PDA

View Full Version : Wow... happened again

BullKathos
Dec 10, 2003, 06:54 PM
Well so far i have been corrupted 3 times in the last 6 days. ever since getting online. The first 2 times i used hacked items and stuff so i decided to go legit. 3rd time i was legit and got corrupted upon joining a game. I think there might be a corruption hack out for the thing... Because the game was called " mad bored". I joined cause the person inside was my same level and when i got in there was a person just standing next to me not moving, then all of a sudden i get disconected and down in the lower right hand of my screen a popup thing says i have been corruption and the file was be deleted. Out of the other 2 times this hasnt happned, i would just try to get on my char and i would have to reformat the mem card. I wonder if its the fact that i was use a 56mb memcard or what. i have never been corrupted on any other version of pso on a regular memcard. When PSO for GC first came out i played with a regular memcard and i have 4 different chars that never got corrupted. I lost that memcard and got the 56mb and now i get corrupted all of asudded. Plz help me i need to know whats going on. 3 chars have been lost so far, i dont want to lose more...

VioletSkye
Dec 10, 2003, 07:33 PM
On 2003-12-10 15:54, BullKathos wrote:
Well so far i have been corrupted 3 times in the last 6 days. ever since getting online. The first 2 times i used hacked items and stuff so i decided to go legit. 3rd time i was legit and got corrupted upon joining a game. I think there might be a corruption hack out for the thing... Because the game was called " mad bored". I joined cause the person inside was my same level and when i got in there was a person just standing next to me not moving, then all of a sudden i get disconected and down in the lower right hand of my screen a popup thing says i have been corruption and the file was be deleted. Out of the other 2 times this hasnt happned, i would just try to get on my char and i would have to reformat the mem card. I wonder if its the fact that i was use a 56mb memcard or what. i have never been corrupted on any other version of pso on a regular memcard. When PSO for GC first came out i played with a regular memcard and i have 4 different chars that never got corrupted. I lost that memcard and got the 56mb and now i get corrupted all of asudded. Plz help me i need to know whats going on. 3 chars have been lost so far, i dont want to lose more...

From what I've heard 3rd party cards are not very reliable, especially when it comes to PSO. Alot of people not using official Nintendo cards have frequent problems with corruption. I would go back to using a regular card. Hopefully that will curtail your corruptions. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Don't quote me on this but I belive part of the problem is the compression that the 3rd party cards use. That coupled with the fact that it doesn't always write the info back to the exact same address on the card. PSO seems to be extra picky when it comes to file data and locations.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VioletSkye on 2003-12-10 16:39 ]</font>

CGoodness
Dec 10, 2003, 08:06 PM
I personally don;t like 3rd party stuff... My friend says that Mad Catz is the worst kind

RFB
Dec 11, 2003, 03:28 AM
PSO "seems"? lol, by now you should have already realized that PSO is extra super ultra picky with EVERYTHING regarding the console and memory.

And yes, never trust on 3rd party memcards... I had a Piranha memcard for the PS, and yes, it was LITERALLY a Piranha. Files just kept disappearing trough time, with no reason at all, it's like my Piranha "ate" them. >_> Piranhas are bad, dont trust them, they'll bite you.

VioletSkye
Dec 11, 2003, 02:07 PM
On 2003-12-11 00:28, RFB wrote:
PSO "seems"? lol, by now you should have already realized that PSO is extra super ultra picky with EVERYTHING regarding the console and memory.

And yes, never trust on 3rd party memcards... I had a Piranha memcard for the PS, and yes, it was LITERALLY a Piranha. Files just kept disappearing trough time, with no reason at all, it's like my Piranha "ate" them. >_> Piranhas are bad, dont trust them, they'll bite you.

Actually I am fully aware (probably far more than you) on how the files are formatted and stored in regards to PSO. As for the console, on GC it doesn't matter at all. So in answer to your question, yes I do realize that PSO "is extra super ultra picky." My question to you is, do you realize just how "extra super ultra picky" it is and why. Do you have any idea of what info and encryption keys are stored on which files?

I have had the game disk ripped and extracted to ISO for quite awhile now and have been digging through the files for fun to see what kinds of things I can discover about how the game runs and is programmed. So, if you're going to follow me around sharing your "wisdom" with me, at least post something I don't already know.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VioletSkye on 2003-12-11 11:17 ]</font>

philip
Dec 11, 2003, 02:54 PM
Just have to say this: Never play with none officel card! Never! The files will dissapera all the time.

BullKathos
Dec 11, 2003, 05:52 PM
ok thanks. ill buy a nintendo mem card as soon as possible. Btw, one more question, why are they called 3rd party cards and not 2nd party? is there a 2nd party card and if not, why did it skip them?

VioletSkye
Dec 11, 2003, 06:41 PM
On 2003-12-11 14:52, BullKathos wrote:
ok thanks. ill buy a nintendo mem card as soon as possible. Btw, one more question, why are they called 3rd party cards and not 2nd party? is there a 2nd party card and if not, why did it skip them?

A first party game is one from a hardware manufacturer. So Sony, Nintendo, and Microsoft.

A second party game is one developed for a first-party company by another company (that is not owned by the first party). So for example. When Square develops a game but Nintendo publishes it, Square is considered a 2nd party developer. A second party game.

Now if Square publishes it and develops it, they are a third party developer.

Think of it like this,

first party-Sony, Nintendo, and Microsoft.

Second party- any developer that develops a game for another company.

Third party-is the one that publishes it.

Hope that makes sense.

anwserman
Dec 11, 2003, 07:37 PM
I thought the definitions was this:

First Party - Company who makes console develops/publishes the game. Sony, Nintendo or Microsoft.

Second Party - Company who is owned by a majority of a First Party company (Sony, Nintendo or Microsoft) that publishes games exclusively to a particular console. Rare strikes up a bell, was a famed Nintendo second party developer until it sold its shares to Microsoft.

Third Party - company that isn't owned by a majority or a First Party company, and publishes games for one or any of the consoles on the market. Can be contracted to create a game for a First Party (Hitmaker with F-Zero on the GC if I am correct), but that is how far it goes... no ownership of the company changes hands. Sonic Team, AM2, Hitmaker, Electronic Arts, etc. etc. etc.

badbitz
Dec 11, 2003, 09:22 PM
yah thats wat i thought it was too

VioletSkye
Dec 11, 2003, 11:12 PM
On 2003-12-11 16:37, anwserman wrote:
I thought the definitions was this:

First Party - Company who makes console develops/publishes the game. Sony, Nintendo or Microsoft.

Second Party - Company who is owned by a majority of a First Party company (Sony, Nintendo or Microsoft) that publishes games exclusively to a particular console. Rare strikes up a bell, was a famed Nintendo second party developer until it sold its shares to Microsoft.

Third Party - company that isn't owned by a majority or a First Party company, and publishes games for one or any of the consoles on the market. Can be contracted to create a game for a First Party (Hitmaker with F-Zero on the GC if I am correct), but that is how far it goes... no ownership of the company changes hands. Sonic Team, AM2, Hitmaker, Electronic Arts, etc. etc. etc.

Second party doesn't have to be partly owned by the first party company. Any company can be a 2nd party developer for one of the first party companies.

ADE
Dec 11, 2003, 11:58 PM
I lost a file to my Memory Card 59.

I've lost ZERO files to my Interact 16x Card, and I've had it for almost two years. You never have to worry about memory.

Also, it saves faster. Saves on PSO take about a tenth of a second with it. You never have to worry about corruption.

About 2% of the initial run of these cards were defective, so everyone thinks they're bad. If you order one direct from the company, they test it before they send it to you (at least they were during the corruption scares) so it will work perfectly.

ADE
Dec 12, 2003, 12:06 AM
Don't quote me on this but I belive part of the problem is the compression that the 3rd party cards use. That coupled with the fact that it doesn't always write the info back to the exact same address on the card. PSO seems to be extra picky when it comes to file data and locations.
-------------------------------------

The Interact 16x does NOT use compression.

VioletSkye
Dec 12, 2003, 02:10 AM
On 2003-12-11 21:06, ADE wrote:
-------------------------------------

The Interact 16x does NOT use compression.

You're right, which is why I made the statement "don't quote me." Many 3rd party cards DO use compression and it DOES cause problems with PSO, which is why many people recommend not using them. From what I've read so far the Interact card indeed seems like a great card and seems to have the backing of quite a few users and testers. I personally have not used one, but since you have and have had good luck with it, then it was a good recommendation.

ADE
Dec 14, 2003, 09:58 AM
Violet I'm glad we can agree on non-cheating issues. You're not such a bad guy (gal?) .

kingmurp
Dec 14, 2003, 10:42 AM
Most of the chips in the 3rd party cards aren't high quality. Think Pentium vs Celeron.

Buuyon
Dec 14, 2003, 12:03 PM
On 2003-12-14 07:42, kingmurp wrote:
Most of the chips in the 3rd party cards aren't high quality. Think Pentium vs Celeron.

*smacks you* first off...celeron is a pentium...and is better then 3 out of 4 of them...not to mention cheaper...they are made from the same company...with the same qualty...ok now to the mem cards...not all of them are bad. I have a nyko and its fine when i use PSO...actuly its my only card that HASNT been corupted...

VioletSkye
Dec 14, 2003, 01:16 PM
On 2003-12-14 06:58, ADE wrote:
Violet I'm glad we can agree on non-cheating issues. You're not such a bad guy (gal?) .

Thanx, you're not such a bad guy either http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif BTW I am a guy despite my sig LOL. I just happen to love Tori Amos http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VioletSkye on 2003-12-14 10:17 ]</font>