to torment me?"

"Don't worry, Chainer. I will be gone from you soon enough. Your mind is such a pleasent place hahaha, i might not want to leave it heheh" As he continued to laugh in a malevolent manner.

"Damn you-"

"Don't you see? I AM damned. To this reality. from my very own peers, this is why i am here, whelp."

With that, a warning siren blared, and I immediately stood, starting the correct incantations to open the rift.

kamurei, dumarlina.
da nega nagelatei.
ka-doumn, wetarla...

the words coming to mind with speed, for they were on my lips the very moment the sirens blared. He was waiting for the sirens, he knew.

solomin aureta
pretunkala, boru san weshala.
comerayx humatala pre ko,
kindra sei noma

The battle for control was coming, between us. Cefkuh was trying to take my body for his own. For reasons only thegreat light knew.

"Chainer, let me do this so i can save OUR body"

"You will not win my body you infernal demon"

YAWGMOTH unrelatika,
Goranforuno, Nulhenka
quentalis, kunretaluh
Comkara bernara

"You insult me, Chainer. An infernal AND a demon. I am nothing of the sort, you will see. The blood war will consume all it ravages through"

"What are you speaking of?"

"All will be known soon enough"

Youmogueiunau,
onario sumarakiro
waranumakela
BAST!!!!

The rift opened. A slight tug and we were there. A place that Cefkuh knew quite too well.

"Ah, Dementia. Seems that i haven't forgotten the correct path. Chainer, we will be able to get to Ragol through this dimention."

"Dimentia? What are you speaking of? I see nothing."

"You see nothing because you believe nothing. You KNOW nothing."

"What are you speaking of? I know enough to know i see nothing in front of me"

"You just submitted to me. Now then, submit the control of yourself, you will be able to see then, but only what you wish to see."

I tried to resist, but to no avail. Cefkuh subdued my intellect and i went limp, only to be replaced by Cefkuh's strength, and he walked with demonic speed, traveling what seemed to be miles within seconds.
He came scross something, since i felt him stop.

"Chainer, open your mind. Come see what dementia offers in all of it's glory" He said with a great inflection in his deep off-tune, haunting voice.
I tried to open my eyes, and opened them...

EndLog1

"A vast wasteland, covered in demonic purple hues. A slight wind made the dead trees, plants, and rocks whistle with a dark tune. What i felt, what i knew, what was to be, I had the knowledge of them all. Mad certianty, such an imperfect tool" Chainer said, lifting the glass to his lips, his expression not changing in the least.

"You were an officer on Pionerr 1? I want proof."

Chainer lifted his right hand. And in it was a handgun. The yellow photon bands, the barrel, it was a Bravace.

"This proof enough, my dear?" He said with a demonic smirk.Setting it down on the table, he continued with his drink, taking a slight breath.

ladyjaderiver
Dec 9, 2003, 09:39 PM
Ooosie..

*new chapter happy dance*

Anyhoo, it is kinda dark... But I like dark stuff. *g* Very nice.

Sord
Dec 9, 2003, 09:55 PM
this guy greatly reminds me of a guy in .Hack/Sign don't remember his name though, he has long green hair and blades in his gauntlets. Chainer's dialogue and attitude are almost exactly like his. You didn't base Chainer off of him did you?

ladyjaderiver
Dec 9, 2003, 09:58 PM
*whispers* That guy's name is Sora...

And I don't think KaFKa watches .hack...

KaFKa
Dec 9, 2003, 10:13 PM
i saw one episode of .hack, thought it was kinda too much of a philisophical conversation to be a cartoon. (just my opinion) and no, i didn't base Chainer off of anyone, just some random personality foating around in this thing called my mind. (with a hint of white-wolf vampire thrown in for flavor http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif)

Sord
Dec 9, 2003, 10:26 PM
mind thing:okay... *draws the okay out*

i couldn't help notice this chapter wasn't greatly dark like you said it was. or i'm just not being scared, whatever.

KaFKa
Dec 9, 2003, 10:28 PM
this is only the first, sord. i know the disclaimer is there, but its only there so i dont get hate mail in the latter chapters about random shit and whatever...

its not supposed to be some horror fic, so im not trying to "scare" the reader, persay.

BTW, if i were reading this as a reader, i would probably laugh at everything (yes i am a disturbing person...)

Sord
Dec 9, 2003, 10:36 PM
don't worry about the laughing part, i'd probably laugh if i didn't laugh only on sugar high. That reminds me when we had a tornado almost hit the my school (maybe about 5 miles away) and while all the other kids had shock faces (and some crying) i sat there smiling, i couldn't get it off, i just had to smile. Whenever a disaster happens, that's how i am. Dunno why just is. So remember, your not the only screw up in this world!

ladyjaderiver
Dec 9, 2003, 10:40 PM
I thought it was an excellent dark fic (which is definitely not the same as a horror fic). http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif I wouldn't laugh at it. It's better than I could do, by far.

KaFKa
Dec 9, 2003, 10:40 PM
yay, im not alone http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Sunblast
Dec 10, 2003, 06:28 AM
I, too, think it's a great start. Although you've got to remember, Chainer could have found that Bravace... I know it hasn't gotten to the truely dark part yet, but it's already a little devlish. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif Anyway, great work Kafka!

KaFKa
Dec 10, 2003, 05:34 PM
i should be able to send the next chapter to Hiko by tomorrow (thursday)

KaFKa
Dec 12, 2003, 11:51 AM
even though meira is gonna take all my readers, i post my next chapter today -_-...

"That doesen't prove anything, Chainer."

"Are you so sure? check the engraving on the barrel."

I did, and was surprised to find the words 'Col. Chainer' along the barrel. All i could do was stare in shock.

"Yes, it seems you now know that i am not of this world anymore..." He trailed off into a smirk, then lifted the glass to his lips again

Chapter Log 2; The Unforgiven

"Now then, chainer, lets get to Ragol, the beasts here are quite different from what you're used to"

"You seem to be scared, Cefkuh, are you not the powerful demon you claim to be?" I said with a sneer.

"I am omnipotent compared to you, whelp, but this pathetic excuse for a body has such limitations."

"Then where do we go, since i would rather get to Ragol than listen to you in this useless wasteland"

"South, that way"

He pointed in a direction and i walked, being sure to see any 'monsters' on my way.

As i crested a small bluff, i saw there to be a vast ocean, gleaming a sickly green, a small grey-sanded beach rising up, strange upright-walking turtles scouring the sand, every so often running into one another, which ended up in one being tore limb from limb and being eaten. Then a strange worm-like creature, colossal in size, with one main horn protruding forward, and four others sprawling out from the side of it's head. It would jump onto the beach and devour nine or ten of the turtles before writhing itself back into the ocean, blood and entrails drifting into the water. Then i heard a cracking sound behind me.

"Chainer, this is dementia. It consists of people's worst nightmares, even your own. If you think about any of it, your death is imenant, just close your eyes and i'll guide you."

"Why? what is behind me?"

I turned to see two insects tearing themselves apart, in a battle.

"Damnit, Chainer! Close your eyes and listen to me"

I did as Cefkuh asked, for no other reason than to get out of that cursed place.
He guided me, i heard sickening sounds, those of bones being compressed to the point of breaking, heard other sounds, and felt the ice cold breath of something very large and ancient. All seemed false, now that i didnt think of it. Then i heard the incantations to open the rift.

"Cefkuh, where are we going to?"

"Ragol, since you are going to be needed there by my lord"

"Who is your lord?"

"In time, mortal, in time"

We appeared in what is known as the forest to you, we knew it as base 01. The creatures there were nothing but peaceful beings, we even had children riding boomas, they seemed to love it, the chilren that is.

"Chainer, go ahead and find your settlement, i care not what happens here"

He relinquished control of my body, and i opened my eyes once more.
The warnth of the sun, the gentle calm breeze, all were present. I noticed that there was a great pillar in front of me, greyish-brown, alien runes adorning every niche of the massive column. Reaching my hand out, the runes started to glow somewhat. Startled i pulled my hand back, and the glow subsided.

"release me..."

"Cefkuh! what trickery is this!?"

"It isnt me, mortal. It is one of my lord's greater minions"

"What?"

"Pfft, you still have much to learn. I am going to open your eyes, but you will not like what you see."

I stood there, pondering the thing. If i am to release this 'minion' then who is to control it? Surely a multiplanar entity is bound to have almost omnipotent lesser minions, let alone greater ones. The energies to be channeled are enormous, surely i will need another conduit for the power to use, but what?

I looked to the runes, then traced them with my hand, words coming to my voice.

Yawgmoth my master.
Yawgmoth my lord.
Yawgmoth my protector.
Yawgmoth give me power.
Yawgmoth give me strength.
Yawgmoth your child calls.
Yawgmoth i beseech your wisdom.
Yawgmoth release your child.
Yawgmoth i plead.

The column started to vibrate, the runes glowing a disgusting yellow, and a blood red symbol shone bright near the top.

"Good boy Chainer, only two more left, and the triad will be formed."

"What... did i... just do?"

"You awakened the first of the triad, now there are two left to be awoken. then you must find a suitable host for him."

"Who are you speaking of? him?"

"His true name is Crovax, but he has gotten used to the name Falz in this dimention"

"Falz?"

"Yes, a petty name if you ask me, but im not the one to judge."

"You seem to know much about this, being, as if you were it, Cefkuh."

"Hah, i am truly honored by your statement, but i am nothing but a pawn in the blood wars"

"What are these blood wars you keep speaking of? Why don't you show yourself to me? Are you that much of a coward?"

"The blood wars, yes, i will enlighten you on what this eternal battle is."

"How long will it take, Cefkuh? Its starting to get dark, and the cold is already starting to reach my fingers"

"Awwwwww, poor digits. Fine, find yourself a suitable shelter for your fragile form, then we shall continue this conversation"

I walked for about an hour, the cold getting more and more bitter. I finally found a small cave, it smelled of feathers and dust, a rappy nest. The little birds would welcome me, as long as i presented them some sort of gift. I pulled out my walking rod, with an ornamental photon light at the top, they would take this and be happy, i suppose.

I was able to sit and sleep within their cave, they kept me warm enough, but the chilling tale the Cefkuh told me was enough to chill even me to the bone.

EndLog2

"And what of this blood war? You seem to be almost afraid of it, Chainer."

"The blood war is something, that, is quite, epic... for lack of a better word" His words seemed to be forced, as if he didn't want to speak of it.

"please, tell me of this 'epic war' that you're so scared of"

MQuantum
Dec 12, 2003, 01:29 PM
skitzo... Chainer is skitzo... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

I'm liking this very much. It's quite interesting and moving along nicely! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

ladyjaderiver
Dec 12, 2003, 06:09 PM
Ooh, it's good!! It's good! I like! *G* When can we expect the next chapter?

Stormsworder
Dec 12, 2003, 07:16 PM
Unbelievable! I've read some stories like that, but yours is the best so far. (Wait, the story I read was a Buffy book.) If I ever tried to write something like that, I would probably really mess up bad. Never been one for making a story with a dark plot. Hope to read some more.

LadyRedComet
Dec 12, 2003, 07:26 PM
Good stuff, as usual. Only thing that bothered me (and, as Jade says I'm notoriously nitpicky, you can feel free to ignore this next bit) was the lack of punctuation at the end of the dialogue thingies <-- be amazed by my eloquence and perfect wording.

Stormsworder
Dec 12, 2003, 07:28 PM
You sound like my English teacher. She always does that to me.

Sord
Dec 12, 2003, 07:35 PM
great chapter, but i REALLY HATE CLIFFHANGERS!!! sorry...

KaFKa
Dec 12, 2003, 10:11 PM
next chapter should be up sunday or monday, not sure when...

i love cliffhangers, sord, thayre such fun http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Sunblast
Dec 12, 2003, 11:28 PM
This is getting sweet! And the people interacting with the animals is cool. Although I'm still wondering what the creature was that beached itself and chomped some guys. The behavior sounds just like that of an Orca Whale, but what in PSO is the equivilant to that?

KaFKa
Dec 13, 2003, 12:29 AM
On 2003-12-12 20:28, Sunblast wrote:
This is getting sweet! And the people interacting with the animals is cool. Although I'm still wondering what the creature was that beached itself and chomped some guys. The behavior sounds just like that of an Orca Whale, but what in PSO is the equivilant to that?

i described Da Ra Lie, there guy... and bartles... and halfway talked about tollaws... you know, the ultimate enemies? i just gave them a "natural" habitat http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Sord
Dec 13, 2003, 12:04 PM
On 2003-12-12 19:11, KaFKa wrote:

i love cliffhangers, sord, thayre such fun http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

i get the feeling you find it fun because i hate them

Stormsworder
Dec 13, 2003, 12:21 PM
yup, I've got to agree with Sord on that one.

KaFKa
Dec 13, 2003, 03:29 PM
On 2003-12-13 09:04, Sord wrote:

On 2003-12-12 19:11, KaFKa wrote:

i get the feeling you find it fun because i hate them

no, i just fond them fun. that and its usually a good place to end of a chapter anyways.
(of course this is all coming from the guy who finds entertainment in toying with people's minds and screwing with my enemies in games like starcraft)

ladyjaderiver
Dec 13, 2003, 07:56 PM
Lol, I happen to like cliffhangers. *G*

Sunblast
Dec 14, 2003, 12:31 AM
On 2003-12-12 21:29, KaFKa wrote:
i described Da Ra Lie, there guy... and bartles... and halfway talked about tollaws... you know, the ultimate enemies? i just gave them a "natural" habitat http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

But I thought, from your description, that it was a beach or something. And everyone knows De Rol Le (I guess I can't be sure about the ultimate form) lived in sewers. He never made it to the open ocean, or he would have evolved further and further until he became Barba Ray. Did I just confuse myself?

KaFKa
Dec 14, 2003, 04:22 PM
On 2003-12-13 21:31, Sunblast wrote:

On 2003-12-12 21:29, KaFKa wrote:

But I thought, from your description, that it was a beach or something. And everyone knows De Rol Le (I guess I can't be sure about the ultimate form) lived in sewers. He never made it to the open ocean, or he would have evolved further and further until he became Barba Ray. Did I just confuse myself?

think outside the box sunblast...

(if you haven't noticed yet, most of my fics DO NOT follow the game very well)

Stormsworder
Dec 14, 2003, 04:48 PM
Join the party. Mine don't either. Just wait till Chapter 12 of my story.

Sunblast
Dec 14, 2003, 05:15 PM
But if you think outside of the box, you'll see that your box is red and you'll want to go right back in!

Robert_Wolf
Dec 15, 2003, 11:27 AM
Sorry it took me so long to read this, but I have been out of town the past week. I was doing modeling for Yamaha Snowmobiles. Well, anyway, I like the way the new chronicle is progressing. Please PM me the details on the events that will take place so that I can build them into my new chapters.

KaFKa
Dec 15, 2003, 11:54 PM
next chapter should be up tomorrow morning...

ladyjaderiver
Dec 16, 2003, 10:09 AM
Yay! New chapter soon!

KaFKa
Dec 16, 2003, 11:49 AM
yep, chapter 3, i had to edit this chapter to hell, hence its intolerable shortness.

"You truly wish to hear the history of this war?"

"Why yes, Chainer."

I tried to move my hand from the arm of the chair, but it was locked inside whatever this this thing is made of.

Chapter 3-Schism

Back when Baator, Archeron, Hades, and the Abyss were young, the two lords of evil, Lucifer, the lord of infernals, and Graxxith, the lord of demons, bade for control of Hades and Archeron. Why these two planes, you may ask. The answer is simple. Hades is the final resting place of most mortal souls, something that both we infernals and demons derive sustenance and power from. And archeron is the closest place to Celestia, where all good flows forth from. Something that evil wishes to dash upon the rocks of war. And so the blood war started. The battle between the chaotic ravagings of the demons, and the calculated, militaristic force of the infernals. The first battle, known as Bel, was the second largest of all Blood War battles, and the bloodiest. A total of thirty million warriors on either side, only a thousand would walk away alive. The infernals won a decisive victory, leaving no demon breathing. Many battles have gone by. The memorable ones being called seon, Vasil, Pret, Mesala, and Gruun. It has ravaged through Hades, Archeron, and even the Abyss. It hasnt touched Baator soil yet, but that time draws near, the new lord of Baator, Asmodeus, holds back great numbers of forces for an unknown reason. Although he has been challenged time upon time, he has thrown off all challengers with little to no effort."

"This is the blood war, Cefkuh?"

"That is only a small pebble of knowledge, an abbreviated version, if it were."

The sun rose, bringing with it warmth and light. I left the rappies' cave, and walked in the general direction of the central dome, hoping it wasn't too far away.
I came across a patrol of hunters, they were on some mission, but were nice enough to escort me back to the central dome. I thanked them and went on my way to my apartment there, since i would need to get some things before my trip through Ragol.

"Chainer, why are you taking so long? We musn't keep the triad waiting..."

"Silence, Cefkuh, I have things to do that you know nothing of."

"Oh really? Welll then, i will just have to motivate you some."

I felt him in my mind, attacking me, trying to subdue my conciousness. I battled him back, the solitude allowing me to concentrate.

"Mr. Chainer?"

Sim. She had probably heard of my arrival. She ran up to me and wrapped her arms around me, burying her face in my chest.

I felt my grip on our struggle slip, Sim's presence braking my concentration.

"I heard you were missing, i was so scared"

Cefkuh had won. I felt my conciousness slip and subdue, fading to bleakness.

My minion

You are the one

Free me

you will know power beyond measure

I am your master

Free me

I found myself in a cave of sorts, cold water almost up to my ankles. A slight wind catching my hair. In front of a door of sorts, it looked to be made by the workers on Pioneer, but why down here?

"Chainer, start moving, we must get to the second of the triad"

"What happened to Sim?"

"Why do you care? she was just an innocent little girl."

"What do you mean by was? What the hell happened to her!?"

"Nothing much, i killed her after having my way with her. You know, no witnesses?" he said matter-of-factly.

"Why? How could you do such a thing!?"

"It was really simple, i just-"

"If i ever find a way to rid myself of you, light help me, I will make sure you stop breathing you-"

"You wouldn't even so much as raise a finger against me, mortal. Now come, you have much work to do, and i haven't the patience to stand and bicker with the likes of you. Your banter is starting to tax my patience."

He pressed me forward, having almost total control over me.

EndLog 3

"Why am i stuck here, Chainer?"

"You imprisoned yourself, my dear. You want to stay here and listen to me."

"I would rather end you-"

"Still bitter? One would think that after three or so drinks, how many did you have? You would be more or less passive."

He let out a slight laugh, and took another sip of his drink. He set his glass down on the table, and continued to speak.

ladyjaderiver
Dec 16, 2003, 05:02 PM
Too short! *pouts* But very nice. Can't wait for more. *G*

Sunblast
Dec 16, 2003, 07:25 PM
Whoa, this is getting cool! So sad, what happened to Sim. By the way, the Blood War sounds strikingly familiar. I remember it from a game called Planescape Torment. Any relation? I mean, it has so much in common with the one you've described. Did I guess it right? And if so, do I get a prize?

KaFKa
Dec 16, 2003, 07:29 PM
On 2003-12-16 16:25, Sunblast wrote:
By the way, the Blood War sounds strikingly familiar. I remember it from a game called Planescape Torment. Any relation? I mean, it has so much in common with the one you've described. Did I guess it right? And if so, do I get a prize?

WTF? planescape tournament? ive never heard of that game...

and no *buzz* you're wrong. i got the main idea from something, then created my own history to it. if someone can guess where i got the main idea from, PM me and i'll give you a preview to my sequel http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

LadyRedComet
Dec 16, 2003, 08:08 PM
Wow, that was good. I can't wait to find out what happens next!

Sunblast
Dec 16, 2003, 08:29 PM
Awww, crap! But it even has the planes! With the same names! LOL, man, I thought I had it!
Actually, with the way I ended the game, the main character regained his mortality and, as punishment for the chrimes he's commited in past incarnations, had to go fight in the blood war. I'm not sure what happened to him, though. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif You're just lucky I can't remember the names of the guys from Baator. It's on the tip of my tongue! Ah, well, I tried. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif Sorry for the ranting.

KaFKa
Dec 17, 2003, 12:29 PM
im sending the next chapter to hiko tomorrow...

Robert_Wolf
Dec 19, 2003, 02:39 AM
Great chapter, but I'm with the others. Too short! Edits be damned!!! Of course, I shouldn't even begin to talk. Each and every one of my chapters is longer than the entire length of this page. *hangs head in shame* I just can't get every thought I have into each chapter. Hence they get longer and longer...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Robert_Wolf on 2003-12-18 23:40 ]</font>

Sunblast
Dec 19, 2003, 05:56 AM
*Sunblast pats Robert's back.
It's OK, man. Your chapters are long, but they're also awesome. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

KaFKa
Dec 20, 2003, 02:08 AM
On 2003-12-18 23:39, Robert_Wolf wrote:
Too short! Edits be damned!!!

if you want the "unedited" origonal version, i can PM you guys them. but be forewarned, they are written in third person, and are also dramatically different from what you see here...

next chapter to be up at about 2-4AM...

KaFKa
Dec 20, 2003, 01:34 PM
yay, chapter four...

Pandora's Chronicles: Chianer

Chainer poured himself a second glass, his face expressionless, his body in perfect posture.

"When are you going to release me?"

"As i said before, my dear, you are imprisoning yourself, not I."

He sat back, holding his glass about chest height, and continued.

Chapter Log 4: Journey of the Damned

I felt my soul darken over as we walked, the sheer beauty of these natural caves was enough to move even the darkest of minds, were they not soulless. Cefkuh had forced me into a repreive as he moved. The infernal was not one for patience, if he were one for anything.

"How much longer must we be down here?"

"As long as it takes to find the second."

"I thought you knew exactly where everything was, i thought you were omnipo-"

"Silence mortal." Cefkuh stated with distain. "The triad is hidden beacuse of the sealing energies."

I would have kept the argument going, were i not exhausted. The pain and suffering that Cefkuh had brought upon my mind was enough to kill most men. The strain upon me was unbearable, even in my sleep.

Mist of war
Mist of lies
Haze of battle
Within my mind

The loss of life
The victory of death
Eternal strife
Wrought by Seth

The sound of rushing water, the blasphmeousness of light, the hating touch of pureness, the burning fire of water.
I awoke myself to find Cefkuh performing some sort of ritual in a naturally occuring waterfall room.

"Cefkuh, i thought we had no time."

"This place is hallowed beyond all others, i must destroy the purity of this... stone."

He stood atop a human-sized stone in the middle, it was made of pure obsidian, but seemed to be false for some reason.

"Cefkuh, we have no time, we must go and awaken your triad so i may be rid of your presence."

"Fine then, when the final blow is struck upon you by the chosen one, you have none but yourself to blame."

Cefkuh made some motions with his arms and a force of sorts materialized from beneath us, and it lifted us up, and we stood, arms crossed, moving forward upon this... disk of power. I looked back to see the stone in question return to its marble-white color, radiating a white glow, practically oozing with pure energies.

What i've felt
What i've known
Turn the pages
Turn the stone
Show yourself to me
Show yourself to none

We went for hours, our sheer presence corrupting the purity of the caves, although the caves seemed to hide their own sinister plots.
Hour by hour, the time seeming to crawl to a stop, until we were there.

Yawgmoth my master.
Yawgmoth my lord.
Yawgmoth my protector.
Yawgmoth give me power.
Yawgmoth i plead.
Yawgmoth release your child

The seciond pillar glowed with the same vile yellow of the first, only with an unhallowingly dark blue glow instead of blood red. I stood, not sure why i was even doing this.
Why should I, of all people, be the one that was chosen to have this blasted infernal ravaging through my mind? I had my own plots and plans, Pioneer would have been MINE. This newfound world would tremble under my power. But no. I have been cursed with an affliction only death could start to relieve. Damn Cefkuh. Damn him to the pits of darkness.

"Release me..."

There was a third voice, but it did not come from my insane mind. It came from the depths of this world. From the deepest, darkest pits of hate. This was the voice of Falz, or rather, Crovax.

"Chainer, we still must awaken the third. It lies even further down than this. Our journey awaits us in Dementia."

"Dementia..."

"Yes, Dimentia. You better have keep your wits about you, mortal, you have only caught a glimpse of what Dementia has to offer."

With that, Cefkuh started the incantation. I closed my mind to it, preparing myself for the trial that was to come.

Horrid purple landscape, death and decay in the air. Nightmares fluttering about like birds on a summer day, this was dementia. I looked around, nothing seemed to notice our arrival.

"quickly, this way."

We walked for about a minute, then we were confronted by four or five of those horrid insects. They came up to us quickly, their mandibles dripping with saliva and venom, their claws ready to rend flesh.

"Gifoie!"

A ring of fire rose up around us, but they seemed to grow stronger from the heat, or at least more enraged.

"Rabarta!"

Ice and chill surrounded us, and it succeded in freezing them, but only temporarily.

"Razonde!"

Thunder and lightning bolted from our body, shocking the insects. The sudden surge of electricity interfering with their sensory organs, and they backed away, but only to come at us again.

"Chainer you fool, that isnt magic. Your petty cantrips will do nothing to these creatures."

"Well then, its time to run."

As i readied myself for a good sprint, my body stopped and started to make strange gestures as my mouth moved and spoke with tounges i have only read of.

Sernari moselkrei camunter onokoroprela grest

A hurried Cefkuh used his own magical abilities and summoned up a strobing, brilliant ball of green energy in our right hand, the power chafing the flesh.

"THIS is my power, mortal."

We flew up with unseen wings and threw the ball of energy down at the insects.
A grand explosion of light, energy, and raw unbound power ripped through the landscape, brilliant whites, reds, blues, greens, and even blacks of potence. When the blast finally came to an end, we stood in a crater a mile wide, hundreds of feet deep, and scorched to blackness.

"Swiftly, Chainer. That will most surely bring attention to us."

EndLog4

"What sort of power could summon up an explosion of that magnitude?"

"Oh, that little trick is only the smallest of his abilities."

He said, a smirk upon his face

ladyjaderiver
Dec 20, 2003, 06:29 PM
Ooh, very nice! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif It keeps getting more interesting... I'm glad it wasn't as short as the last chapter. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Sunblast
Dec 20, 2003, 06:55 PM
Ooooh, that is some sweet stuff! By the way, that big explosion Cefkuh did sounds like a move called Chromatic orb. A lot bigger, though. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

LadyRedComet
Dec 20, 2003, 07:25 PM
Good stuff. I'd say more but my brain is fried, so if I did it wouldn't make any sense.

KaFKa
Dec 20, 2003, 10:10 PM
On 2003-12-20 15:55, Sunblast wrote:
Ooooh, that is some sweet stuff! By the way, that big explosion Cefkuh did sounds like a move called Chromatic orb. A lot bigger, though. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

sunblast, i appreciate your thoughts, but please. i AM NOT using stuff from this game. nothing personal, but your comments are more like insults. yes, i amalgam ideas from different things at times, but i NEVER straight jack ideas.

...sorry for my outburst...

im sending the next chapter ti Hiko on sunday afternoon, so it should be up by wednesday(maybe)

BTW: thx lady red comet and jaderiver http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Sunblast
Dec 21, 2003, 01:12 PM
Sorry, Kafka. It just feels so familiar, I couldn't help it.

Robert_Wolf
Dec 21, 2003, 08:37 PM
Great chapter, man. Oh and Sunblast, I understand where you are coming from. Some ideas that are completely new to a writer may be familiar to others, but that doesn't automatically mean that they stole the idea. Just don't accuse KaFKa of stealing ideas. Keep those kind of thoughts to yourself. But don't worry, I'm sure KaFKa doesn't hate you now...

Sunblast
Dec 21, 2003, 10:00 PM
Oh, no no no! I didn't mean to imply he was stealing ideas! And I appologeize if I ever seemed that way. I just thought he had mabye played either the game I spoke of or, more likely, perhaps one that it was based off of.

KaFKa
Dec 24, 2003, 11:45 PM
next chapter to be up friday night (I PROMISE!!!)

Robert_Wolf
Dec 26, 2003, 01:42 AM
Can't wait! What is in store for Chainer next? Is this whole chronicle a series of flashbacks, or will it go to current soon?

Sagasu
Dec 28, 2003, 04:23 PM
Nobody knows..... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

SO far so good, keep them rolling on

KaFKa
Dec 30, 2003, 12:37 PM
okay, im really sorry that i couldn't get the next chapter up sooner, but life has a way of smacking you in the face on things like schedules -_-;; oh well, here is chapter 5. still blasphemoniusly short thanks to edits...

Pandora Chronicles: Chainer

I sat there astonished. Could this Cefkuh really be that powerful?

"Yes, he is. And then some." Chainer said, breaking the short silence.

"And how can you read my thoughts?" I said, raising an eyebrow

"Heh, there are many things you don't know about me."

Chapter Log 5-Mask of Darkness

We moved swiftly through the blasted land of Dimentia. Cefkuh was for some reason, hesitant to stay, even though the creatures were obviously his inferior. His words were quickened, his tone frantic. He guided me physically, but was lost mentally.

"Cefkuh, could you slow down with your directions? I really see no point to your haste."

"Silence! Mortal. I would snap you in half were you-"

"Empty threats. You're really starting to get pathetic, Cefkuh. Im starting to believe that you have no other purpose anymore to threaten me and make my life miserable."

"There are reasons, methods, to this madness"

"Oh. Then by all means, show me this method to madness."

"That knowledge will drive you mad."

"Better now than later then. You will eventually wear me down to the breaking point, then you will be able to see my wrath."

"I have nothing to fear from you, mortal."

"Ooh, mortal this, mortal that. Face me in combat then call me a mere mortal, Cefkuh."

"Your banter is starting to wear on me. Just go southwest from here on."

I didn't protest. What was the point? To prolong a stalemate? I thought it better to just let him believe that he was superior for the moment.
We walked for hours on end. Ever evading the inhabitants of Dementia. Until we saw something upon the horizon.
A great, pulsating, inky blaclness hovered atop a small mountian. When we looked upon it, sound seemed to muffle itself. Sight seemed to be labored. Thought was unclear. My very soul seemed to be snuffed out when i laid eyes upon the darkness. Even Cefkuh seemed distant. Faced with this new development, i decided to make a short detour.

We came upon it after a day, everything seeming to dull away as we got closer. The world went from a dark royal purple, to dull grey. Even we turned from black to grey. The world was hazing over with a grey blotch of nothingness.
That was when I felt it for the first time. Vast emptiness. Loss of worth. Dulling of thought. Despair. I almost fell to my knees with the sudden rush of nothing.

"Chainer! get away from this portal. Your mortal soul is not meant for the blasted grey waste of Hades yet! Get away..."

Cefkuh drowned away, and all that was left was a gaping hollowness within me. I pressed on twoards the blackness.
It was almost a foot away, writhing and pulsing. I reached my hand out to it, my strength almost gone.

"Chainer, give yourself to me, for i shall show you the meaning to your existance."

I did as instrtucted, and fell into the blackness.

A great war unolded. On either side were grotesque, horrific visages of doom. They swarmed to each other, screaming and roaring in horrendous versions of battle odes. Explosions of fire and ice, lightning arcing between warriors, sonicbooms, and even waves of pure energy coursed through the battlefield, covering the battle that streched as far as the eye could see. Clangs of metal upon metal. Screams of agony and victory. Then there was an explosion, similar to the one Cefkuh had loosed in Dementia. It ripped through the battle, vaporizing and blowing apart the demons and infernals on either sides. Another. Another. There seemed to be a varitable barrage of these, hellballs as it were, destroying the battlefield. The energies dissipated, revealing a mooncrater wasteland. The two armies came twoards each other again, the demons rushing in a mad frenzy, the Infernals moving with military percision and cunning. They came together, battle resuming. The battle lasted like that for days, until the Infernal army unleashed it's general.
Fourteen or so feet tall, blood red scales, rot-yellow spines and horns, huge dragonlike wings. It held a sword, ten feet long, pure black in color, bathed in demonlic blood. It cut a swath through the demons, swinging it's sword in a hand, the other working magic of all sorts. It roared, the very sound breaking everything around it.

The battle of Bel ended that day, with no demons left breathing. The thousand or so Infernals that lived left that wasteland, and went back home to Archeron as heros. They revered their general more than the rest, shouting his name in unison.

Cef-kuh!!
Cef-kuh!!

Two warriors faced off, one for the light, one for the darkness. They battled back and forth, with no obvious superior.

"You can join him, Ayame. Just give yourself to the profound darkness"

The battle raged on, until something very special happened. The warrior for the light was possesed by a great elven general, one who was known to be a liutennant for the light itself. Soun was his name, he gave his strength to the newman, whom in turn seemingly slayed the warrior for the darkness, then falling herself.

Another battle, not just one between nations or peoples, but one for the very destiny of the universe. One led by an Infernal vampire, Crovax. The other led by a chosen newman child, Meteora. The sight of this battle was distorted and obscured, like a reflection in a pond. A war raged in pitched battle beneath them, one of pure good, the other of pure evil. Nothing was certian with this fleeting image, except that it was to happen.

We awoke in a cavern, standing in front of the tird pillar of the triad, standing in all its horrif glory.

Yawgmoth my master.
Yawgmoth my lord.
Yawgmoth my protector.
Yawgmoth give me power.
Yawgmoth i plead.

EndLog5

"Cefkuh was a general in the Blood War?"

"Still is, my dear, still is..."He said, another smirk coming across his face.

KaFKa
Dec 30, 2003, 05:13 PM
i hate to do this but...

*bump*

dont kill me Hikosaka http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

ladyjaderiver
Dec 30, 2003, 11:12 PM
OOh, this is great, as always. Though it sucks that you had to edit it so much.

Robert_Wolf
Dec 31, 2003, 02:46 PM
Oh, if you think I'm going to ignore Soun as a Lieutenant of the Light, you're out of your mind. Perhaps Crovax and Soun will meet on a batllefield one day. That is, if you let me and guide me through it. Great chapter as always KaFKa.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Robert_Wolf on 2003-12-31 11:49 ]</font>

KaFKa
Jan 1, 2004, 10:59 PM
On 2003-12-31 11:46, Robert_Wolf wrote:
Oh, if you think I'm going to ignore Soun as a Lieutenant of the Light, you're out of your mind. Perhaps Crovax and Soun will meet on a batllefield one day.

i'll pm you about that...

thanks again, people http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

KaFKa
Jan 4, 2004, 08:08 AM
next chapter should be up (or sent to hikosaka, depending on the content) by wednesday... next sunday the the latest...

ladyjaderiver
Jan 4, 2004, 08:35 PM
Yay! New chapter before too long! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif *happy dance*

Sord
Jan 5, 2004, 07:14 PM
well i'm definitly don't don't crazy over cliff hangers, but i know a person who does. When we were watching Ruroni Kenchin and Shishio had just died. They good guys ran for the door, and a servant of Shishio chopped up a giant platform witch ignited and touched a petroleum deposit, then BOOM and end of episode.

I swear, the dude was having a seizure. He was rolling around, thrashing, cursing, ect, ect. Took him about five minutes until we calmed him down and stuck him on the x-box.

ladyjaderiver
Jan 5, 2004, 07:48 PM
My sister and I were really mad about that end of episode cliffie too, but not that mad...

That guy's a bit extreme, I take it?

Sord
Jan 5, 2004, 08:22 PM
Yes, and the strange thing is he has major obssesion. For example PSO. Three of my friends, all brothers, started playing PSO. They told me and their other friends about and let us play and soon we all bought it. Well mister obsession conquered level fifty in a week. Right now he's at 160 something, but that was weeks ago. I would guess by now he has near 200. He also had level 100 and 70 characters as well. This is getting off topic so i'm gonna stop.

KaFKa
Jan 6, 2004, 12:11 AM
On 2004-01-05 16:14, Sord wrote:
well i'm definitly don't don't crazy over cliff hangers, but i know a person who does. When we were watching Ruroni Kenchin and Shishio had just died. They good guys ran for the door, and a servant of Shishio chopped up a giant platform witch ignited and touched a petroleum deposit, then BOOM and end of episode.

I swear, the dude was having a seizure. He was rolling around, thrashing, cursing, ect, ect. Took him about five minutes until we calmed him down and stuck him on the x-box.

are you trying to say that it was a cliffhanger? i dont see how...

LadyRedComet
Jan 6, 2004, 06:58 AM
*nods* It was a cliffhanger. That's because you didn't get to find out if Kenshin & co. made it out before the whole place blew up. *rolls eyes* Although I don't see how that could give someone a "seizure" seeing as just about anyone with a brain would know that they'd get out alive.

MQuantum
Jan 6, 2004, 06:18 PM
Great couple of chapters, Kafka!

This is really getting good! I sense things going a lot deeper than you would have thought from the first story...

KaFKa
Jan 8, 2004, 04:52 PM
On 2004-01-06 15:18, MQuantum wrote:
Great couple of chapters, Kafka!

This is really getting good! I sense things going a lot deeper than you would have thought from the first story...

thanks, its not often that people actually say that knid of stuff *tear of joy*

hopefully, i will have chapter 6 done and posted before i go to my CS tournament tomorow night.

(BTW, which chapter did you want to see the origonal of, quantum? i found them all sitting here in a floppy disk)

Sord
Jan 8, 2004, 05:03 PM
On 2004-01-06 03:58, LadyRedComet wrote:
*nods* It was a cliffhanger. That's because you didn't get to find out if Kenshin & co. made it out before the whole place blew up. *rolls eyes* Although I don't see how that could give someone a "seizure" seeing as just about anyone with a brain would know that they'd get out alive.

I never said the guy didn't have crazy issues with the show! If you ask me he's a bit of a nut, even off the show.

As for the fic: How many chapters do you think their are going to be? (or did you say and i didn't see it)

How soon is before the CS tournament?

KaFKa
Jan 8, 2004, 05:18 PM
On 2004-01-08 14:03, Sord wrote:

I never said the guy didn't have crazy issues with the show! If you ask me he's a bit of a nut, even off the show.

STOP WITH THE SPAM ALREADY!!!

As for the fic: How many chapters do you think their are going to be? (or did you say and i didn't see it)

just like with the Ayame chronicle, ten chapters...

How soon is before the CS tournament?

the CS tournament is tomorrow evening...

oh, and BTW... EDITS BE DAMNED!!!!!!!

MQuantum
Jan 8, 2004, 07:25 PM
Oh, any chapters that have been edited to an absurdly extreme measures, and might leave out any important/good/wanna read scenes, though I imagine you were able to work in all or most of those anyway.

Thanks for your time in doing so, and keep up the chapter writing! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

KaFKa
Jan 9, 2004, 02:14 PM
yes, i have completed editing chapter six. it went amazingly smooth. nothing to really edit out, other than changing it from third to first person, and getting rid of some useless junk that was put in out of pure whimsy. so yeah, this is a pure chapter. which is kind of a shame, since its really short, but haslots and lots of fun little tidbits and plot-thickening devices. (to MQuantum: give me some time to get the chapters to you, for some reason my computer decided that the format was wrong, so i have to find a way to reformatt the disks without turning them into hexidecimal code x.x)

Chainer for the first time in his monologue, he streched, clecnched his fists, and relaxed, sitting back down. He parted his hair with his hands, moving it back behind his ears. He then took a deep breath, which almost sounded like a sigh. He closed his eyes and opened them peacefully, looking to me. The chair that i was trapped in let me loose, turning to a mallable putty. I stood up quickly, pulling my Yaskimov out to fire at him.

"After all i've provided for you, you still wish to kill me? I could have taken your life at any time in our conversation." He raised his eyebrows subtly, then brought them back down, looking at me with his heretical smirk. "Why dont you just sit down before you hurt someone with that toy?"

The gun heated up to the point of melting in my hand. I dropeed it and watched the gun turn into a pile of metal. It seeped into the floor, like an ameoba eating it's prey.

"Now then, would you please have a sit?"

Entry Log 6: Origins

We stood before the last pillar. The light intensified, grew, it became a creature all it's own. A horrific visage of doom. As tall as the pillar itself, its body covered in chitnous, spiked plates. It looked to us with glee, loosing a disheartening rattle for a roar. We turned from it, walking through a path of pure stone. We walked for what seemed like hours. Through stone, dirt, rock, and mud, we came to what seemed like a break in the endless earth.

A dark creature, six feet tall, pure black skin, ivory white hair, and pure silver eyes stood before us, it's dark-age armor clanking and making small sounds as it moved forwars to meet us. It drew forth a rather large, black sword. Made of pure thran. It looked to the side quickly, revealing to us it's newman ears. It looked twoards the spiked creature that had come from the third pillar. Turning to us again, it brought the sword in front of it's face, the bladed side facing twoards us. It looked the blade up and down, and in one fluid movement, turned the sword upside down and struck it into the earth, burying it up to the hilt.

I am the Judicator

A second creature, only it wasnt a creature, except that it was. It looked to be a human hunter in a corrupted state. Were he not corrupted, i would call him a HUmar. He looked to us with soulless eyes. He faced the Judicator, and kneeled.

I am Rekkar, the Impure

I felt a pull from myself, like my very soul being ripped out. My body split itself. I fell to the ground, limp and almost lifeless. I looked forward and saw both my greatest hopes, and my darkest fears come true. He stood, fourteen feet tall, blood-red scales, vast draconic wings, and rot-yellow spines. He stood holding a gargantuan sword, ten feet long, bathed in fresh demonic blood. I searched my mind, and felt it purged from the Infernal. I would have jumped for joy, were i not in complete torper.

I am Cefkuh, general of the blood war, lord of the first, I am the Damned

I then looked to the spined beast. It slammed its head against the ground, and let loose another rattle.

I am the Beast

I looked upon the four, not sure what to do. As i looked, the Judicator looked to me with dissatisfaction.

Where is the Bound?

I heard a voice in my head, and realized that i wasnt rid of Cefkuh yet.

"You are the bound. you are chosen to watch this battle for the unborn."

I nodded my head, and spoke.

I am Chainer, master of beasts, the Bound

The judicator nodded, and started to weave strands of shadow and darkness together. It's hands moved in a ritualistic mannor, creating a vortex of nothing. It then stopped and spoke.

We are the chosen. We are the Damned. We are the Impure. We are the Beast. We are the Bound. We are the Triad. We gather here, on the Sixth hour, on the Sixth day, of the Sixth year. To release our lord Asmodeus' Minion. As was stated to us by Yawgmoth himself, so long ago. I now set in motion the great cataclysm to bring forth this event, and bring the Blood War to this plane as well. With my death, i shall bring your battle forth, and the Last Survivor will be the one left to be worthy of claiming himself the liberator of Crovax.

I watched in horror as the Judicator brought the sword from the earth in an effortless motion, holding it out in front of himself.

I now sheathe the blade within myself, the first act of violence.

The Judicator brought the blade to bear upon itself, letting loose darkness and hate. Malice and lust Ignorance and knowledge. The small area where we were exploded with darkness, creating a great field of black soil, as far as the eye could see. The three combatants stood, eyeing each other. They seemed to be waiting for something, something significant, something holy, as it were.

A crack of thunder, a spark of lightning, and i saw what it was that they were waiting for.

Red lightning struck the ground everywhere, in rapid sucession. The endless sky above turned to a bright blood red, as more lightning rained down. A feirce wind tore through the field of nothing. The ground shuddered with great violence. The sky rained down with blood, creating a dark red film of the stuff over the battlefield. The ground shuddered even more violently, and a spike of stone rushed up under me. I felt my body being held to the obelisk-like stone, misty strands of malevolence holding me there. The lightning struck down even harder, until the blinding red was all that could be seen.

You have your purposes, that is clear. Now I, Asmodeus, give you your bidding, and that is to battle before the Bound, and release Crovax, the Scourge.

EndLog6

Sord
Jan 9, 2004, 02:45 PM
Dark...PERFECT!

MQuantum
Jan 9, 2004, 04:35 PM
Whoah.

Wowie. That was good! Release and evil demon scourge upon the earth! w00t! KaFka for president!

I have a feeling it's going to get violent and bloody soon, and some people are not going to be too happy... Like the ones who get beat.

KaFKa
Jan 9, 2004, 04:52 PM
yes, it was a very good chapter (even in my eyes :surprise:)

what is the square root of -9? (the quickest answer gets the prolouge to the Meteora chronicle http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif)

PM me the answer...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: KaFKa on 2004-01-09 13:53 ]</font>

LadyRedComet
Jan 9, 2004, 09:05 PM
Wow, that was dark (sorta...dunno how else to describe what I think. If I come up with anything I'll pm you). And very cool.

ladyjaderiver
Jan 9, 2004, 10:07 PM
Ooh, nice! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

KaFKa
Jan 10, 2004, 11:38 AM
chapter seven should be up around monday.

congrats to MQuantum and Lady Red Comet for getting my question correct.

LadyRedComet
Jan 10, 2004, 12:19 PM
But wait...you said I got it wrong...

nm...ignore me...I'm an IDIOT!!! *falls out of chair*

KaFKa
Jan 12, 2004, 08:05 PM
chapter seven. the chainer chronicle is nearing the climax. i'll be happy when its done, since i wont have to change it from third to first person...

Pandora Chronicles: Chainer(7)

Entry Log 7: Battle of the Faithless

With that, the lightning stopped, and the battlefield darkened to an endless red twilight. The Beast rattled and charged twoards Cefkuh, its maw opening into a large hole into nothing.

Cefkuh swung his sword into it, knocking the thing back maybe thrity feet. The Impure had somehow manifested itself a claw and charged Cefkuh from behind. Cefkuh spun around, deflecting the blow to the side, and raking his claws across the Impure's back with his open hand. Cefkuh brought up his sword, but was knocked to the ground by the Beast, which in turn started to maul Cefkuh's back and wings.

The Impure stood up, and struck the beast away, it's open hand serving as the medium through which the blow went. Cefkuh rolled away, standing with a large, arcing strike in front of him. The Impure stayed back until Cefkuh had completed his swing. Charging him, the Impure struck a telling blow upon Cefkuh, burying the claw into his chest, raking around in a vile, torturous way.

Cefkuh dropped his sword and proceeded to slam the Impure between his fists, making a thunderous sonicboom as he struck. The Impure immediately went limp, rolling off of Cefkuh's chest, and landing one the wet earth with a dull thud.

Cefkuh stood, his wounds seeming to heal themselves. He reached down and grasped the Impure, sickening cracking sounds coming from the limp body. Cefkuh threw his arm back, flinging the Impure through the unhallowed air, sending him hundreds of feet away. Cefkuh reached for his sword, but was stopped by the Beast jumping on his back and clawing away at him.

Cefkuh roared, the unhallowing sound sent pure fear through my body. I would have ran, were i not chained to the obelisk. Cefkuh burst into flames, red and orange hellfire engulfing both him and the Beast. The flames grew larger and brighter, the hellish heat unbearably searing. The flames grew even larger, twisting and turning, quivering and exploding. The inferno grew larger by the second. Soon it was large enough to be seen by anything on this wasteland.

A bulge in the flame, and the Beast flew out of the pyre, landing loudly on the ground and rolling for a good fifteen feet. The flame twisted around, and started to dissipate. Through the flame Cefkuh could be seen, his steps labored but not heavily. He carried his blade upon one wounded shoulder. He stepped to me, loathe in his eyes.

"Chainer, it is now your turn to die by my hand. Funny, really, how many threats you made to me, only to have your soul banished to hades for eternity by me. You are such a pitiful being."

"Cefkuh, you have no idea what i would do to you were i free."

"And i never will."

Cefkuh swung his sword, aimed perfectly for my chest. The blade came to me, but was stopped by the Impure tackling Cefkuh with it's claws. They rolled on the ground once or twice, and the Impure was able to wrestle the sword from Cefkuh's hand. It tried to jump away, but was caught by Cefkuh's foot, and flew through the air yet again, but this time in the posession of Cefkuh's weapon.

Cefkuh took to the air, out of the reach of the Impure. Pulling his arms back, bright green strobing energies formed in his hands, gathering in power. The Impure jumped away, and started to run at an inhuman rate, trying to get away from Cefkuh's blast. The green ball flew into the Inpure, and the ensuing blast ripped through the earth, leaving nothing but a crater, and a puff of smoke in its wake.

"Well then, where were we?"

Cefkuh walked to the Judicator's burnt body, his limping getting worse. He grasped the Judicator's body by the shoulders, and pulled out the sword that had been shoved through it's chest out. He turned to me, his gaze the unholiest of unholies. He stalked twoards me, blade dragging on the ground. He was about halfway to me, when i heard a far too familiar rattle. The Beast tackled Cefkuh, mauling him as it went down.

Cefkuh managed to knock the Beast away, and sliced at it with the weapon. The blade cut clean through the Beast, seeming to draw it's very life essence away. All that landed was a lifeless shell, clattering to a stop on the muddly ground. Cefkuh paused for a moment, and i watched in horror as his infernal body regenerated itself at an inexplicable rate. His blood stopped dripping, his scales replaced themselves, his wings straightened. He looked at me once more.

The hate coming from that Infernal's eyes was unbearable, it delved into what was left of my soul and twisted and contorted it.

you are mine

Just as Cefkuh invaded my mind once more, he felt a ten foot long sword tear through his infernal heart, killing him.

The Impure stood triumphantly, holding the sword that Cefkuh had taken from the Judicator's body.

I am the Last Survivor

EndLog7

Sord
Jan 12, 2004, 08:10 PM
bit confusing how this all started, but once you get into the fight it's great!

ladyjaderiver
Jan 12, 2004, 08:22 PM
Ooh, nice chapter! You're pretty good with fight scenes. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif And you're good at always keeping me wondering what's happening next.

There, I was more constructive than usual.

KaFKa
Jan 14, 2004, 01:01 AM
yay, jade being more constructive! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

next chapter should be up by the end of the week...ish

MQuantum
Jan 15, 2004, 09:44 PM
ohh!

I almost missed this! ^_^ i won, and it was worth the time it took to send in the answer.

Very good fight scene, I like how the Last survior came about, and its properties. Although I always thought of it as a somewhat good aligned sword, instead of evil...

I am so glad Cefkuh got what he deserved, too.

Though I wonder how Ayame comes to possess the weapon...

KaFKa
Feb 22, 2004, 06:59 AM
bah, after THIS long, this is the best i can come up with? i sicken myself. im starting to regret even starting the chainer fic. blah. oh well, here it is, although i doubt any of you will like it. *sigh*

The Pandora Chronicles: Chainer

Entry Log 8-The Coming of the Dark Lord

I watched as Cefkuh's body quivered and convulsed, being torn apart by the powers at work. As the husk fell, I felt the Infernals damned mind within mine once more. We watched, the Impure taking steps back upon the blasted, black earth.

"And i now release his majesty, Crrooooooovaaaaaaxxx"He screamed with a hoarse, breathless inhale, raising his twistd arms, revealing the grievous woulnds upon his body.

The stone obelisk rose higher, misty darkness and roiling evil emanating from the Impure. With each mounting second, he seemed to lose his inhumanity to the stone, making what one would see as a perfectly good hunter. He stood, holding the Judicator's sword.

A bright, pure white light engulfed the Impure, its power was subtle and good; not forceful and malevolent like that of the darkness. It purged the land and hallowed the blasted wasteland. And through the light, two figures could be seen. As the light dimmed, the Impure kneeled before the second figure, a stoic and sober newman, adorned in archaic ways. His very presence shifted the balance of evil. He held a longsword, which gave off terrific energies and power.

"Tal te ra lakalia, derrenethor."

The words came with such force and power as to cause a maelstrom. The language itself rang with an ancient and archaic tone.

"And why do you come to stop me, pawn. Your masters have sent you to die, as you will soon discover."

An obsidian statue rose from the ground. as the pure power of the light faded, the statue grew more sentient, until it was a perfect vision of the dark lord himself, in all his glory.

"Crovax. One would think that you would have learned from our last meeting,"

"On the contrary, Soun. Our last meeting was a stalemate, and we met on YOUR terms. Although it is a pity, were you to make the same choice as myself, you could be my lieutennant, just as you were back then." The dark lord bellowed, summoning a wicked axe from nothing.

"I am sickened to think that i was once a lieutennant of Crovax the traitorous." Soun said with a sneer, drawing his longsword, and starting to circle.

"Soun, I am somewhat saddened that we should not converse in the language of the light, that you love so much." Crovax said smiling, circling with the exact same motions as Soun.

"Giogata is only for the pure, blasphemer!"

Soun exploded in song and dance, magical energies drifting about the area from the action. He charged Crovax, who was readying himself. Soun dodged to the left, making a strike to the chest, white flame exploding upon his sword. Crovax brought his axe down upon Soun, not caring for his own defense. Soun dexterously spun from the left to the right, moving from under the axe's deathblow. Soun struck a telling blow upon Crovax's chest, the dark lord not even giving as much as a wince as the blade buried itself deep into his hide. As Soun ripped his blade from Crovax, a misty black darkness materialized around Crovax, forming itself and solidifying into wicked black and bloodstained gold armor. Crovax swung his axe in an acrlike motion in front of him, a wave of darkness rushing forth as fast as lightning. Soun summoned his own wave of light, to cancel Crovax's. Soun quickly moved from his previous position, evading a lighning strike from Crovax, who flowed into another strike, with the same grace and precision as Soun had with his longsword. Soun evaded the second blow and went on the offensive, making a diving attack at Crovax's right knee.

Crovax saw it coming and brought the butt of his axe to bear upon Soun's skull. Crovax brought his axe up and struck Soun again with the head of his axe, sending him flying a good thirty feet away. Soun tumbled as he hit the ground, readying for another blow from the dark lord. Crovax rushed at Soun with blinding speed, making a diagonal strike at Soun, who simply jumped away, summoning a bolt of white lightning from his sword, and striking Crovax in the face, backing him up a foot or two.

"Well, i would have expected more from an 'honorable' fighter." Crovax sneered, weaving a spell of his own.

"You have no honor, you wretch."

"Tsk, tsk, now i suppose you will now find out who your true superior is."

Crovax loosed the spell, as thousands of black tendrils shot forth from his outstretched palm, wrapping around a struggling Soun. Slashing the things, Soun managed to not get bound, but he paid for it as Crovax brought his axe into Soun's back, cleaving alost all the way through to his chest. Crovax kicked Soun off of his fouled axe, and looked the downed warrior, licking his lips.

Light had already filled the wound, but healing it would take precious seconds, of which he didnt have. Soun raised his sword, and fired off another bolt of lightning, striking true into Crovax's chest. Crovax spent no time grieving his wound, as he wheeled forward and made another strike twoards Soun.

A large metal sword blocked the decisive blow, drawing the energy from Crovax's axe. The dark lord looked to whom would be bold enough to make such a foolish move. He laid eyes upon the 'Impure', who was now as pure as Soun himself.

"You have served your purpose, whelp!" Crovax roared, bringing a lightning axe strike into the Impure's chest, knocking the poor human away, torn almost in half.

Soun had recovered from his wound, and struck Crovax three times before he could react, twice in the ribs and once in the neck. Crovax swung his axe defensively, missing Soun entirely, who followed the axe's motion and struck another telling blow upon Crovax's chest. Soun leaped away before Crovax could mount a reprisal, and fired another bolt into Crovax's face. Using the distraction Soun weaved to the side, his whole body bursting into white flame. Soun stabbed his sword into Crovax's left flank, the sword delving deep into his flesh. As the sword went it's deepest, it met it's target.

Soun had struck Crovax's void-black heart, and nearly destroyed him in the process. Soun quickly ran to the Impure, and then looked to me.

"Amn el serath, gora" He said with a bow of his head, and disappeared.

The Dark Lord was engulfed in pure white flame, dropping his axe, which dispersed into white mist. Soon he himself was dispersing into a white mist. Then there was nothing but a looming malevolence, and a blasted black landscape, and me, chained to an obsidian obelisk.

"So what now of your great plan, Cefkuh? locked to a damned pillar until we starve to death. What an ending." I said, rolling my eyes.

"Do you really believe that this is the end of your existance, mortal?"

"I'm chained to a fifty foot tall obsidian obelisk, in the middle of a featureless, blasted, black wasteland, in some plane of existance that I shouldnt have even been in in the first place. Yes, Cefkuh, i believe that this is the end of my existance." I said with a sigh. Of course there was going to be yet another 'grand plot' speech fromk Cefkuh, followed by the obligatory 'mortal' slander.

"Chainer, you are the bound. You have only witnessed the first of a series of events. You are to stay here until the final of those events come to pass, then you may ponder the rest of eternity in Hades." Cefkuh said, with almost no emotion whatsoever.

EndLog8

"Then.. how are you...?"

"My dear, pour yourself another drink, for i see you still have much to learn." Chainer said calmly, not even looking up.

ladyjaderiver
Feb 22, 2004, 02:37 PM
OOOOOOOsie... More interesting stuff... I must say I'm glad to see more of this ficcie after such a long pause. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Sord
Feb 22, 2004, 08:43 PM
Well, te fight scenes were relatively good, as usual. Some parts still bring up certain question's though. Such as:

Why didn't Soun go straight for the heart after Crovax knocked the Impure away? If it was long enough to land thee blows, I would think it should have been plenty enough time to stab him in the heart, instead of three blows. Though if you fret about this (though knowing you, you won't) don't take extreme heart to it. A lot of movies do it to.

MQuantum
Feb 22, 2004, 09:35 PM
You may possibly be too hard on yourself, saying that that was terrible. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

I'm just glad to see you back in action. You could have written a three word story about shoes, and I would have been happy. There have been far too few posts from you here lately...

Anyways, welcome back to your story. We've all been waiting a while... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

KaFKa
Feb 23, 2004, 12:05 PM
On 2004-02-22 18:35, MQuantum wrote:
You may possibly be too hard on yourself, saying that that was terrible. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

I'm just glad to see you back in action. You could have written a three word story about shoes, and I would have been happy. There have been far too few posts from you here lately...

Anyways, welcome back to your story. We've all been waiting a while... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

yesm few posts from me indeed. (no, the yesm wasnt misspelt)

to sord: it happened like that for the same reason that the movies do it. for dramatic reasons, and delaying the inevitable. if it aint broke, dont fix it http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

*sigh* i'll get to posting the next chapter eventually. just because i want to go on and start Pandora, and it wont make any sense unless i finish Chainer

KaFKa
Mar 22, 2004, 02:00 AM
wow its been this long? well, here is chapter nine. i found myself some inspiration, and Pandora will be up soon, after i post the epilouge chapter after this one. i really hate how i had to edit this chronicle, but thats how life is, yeah? i hate shortness...

He stopped, finishing off his glass of wine. He seemed to have no ill effects from it, while i was completely and undoubtedly intoxicated. The ruins were warping and spinning, but his words were crystal clear, ringing in my head with the force of a rushing landslide.

Entry Log 9-Freedom

'You are the bound'-Those words rang true, I am bound to an obsidian obelisk, in the middle of an endless wasteland. This is truly where i am bound, to wait for eternity. Such a prestigious life, a high ranking officer on Pioneer, semi-famous, and easily the richest member of the population. And where am I now? rotting away on a piece of glass.

"Chainer, this isnt the end, for you still have your uses."

A thick dark voice rang through the air, snapping me out of my brooding self-pity.

"Then why am I still bound, oh bodyless god of death?" Was my reply, these cryptic words and messages wearing on my patience. "You know that i am useless to you, and am only left to 'fulfill' my purpose; spectate."

"Silence mortal! You have purpose past watching events go by. You have the ability to manifest yourself, just like your little friend Cefkuh, who has yet to pay his debt to Yawgmoth."

"Cefkuh is nothing but a conniving worm, and so are you, so go about your purposes and leave me be." I scolded, with blatant disregard for any semblance of honor.

"It seems it would be best to force it upon you, in the interest of time."

"Interest of time? This has been told to happen thousands of years in the past, and now there is no time?"

Just as that was said, i felt my mind leave my body, rushing through space, i could see lights and darkness, colors and greys. I heard things, but was envolped by silence. Rushing forwards, with no time to hang on to a single thing.

Then there was a reprieve, and my body felt... free.

I looked around, and saw that i was standing outside the central dome, fully robed and well rested.

"This comes at a price, mortal. You are to find a specimen of greaat physical ability for me to use as a host. Do this, and you are free to do of your will. Fail me, and death will not come soon enough."

EndLog9

ladyjaderiver
Mar 22, 2004, 08:25 PM
oooooh... Wow, I did not realize this was almost over. I feel stupid now. Anyhoo... Nice, though a bit brief.

Sunblast
Mar 23, 2004, 06:26 AM
A bit short, but still quite sweet. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif