PDA

View Full Version : FanFic: the 'Offline adventures' (Tentative title)

SpikeOtacon
Dec 7, 2003, 09:51 AM
Phantasy Star Online: The offline adventures

Chapter one: Genesis

Neo looked down upon the city from the hunters area. People were bustling about, screaming and yelling, all gathering near the viewing screens. News broadcast aired footage of a large explosion on the surface of ragol. Neos android hearing and vision helped him overhear a conversation between a group of people.

"Wel..he..ar about the....sion?"
The sound was too choppy. No use in listening anyways. The RAcast turned around and began to walk towards the transporter leading to the principal's office. Earlier this morning, he was called down to the city because of a mission that the principal was asking all hunters to do. Neo had just gotten a new paint job; his armor was a dark green color. The color went along well with his Viridia hunters badge. He turned the corner and went into the transporter into the principal's office. When he arrived, he looked around. He saw stars all around, and a straight, somewhat narrow walkway that lead to the principal and his secretary. There were also scientists present.
"Great," Neo thought to himself aloud. "I hate scientists."
Neo walked forward and up to the principal?s desk.
"Are you the Ranger, Neo?" he asked his voice gruff and low.
"Yes, sir." Neo responded, standing at attention.
"At ease, Neo. This isn't a military exercise. I know that you used to be a military bot, but those days are over. You are a hunter now, understood?" the principal said. Neo stood still for a bit.
"No sir, I cannot forget my training and what I was taught." He finally said. The principal chuckled.
"Alright Neo, listen up. It seems that there has been an explosion on Ragol, and we need some hunters to go down and see what it was. Neo, go down to the surface and report with what you see. Do you accept?"
Neo stood still for a bit, and finally answered with a crisp
"YES SIR."
"Good." The Principal said. "Now, we have assembled a small team for backup incase. This is your team." Screens popped up in front of Neo, and each of the three screens had a face put on it.

The first one told of a HUmar named Tristan, who was one of the best swordsmen onboard. He had brown hair that was just left the way it was when we woke up, apparently.

The second one showed a RAmar named Lance. Lance was wearing a black facemask over most of his face, only exposing from his eyes on up to his hairline. Lance?s blonde hair was arranged in large spikes, his hair could probably kill.

The third showed a young FOmarl named Tonya. She had black hair that just barely stuck out from underneath of a large, pillar like hat. However, as he was reading info on Tonya, the screen started blinking red, and the word ?Deceased? flashed above her face.
"Damn it. There goes another one." The principal sighed, and lowered the screens. "Neo, we've been shorthanded, we need you to find your other teammates as well as find a replacement for Tonya. Report to the city. You can find Lance and Tristan in the blue light district. Tristan will probably be in the bar. As for lance, well?.he could be anywhere there. Good luck Neo." The principal signaled for the transporter to be fired up again. Neo began to walk away, but...
"Neo?.." The principal said in a weary voice. Neo turned around to look at the principal. The principal stalled. "Uh..It's nothing, never mind." Neo was confused, but walked toward the transporter. He warped back into the city. Neo hailed an air cab, and took off for the blue light district.

The blue light district was a pretty dark place, hard to see where you were walking. Neo walked down the streets, using the blue lights on the sides of the road as guidelines. There were lots of Civilians partying, getting high, and having a 'good time'. Neo turned his head to look away, only to lay his eyes upon the bar. There, in front of the bar, lay Tristan on the ground, throwing up. Tristan had thrown up all over Lance's exquisite blue suit.
"Damn it, Tristan! Look at this mess! You've ruined this suit! Do you have any idea how much this cost me?! 900,000 Meseta and It's CANADIAN!!" Lance yelled. Tristan continued to throw up.
Neo walked over to them. Lance looked up at him.
"Hey, are you Neo?" Lance asked in a low voice, almost with no tone. Lance recognized the details from the screen the principal had shown him.
"Yes, I am. I trust you and Tristan are getting along well?" Neo joked.
"No, we aren't." Lance replied, not catching the joke. He kicked Tristan. "Tristan, off the ground, look! It's Neo; we finally get to go down to the surface!" Tristan slowly pulled himself up. Bags were under his eyes, and his face was red. Tristan nodded.
"How do you do?" Tristan asked, falling face first onto the ground.
"Is he always like this?" Neo asked.
"I have no clue." Lance answered. "Do you mind if we go get another suit for me since this one is ruined?"
"Sure," Neo said. "Let's go."
They picked up Tristan and helped him walk as they went to 'Zanibare's clothing Shoppe'

END Chapter: Genesis.

SpikeOtacon
Dec 7, 2003, 10:40 AM
Chapter 2: Lost and found again

the three of them stood in Zanibare's clothing Shoppe while Lance tried on a suit nearly identical to his old one. He came out wearing the suit, and looked at Tristan and Neo.
"Well guys, what do you think? Same as the last one?" He asked.
Tristan laughed.
"Nope. It doesn?t have my puke all over it." Tristan said jokingly. Neo let out a small chuckle.
"Shut up, Tristan." Lance said. A beautiful young HUnewearl came up to lance. She wore the store's employee attire, which showed a lot of skin from her mid torso up to her upper stomach. Her chest was much more apparent now, and lance couldn't help but look at them for a brief moment, then look at her to her face. He saw her eyes were a deep ocean blue, and her hair was a green tuft.
"Did you find what you were looking for, sir?" She asked in a soothing voice.
"Ye..Yes I did. This one's identical to the old one. I'll take it." Lance responded. The clerk giggled.
"It does look really good on you. It brings out your eyes." She responded. From underneath his facemask, Lance was blushing.
"...Thanks miss." He said.
"Ok sir, your suit is on sale today for 1,650,123 Meseta. Should I charge to your account?" The clerk asked. Lance's eyes widened.
"1,650,123?!" He thought to himself. "That's it. Tristan is going to reimburse me for HALF of that!"
"Sure." Lance said a small smirk on his face. "But can we do a double charge? He's paying for half of it." Lance pointed to Tristan.
"Of course sir." She said, scanning his retina. Half of the money was charged from his account. Neo brought Tristan over, and she scanned his retina.
"Sir, it seems that he only has 119 Meseta in his account. The rest of them money has been automatically charged to your account. Here is your receipt, a copy is on our records as well as one has been sent to your Bank account. Thank you sir and have a nice day." She said, handing him a small piece of paper. Lance stood completely in shock. Neo grabbed him by the nape of his neck and dragged Tristan out too. They left the store, and he set them on the street.
"Lance, are you gonna be ok?" Neo asked. Lance looked at Tristan with a glare in his eyes.
"YOU SON OF A BITCH!!" Lance yelled as he jumped on top of Tristan, slamming his head on the ground. "1,650,123 Meseta!! That took me YEARS to save up!!!" Neo pulled Lance off of Tristan. Tristan just lay on the ground, laughing a drunken laugh. His face had some small bruises but nothing big.
"Listen!" Neo yelled at Lance. "Our team is in bad enough shape, we don't need you two fighting!"
Lance looked up at Neo.
"What do you mean 'bad enough shape'?"
Neo sighed.
"We had another team member, remember? Tonya? Well, bad news, she passed away earlier today. We need to find a replacement." Neo said. Tristan looked up.
"So..that means that we go looking for someone else, AND THEN we can go to the planet?" Tristan asked.
"Yes, Tristan. It means that we have to find someone else." Neo responded.
"Then let's not waste time." Lance said. "We need to get a move on!" The three of them walked up and down the streets, asking everyone if they were a hunter and if they would like to join their group. No luck. Everyone was already busy with other things, or looked at them as if they were crazy. They finally came upon a FOmar who was sleeping in an alley way. He was wearing a beautiful robe, delicately sewn and colorful. The Black fabric made the Red string and lace show up more intensely. He had a bluefull Badge. He must have been a great fighter. They slowly approached him.
"Excuse me, pal." Lance said to the sleeping Force.
"EXCUSE ME!!!" Tristan yelled, laughing strangely. The FOmar snapped his eyes open, and looked up to see the three hunters standing in front of him.
"AHHHH!!!" He screamed, getting up quickly. Neo grabbed his arm.
"Listen." Neo said. "Why are you out here like this?" Dragon sneered a bit.
"I got put out here because no one will let me stay in an apartment. All of the maids get annoyed with me, because I like to mess around with them and..." Dragon stopped there. "Wait, why do you care?"
"Just asking. Look, we noticed your bluefull badge, and wanted to ask you if you would like to help us on a little mission. Principal's orders and all that." Neo said.
"Can't see the principal. His secretary hates me because I tried to grab her in public." Dragon lowered his head.
"You are a perv, aren?t you?" Lance asked. "Well we'd better make sure that we don't get any Females on our team."
"If you can keep yourself in line, and help us out in combat, we?ll provide you with a place to stay." Neo said to dragon, ignoring Lance. Dragon's eyes opened wide.
"Really? You can get me a place to stay?" He asked. Neo nodded.
"Count me in, then!" Dragon said cheerfully.
Neo looked at his team. A drunken swordsman, a temperamental sharpshooter, and a perverted Force.
"What a wonderful world this is." Neo said to himself as they went off to see the principal.

END CHAPTER: lost and found again

Sunblast
Dec 7, 2003, 11:32 AM
OK, that story is pretty funny so far. However, I do have some constructive criticism. First, you never actually introduced Dragon. You would be best off simply having one of the characters ask his name. Next, the clerk at the clothes store. You said she was a HUnewearl, right? Well, they could have asked her to help them. If you did not mean her to be a HUnter, then you could simply say she's a newman girl. Also, your main character is an android. Is he one of the ones with personalities? I ask this, because you had him making jokes, hating scientists, and he was trained in the military instead of programmed. I hope this has helped you out, and again, very funny stuff. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

SpikeOtacon
Dec 7, 2003, 11:46 AM
On 2003-12-07 08:32, Sunblast wrote:
OK, that story is pretty funny so far. However, I do have some constructive criticism. First, you never actually introduced Dragon. You would be best off simply having one of the characters ask his name. Next, the clerk at the clothes store. You said she was a HUnewearl, right? Well, they could have asked her to help them. If you did not mean her to be a HUnter, then you could simply say she's a newman girl. Also, your main character is an android. Is he one of the ones with personalities? I ask this, because you had him making jokes, hating scientists, and he was trained in the military instead of programmed. I hope this has helped you out, and again, very funny stuff. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Thank you for your critic of my story. I am extremly happy to hear that you like it. As for your critisism, Allow me to piece together some things, as well as tell you that I have realized a few things myself.
1. Dragon wasn't formally introduced because they were desparate. All of them were. Dragon was desparate for a home (You'll find out a lot more on that later), and Neo needed his team.
2. The clerk already had a job at the moment, and wasn't wearing her badge. I used the 'HUnewearl' as the discriptive word that way you knew what her basic body frame was like.
3. Yes, Neo is an android with a personality. His past is shady to you the reader at the moment, and all you know is that he was a military bot. But there is more to it, and I promise you that you will find out what it is.
Once again, thank you so much for the critisism, I am always looking for input.

SpikeOtacon
Dec 7, 2003, 12:08 PM
Chapter 3: The surface

Soon enough the four of them were on their way to go to the planet's surface. They had visited the shopping district, bought new equipment and first aid materials such as monomates and monofluids. They got back together in a circle by the storage room.
"Alright, what's everyone got?" Neo asked, pulling out his rifle. The chrome finish was wonderful, defiantly well taken care of. The green Photon stick on the bottom glowed with a strange glow.
Lance pulled out a handgun, simple yet elegant. Tristan pulled out a Saber, in extreme disgust.
"They wouldn't let me get my swords." He said.
Dragon pulled out a cane. Lance chuckled.
"Is THAT your weapon? A walking stick?!" Lance let out a laugh.
"It's not a walking stick, it's a cane. And if you must know this is only for emergency situations." Dragon responded sharply. "Besides, I only really use my magic."
"Ok, ok. Come on, let's not fight." Neo said. The others nodded.
The small group walked towards the transporter to go down to the planet. Two military men stood on either side of the door to the transporter. The military men nodded, seeing their Badges, and opened the door. The door opened like a Giant garage door, moving upwards and out of sight. The transporter lay in front of them, glowing and pulsating with light. Dragon looked into the center of the transporter.
"It's...beautiful.." he said, amazed at the greatness of this particular transporter. Neo moved forward into it, and motioned for the others to do the same. One by one, they got into the transporter. Finally, Neo hit the button on the center and off they went.
Everything was black, but they could all feel a strange wind moving past them. This was unlike any transporter they had ever been in. Lance tried to open his mouth, but found that it would not respond. ZAP!
The four of them stood on a grassy area, with white boxes behind them. The flowers blossoming were pretty, and the tall grasses and trees swayed with the gentle breeze.
"...whoa." Dragon said. "This is amazing!" He bent over and picked a flower. The flower had delicate yellow petals, with orange 'viens'
"Come on; let's follow this small path over there." Neo said, pointing to a small path that lead up a small hill, and went off to the right. The four of them drew their weapons, and walked slowly, single file. As they turned with the path, they saw a photon fence. It was blue, which meant that they could pass through it. Behind the fence was a large area, with more grass, trees, and boxes. They walked through the fence, and each walked to a corner of the area. They looked for signs of the explosion, but nothing looked damaged or scarred.
HWRRRRRRAARRRR!!!!
Dragon felt the ground lift from underneath him, and three odd looking, bear like creatures came out of the ground. Dirt flew into Dragon's face, and he stepped back a few paces. The 'bears' had large claws, and teeth that looked very sharp. Neo and Lance turned to them. Neo took aim onto one of the three 'bears'. His data banks clicked, and a name registered for the monster-like bears.
"Booma" he said. "That's what they are called. Usually calm creatures." As he said that, one of the boomas raised their claw and struck dragon in the face. Dragon got knocked back by the blow, and felt the skin of his face cut, and begins to bleed a bit. He retaliated with a quick foie blast to the boombas stomach. The Booma looked at Dragon, and simply shook off the attack. Some of the boomas fur was singed by the foie's fire blast. Neo opened fire onto the one that attacked Dragon. Lance opened fire as well, but missing a few times. The other two boomas broke out into a pace towards Neo and Lance. At last the Booma that attacked Dragon fell to the ground, and his body boiled over, leaving a puddle of blood on the ground. Lance was struck on the shoulder by a Booma.
"AAAAYAYAYAYAIIEEEE!!!!!!!" Tristan yelled in a sort of 'battle cry' He rushed the Booma that was attacking Lance. As he cut into the Booma, he could feel the thickness of the skin and bones through the saber. He pulled the saber out, and struck a blow to the boomba's head. The Booma died, boiling into a pool of blood much like the other one. The Final Booma approached them, and they all let out onto it. A foie blast from Dragon, a gut wrench attack from Tristan, and Gunshots from Neo and Lance.
The Booma fell quickly, and boiled over, leaving behind a small amount of Meseta. Neo picked up the Meseta.
"Odd." He said, sticking it in his money pouch.
Another group of enemies approached them, this time they were dog-like creatures. Except they didn't have fur, they had a scale like covering in either a Tan or Blue color. They attacked the creatures with no mercy, taking the four of them down in mere seconds. They noticed that no more enemies seemed to be coming. So they broke open the boxes and found spare handguns and Meseta. Finally, Lance went over to Dragon and used a monomate. The face cuts healed almost instantly.
Dragon pressed the switch that was near a door, and the door clicked and unlocked. The door slowly slid open, and they all walked through it. The path that they followed was surrounded with more flowers and tall grass. As they approached the next door, they stopped to notice a small voice recorder left behind.
Neo approached it, but for some reason it would not play.
"Must have left it because it broke." Neo said, turning to the door. The door opened up, and they saw a yellow chicken like thing, swaying back and forth. Little antennas sticking out from it?s head.
"Rag Rappy." Lance said. "I've heard about a scientist who got really obsessed with these things..." The four of them slowly approached it, and rushed it. It fell to the ground after only a few hits from Tristan's saber, but didn't disintegrate like all the others so far. It lay there, not moving. They moved on to attack another one, but the Rappy got back up and ran for the tall grass. Neo turned right away and fired at it, hitting it and causing it to drop a box. However, it still got away. Lance went over to pick up the box, and the others took care of the other Rappy. This time they waited patiently after it fell, and attacked it when it tried to escape.
The room was cleared, and the door unlocked. This went on for quite some time. They would ambush each enemy, and collect the rewards.
Soon enough they got into another transporter. It sent them to the other part of the forest, near central dome.
Soon enough, they came to a spot with a lot of the dog like things.
After they were obliterated, a large bear/gorilla thing came out of nowhere and let out a loud holler.
"Oh shit, I think we pissed it off!" Dragon said, cowering in fear. The creature attacked Neo, sending him flying back a few feet. Lance saw this, and quickly ran behind the creature, tearing into it with the Handgun. Dragon continually cast foie, but to seemingly no effect WHATSOEVER. Neo got up, and opened fire at the creature, muttering the word "hildebear" to himself. After a few minutes of running around and attacking, avoiding being hit and repeating the process, it finally fell. It left behind a Trimate, the best healing item for wounds. Lance picked it up, while Tristan tried his hardest to walk in a straight line.
"Hehehe..." He laughed as he drunkenly paced back and forth.
After a few more rooms, they came across another Hildebear that dropped an android's arm when it died.
"What the hell?" Neo said, looking at the arm. It was a HUcast type arm. They left it there, as they continued to advance. They finally came to a raised area where a large, rectangular transporter laid. After they sniped off the hildebear, they approached it.
While they approached it, they noticed that the main entrance to the central dome was broken, and electrified.
"Wow, this one's bigger than the one on the ship!" Tristan said, stumbling over to it. "Should we go in?"
"We don't really have a choice; there isn't anywhere else to go." Lance said.
Dragon nodded.
All of them got into the middle of the transporter, and used up a healing item each to prepare for whatever was on the other side.

END CHAPTER: The surface

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SpikeOtacon on 2003-12-07 10:20 ]</font>

SpikeOtacon
Dec 7, 2003, 12:51 PM
Chapter 4: Breath from the Underworld

When they got to the other end of the transporter, they looked around. The area was like a cave, the walls were pure dirt and rock. It was really hot in there. They turned and noticed that parts of the wall had pipes and a door sticking out. This was central dome.
Flap! Flap! Flap!
They heard a noise coming out from behind them. They turned to see a large dragon-like creature come down from the 'ceiling' and land on its feet. Its wings outstretched, it let out a loud cry followed by flames coming from its mouth.
It began to walk towards them. Neo lifted his rifle, and took aim for the head.
"Quickly, Lance! Get behind it! Tristan, flank it's legs! Dragon, cast foie on it!" Neo yelled. The others nodded, and ran to their positions while Neo opened fire on the dragon?s head. Tristan slashed at the legs of the dragon, tearing small chunks of flesh and scales off of the legs. Lance opened fire on its back, and Dragon cast foie every so often so that he could help deal damage.
At last, the dragon fell to the ground, and laid there. Neo walked up to it, and saw that its eyes were still moving and it was still breathing. He opened fire on it again, and everyone else soon followed. The dragon got up, and they all moved back quickly. It Let out a roar, and jumped up into the air. It stayed in the air for a bit, and then it came crashing down into the ground. It left a small lava pit where it went under. The ground from behind lance came up, and began to move incredibly quickly. The ground broke, and moved in a straight line. Lance felt his knee buckle, and he fell over. The ground once again lifted at a certain part, and began to move. Neo had remembered seeing this once before in an old cartoon from the old world staring a character named 'bugs bunny'. The ground rushed him, and he went flying up into the air, his leg armor scraping up against the rock. When he hit the ground, he stood back up.
The ground rushed once more, this time sending Tristan flying through the air. Tristan tried to get up, but his arm had been broken from the impact. He reached for a monomate, and healed it. The dragon popped out from the ground, and landed. All of them rushed the dragon, attacking their respective places. The dragon let out a final cry, spewing fire as it fell to the ground and disintegrates. It left behind roughly 2000 Meseta, and they went around collecting the boxes? items.
"YEAH!!! We did it, we killed that big thing!" Tristan let out in a drunken yell. He fell to the ground, throwing up. Dragon and Lance helped Tristan get to his feet, while Neo activated the transporter that lead back to Pioneer 2.
They all got in, intent and happy with what they had just accomplished, and went back to Pioneer 2.

END CHAPTER: Breath from the Underworld

Robo47
Dec 7, 2003, 01:15 PM
Awesome fic! But you misspelled 'Booma' in the 3rd chapter.

SpikeOtacon
Dec 7, 2003, 01:21 PM
EDIT: Fixed. Thanks for that spot, Robo47. I can't believe I added a 'b' in the name!

SpikeOtacon
Dec 7, 2003, 02:09 PM
Chapter 5: Suspicions set in

The group went off to the principal right away. Neo informed the principal of the vicious nature of the creatures.
"...and the dog things were like this!" Dragon said, getting on his hands and knees, impersonating the movement of the creatures.
The others laughed at the sight, only because it was so convincing, yet stupid at the same time.
Dragon got back up and saw that the principal's secretary was there.
"Uh oh." He thought aloud. He noticed she was holding a handgun, finger on the trigger. Dragon began to back off. As he ran towards the transporter back to town, she fired off a few shots, barely missing him by inches. The secretary put the gun away, and sat back in her chair.
"Well...these ARE some strange findings." The Principal said at last. "And the dragon attacked you?"
"Yes." Tristan and Lance say in unison.
"Hmmm".I must ask you to continue your investigation. I have another hunter in the Caves we found. I'll contact him and have him take you with him so that you can speed up your findings.
He'll look for you by the hunter's guild. His name is Shinobi."
A screen popped up in front of Neo, and it showed a Picture of Shinobi. Shinobi was a HUcast; his armor is a brilliant color of Red, Black, and White. His Glowing red eyes seemed to pierce his robot mind. Lance got a bit creeped out. He had a Redria badge, so he was an excellent fighter, and wonderful at close range combat.
"We will gather more supplies, and await him." Neo said.
"Good luck." The Principal said. Neo, Lance, and Tristan turned and walked though the transporter.

Meanwhile on the surface, Nick was walking through the forest. Nick was a HUcast that had orange and pink armor, kind of a cruel joke by his maker. He walked up the path, and as soon as he went into the room, six Rag Rappies came down from the sky. They all turned and looked at Nick, who was shaking.
"Now, now...Good chickens..." Nick said nervously. The Rag Rappies made a squeaking sound, and they all jumped on Nick at the same time.
"Ahhhhh!!! Help me! I'm being violated by Giant Chickens!!!" Nick yelled as the Rappies killed him, and pecked continuously at his armor. Finally after a while, the hospital teleported Nick's body to the emergency room, where he lay to await treatment.

Back on the ship, everyone had gotten more healing supplies. Tristan finally got access to his bank account, and withdrew his favorite swords.
"What did you get?" Lance asked.
Tristan pulled out three blades. A Last Survivor, an Ancient Saber, and a Durendal. The Last Survivor was a sword made purely of steel and re-enforced by photon energy. The Ancient Saber looked like a single handed sword of ancient times. Tristan re-named it the 'Master Sword' since most other swords from it's time were modeled after it. And the Durendal, the photon blade shaped like an epee, was Tristan's Favorite saber.
"Whoa! How did you get those?!" Dragon asked in surprise. Tristan laughed.
"Well, I just found them. I am a sword collector, and I just so happened to collect them." Tristan responded. "Hold on, I'm too sober." Tristan said, taking out a bottle of vodka and downing it.
Soon his cheeks went red, and he began to stumble again.
"Much better..." he said. The group waited by the hunters guild for a few hours, and no one came by. Finally they went into the hunter's guild. The woman behind the counter saw dragon, and pulled out a pair of Mechguns.
"Stay out of here, you perv!" she yelled. "The rest of you can come in, just not Dragon."
"That's your name, is it?" Lance said. "Dragon?"
"Yeah..." Dragon said, walking out of the hunter's guild.
The rest of them went over to the counter. The young woman behind the counter was wearing a blue guild clerk?s uniform, and had blonde hair.
"Oh, I know you! You are the team that the Principal was talking about!" She said with a smile on her face. A very fake smile.
"He said for me to tell you that Shinobi is down on the surface in the caves, there is a telepipe that will take you to him over there." She said, pointing to an active telepipe. Neo nodded.
"Thank you, is there anything else?" Neo said.
"No, that's it." She said. "DRAGON!!! Your team is about to leave! Get your ass in here and go with them!" She yelled out towards the door. Dragon ran inside, and ran to Neo's side. They all went into the telepipe.
When they reached the other side, they saw a HUcast with red and black armor bent over something. Upon further inspection, they saw a MAG lying on the ground, its case left there, but it was empty. They looked around. There were crystals of some type of mineral sticking out of the walls, and unfinished Photon fences and whatnot. Whatever was down here didn?t finish what they started. Neo looked over the HUcast's Shoulder to see that he was eating a MAG. Part of the HUcast's face armor was removed as It tore into the MAG, pulling it's insides out. The MAG let out a small beep of pain, then died. Neo backed off. The HUcast turned to look at them all.
"Oh." It said in a blank, colorless tone. "Hello there. You must be the hunters that the Principal was talking about. I?m Shinobi." He said, re-attaching part of his face armor. They looked at him, unsure of what to say...

END OF CHAPTER 5: Suspicions set in

SpikeOtacon
Dec 8, 2003, 04:28 PM
Chapter 6: A river of betrayal

Shinobi stood there, looking at all of them while they stared at him.
"What?" he said confused. Neo shook his head.
"A perverted mage, a drunken swordsman, a temperamental sharpshooter and now a MAG eater?..what next?" Neo said to himself.
"You are...just..sick." Dragon said to Shinobi. Shinobi turned to his direction and stared Dragon right in the eye.
"What, because I use MAGs as a source of energy? You people have NO idea how healthy those things are for you! I've..." Shinobi was cut off.
"ENOUGH!!" Lance yelled. "What the hell are we doing?! We've got a job to do, now let's DO IT AND GET IT OVER WITH!!!"
Tristan laughed. "I actually think that was pretty cool.." Neo growled.
"Shinobi, what have you found down here?" Neo asked.
"Well, I have seen a lot of odd looking creatures down here. I've already sent the data to the Principal. Nothing too bad in my opinion. However, I will need help as I have discovered this..." Shinobi walked over to the door, and showed them a large, rectangular transporter.
"Uh oh," Dragon said. "It's like the one we saw at the dragon's place!"
"Shut up, Dragon." Lance said. "You didn't do anything to help us out on that one!" Dragon got angry.
"I DID TOO! I CAST FOIE ON IT UNTIL I COULDN'T ANYMORE!!" He yelled.
"...did you ever consider that you weren't doing any damage, because he's used to fire and high temperatures?" Lance asked. Dragon's head fell to his chest, sighing.
"No".I didn't." Dragon said.
"Stop it you two. Come on, into the transporter!" Neo yelled.
The four of them nodded, and followed Shinobi into the transporter. They went through it, and when they came out the other side, they had been taken to a raft of some kind. Floating in the sewage, the raft was kind of old. From behind them, they felt waves. They looked back to see a giant lobster-like creature come out from the water, and let out a yell.
"Watch his movements carefully!" Shinobi said as a word of advice. Shinobi drew out his weapon, the Stag Cutlery. Two brilliant blades of red charged photon extended out, and Shinobi equipped his greatest MAG, Dwirari. Tristan smiled and drew out his Last Survivor, while the others stood there with their generic weaponry.
"Come on you guys, now's not the time to get jealous!" Tristan said. Suddenly five spikes were shot onboard the raft. Blinking a strange glowing red color, the spikes began to give off some sort of gas.
"Look out, something's not right about them!" Dragon yelled. The spikes exploded one by one as the Lobster moved next to the raft.
"Port side, attack!" Shinobi yelled. Neo and Lance fired at it, while Tristan and Shinobi stood there. Dragon casted foie, but moaned as he was doing so, not sure if it was gonna do any good.
The Lobster thing moved back, and threw itself onto the raft.
"Attack!" Tristan yelled out loud as he began to tear into it with his steel blade. Shinobi attacked mainly the 'face' of the creature. Soon, one of its tentacles came slamming down onto Tristan, tearing his clothing a bit. Angered by this, Tristan continued to strike but much more ferociously now.
Shinobi used his MAG's Photon Blast, and the others watched in amazement as the photon creature opened up and let out a lot of black bulbs as well as a lightning bolt. Everything went blank.
Neo later awoke, but to find that he could not move. He desperately tried to, but nothing worked. He saw everyone else still knocked out, except for Shinobi. Shinobi saw that Neo was awake, and approached him.
"Hehehe...Thanks for the Meseta, fellow hunter. It will help me out a lot. I'll let the principal know that you and your team are dead..." Shinobi trailed off.
"Wait...!" Neo said, but Shinobi had already taken off with the Meseta and Items that were found. Left there, Neo activated his Distress beacon to Pioneer 2 in hopes that they will realize that they are still alive.

Meanwhile back on Pioneer 2, Nick lay in the ER room at the hospital. A cute young nurse in her early twenties came into his room while he lay there in the hospital bed.
"How are you feeling sir?" She asked in a motherly voice.
"Just fine, thank you." Nick replied. The nurse walked off. Nick laid in his bed, Passing the time away by counting how many tiles there were on the ceiling.
Meep!
Nick heard this odd noise, and looked around the room. Where had he heard this before?
MEEP!
He realized it was coming from under the bed. He closed his eyes, thinking it was a rusty bed. However, he felt something get on his chest. He looked up to see a Rag Rappy there.
"Oh god, not again..." Nick whined.

END OF CHAPTER: A river of betrayal

KaFKa
Dec 8, 2003, 07:36 PM
read this (http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=71031&forum=12&12) it'll make your fic much better spike...

SpikeOtacon
Dec 8, 2003, 08:03 PM
KaFKa, I'd appreciate it if you told me what my story is lacking, or weak on. Constructive critisism is much better than simply being slammed into a tutorial. What if I have a different writing style than others? That would mean that I have other ways to pull things together.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SpikeOtacon on 2003-12-08 17:04 ]</font>

Sord
Dec 8, 2003, 08:16 PM
1.funny yet serious fic, i wonder what's going to happen to Nick next (hehehe).

2. Weird, you made Tristan like me, brown hair thats looks like it just got out of bed, sword collector (i admire real ones and i collect pso ones), and I would probably act like that if i got drunk.

3.Great fic, next due date?

SpikeOtacon
Dec 8, 2003, 08:40 PM
On 2003-12-08 17:16, Sord wrote:
1.funny yet serious fic, i wonder what's going to happen to Nick next (hehehe).

hehehe...Well, you just have to wait to find out.

2. Weird, you made Tristan like me, brown hair thats looks like it just got out of bed, sword collector (i admire real ones and i collect pso ones), and I would probably act like that if i got drunk.

he's actually based off of one of my friends. But hey, that's cool that you are like him. What kind of swords in partcular (Real ones) are you into? PM me to answer that.

3.Great fic, next due date?
Tomorrow afternoon, if possible.

Sord
Dec 9, 2003, 06:20 PM
okay, today is tomorow afternoon now where's the next chapter *totaly ignores the word possably*

SpikeOtacon
Dec 9, 2003, 06:28 PM
Just got the Pirates of The Caribbean DVD. Got sidetracked like I didn't want to. Tomorrow morning.
Once again, if possible.

Sord
Dec 9, 2003, 06:49 PM
*begins hitting head on the wall mumbling* damnit, damnit, damnit

SpikeOtacon
Dec 9, 2003, 09:40 PM
Edit: Nevermind. I got busy and need the day to sort things out.
**sigh**
Sometime before friday is all I can say as of right now.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SpikeOtacon on 2003-12-10 10:41 ]</font>

Sord
Dec 10, 2003, 04:29 PM
*finaly breaks the wall and starts on the floor*

SpikeOtacon
Dec 11, 2003, 05:28 PM
Due to an overwhelming amount of work presented to me, The next chapter may be delayed as far as monday of next week.
I'm sorry for anyone who was been awaiting the next chapter paitently. Just give it some time.

SpikeOtacon
Dec 13, 2003, 01:59 PM
This fic is on hold.
I have personal things that need to be taken care of, a Major case of writers block, and an overall depressed feeling.
Sorry for the inconvinience.

SpikeOtacon
Dec 13, 2003, 08:31 PM
Chapter 7: The last survivors

Neo awoke inside of the Hospital, medical equipment hard at work on him. He tried to get a better look around the room, but the nurse behind him set his head back down against the pillow of the bed, and held it there. Neo struggled to move, but still couldn't feel his body.
"What's going on?" Neo asked the nurse. The nurse looked at him.
"Well....It seems like you have been paralized. We can get it to wear off, we just need you to be still for a bit." She said. Neo relaxed, and put himself into a sleep mode.
Several hours later, he awoke in the bed. His first reaction was to try to move. Bingo! His legs and arms moved when he told them to! He sat up in his bed. A nurse walking by his room noticed the movement.
"Oh sir, how are you feeling?" She asked, poking her head in the doorway.
"uh...just fine I guess. I can move again." He replied. She smiled.
"That's good to hear, sir."
"Excuse me, miss? What happened to the others that were in my party?" Neo asked. The nurse's face twisted a bit.
"Uh...I recall you being the only one they brought back."
"No way," Neo thought aloud. "What happened to Tristan and Lance, and Dragon!?" The nurse came over to him. The sound of her boots making a tapping noise on the tile floor seemingly shook the room. All of the equipment was lightwieght, and the slightest thing could knock it over. The nurse knelt next to Neo's bed.
"Sir...you were the only one they brought in." She said. Neo laid back.
"Where could they have gone?" He thought to himself.

Tristan's eyes opened up, a bright light welcoming him. He rubbed his eyes as he got up. The hangover made it hard for him to see too far. He was in a hotel room. A nice one at that. Photon TV, a Gameboy Advance Squared lay on the table infront of him. Dragon laid on the floor next to him. Lance was sitting up in a chair, unconsious. A figure moved from the bathroom.
A HUmar came out. He wore a White suit with Blue padding. His Skyly badge matched his suit well.
"Hey, you're awake." He said, his voice deep and rough. "I'm Otacon. I found you on the surface. You didn't have any distress beacons on you, so I took you guys back here. Don't worry, though. Everything's ok. All of your weapons are intact."
Tristan's head began to spin, and he passed out again.

End Chapter: The last survivors

Sord
Dec 13, 2003, 08:59 PM
poor trisantan, this is a lesson to all, if you ever drink, never stop! well, that was pointless...

The chapter was kind of short, but it's new material to me and i'm happy.

SpikeOtacon
Dec 30, 2003, 09:53 PM
Chapter 8: A clash of Metal

Neo stood outside of the hospital fully healed and his wallet empty.
"Bastards." he said to himself. "They only take 10 meseta when they heal you, why do they take all of it to do it, only reviving you?" Neo grumbled to himself as he walked to the bank to withdraw his emergency supply of weapons/healing items.
"I'm gonna find Shinobi and turn his armor inside out..." He said as the lady at the counter handed him an Inferno Bazooka, Justy 23ST, and a Yasminkov 2000H. Neo had kept them hidden for a special occasion, and lucky him he was just able to use them with all the black market modifications done to him.
"Buying those God/Arms was a really good Idea. I would NEVER be able to handle these on my own without them!" Neo put 10 monomates in his pocket, and headed off for the city.

"So...let me get this straight..."
Tristan awoke on the floor hearing Lance talking to someone.
"You found us on the planet, with NO MONEY, NO WEAPONS, and NO MESETA?!" Lance yelled in an outrage.
"Yes, Indeed I did. I didn't wish to leave you there, so I took you back since you were missing your distress beacons. The Hospital was busy, so I just took you back here and had a Medbot work on you instead." Otacon replied.
"But they STOLE MY CIGARRETES!!! I NEED THEM!!" Lance yelled, grabbing Otacon by his neck. Otacon forced himself out of Lance's grip and shook his head.
"Nasty habbit. Sorry but there isn't anything I can do. You didn't have any on you when I found you. Everything was gone." Otacon sat back down in his chair. Tristan slumped up onto his feet, and slowly began to stand. He looked around and noticed that he was still in the same room as before he passed out.
"Ah, he's awake again. Hi there, Tristan." Otacon smiled a bit. Lance knocked over his own chair and rushed to Tristan.
"Tristan, they took EVERYTHING! The swords, the guns, MY SMOKES! They didn't spare us any meseta at all! NONE! How much you want to bet Neo stole everything! Him and that bastard Shinobi! Those androids are thick as thieves! One moment you'll have an android on your team, the next, THEY DO THIS!" Otacon stabbed a small needle into Lance's neck, injecting him with a small ammount of Sedatives. Lance fell to the floor.
"He'll be fine. He was just getting out of sorts."
Tristan looked at lance on the ground, and thought about what happened. Neo wouldn't have betrayed them, He didn't seem like the type!
"Yeah, maybe some chill time will do him good." Tristan said, sitting down.

Town wasn't as crowded for some reason today. It was like Everyone was on break from being a pedestrian. The dimly lit streets provided just enough light to see ahead of you, but it wasn't far enough. The streets seemed to be covered in a misty shroud, even though the water vapor ratio wasn't much more than normal water vapor content from Human/Newman exhales. The few pedestrians that WERE on the streets seemed to be very sluggish and not very active. Unusual for the habbitants of town. Usually there were parties, drugs, and 'fun'. Today there was none of that. There seemed to be a small commotion up ahead, and people were walking away with monomates and rifles in thier hands. Neo senced that this isn't normal, and went over to investigate.
"COME ON PEOPLE, THE ANCIENT SABER!!! IT'S A PRICELESS ANTIQUE AND STILL USABLE IN BATTLE!! BIDDING STARTS AT 90,000 Meseta!" A voice shouted from behind the crowd. Neo pushed many civilain's away, knocking one Newman boy down on his back. He saw Shinobi Holding the Ancient Saber in his hands, moving his hands around it, showcasing it. Neo noticed that it had Tristan's mark on it (a tiny little 'PI' symbol on the hilt) and became enraged.
"HEY! That's TRISTANS!" Neo said, pissed. Shinobi looked at Neo and chuckled.
"Not anymore." Shinobi laughed. Neo rushed Shinobi, running up to him and punching him in the gut, causing minor damage, but startled Shinobi. Shinobi attepmted a recovery, but instead found Neo's fist pounding into his face. The crowd backed up as Neo drew his Yasminkov out. Shinobi began to shake. Neo gripped the pistol and put it to Shinobi's face. Shinobi showed no signs of saying anything, so Neo fired. The bullet tore into the plating of Shinobi's face, but stopped part way. Shinobi's body began to violently shake. Neo stood up and watched the crowd run off in fear. Neo grabbed the weapons and items that were left on the ground next to Shinobi's quivering body. After gathering the materials, he promptly began to walk back up to the hunters area to deposit his items and look for the others.

SpikeOtacon
Jan 24, 2004, 09:48 PM
Chapter 9: Old friends

"We don't have time to stall, Leo." The voice over the headpiece said. "We need to exterminate the Hunter Faye and eliminate any evidence of her involvement with 'Black Paper'. If you are incapacitated, we will release you from our guild, understood?"
"Yes, sir." Leo responded, nodding his head.
Leo was a RAmar with a Yellow armor. He had been working with the Military for years now and had been in many a battle with Neo. After Neo left to pursue his own career, Leo stayed with the Military. Soon being given his own squad, Leo wished to see his old friend again and offer him a spot. Unfortunaly the two of them had been out of contact for so long by then, he didn't know where to start. However, something told him that he would be on Pioneer 2, and he decided to take his squad aboard.
The squad was defective to say the least. There was Cecil, one of the Military's best RAmarl sharpshooters. However, she had a bad temper and a small case of turret's syndrome. There was H-7, or 'Big Red'. Big Red was a RAcast that had an obsession with the first shotgun he ever got. Big Red got his nickname from his Red armor and his fairly large figure. He occasionaly would blank out during battle, and needs constant attention or else he falls into a state of depression. The last spot was saved for Neo.
Leo wasn't exactly perfect himself. His past isn't spoken of, because even after the military tried to torture it out of him, he still refused to talk. Leo had crazy facial hair, and his hair was a mess.
Leo sat in the caf`e, slowly sipping his coffee. Cecil and Big Red were out getting supplies.

"DAMN IT, H-7! YOU USELESS PIECE OF SHI-!" Cecil yelled, getting interrupted.
"Miss, no foul language in the store." The clerk said.
"Oh really?" Cecil said, staring deep into the man's eyes with her own purple cirlces and screamed
"SHOVE IT, ASSHOLE!" She threw the clerk against the wall, while H-7 sat in the corner of the store, crying.
"Big Red didn't mean to do no harm, Cecil, honest!" H-7 said.
"SHUTUP! AND STOP TALKING IN THE THIRD PERSON, DAMN IT!!" Cecil said kicking him. H-7 grabbed her foot and held on tight.
"Say you're sorry, right now." H-7 demanded. Cecil was suddenly overtaken by H-7's seriousness, and apologised to him and the clerk. After leaving the store, Cecil punched H-7 in the back of the head, for no reason at all.

Neo stood in the hunters guild. He had just asked the lady behind the desk to make a Bounty for the return of his team mates. 10,000 meseta to the person who could return all of them, 3,000 for each individual.
"Right sir, it is confirmed. It is now on our active mission list. We'll contact you once a hunter accepts the job." The Hunter's guild lady handed him a small cell-phone. He took it and placed it in his item storage. Neo went back to the main part of the hunter's area, and did a double check on his items before going on a solo-run on the planet. He was getting tired of sitting around, doing nothing. And now he was gonna do something, with or without his team.

End Chapter 9: Old friends.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SpikeOtacon on 2004-01-24 18:52 ]</font>

Sord
Jan 24, 2004, 10:18 PM
been awhile. Nice to read another chapter. Keep it up.

SpikeOtacon
Jan 24, 2004, 10:37 PM
I think you're the only one who actually reads this story anymore, Sord.
This is where my new gimmick comes in. The Next chapter will be partially controlled by the readers, but they have to PM me with what character they are gonna use (and don't tell me to go look in the character bank, just Copy and Paste it for me please, i'm very busy.) Then write a paragraph on how this character goes about looking through the town trying to find the Group. I will of course make changes and tie each hunter in with the others, but nothing too big. I will take the first 4 people. After that, I'll post here saying when all slots have been filled.

Sord
Jan 24, 2004, 10:39 PM
Do you mean like RP, or do you mean we give you the characters with them looking for the group, and then you'll take it from there?

SpikeOtacon
Jan 24, 2004, 10:42 PM
Basically you just write me a paragraph of your character (a profile would be reccomened as well, that way I can know as much about the character as possible) looking for the group (Tristan, Lance, Dragon). I will be making edits so that each hunter will run into each other at some point and will also decide who does find them, but this is to try and gain interest in this Fic. DON'T post the paragraph here, you have to PM it to me. After the first four, I will post here and I will take no more.