PDA

View Full Version : help with psox!! PLEASE READ

guyver2077
Dec 7, 2003, 07:38 PM
K I AM HAVING A BIG PROBLEM WITH XBOX LIVE. IM TRYING TO RENEW MY LICENSE BUT I CANT BECAUSE THE BILLING INFO IS NOT CURRENT. THE THING IS WHEN I FIRST GOT LIVE I DID NOT HAVE CREDIT CARD SO A FRIEND BUT HIS BILLING INFO FOR ME. I HAVE SINCE LOST CONTACT WITH THAT PERSON AND I CANT ENTER ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT ON THE DASHBOARD. I CALLED MICROSOFT AND AFTER A LONG ARGUEMENT THEY WOULD NOT GIVE ME ANY INFORMATION BECAUSE I COULD NOT CONFIRM BILLING ADDRESS AND ETC. THEY EVEN TOLD ME I MIGHT HAVE TO BUY NEW STARTER KIT. CAN I DELETE EVERYTHING THAT SAYS LIVE FROM THE HARDDISK AND THEN JUST POP IN A NEW STARTER DISK?..AND MY MAIN QUESTION IS CAN I STILL USE MY PSO CHARACTER? LIKE CAN I TRANSFER HIM TO A MEMORY UNIT AND LOAD HIM UP AGAIN LATER WHEN I FIX THE LIVE PROBLEM OR WILL IT ONLY WORK WITH THE OPIGINAL GAMERTAG? CAN I EVEN KEEP MY OLD GAMERTAG?...

FeVer
Dec 7, 2003, 07:59 PM
You could put your char on a mem card, but you can't transfer him over... he'd be a temp character... you could still use him, but the mem card would have to be in to save and stuff.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: FeVer on 2003-12-07 17:01 ]</font>

guyver2077
Dec 7, 2003, 08:27 PM
like can i put him on a memory unit then just have him there until i make a new xbox live account and then transfer him back to the xbox.

anwserman
Dec 7, 2003, 08:39 PM
No... once he is on the X-Box, he will be forever tied to that X-Box and that X-Box live account that he is registered under.

Sorry, but you're screwed.

guyver2077
Dec 7, 2003, 08:47 PM
dam that sux so much azz....

guyver2077
Dec 7, 2003, 08:51 PM
damn microsoft......i cant believe i have to buy a new xbox live thing and on top of that i have to start from scratch.....

anwserman
Dec 7, 2003, 09:01 PM
Odd.... when I just called X-Box Live for a help with billing, I didn't supply my credit card number... I just supplied my Gamertag and address (the one I signed up for) and I got everything I needed to correct.

And for the Dashboard, if I'm correct you only need the last 4 digits of the credit card to change the information, and well thats only equates to 10,000 choices of numbers. But on the other hand, you could possibly LIE about the numbers to change the information. Call up X-Box live, and say that you can't change your X-Box live account information through the dashboard. Give the last four digits of your card, and if they say its wrong (more then likely), ask for the last four digits they have on file so you can properly update your credit card information through the dashboard. If they ask questions, say the credit card company reissued you the card and they changed numbers. The other one was stolen...

And don't say that you called earlier!!!!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: anwserman on 2003-12-07 18:03 ]</font>

guyver2077
Dec 7, 2003, 09:06 PM
yea but the thing is that i friend put his billing information in they will ask me for billing address zipcode etc ...then ima be like i dunno...you get it...i should atleast know my billing information if i say that i wanna update my billing information

anwserman
Dec 7, 2003, 09:14 PM
.... hmm.

Try pleading. Depending on the person you get, you might be lucky enough to change your billing information, or at least get the last four numbers.

If they say no, then rebute "What good would those four numbers be if I didn't have the Live account on my X-Box, or know the code to even get into Account Management (the X/Y/LT/RT buttons)... because that is crap saying that you might have to buy a new kit because you couldn't have a credit card at the time of purchase for the old one.

DarkSoldier
Dec 7, 2003, 09:23 PM
K I AM HAVING A BIG PROBLEM WITH XBOX LIVE. IM TRYING TO RENEW MY LICENSE BUT I CANT BECAUSE THE BILLING INFO IS NOT CURRENT. THE THING IS WHEN I FIRST GOT LIVE I DID NOT HAVE CREDIT CARD SO A
FRIEND BUT HIS BILLING INFO FOR ME. I HAVE SINCE LOST CONTACT WITH THAT PERSON AND I CANT ENTER ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT ON THE DASHBOARD. I CALLED MICROSOFT AND AFTER A LONG ARGUEMENT THEY WOULD NOT GIVE ME ANY INFORMATION BECAUSE I COULD NOT CONFIRM BILLING ADDRESS AND ETC. THEY EVEN TOLD ME I MIGHT HAVE TO BUY NEW STARTER KIT. CAN I DELETE EVERYTHING THAT SAYS LIVE FROM THE HARDDISK AND THEN JUST POP IN A NEW STARTER DISK?..AND MY MAIN QUESTION IS CAN I STILL USE MY PSO CHARACTER? LIKE CAN I TRANSFER HIM TO A MEMORY UNIT AND LOAD HIM UP AGAIN LATER WHEN I FIX THE LIVE PROBLEM OR WILL IT ONLY WORK WITH THE OPIGINAL GAMERTAG? CAN I EVEN KEEP MY OLD GAMERTAG?...

hey could you not put it in caps look anymore it;s anoying to see it in all caps thanks

guyver2077
Dec 7, 2003, 09:40 PM
sorry about caps...and yea those damn microsoft operators suk big azz...that lady didnt give a crap about what i was saying and just kept saying ic nt help you withoug billing address and number..

guyver2077
Dec 7, 2003, 09:43 PM
what could i tell them if i call back..im hoping i get a guy that can relate to my problem cuz damn these people wanna mess me over...and all this because i want to purchase hunters license..im giving them my money

SpyroDi
Dec 7, 2003, 11:03 PM
On 2003-12-07 16:38, guyver2077 wrote:
K I AM HAVING A BIG PROBLEM WITH XBOX LIVE. IM TRYING TO RENEW MY LICENSE BUT I CANT BECAUSE THE BILLING INFO IS NOT CURRENT. THE THING IS WHEN I FIRST GOT LIVE I DID NOT HAVE CREDIT CARD SO A FRIEND BUT HIS BILLING INFO FOR ME. I HAVE SINCE LOST CONTACT WITH THAT PERSON AND I CANT ENTER ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT ON THE DASHBOARD. I CALLED MICROSOFT AND AFTER A LONG ARGUEMENT THEY WOULD NOT GIVE ME ANY INFORMATION BECAUSE I COULD NOT CONFIRM BILLING ADDRESS AND ETC. THEY EVEN TOLD ME I MIGHT HAVE TO BUY NEW STARTER KIT. CAN I DELETE EVERYTHING THAT SAYS LIVE FROM THE HARDDISK AND THEN JUST POP IN A NEW STARTER DISK?..AND MY MAIN QUESTION IS CAN I STILL USE MY PSO CHARACTER? LIKE CAN I TRANSFER HIM TO A MEMORY UNIT AND LOAD HIM UP AGAIN LATER WHEN I FIX THE LIVE PROBLEM OR WILL IT ONLY WORK WITH THE OPIGINAL GAMERTAG? CAN I EVEN KEEP MY OLD GAMERTAG?...

Okay,first,what you need to do,is grab a hammer,and pound it quickly and furiously against the side of your head for letting someone else be billed for your license.
Second,I think you can delete Xbox Live off of your Xbox,however,you may want to save your Gamertag.
Next,you'll have to buy a new Xbox Live Starter Kit for the Xbox Live Serial# required for registering.
Finally,you should supply your credit card info,etc,then you should be all set.

guyver2077
Dec 7, 2003, 11:39 PM
k lets say i have to resort to buying live again....how would i keep the gamertag??...i bet money when i call them they wont let me use the same one ....

A2K
Dec 8, 2003, 12:07 AM
What happened with this other person who was being charged for your account? Is there absolutely no way you can get the numbers you need from him or her?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: A2K on 2003-12-07 21:07 ]</font>

guyver2077
Dec 8, 2003, 12:58 AM
there is no way i can reach that person....he moved and i dont have his phone number....its basicly impossible

jnblz316
Dec 8, 2003, 01:19 AM
very vey smart. you're scewed dude.

guyver2077
Dec 8, 2003, 08:39 PM
so anymore suggestions or am i totally screwed??

PJ
Dec 9, 2003, 07:57 AM
So this person trusted you enough to give you his billing information and he didn't give you his phone number/email address/new home address?

I'm so confused x_X

guyver2077
Dec 9, 2003, 08:17 PM
yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 i solved the problem. thanx to everyone that gave their suggestions....as i was thinking of how i the hell i could find this person i remembered that i did him a favor and placed an order for him on half.com. i remembered this because i have the two games he bought that day (buffy and metal gear 2 for xbox) ...so i knew that i had stored his info on my account...so i went to half.com and everything was there!!! i already updated my live so fuk that tech support lady that told me to buy another kit...they should be happy i wanna pay to use their service...

guyver2077
Dec 10, 2003, 01:19 AM
god life is so funny....by a miracle of god... i was online on xbox live and all of a sudden the guy that did the favor for me name popped up...he actually got online.i couldnt believe it...we did a voice chat and it was him...it was so funny..i thought id never talk to him again..then i wooped him in crimson skies

SonicBlue22
Dec 10, 2003, 01:35 AM
Glad your problem was solved!

anwserman
Dec 10, 2003, 01:38 AM
As what Tails would say in Sonic Adventure,

"I guess all's well that ends well, right Sonic?" http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif
Glad you're remembered that order. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

guyver2077
Dec 10, 2003, 02:55 AM
yea it was crazy...all i have left now is to fix my cube connection problem (see other post)