PDA

View Full Version : PC: RTSs

Ketchup345
Dec 10, 2003, 04:03 PM
I am a fan of Command and Conquer. The units are more realistic (to today's militaries at least). I also find them to be slightly easier, and the different series of it are interesting.

I particularly like the Red Alert series, and from what I played of Generals (may as well have beaten the U.S. campaign {didn't start the others}, then friends video card or motherboard melted {my current computor isn't powerful enough; getting one able to run it next week}), I liked that also.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ketchup345 on 2003-12-10 14:02 ]</font>

Kizaragu
Dec 10, 2003, 04:47 PM
I'm not a huge fan of RTS, but I am partial to a bit of Warcraft 3 every now and then.
They've never really appealed to me to be honest.

Dangerous55
Dec 10, 2003, 05:48 PM
Where is Age of Empires!!!!! I just wish they were more realistic.

StrongBad
Dec 10, 2003, 07:09 PM
C&C, specifically Red Alert 2.

Best. Computer Game. Ever.

Spartan117
Dec 10, 2003, 07:36 PM
Age of Empires II for me. It rocks!!

DarthFomar
Dec 10, 2003, 07:46 PM
I don't know if this counts, but I liked "Black & White", you are a beast God that can smash your followers into oblivion. Pretty fun game, never really got into anything else...but I did try out "Command & Conquer", which was probably a demo. It was fun, but I didn't get far enough to enjoy it.

RicoRoyal
Dec 10, 2003, 10:02 PM
Count in me for a game of starcraft anyday. If there is anything that I've been more addicted to other than PSO, it would have to be Starcraft. Many times I've stared blankly at my computer and gamecube(or dreamcast) unable to choose which one to bother turning on. Starcraft has always been triumphant. I'd like to note that there is also no game in the world that has made me so mad whenever I lose. Losing at starcraft(and most RTS) games is soooooooo freaking infuriating, but god does it feel good when one finally wins. I have broken many things in search of a punching bag after losing a starcraft match. And now for the plug-in: visit my website at http://www.ricoroyals-sc-maps.cjb.net. It ain't a very good website, but it's a website nonetheless.

KaFKa
Dec 10, 2003, 11:04 PM
i guess counterstrike doesent count, so i sat starcraft.

other than the fact that i have over 500 wins in the game, its really easy to understand and grasp, but still difficult to beat against someone that has experience. its just plain fun. then came that damn patch...

anyways, thats my little starcraft reminisce, warcraft sucked gameplay-wise, and C&C was too "meh" for my tastes. (although it is fun to use the GLA and use the angry mob http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif )

Suppa_Buddha
Dec 10, 2003, 11:26 PM
STARCRAFT ROCKS.

PhatDiddy
Dec 12, 2003, 05:14 PM
i would hav to say SC for the main reason that its so simple and the futuristic sense of the game makes it more fun. ive got C&Cgenerals and its expansion and it comes pretty close (general powers, nukes, lol) but the people on generals online are mostly jerks and the lack of use map settings games kinda sux

Logical2u
Dec 13, 2003, 09:58 AM
Starcraft. So addictive, infact, I'm going to play all the scenarios again in order without cheating.

But I hate riggers, campers, cheaters, hackers, anti-bans and people who are so dumb that they yell at you when they are the one lagging.

And Logical2u has been my SC name for like, 2 years.

shifter
Dec 13, 2003, 01:26 PM
by far for me, its red alert. ive played or own all the c&c and warcraft games on pc, and i cant find anything thats more enjoyable, even though it is an older game. next though, is warcraft 3, u gotta love those hero units.

Stormsworder
Dec 14, 2003, 05:04 PM
Homeworld2 and the other Homeworld games. Of course, I say that cuz they are the only ones I have.