PDA

View Full Version : wheres the best place to hunt rares?

trunkszero
Dec 10, 2003, 02:47 PM
wheres the best place to hunt rares?
with the following IDs

pinkal
redria
bluefull
oran
virdia
whitill
skyly
purplenum

Ketchup345
Dec 10, 2003, 03:05 PM
It depends on the item you want, or if you just want to see the color red.

Some IDs have very good drops for all areas, or most. These IDs include Redria, Yellowboze, Whitill, and a few others. Some IDS have very few good places to go rare hunting, like Skyly.

One's I know (for Ultimate):
Yellowboze, Redria, Whitill: Good finds in mostly every area.
Skyly: Caves, CCA, Seabed.

But if you just want to see any red box, Very Hard is your friend, many drop rates are higher in Very Hard than in Ultimate.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ketchup345 on 2003-12-10 16:38 ]</font>

trunkszero
Dec 10, 2003, 03:41 PM
cool, thanx

zaffre
Dec 10, 2003, 07:31 PM
On 2003-12-10 12:05, Ketchup345 wrote:
But if you just want to see any red box, Very Hard is your friend, many drop rates are lower in Very Hard than in Ultimate.

Why is Very Hard your friend if it has a lower drop rate than Ultimate?, Ketchup345?

Ketchup345
Dec 10, 2003, 07:38 PM
On 2003-12-10 16:31, zaffre wrote:

On 2003-12-10 12:05, Ketchup345 wrote:
But if you just want to see any red box, Very Hard is your friend, many drop rates are lower in Very Hard than in Ultimate.

Why is Very Hard your friend if it has a lower drop rate than Ultimate?, Ketchup345?

Drop rates as in say, if the system actually worked using fractions. In Very Hard, the number for item X may be 1/50; but in Ultimate, the number may be 1/100.

The rare enemy drop in Ultimate is also not as high in other difficulties, it is about 1/2 for the more common items, instead of about 7/8.

I'll edit that, sorry.

KaFKa
Dec 10, 2003, 07:41 PM
ruins runs.
ruins runs.
ruins runs.
piping

in that order http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

TheAlmightyNewbie
Dec 10, 2003, 07:57 PM
On 2003-12-10 11:47, trunkszero wrote:
wheres the best place to hunt rares?
with the following IDs

pinkal
redria
bluefull
oran
virdia
whitill
skyly
purplenum

Pinkal - Ruins is pretty much their only decent area...

Redria - All of their EP1 is decent, lots of good finds spread out over all areas. Like Oran, their Temple is plagued by many items that may mislead you into thinking they are good, when they are merely novelties. Flight Cutter, God/Technique, and Twin Brand (which can be found on SKYLY in the same place about 6 times easier) are pretty much the only decent items there. Their Spaceship sucks, decent CCA/CCT, one of the best Seabeds.

Bluefull - Forest sucks, only good for Holy Ray and Heaven Punisher (and Imperial Pick if you want it). Caves and Mines pretty much suck, Ruins is decent. Caves, however, has Red Partisan/Demolition Comet/Kasami Bracer, all of which are great HU items. Crappy VR levels, CCT and Seabed are pretty decent.

Oran - CCT, Seabed, and Ruins are good. Temple has lots of non-junk finds, but many are novelties or not very useful.

Viridia - Forest sucks, decent Caves. Mines falls just short of Caves. Ruins kind of sucks, Temple has okay pipeables but not much else, and Spaceship isn't very good. Good CCA/CCT and OK Seabed.

Whitill - Probably one of the best Forests. Caves is decent. Again, Mines is a bit below Caves. Ruins has NO bad drop. except maybe belra's right arm. ^_^ Temple is OK, pretty much all of their EP2 besides that sucks for the most part.

Skyly - Caves, Tower, Seabed are all good. Most other levels aren't worth hunting in, but those three are excellent and jam-packed with good finds.

Purplenum - Rather crappy Forest and Caves. Mines is fairly good, as is Ruins and Temple. Spaceship is another bad level, but CCT/Seabed are decent.

Whew, that took awhile. ^_^ Anyway, there you go, and one more thing - If I didn't mention CCA, they have a bad CCA. The CCA and CCT findings are merged, so it makes it harder, especially when I've never even played CCT http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif (offline only)

CGoodness
Dec 10, 2003, 08:12 PM
I like the Temple for rare hunting.

trunkszero
Dec 14, 2003, 11:56 PM
right now i'm searching for a lavis cannon and heavens punisher, parts of egg blaster, sonic knuckle, and a few syncestas after i get online(sometime this month) i'll be searching for the heart of chao, and robo chao parts

PaleKid15
Dec 15, 2003, 11:45 AM
JESUS TAP-DANCING CHRIST! Why the hell doesn't ANYONE research ANYTHING for themselves? Home page-item findings-pick ID-look at drop charts. Is that so hard? Whoever put them up didn't do it for their health.

trunkszero
Dec 15, 2003, 09:04 PM
On 2003-12-15 08:45, PaleKid15 wrote:
JESUS TAP-DANCING CHRIST! Why the hell doesn't ANYONE research ANYTHING for themselves? Home page-item findings-pick ID-look at drop charts. Is that so hard? Whoever put them up didn't do it for their health.

that shit means squat without actuall people finding, hell people can lie and click on confirm finding, god, without actual proof why the f**k would it be useful....smh

PaleKid15
Dec 16, 2003, 11:56 AM
On 2003-12-15 18:04, trunkszero wrote:

On 2003-12-15 08:45, PaleKid15 wrote:

that shit means squat without actuall people finding, hell people can lie and click on confirm finding, god, without actual proof why the f**k would it be useful....smh

Oh, but they can't lie when responding to this topic? Dumbass.

shinto_kuji
Dec 16, 2003, 12:05 PM
ya its pretty easy to go look for yourself... but anyway, it'll take you a freaking long time to find lavis, 2syncestas, and heavens punisher is one of the rarest items in the game...

kingmurp
Dec 16, 2003, 12:33 PM
I trust a human response, even though I have no faith in humanity. ::shakes fist at dollar menu:: I'd like to hear from people on a response that says they found it after how many runs, hours, and swearing.

trunkszero
Dec 16, 2003, 09:54 PM
On 2003-12-16 09:33, kingmurp wrote:
I trust a human response, even though I have no faith in humanity. ::shakes fist at dollar menu:: I'd like to hear from people on a response that says they found it after how many runs, hours, and swearing.

exactly what i was trying to state...smh@dumbass

PaleKid15
Dec 18, 2003, 12:36 PM
Even though the experiences of other people have no impaact on yours?

BTW- You could just forum search for info on those items without posting a way to generic and endlessly repeated topic. This would give you your "human response" that you so desperately need. Dumbass.

heyf00L
Dec 18, 2003, 01:29 PM
Drop rates as in say, if the system actually worked using fractions. In Very Hard, the number for item X may be 1/50; but in Ultimate, the number may be 1/100. Not really. Actually in Ultimate the 9 star crap rares have an easier drop rate than most stuff in Very Hard, it's just that in Very Hard everything has an easy drop rate so you see rares more often. There are, of course, exceptions.