PDA

View Full Version : Fomar/Fomarl which to use?

Validus
Dec 11, 2003, 10:26 PM
i have decided on useing a force again, but dont know which to use. I thought about playing as my fonewearl again, but decided i got real tired of doing all spells and no melee, so i limited my options to those two. I like the way both of them look, but theyre a good bit of fomars online, and few fomarls so i dont really know which to use. a little advise would be much appreaciated, and thanks in advance.

joluh
Dec 11, 2003, 10:56 PM
Anyone you wanna looks FOR HOURS AND HOURS... =)

Anyway they are pretty much the same, i'd go with a FOmarl, i'd never use a FOmar, that's why i won't say any stuff comparing both, since i can't see a good point in favor of the FOmars

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: joluh on 2003-12-11 20:08 ]</font>

Barubary6
Dec 12, 2003, 03:45 AM
FOmars are better as a character. FOmarls are weak. But they're pretty! =^_^=

-- Barubary

RFB
Dec 12, 2003, 03:58 AM
I Really wouldnt know what to say, since I LOVE both of them (Human FOs p0w4h!!11!!1lol) But I'd say, if you play online faaaar more than offline, FOmarl is better at support. If you play off faaar more than on, I'd say FOmar, if you pick a weap with nice hit % you should have no prob.

Nai_Calus
Dec 12, 2003, 04:59 AM
On 2003-12-12 00:45, Barubary6 wrote:
FOmars are better as a character. FOmarls are weak. But they're pretty! =^_^=

-- Barubary

*snerk* You know, Baru, I was going to say the exact same thing, but with the characters reversed. XD
So!

FOmarls are better as a character. FOmars are weak. But they're pretty! =^_^=

Hrith
Dec 12, 2003, 07:31 AM
On 2003-12-12 00:45, Barubary6 wrote:
FOmars are better as a character. FOmarls are weak.
Better DFP, better EVP, way better HP, you still sure ?

FOmarl !!!!!!!! Cutest char ever !! Mine's Lv 157 and rules every area meleeing (except Seabed where she Megids).

Alighieri
Dec 12, 2003, 09:31 AM
I personally use a FOmarl character but I think that they are a good match for each other (as a team) - they could make it with no/little support from other classes - FOmar/ls FOrever^^

Dhylec
Dec 12, 2003, 11:10 AM
heh i have both of them so i can take either side http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif
my fomar is built 1/2 melee, 1/2 force..
my fomarl is 1/3 melee, 2/3 force.. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

PaleKid15
Dec 12, 2003, 11:37 AM
FOmar=60% casting force + 40% melee force
FOmarl= 40% casting force + 60% melee force

FOmarls are better support. FOmars will offer a better offline experience.

FOmarls-2x range S/D/R/A, +50% grants power, better stats all around
FOmars-2x range S/D, +30% GI-techs, +30% grants power, better tech bonuses

If you have online, I would suggest FOmarl.
If you are offline, I would suggest FOmar.

LordMe
Dec 12, 2003, 11:40 AM
iwould use a FOmar there a great class

_Sinue_
Dec 12, 2003, 11:51 AM
I thought about playing as my fonewearl again, but decided i got real tired of doing all spells and no melee

Why not make a Melee FOnewearl? There's at least two people on this board who will vouch for them. They're a very difficult class to play well.. and as long as you don't cheat - max - ect.. it'll take quite some time to perfect them as you continually jockey around stats and equiptment trying to find th best configuration for each area and which weapons yeild the most DMG vs. hit ratio and pure ATP. She will definately keep you busy for a very long time to come - and you'll probably end up going through at least 3 complete mag by the time you're done with her.

Asia_Skyly
Dec 12, 2003, 12:17 PM
Fomarl. Higher ATA and MUCH better weapon selection (Angel Harp, Madams Umbrella, etc.), easier to max out. Cuter, more rare.

LordMe
Dec 12, 2003, 12:20 PM
.............wow i just looked at the stat's and i say FOmarl

tgif2000
Dec 12, 2003, 01:48 PM
Fomarl all the way...
A melee force is a wrong thing... let hunters do there job...

PJ
Dec 12, 2003, 01:49 PM
On 2003-12-12 08:51, _Sinue_ wrote:

Why not make a Melee FOnewearl? There's at least two people on this board who will vouch for them.

I don't know which 2 you're talking about, but I would vouch for it! (Unless you are talking about me, but I wouldn't know http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif)

I have both a FOmar and a FOmarl. If you have space, make both!

But personally, I can play FOmar both online and offline, and FOmarls are just boring offline. My personal opinion *nods*

I can't really compare looks (Hey, I created my FOmar to look loosely off me ^_-)

I did look at the stats, and I found that the all around better character was the FOmarl (Which really bothered me, by the way, since ST could've given the FOmar a few more advantages over the FOmarl other than just ATP >.<).

Wait, FOmarl has a 50% boost on Grants? I thought the FOmar and the FOmarl had the same boost on Grants...

Kupi
Dec 12, 2003, 02:49 PM
Personally, I see both of them as a supportive characters, but with different emphases. The FOmarl's higher defensive stats and boosted healing tech ranges let her make sure that she'll always be alive to heal/resurrect/buff the party by staying out of harm's way. FOmars, with their Gi-tech boosts and shorter Resta range, are more offensive supporters who can always be sure to keep buffs in effect and within their Resta range by staying near the front line.

shinto_kuji
Dec 12, 2003, 03:02 PM
id say fomarl for pure melee, fomar is more built for semi tech casting and melee. plus melee and support go hand in hand. and ya, fomarl is very pretty =P

oeagrus
Dec 12, 2003, 03:36 PM
Don't listen to TGIF, Forces can melee just fine if you'd like a unique and challenging experience on PSO. At early levels (under 40) you may want to just do techniques since your ATA won't be very developed.

My FOmarl is level 171 and she's so self-sufficient. I can solo online from Forest through the Mines without any problems. Ruins, well, I'll (grudgingly) admit I need a few HUnters around to soak up some damage.

Regardless if you choose a FOmarl (cute, great support, excellent DFP and ATA) or a FOmar (looks cool, higher ATP, better GI-level tech increase), I'd really suggest using a gun as opposed to sabers or the like. When you swing a saber (or double saber) you take a step forward, which moves you closer into the fray (note: stay far from fray). With guns you stand still and are able to peg off the evil monsters from afar.

Finally, keep your eyes peeled for a Vulcan with a high hit %. Pick up every single one you see and you WILL EVENTUALLY find some with 50-70% hit. It will serve you very well. HAVE FUN, FELLOW FO!!

joluh
Dec 12, 2003, 04:39 PM
On 2003-12-12 10:48, tgif2000 wrote:
Fomarl all the way...

Opinions like that are wrong, let intelligent opinions go into your head ^.^

Alighieri
Dec 12, 2003, 05:02 PM
On 2003-12-12 13:39, joluh wrote:

On 2003-12-12 10:48, tgif2000 wrote:
Fomarl all the way...

Opinions like that are wrong, let intelligent opinions go into your head ^.^

Oh? So like, the opinion of using a FO for melee combat is so good? I say it`s wrong, but it is up to you how you play your char, right? But imagine - turning a FO into a complete melee fighter is almost like giving him/her a Final Impact (for instance) with happy words of encouragement "Here! Have fun with it! And don`t worry - you`ll find the trigger sooner or later".

ElizaBluefull
Dec 12, 2003, 05:06 PM
I got an all tech FOmarl to lv 131 offline before finally getting online. I ended up doing just fine. But now that I'm online, I changed my style of play from all nuke to more support and some nuke. I'd say I'm 60 percent support and 40 percent nuke. But I definitely like my grants boost. And with a caduceus...man that's good. Let HUs melee and you can keep them kickin with support from nuking and sjdz. It's a better team experience and you get to hit everything too. There is no need to melee as a FO unless you want a challenge. Then again, I've never seen a HU or a RA act as a FO with their techs...I tried it once with my RA and realized that FOs are tech only for a reason...

shinto_kuji
Dec 12, 2003, 05:11 PM
fo's cant use final impacts =PPPP but seriously, doing a melee fo isn't particularly wrong... what do you think ST gave fomar such high atp for... and gave fomarl just support tech boosts (apart from grants) along with good def and hp and balanced atp and ata. its really what those two chars were designed for. now, sure you can do fonewearl as a melee fo, but no matter how good a player you are or how well you play her, shs still alot weaker then the other chars. only pick her if your absolutely bored with pso... even then i suggest playing a dfferent game first =O

Alighieri
Dec 12, 2003, 05:24 PM
Of course FO`s can`t use Final Impact and so like. That`s why I said "imagine". And as for nuking with other char classes - my friend once tried to tune a HUmar to a FO, but I really don`t know the outcome - got to ask him when occasion arises (somehow, I don`t expect much out of it...)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Alighieri on 2003-12-12 14:26 ]</font>

Link00seven
Dec 12, 2003, 05:35 PM
I would say use a FOmar.

I like FOmarls, but only for support. If you like playing the roll of Claric, then be a FOmarl ^_^