PDA

View Full Version : The view from Pioneer 2

PhatDiddy
Dec 7, 2003, 04:01 PM
has anyone noticed all the clouds you can see when you look out the window on Pioneer 2 in Ultimate. Its like the ships landed or hovering over Ragol. but thats obviuosly not true. ya think this is just something to confuse us or something more.

ERS
Dec 7, 2003, 06:15 PM
Just one of the many visual changes moving from Very Hard to Ultimate.

CGoodness
Dec 7, 2003, 06:46 PM
Yea... they're just clouds. People overthink things about PSO wayyyy too much.

HUnewearl_Meira
Dec 7, 2003, 06:55 PM
When PSOv2 came out for the Dreamcast, the idea was that by the time you got to Ultimate, Pioneer 2 had started decending into Ragol's atmosphere.

Outrider
Dec 8, 2003, 12:52 AM
Eh?

I didn't know that was canon or anything.

I do like to think that maybe the Ultimate levels are simply another part of Ragol. I mean, sure, it requires quite a bit of suspension of disbelief since there would have to be identical areas on the planet... But hey, I think it's a kinda cool idea.

A2K
Dec 8, 2003, 01:18 AM
That's what we all intially thought--that Pioneer 2 was landing--but when I really began to think about it, it doesn't make any sense, really. A more reasonable explanation is that the ship is in "daylight" mode now. I imagine they have a facility for that--they probably wouldn't have enjoyed staying in the dark for the whole two year journey.

anwserman
Dec 8, 2003, 01:41 AM
On 2003-12-07 15:55, HUnewearl_Meira wrote:
When PSOv2 came out for the Dreamcast, the idea was that by the time you got to Ultimate, Pioneer 2 had started decending into Ragol's atmosphere.

What would have been cool that during the difficulties --- norm, hard, v.hard and ult., that there would have been a gradual difference between the outside, instead of just a big blunt change.

Maverynthia
Dec 8, 2003, 03:32 AM
I think it's like the Macross, they have that virtual sky thing going on...thus they just switch it to day..

Gradual changes would have been nice too...

Or it could signify that Ult. mode is the 'true' mode and all the other modes are the 'fake' mode, since you only get the 'real' endings in Ult. mode. Thus the other modes give you the 'fake' ending.

It also explains all the deaths..I've never died in forest unless it was on Ult. I can imagine all the other hunters aren't that inept to get taken by a booma..(maybe they are...)

rena-ko
Dec 8, 2003, 06:42 AM
eh... in the guildroom, there is ragol in clouds... so far for the 'virtual sky'. also the ep1 intro shows clearly that they only have glass around them, so they see anything thats outside.

for the changes... um... well, take in the amount of time changed... falz did let stuff alter even more >_>

BullKathos
Dec 8, 2003, 01:19 PM
When you go to Ultimate mode you arent landing or doing anything special. Its just visual effects that ST added because hey, Ur level 80!!1 ur in Ultimate!! At least thats what i think. I look at the update as a sort of prize. Ultimate was added in version 2 of dreamcast and since like a few years past since the first one they have figured out how to make more enhanced graphics so thats what they did. It would cost way more money if they did it on all the version, so they threw in ult, and added another hundred levels. Way more cheaper then re-doing all the modes. At least thats my point of view

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BullKathos on 2003-12-08 10:20 ]</font>

Skorpius
Dec 8, 2003, 01:34 PM
i like that "day mode" thing. thats kinda neat.
as for landing, why would they land on a planet where all members of the previous ship disappeared? O_O