PDA

View Full Version : Rare enemy what are the odds?

PatserGOUKI
Dec 11, 2003, 09:47 AM
Hi,

As many players may know the drop of a rare item (in %) from enemies were in the code of the game. there are a few faqs about this, like Heyf00ls faq.

Now I would like to ask if someone knows (or knows a faq) of what are the odds of finding rare enemies in ult in PSO Ep 1+2???

for example...
In other words: what is the chance of finding a pal rappy? (1/200 ???)

Does anyone know?
Thanks, just wanted to know

PatserGOUKI

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PatserGOUKI on 2003-12-11 06:49 ]</font>

drizzle
Dec 11, 2003, 09:56 AM
About 1/520

rena-ko
Dec 11, 2003, 10:42 AM
some say 1/1000
seems to differ from enemy to enemy as well.
only ST knows for sure..

Superguppie
Dec 11, 2003, 11:11 AM
I would guess that if the hackers could pull the tables with drop-chances, they would also be able to get the rare appearances tables....

PatserGOUKI
Dec 11, 2003, 11:31 AM
Yeah Superguppy has a point, that why I was asking this question!
The other rare item from enemy is proven several times. Cant this be proven?

Maybe I should ask barubary?
Thanks

PatserGOUKI

muff
Dec 11, 2003, 01:12 PM
Its completely random, you can't put in 1/??? number to it. You could play PSO for a week non-stop and never see a rare enemy. Then you could play for an hour and see 3, trust me its happened to me before.

Mixfortune
Dec 11, 2003, 01:35 PM
Actually, you CAN put a fractional value on it. The value is the average percent chance that the monster will be a rare counterpart of itself. While there might not be an exact percent determinor in the code itself (you can't put "50%" and expect the computer to do it itself), you can use a rand function to generate a value based on time or any other everchanging value.

Then you can check if that number is under a certain value, similar to "if suchandsuch is less than 1" when out of a possible 1-1000, you just made a makeshift .1% chance of something happening, or 1/1000.

You are correct in that the code itself does not have a fractional value. The fractional value is merely a representation of that data for the AVERAGE chance of finding one. Computers are not random, hence it is not "when it feels like it".

polishedweasel
Dec 11, 2003, 06:59 PM
I don't know, I've seen more Hildetorrs in ratio to everything else I've seen. So it's crazy. :

CorneliusPower
Dec 12, 2003, 10:25 AM
It's SLIM. 2 days ago I seen a red Slime for the first time in like 5 months, dropped god/body.
Also, for a good month, every other day it seemed like Mil Lillies were common.
You never can tell.

VulpesMundi
Dec 12, 2003, 05:54 PM
For E1&2, the average seems to be roughly 1/256. No fact, just my opinion on how often rare enemies seem to show up for me. Back on ver.1&2 it was closer to 1/1024. Comparitively, I saw far fewer rare enemies while I was playing the DC version. Even worse was that most of them showed up during Challenge mode. >.<

Alighieri
Dec 12, 2003, 06:04 PM
In DC versions rares REALLY were RARE. For instance I found only four or maybe five rare weapons and met only TWO rare enemies on hard. Talk about bad luck....