PDA

View Full Version : help with psogc!!

guyver2077
Dec 7, 2003, 08:49 PM
K IM HAVING PROBLEMS CONNECTING WITH THE BROADBAND ADAPTER...I GET AS FAR AS THE MANHIRO PAGE THEN THE SHIP SELECT NEVER COMES UP....I TRIED WITH THE DIAL UP MODEM AND IT WORKS FINE...ANYONE HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS!!!

DarkSoldier
Dec 7, 2003, 09:26 PM
if the modem works fine then why did you get the Broadband adapter

the Broadband adapter dont work with all the ISP's I should know cause it dont work with mine and I get as far as you do to

guyver2077
Dec 7, 2003, 09:36 PM
dam cuz i didnt want to use the phone line

LordMe
Dec 7, 2003, 10:54 PM
well sorry i dont know

VioletSkye
Dec 7, 2003, 11:14 PM
On 2003-12-07 17:49, guyver2077 wrote:
K IM HAVING PROBLEMS CONNECTING WITH THE BROADBAND ADAPTER...I GET AS FAR AS THE MANHIRO PAGE THEN THE SHIP SELECT NEVER COMES UP....I TRIED WITH THE DIAL UP MODEM AND IT WORKS FINE...ANYONE HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS!!!

Do you have any firewalls running? Either hardware or software. How are you connecting? Direct connect? ICS? Router or hub? Who is the ISP? need a little info http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VioletSkye on 2003-12-07 20:15 ]</font>

DarkSoldier
Dec 7, 2003, 11:14 PM
well sorry idont know

If you didnt know then why did you even put this post

guyver2077
Dec 7, 2003, 11:37 PM
k im using bellsouth....ive heard some people use it so i know its possible...ive tried direct connect and with a router but nothing....any ideas or anyone use bellsouth...

VioletSkye
Dec 8, 2003, 12:01 AM
On 2003-12-07 20:37, guyver2077 wrote:
k im using bellsouth....ive heard some people use it so i know its possible...ive tried direct connect and with a router but nothing....any ideas or anyone use bellsouth...

Any errors ever pop up like error 102? (thats usally an easy one to fix lol) Were you able to reach the Minhiro screen each time? Also, are you able to go to the Website from the main PSO menu?

guyver2077
Dec 8, 2003, 12:56 AM
yes i can go to website and i reach manhiro screen every time.....but after nuthing just stays there

VioletSkye
Dec 8, 2003, 01:15 AM
On 2003-12-07 21:56, guyver2077 wrote:
yes i can go to website and i reach manhiro screen every time.....but after nuthing just stays there

Hmmmm. Strange that you can reach the website and also reach segas servers but then have it hang. You might see if Rich_T in the tech support forums has any ideas. Other than a firewall blocking those packets, I'm not sure what else would cause it to hang like that. I tried to replicate it by using incorrect user info but that just gave me errors. Sometimes if a MAC isn't registered wit hthe ISP it won't resolve and IP from the DCHP servers, but if you get as far as the Minhiro screen, you obviously have an IP. I'll have to think about it some more.

BTW are you pressing the A button at the Minhiro screen. Thats what takes you to the actual ship selection. Once the Minhiro screen comes up, it will stay there until you press A. Sounds silly to ask but I did have one person who didn't do that so they couldn't get on. LOL>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VioletSkye on 2003-12-07 22:22 ]</font>

guyver2077
Dec 8, 2003, 01:30 AM
lol yea u have to press a to keep going...i cab get online fine wit modem but i need broadband 2 work...damn this feels like da old dc days tring to get it to work

VioletSkye
Dec 8, 2003, 01:36 AM
On 2003-12-07 22:30, guyver2077 wrote:
lol yea u have to press a to keep going...i cab get online fine wit modem but i need broadband 2 work...damn this feels like da old dc days tring to get it to work

LOL. I wish I could help you more, but the hanging at Minhiro screen has me stumped. I can't think of why you would get all the way to sega's server than freeze at that last little step. Normally, many Comcast customers have haad to call Comcast and reister their BBA's MAC address with them. But in those cases, they never actually connected to the dns servers. Just for fun, call tech support and ask them to add the BBA MAC to their system. To find it, you'll need to remove the BBA. On the bottom will be a 12 digit alphanumeric MAC starting with 000. Once that is registered try it and let me know if it did anything.

guyver2077
Dec 8, 2003, 02:05 AM
lol who am i suuposed to call...i have bellsouth dsl though not comcast..and i bet if i were to call anyone and mention gamecube they would not have the slightest idea....thanx for advise though..keep thinkin...im on it as well..trying to figure out what i can do

Robbie088
Dec 8, 2003, 11:44 AM
Well I know this is kind of awkward suggesting, but my friend Aziangangster had a problem similar to this (he could get to the website and such, but he couldn't get to the ship select either). He had comcast, and he called them, but that didn't work, and finally he just reset his modem and things worked fine. (I don't know why that would have been the problem, though, since he kept having to move the modem which should have reset itself after he plugged it back in, but oh well). Perhaps try resetting your modem while you have your GC connected to it and see what happens.

VioletSkye
Dec 8, 2003, 12:48 PM
On 2003-12-07 23:05, guyver2077 wrote:
lol who am i suuposed to call...i have bellsouth dsl though not comcast..and i bet if i were to call anyone and mention gamecube they would not have the slightest idea....thanx for advise though..keep thinkin...im on it as well..trying to figure out what i can do

Call bellsouth tech support. They don't need to know anything about the GC. They just need to add the BBA MAC. But as Robbie088 mentioned, try power cycling the modem first.

guyver2077
Dec 8, 2003, 08:37 PM
lol...i have turned of the modem like a bunch of times...so i just call bellsouth and do they even know wat a mad address it..?

VioletSkye
Dec 8, 2003, 08:53 PM
On 2003-12-08 17:37, guyver2077 wrote:
lol...i have turned of the modem like a bunch of times...so i just call bellsouth and do they even know wat a mad address it..?

If they don't then they don't belong in tech support LOL. Seriously, I'm not trying to bash them, but you'll find that a sound percentage of tech support reps have no idea what the hell they are doing. Often times they will simply read off their scripted spiel so if you get someone clueless, just be nice, thank them for their time and call back until you find someone competant. Again, I'm not bashing them, they are only doing their job and often times receive very little training, so just keep your cool and try to work with them.

guyver2077
Dec 10, 2003, 02:57 AM
so any other suggestions??? anyone else use bellsouth dsl???

RFB
Dec 10, 2003, 04:56 AM
VioletSkye, I'd suggest that if you ever mention technical terms, like MAC direction, you should better explain a bit about it, or the person with the problem will understand this ---> ???WHAT????
And I think that's what has happened with guyver2077--> MAD direction.

Guyver, a MAC direction is a phisycal direction written in hex that BBAs and Ethernet cards have. It's a direction that normally is only used in a LAN (Local Area Network) to identify diferent computers.
Do not mistake IP and MAC directions. They're no way the same. That's why maybe they need to record your BBA's MAC direction. Just call them and try to do it. Maybe your DSL connection connects to a DSL modem that deals with more connections than just yours, so the MAC direction is needed to specify that it is YOU who must receive the PSO data.

If that doesnt work, do you have a personal username/password, or a general one with the BB connection? If you have a general one, you wont be able to connect to PSO, and you must create a personal account. It happened to my modem connection, and I'm almost certain that the account problem can also be applied to BB connections.

guyver2077
Dec 10, 2003, 11:13 AM
yea thanx for the help..so thats somwthing that they could just add when i call....ill try it...hopefully they will kno what it is...

Miki
Dec 10, 2003, 11:19 AM
I had the EXACT same problem with my Bellsouth DSL. Try going to your connection setup, and tell it to connect with PPPoE, and for the name and password, use your Bellsouth account's name and password. Worked like a charm for me.

Miki
Dec 10, 2003, 11:32 AM
Also: If it turns out to be the same problem I had, then if you have trouble hooking back up to the internet on your computer after doing this, then your computer has lost track of the DNS for Bellsouth. If so, try visiting 'http://192.168.1.254/' and that should fix that. (Strange, but it works.

VioletSkye
Dec 10, 2003, 01:02 PM
On 2003-12-10 01:56, RFB wrote:
VioletSkye, I'd suggest that if you ever mention technical terms, like MAC direction, you should better explain a bit about it, or the person with the problem will understand this ---> ???WHAT????
And I think that's what has happened with guyver2077--> MAD direction.

Guyver, a MAC direction is a phisycal direction written in hex that BBAs and Ethernet cards have. It's a direction that normally is only used in a LAN (Local Area Network) to identify diferent computers.
Do not mistake IP and MAC directions. They're no way the same. That's why maybe they need to record your BBA's MAC direction. Just call them and try to do it. Maybe your DSL connection connects to a DSL modem that deals with more connections than just yours, so the MAC direction is needed to specify that it is YOU who must receive the PSO data.

If that doesnt work, do you have a personal username/password, or a general one with the BB connection? If you have a general one, you wont be able to connect to PSO, and you must create a personal account. It happened to my modem connection, and I'm almost certain that the account problem can also be applied to BB connections.

Since I don't feel the need to try and impress anyone, I leave out the tech details that many people don't care about and just post what I think may be a possible solution. There is this little thing called a "search engine" that people can use to look up definitions if they want, ie. MAC address +definition will yield many. many results if soemone wishes to read all about it.

I try to help as many people as I can in the Tech Support forum so I don't really want to type out detailed explanations in regards to every little term I mention. If I was to explain DHCP (Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol), PPPOE (point to point over ethernet), PPPOA (point to point over ATM), ATM (Asynchronous Transfer Mode) TCP/IP (Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol), MAC (Media Access Control) etc. every time I posted a suggestion, I'd have writer's cramp LOL.

I think Miki's idea is a great one, because if it is a new install than more than likely it is PPPOE (as almost all new installs use the PPP protocol as opposed to the DHCP bridge that used to be more common) Since its been quite awhile since I've used DSL (I have cable now) my old provider used DHCP and so I personally haven't dealt much with PPP. The reason almost all new installs have moved over to this protocol is because it is easier and less expensive for the larger companies to use their pre-existing infrastructure. Because of this many of the resellers all also now doing PPP installs. I have to thank Miki for the suggestion and I'll try to pass that on to others that have PPPOE connections as that is a great solution.

BTW its not just BBA and NIC's that have MACs. Any type of physical hardware that can use IP has one. Basically, its simply the address for the hardware that is used by the MAC sublayer of a Data-Link Layer (DLC). There is a different MAC sublayer for each physical device type. The other sublayer level in the DLC layer is the Logical Link Control sublayer.

In the Open Systems Interconnection (OSI) model of communication, the Logical Link Control layer is one of two sublayers of the Data-Link layer and is concerned with managing traffic (flow and error control) over the physical medium. The Logical Link Control layer identifies a line protocol, such as SDLC, NetBIOS, or NetWare, and may also assign sequence numbers to frames and track acknowledgements.

See, no point in going over all this http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VioletSkye on 2003-12-10 10:08 ]</font>

Miki
Dec 10, 2003, 06:43 PM
Hey, it was just what worked for me... I tried calling them up about getting the MAC adress cleared, but they wanted to try a bunch of things first... We went through all the stuff like resetting everything, using Warp-pipe, and all sorts of other things, and eventually it just turned out that using PPPoE was the best was to get around the firewall problem. (Guyver: If you're using the Westell Modem that Bellsouth gives you, this is almost definitely your problem, and this solution should work.)

guyver2077
Dec 10, 2003, 08:26 PM
yea i have the westall modem and i think i tried that but ill give it another shot and ill tell you what it shows ont he screen. another thing i appreciate the help that everyone has put into this topic. thx alot..

guyver2077
Dec 10, 2003, 08:38 PM
k i tried to connect by PPPoE. user id ofcourse i out my [email protected] and i pu my pass correct. dns on automatic and left all proxy stuff blank....when i try to connect to website it reads::::PPPoE server not found. Please verify you network configuration and try again:::: http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

guyver2077
Dec 10, 2003, 08:50 PM
also i just tried for the hell of it all automatic again too see what would happen but still i get to manhiro screen and it jsut hangs there for like 1 minute or 2. it says error100 youve lost your connection etc...this sux

Miki
Dec 11, 2003, 01:01 AM
I doubt this'll work, but I was having problems recently and this helped, so maybe it'll work for you.

Go to the Network Setup Option, Tell it to use PPPoE to log on, and on the next screen, set DNS Server to Manual, and enter in 192.168.1.254 under "Primary".

Miki
Dec 11, 2003, 01:06 AM
I think that the Westell modem was having troubles with the Domain Name Server again, because when I tried to connect tonight, I kept getting #13 errors, and it wouldn't let me on. I checked all my connections, and nothing was wrong.

So, I tried to switch off of PPPoE for the heck of it and going back to the default, and the login was halting at the "Connecting to DNS server" part. So, I tried manually giving it the IP for Bellsouth DSL's Domain Name Server, and boom, problem solved.

Try that out for yourself too, and see if it'll help. I doubt it, but it's worth a shot, if something this simple can fix it.

On a side note, These Westell DSL modems are nasty little buggers, aren't they? Hope your problems work out too.

guyver2077
Dec 11, 2003, 02:31 AM
k yea im still getting the pppoe server not found....how bout if i manually set an ip address...i was trying to mess with it but i couldnt get nothing...

RFB
Dec 11, 2003, 04:27 AM
VioletSkye, I'd quote your message, but due to it's enormous extention, I think I'll pass.

I'll just say: My fault. I usually just hang out around Ep1&2 General, so I knew nothing about how many times you help people out in the tech support. So, it's my fault, and I feel sorry about it. I'm sorry if I've been mean to you, I apologize.

Edit: I may have found a possible reason for that error... UDP protocol. Guyver, check your UDP settings in the main screen's options menu (I think it was there, correct me if I'm wrong). UDP is similar to TCP, but UDP is a littler quicker but also a little less safe, so maybe bellsouth doesnt allow UDP packages... I highly doubt it, but... who knows...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RFB on 2003-12-11 01:34 ]</font>

guyver2077
Dec 11, 2003, 11:00 AM
yea i think i tried turning off and on the udt and just leaving it on auto but still nothing..it cant be the bba adapter right..i can get to the website so that prob means it just my connection..funny how i have no problem connecting with ps2 or live...

guyver2077
Dec 14, 2003, 03:42 AM
bump....any more ideas....no one used bellsouth huh?