PDA

View Full Version : All your base are belong to us?!

KodiaX987
Apr 8, 2001, 04:24 PM
I know a lot asked about it but.......WTF??

Kamotz
Apr 8, 2001, 04:43 PM
It was is a quote from a very very poorly translated game called ZeroWing. It was a sidescroller game for the Genesis. It was very similar to the WWII arcade game 1945.

Someone's sig has the whole opening scene in an animated GIF. Forget who though.

Nawms
Apr 8, 2001, 06:42 PM
The guys in the game said all kinds of weird stuff. Yes it is my sig.

CASH
Apr 8, 2001, 06:59 PM
No, someone actually has a SIG with the opening video of the game. You kind of got to watch it to see the "All your base are belong to us" line though...

Tolwyn
Apr 8, 2001, 07:26 PM
It was funny for about the first week and a half, then it was just so overused by lamers in all games (Ultima Online, Counterstrike, Diablo etc)

Sonic1787DC
Apr 8, 2001, 07:36 PM
ZeroWing was also on NEO GEO. All your base are belong to SNK! Oh yeah and the reason why it was poorly translated was because it was translated by SNK hehe. SNKISH!!!

Kamotz
Apr 8, 2001, 07:38 PM
Not to mention GameFAQs. That was just one of the many reasons I left that cesspool of stupidity. The few intelligent posts were flamed to cinders by countless lamers who typed all in AlTeRnAtInG CaPs, and substituting numbers f0r L377ers.

Tolwyn
Apr 8, 2001, 07:44 PM
Alternating caps and switching letters with numbers has been going on forever. Back in the days of old BBS. The worst hit games for this crap were anything on b.net and Ultima Online.

Everyone used All Your Base, its just completely retarded now. Anyone who's still using it is a real queer and is behind - or has something really wrong with them.

Kamotz
Apr 8, 2001, 07:55 PM
I didn't say it was new, but that doesn't make it any less annoying. I was just stating that the large majority of the posters do it.

deff
Apr 9, 2001, 09:34 AM
I saw this "All your base are belong to us!" written on a table at a local mall called Mayfair Mall in Wisconsin, just wondered if anyone here was responsable for that... It really perplexed me while I was eating my food. Couldn't understand the meaning, I am glad I can rest now that it has been explained...

Lmnopia
Apr 9, 2001, 10:04 AM
hmm the ending was good i hear.... hahahha

Core
Apr 9, 2001, 02:16 PM
yes the ending...It was greathttp://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_frown.gif

Blackheart
Apr 9, 2001, 04:27 PM
I've known about AYBABTU since early Feb. and it gets funnier everytime i see it. I think it is a symbol for the internet, showing the power of it, the fact that some little badly translated game can turn into such a large phenomenon.

Rapscallion
Apr 9, 2001, 05:25 PM
i still laugh every time I see it. People just get more and more creative with it.

Omega_Zero
Apr 9, 2001, 06:00 PM
i got it as my sig. funny stuff

Drahktar
Apr 9, 2001, 06:45 PM
I enjoy the whole AYBABTU bit as much as the next guy, but it gets old when people say it for no reason. The only time I use quotes from Zero Wing are when they actually fit the conversation. Like, in UT when you've taken all the control points (domination I think is the mode), that's a good time for AYBABTU. I bugs me when people just start spewing it.