PDA

View Full Version : Modem Adaptor

Eraser
Dec 9, 2003, 05:10 AM
is it worthwhile getting the modem adaptor for PSO GC
i dont have broadband at the moment so should i wait for broadband or just go with the modem with them being the same price and all

RFB
Dec 9, 2003, 05:21 AM
The main question is: are you going to get Broadband anytime soon? if the anser is yes, then I'd say "wait for the broadband adaptor".

If the answer is no, then I'd say "Go for the modem adaptor NOW OR I'LL KILL YOUR DOG!!" sorry, postal moment.

When online you'll only notice the difference in the connection speed when connecting to the server and when downloading a quest. For the rest of the time, Sega auto lows down your speed to 56k. There i other advantage of having BBA, you'll have less chances of suffering FSOD or FSOD-X. but Broadband is not as cheap as 56k connection. The final decission is up to you.

Eraser
Dec 9, 2003, 11:42 AM
ok i see
well the main problam is getting old of a BBA asthy seem to have become quite rare but if there isnt much difference in gameplay, i think ill just go for the modem
thanks for your help

rena-ko
Dec 9, 2003, 11:49 AM
i have both. depends on what provider costs more. dsl is flatrate so its cheap but in the case of emergency i can switch to modem anytime.

>_> its weird. both cost 50 bucks over here but still i bought them without questioning that once (maybe i sighed, i dunno anymore, its to long ago).

so yeah the difference in casual game is minimal. joining games, loading quests and stuff like that takes longer. but the actual data flow is made for 33k/sec.

zimmk2vgc
Dec 9, 2003, 01:24 PM
i would say go with the BBA. My reason is that some games now are on the LAN thing, so you can do that, which you cant do through a modem adaptor. correct me if im wrong