PDA

View Full Version : "Fake" FSOD?

chantez131313
Dec 9, 2003, 10:41 PM
I just went into PSO and when i logged in a picked a ship. I got in, saw no games i liked, so decided to move ships. Then it happens...BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!! I cussed, turned it off, and restarted. Same thing, log on, choose ship, then decide to change again. And once again...BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!! I cussed some more, some more, restarted, then got on AGAIN! Did the same thing, changed ships, and didnt get FSOD (thank god). Got in a game, and started to retrieve my stuff from the bank. Then i noticed...everything i had was still there!!! 2 FSOD's and i still have my stuff? I was like "WTF?!?" I wanted to ask people here, has it happened to you? Please discuss this, im a little...confused. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif

Solstis
Dec 9, 2003, 10:47 PM
That happened to me once, very confusing isn't it?

Might be hacker related.

KaFKa
Dec 9, 2003, 10:49 PM
thats what i like to call the "FSOD--" completely random. happened to me once, got a scared cuz i didnt have my lavis blades equiped, then got into a game and saw they were there http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Nai_Calus
Dec 10, 2003, 12:18 AM
I get that often. Hmm... In my experience:

FSOD upon joining a ship at first connect: No loss.
FSOD between lobbies: Item loss, IIRC.
FSOD switching ships: No loss that I recall.
FSOD joining a game: Hasn't happened yet, thank GOD.
FSOD leaving a game: Item loss(And C-mode rank/time loss too, damn it)
FSOD in-game: Item loss
1-second power outage while fighting Olga Flow: Item loss.

Last night I FSODed with no buzz. I wasn't even sure I'd FSODed at first, because it was silent. ^^;;; No loss on that one, either.

I FSOD a lot, yes. Four times in a row on my RAmarl once. XD She didn't lose her stuff, BTW, because it was ship-joining FSOD.

...No loss is somewhat misleading. I do believe that even the non-destructive ones took my meseta. (Which is why a L1 character who's never been out of the lobby has 4 Monomates, 4 Monofluids, a Frame, a Saber and a Mag, and 0 Meseta)

VulpesMundi
Dec 10, 2003, 01:13 AM
If you never enter a team you won't lose any items (it's the team save that identifies equipped items). Meseta is never flagged for retrieval, tho. You'll lose that no matter what. You will lose items from a lobby FSoD if you have previously entered a team on the current connection.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VulpesMundi on 2003-12-09 22:32 ]</font>

chantez131313
Dec 10, 2003, 05:11 PM
On 2003-12-09 21:18, Ian-KunX wrote:

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif That happens a lot here!

Squeege
Dec 10, 2003, 05:24 PM
1 second outages are bad.

SpyroDi
Dec 10, 2003, 07:32 PM
If you ever freeze BEFORE joining a game RIGHT AFTER connecting to the servers,you won't lose your items.

JohanCC
Dec 10, 2003, 10:52 PM
Yes, that happened to me not too long ago. Froze when entering lobby. Still had everything.

Barubary6
Dec 11, 2003, 01:14 AM
Just to finish this topic off, VulpesMundi is exactly right. If, on your current connection, you have not yet saved in the Hunter's Guild after joining/creating a team, you will not lose any items, just meseta. I use this to my advantage a lot, to test things >_<

-- Barubary

Buuyon
Dec 11, 2003, 08:15 AM
On 2003-12-09 21:18, Ian-KunX wrote:
I get that often. Hmm... In my experience:

FSOD upon joining a ship at first connect: No loss.
FSOD between lobbies: Item loss, IIRC.
FSOD switching ships: No loss that I recall.
FSOD joining a game: Hasn't happened yet, thank GOD.
FSOD leaving a game: Item loss(And C-mode rank/time loss too, damn it)
FSOD in-game: Item loss

Last night I FSODed with no buzz. I wasn't even sure I'd FSODed at first, because it was silent. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif;; No loss on that one, either.

I FSOD a lot, yes. Four times in a row on my RAmarl once. XD She didn't lose her stuff, BTW, because it was ship-joining FSOD.

...No loss is somewhat misleading. I do believe that even the non-destructive ones took my meseta. (Which is why a L1 character who's never been out of the lobby has 4 Monomates, 4 Monofluids, a Frame, a Saber and a Mag, and 0 Meseta)

uh...you dont loose your cmode time/rank...

Nai_Calus
Dec 12, 2003, 05:15 AM
On 2003-12-11 05:15, Buuyon wrote:

uh...you dont loose your cmode time/rank...

You do if the game you FSODed leaving was the one you passed the stage in. >_<;;;

ADE
Dec 12, 2003, 09:53 AM
to test things >_<
-----------------

=illegally hack :|

Anyway, yeah. In game FSOD is rare, but it still sucks. I've had a few over the past year (worst thing I lost was a Frozen Shooter http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif ).

If you FSOD and you can still hear music, hold X B and Start to do a soft reset, as it will SAVE your game. Same thing if you get an endless telepipe. The system is still processing data, so you can still give it the command to save. Hope that helps.

Also, if a hacker ever pulls any BS on you in a lobby (ie. send you to a quest loading screen) IMMEDIATELY do an XB Start reset save, as you don't know what awaits on the other side of the loading screen!! Nugz tried some BS on me once and I completely averted it by doing this.

Alighieri
Dec 12, 2003, 11:57 AM
Looks like there are passive hacks and agressive ones - just like IRL. I don`t know Barubary well, but I somehow can`t imagine her doing something (too)nasty - but the world and people are ever changing haha.