PDA

View Full Version : Wats the best char in each class?

SorceryMaster
Dec 10, 2003, 06:26 PM
I would like to kno wat u guys think is the best char in each class
i would say
Hunter: HUcast
Ranger: RAcast
Force: FOnewearl

wat about you?

HUnewearl_Meira
Dec 10, 2003, 06:29 PM
On 2003-12-10 15:26, SorceryMaster wrote:
i would say

wat about you?

It depends on your style of play... But if you're trying to figure out who is best specifically at what they do, then going by stats (someone correct me if I'm wrong)

Hunter: HUcast (Highest ATP)
Ranger: RAmar (Highest ATA)
Force: FOnewmn (Highest MST)

KaFKa
Dec 10, 2003, 06:29 PM
for soloing:
hunter: HUnewearl
ranger: RAmarl
force: FOnewm/newearl

for team play:
hunter: HUcast
ranger: RAmar
force: FOmarl

Eihwaz
Dec 10, 2003, 06:56 PM
On 2003-12-10 15:29, HUnewearl_Meira wrote:

i would say

wat about you?

It depends on your style of play... But if you're trying to figure out who is best specifically at what they do, then going by stats (someone correct me if I'm wrong)

Force: FOnewmnFOnewearl (Highest MST)

Heh, a correction. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif Easy mistake to make, FOnewms do rock, of course. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

HUnter: HUmar is well balanced, and I also like HUnewearls, for all the claws, and such

RAnger: Meh, don't like rangers much, but if I had to, I'd go with RAmarl. OMFG! SHE R DEAD...SESKI!!!1111one!!1 http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

FOrce: For general tech-blasting, go with the oh-so-excellent FOnewm. FOmar/ls are pretty good at melee, as well. The female FOrces make good Support characters.

HUnewearl_Meira
Dec 10, 2003, 06:59 PM
On 2003-12-10 15:56, Eihwaz wrote:

i would say

wat about you?

Heh, a correction. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif Easy mistake to make, FOnewms do rock, of course. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Very interesting... They've changed it since the Dreamcast version, then. Very interesting, indeed...

Ketchup345
Dec 10, 2003, 07:01 PM

Force: FOnewmn (Highest MST)

FOnewearls have the highest MST don't they?

I would say (my playing style, offline single and multi; multi with HUCaseal):

HUnter- HUcast, HUnewearl, or HUcaseal. The females have some better animations, and the HUnewearl is the only HUnter that has useful techs (good as support, FOrce replacement if necessary).

RAnger- RAmarl, RAcaseal. Both of these characters can melee pretty well, maybe even better than some HUnters. The RAmarl has good ATP, can actually heal herself (unlike the RAmar, who can't even use the Elysion at max MST, and my lvl 116 RAmarl can already use it), and the best EVP in the game, allowing her to be nice at melee; she also has the second best ATA allowing her to use all power attacks more than weak-hard-hard. She also gets level 20 S/D/J/Z (level 20 Shifta and Zalure help a lot, only use D/J in Ruins). The RAcaseal has the best DFP in the game, and has auto HP-regen. She has more ATA than a RAcast, allowing her to use more hard-hard-hard comboes when a HUcast at the same level may have to use weak-hard-hard.

FOrce- FOmarl. I guess I like killing most enemies in one hit (with FOrces at least), and because of that, I go trigger happy with the 50% Grants boost. Mostly everything goes down in 1-2 Grants. I also plan to use her to melee (I melee once in a while with my RAmarl), and the FOmarl has better stats to melee with than FOmars, since FOmarls have higher DFP, HP, and ATA (not sure about EVP). Also, her range in support techniques are nice.

SpyroDi
Dec 10, 2003, 07:33 PM
Hunter: HUmar
Ranger: Racaseal
Force: FOmarl

Balanced abilities I like. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

CGoodness
Dec 10, 2003, 08:05 PM
HUcast
RAcaseal
FOnewm

Squeege
Dec 10, 2003, 09:29 PM
Uhhh.....
Hunter-HUmar-well rounded and all I've palyed as for hunter http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif
Ranger-RAmar really good accuracy and average mst. racast are good too but i don't like not having resta during boss battles
Force-FOmarl-I've played all the forces(not much because I was helping friends characters)and I just like the FOmarl the best

joluh
Dec 10, 2003, 10:49 PM
HUnewearl, RAcaseal and FOnewm...

Why!?!? cause:

1.- They are Newmans/Androids
2.- They're my character's class
3.- Long Ears
4.- Metal Body
5.- Good Looking
6.- They PWNZ!!!
7.- I like them too much...

Eihwaz
Dec 11, 2003, 02:23 AM
On 2003-12-10 15:59, HUnewearl_Meira wrote:

On 2003-12-10 15:56, Eihwaz wrote:

i would say

wat about you?

Very interesting... They've changed it since the Dreamcast version, then. Very interesting, indeed...

Well, FOnewms only lose by about 250 or so, and in exchange for those 250 MST points, they get WAY more DFP and HP. In my opinion, it's worth it. They have the 2nd Highest MST and may well be the sturdiest FOrce.

L0CKE
Dec 11, 2003, 06:46 AM
For me:
Hunter: HUnewearl
Ranger: RAmarl
Force: FOmar

I started out always playing with others and not very much time playing alone, so I went with FOmar and RAmarl support characters. Now because of my schedule I play alone alot, so I stick with my new HUnewearl.

rena-ko
Dec 11, 2003, 06:50 AM
depends on personal preference.
i like playing as hunewearl. i also like the more powerfocused but accurate hucaseal. i also kinda not dislike (even through i hate them due KIREEK) my cmode hucast. he's a pain in lower stages, but awesome in C5 upwards, given some decent gear.

rangers >_> well, ramarl as least can use support techs. the android rangers are nice as well, i just havent concentrated that much on them yet.

forces... well, fomarl for support only, fonewearl for offline / support.
i'm not fond of the force 'guys'. *shrugs*

Neo_Slayer
Dec 11, 2003, 07:28 AM
Hunters: HUmar(atk+magic)
Rangers: RAmar(atk+magic)
Forces: FOnewm(strong MA)

TyroneBiggums
Dec 11, 2003, 08:08 AM
Playing online, every character is good to use and pretty effective I think. Playing offline, which I do way too much of because I don't have a cable modem, I would say Hunewearl, Ramarl and Fomar because of their balanced stats and I think Jellen/Zalure help a lot when fighting the bosses alone (and ultimate mines too).

Nai_Calus
Dec 11, 2003, 09:08 AM
Which character is the best depends on your personal preference and skill at using them. For example, HUmar, jack of all trades, sucking at nothing and excelling at nothing... Well, is he the worst HU, or the best? Depends on how you look at it. Same for every other class. Just because I can't manage to stand playing a HUnewearl and find FOnewms deadly boring after a while, doesn't mean they suck, and just because I like FOmars, it doesn't make them any good. *shrug*

RFB
Dec 12, 2003, 02:36 AM
HUnter: HUcaseal. Why has noone mentioned her? ;_;
Great ATP, the best ATA of the HU class... It's an all-round android!! You must love HUcaseals!! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

RAnger: RAcast. No doubt. ATA enough for me, and ATP to really make damage with the weapons he will use.

FOrce: FOmar. low HP, low DFP, he has the best-at-sucking-ATA award, But I love his ATP, which allows him to use weapons that no other force can, and sincerely, I personally prefer a GI tech bonus than a RA tech bonus.

ADE
Dec 12, 2003, 04:25 AM
I personally think HUmar is the best Hunter on a team with a Force.
----------------------
1. HUmar has better ATA than a HUcast. Don't use the "HUcast can use S-Parts argument." First, how many HUcasts are actually going to go and GET one? Secondly, the HUcast's DFP becomes quite pitiful once S-Parts is equipped.

2. The HUmar does not have to be babysat by the FO. He can heal himself and needy droids that are out of the FO's range.

3. The HUmar has the second highest ATP in the game, so it receives a significant boost by the FO's SD.

4. HUmar has decent evasion, that combined with Deband and the Force's Jellen makes him capable of dodging most attacks.

5. The HUmar is proficient with a wide variety of weapons, even a rifle (Holy Ray). They are excellent companions in Tower runs thanks to this.

6. HUnewearls might be excellent soloing, but alongside a FO they are quite obselete. Their ATP is subpar, their HP is only decent, and they have a whopping 10 more DFP than HUmar (which prevents about 2 damage per attack, but since HUmar gets way more HP, this doesn't mean anything).

7. HUcaseals have excellent ATA, but are overall are the weakest in vital Hunter stats, in my opinion. Plus, most female weapon animations do not provide enough forward lunge motion or enemy knockback.
------------------------

Too many n00bs use HUmars, so they get bashed. However, a good HUmar is an EXCELLENT addition to the team. He doesn't totally dominate any one area, but alongside competent teammates, his variant abilities allow him to assist whoever necessary. Nuff said.

ShadowFOrce
Dec 12, 2003, 09:17 PM
Hunter - HUcaseal
Ranger - RAmarl
Force - FOmarl

Feather
Dec 13, 2003, 03:51 PM
Hunter:HUcast
Ranger:RAmar or RAcast
Force:FOnewn

Soukosa
Dec 13, 2003, 03:59 PM
On 2003-12-11 03:50, rena-ko wrote:
forces... well, fomarl for support only

Why? Don't tell me they do crap damage or they suck when used solo. My main char is a FOmarl and she can do plenty of damage is also the furtherest char I have gotten in the game since she plays so well solo. FOmarls are meant to be balanced between melee, tech casting, and support, not just support.

navci
Dec 13, 2003, 04:16 PM
For online play:

HU: HUcast
RA: ... dunno.
FO: FOmarl (no dismissing thet supah support range)

But. FOnewm rulezzzzzz!!!
Especially when he is the second FO in the game so he can nuke, nuke, and nuke some more. And Yes. There should be more meleeing FOnewms, they got all. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

shinto_kuji
Dec 13, 2003, 04:22 PM
hey! i just figured it all out! this is a huuuuge secret so don't say anything to anybody, k? heres what it is... no character is better then another, thats why theres not just 1hu 1ra and 1fo... wow! surprising huh?! mannn i must be special to know such a secret!