PDA

View Full Version : v 1 0 server closing

-STE-
Dec 12, 2003, 02:31 AM
Type company Sega/corporation sonic team < ニンテンドーゲームキューブ edition ' ファンタシースターオンライン episode 1 & 2 ' news of Ver1.0 server closing > Usually, ニンテンドーゲームキューブ edition ' ファンタシースターオンライン episode 1 & 2 ' you to utilize, thank you truly. Well, the server for the online (the Ver1.0 server) it established simultaneously with the sale 2002 September 12th, in order to offer more comfortable network environment, after that, attendant upon the sale of the North American edition, it added adjustment to online game function, while drawing up "online adjustment edition Ver1.1," being gratuitous from 2002 November 25th and doing disk exchange, it started doing the parallelism management of the server of two versions of Ver1.0 and Ver1.1. Putting in disk exchange, understanding of everyone of the user it received great cooperation, it started continuing the disk exchange to Ver1.1, and movement to the Ver1.1 corresponding server spanning approximately 1 years, but that this time, it was possible to move favorably, it judges, the Ver1.0 server, making that is closed with 2004 March 26th being to receive it informs. ' ファンタシースターオンライン episode 1 & 2 plus ', and the visual lobby becomes joint ownership on 2003 November 27th, in order ' ファンタシースターオンライン episode 3 card revolution ' to be sold, to be accessed anew in the server user it is to be many, and others the っ plain gauze っ is. Furthermore ' ファンタシースターオンライン ' with ニンテンドーゲームキューブ which spreads by the fact that the network community is unified in at this opportunity, many user ways those which can share enjoyment it believed, reached to the decision of this time. With the current Ver1.0 server in everyone of the user which the pleasure it has received it comes to the point of applying great annoyance, it is the circumstance which, but enjoying in more comfortable network community, even in order to receive, by all means in at this opportunity to Ver1.1 movement to receive we would like, further understanding cooperation asks. Presently it continues to everyone of the user which the pleasure it has received, with the Ver1.0 server and can point to gratuitous is and disk exchange. In addition, although doing applying inconvenience, it includes the appreciation which played for a long time 7 days to service end day (after the maintenance ending of the March 19th 18:00? March 26th 22:00) only the Ver1.0 server makes ハンターズライセンス charge free. Furthermore, ハンターズライセンス which utilization we have received after the moving to Ver1.1 continues with Ver1.0 and you can utilize. As for exchange method to the adjustment edition "Ver1.1" disk, and application from the button under please access the private Web page. It is supported by many everyone, been able to enjoy the network community of the ニンテンドーゲームキューブ edition ' ファンタシースターオンライン ' series, for everyone of the user as more comfortably, the place where it keeps repeating further effort group altogether Sega it is existence. Please, understanding it receives the gist of this case, that it can receive the cooperation to notification contents, it asks.

I remenber when i played on v 1 0 was great place ^ ^

Superguppie
Dec 12, 2003, 03:15 AM
This stuff is too garbled to even consider reading it...
Plz make a readable condensation, or have it translated properly

-STE-
Dec 12, 2003, 03:39 AM
You speak jp ? i dont speak so i cant translate it by myself i use babelfish.
If you can translate jp do it i give you the link of page on jp if you want.

Is easy understand for who have just a little vrain server of PSO v 1 0 close on march.

AppieDPC
Dec 12, 2003, 05:42 AM
Aaaaaaaaaaaaw
Memories....
At least we have the good old Rigel back on 1.1 http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Superguppie
Dec 12, 2003, 06:24 AM
sorry for the tone of my previous post, but what I meant was that most of it was so unreadable, I'm not sure what I did understand is actualy what was meant.
And I've only just started to learn Japanese, so I don't think the original page will be of much help...

RFB
Dec 12, 2003, 06:36 AM
I agree with Supperguppie, that is mostly unreadable.
Damn you, Babelfish, damn you!! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_argh.gif

So, this means... that all the JP people that kept playing ver1.0, will now have to move to 1.1 or plus, right? o_O that means more people in the PSO servers we know (I knEw), so.. in the end, it's good news, right? right?....

rena-ko
Dec 12, 2003, 06:43 AM
well, they'll lose their stuff, no matter if they're changing to 1.1 or plus. since that might be their no.1 reason for staying at 1.0, its kinda sad forcing them, but understandable.

so that means, soon there will be 12 jp ships, right?

Superguppie
Dec 12, 2003, 07:02 AM
only if they keep the server up for running v1.1. They may choose to shut it down...

rena-ko
Dec 12, 2003, 07:16 AM
On 2003-12-12 04:02, Superguppie wrote:
only if they keep the server up for running v1.1. They may choose to shut it down...

hm, US could use a ship more or two...
and since they did add the 2 v1.0 ships they closed recently to the v1.1 set, i'm quite positive about 2 more ships. we'll see, we'll see.

Raziel_Kai
Dec 12, 2003, 07:24 AM
More ships? nya!
Thar sounds well matey... I mean, that'd be great!
Too few US ships now... if they opened up at least one more it'd be nice.

Of course, who knows if ST would do that...

*thar be ships ahoy... arrr!*

AndyPandy
Dec 12, 2003, 07:38 AM
Yeah its sad news, all the best times on PSO were on Ver 1.0 mainly because it was the first time many of us had played Episodes 1 and 2 apart from the trial.

I never wanted to leave 1.0, didnt see the point. In the end only a few hard core stayed, and it was a great community. At the end of the day, the whole 1.0 and 1.1 thing was a farce. Take a look at 1.1 now, its no different to what 1.0 was. ST wasted alot of peoples time and their money with this blunder.

-STE-
Dec 12, 2003, 08:58 AM
I think jp server need more ships now at some hours Mintaka have 1000 user and all other ships over 300 more use so is hard for episode 3 user find a free tournament.

Barubary6
Dec 12, 2003, 03:45 PM
Why doesn't Sonic Team just let the 1.0 users onto the 1.1 servers? It's not like separating them prevents duping. >_<

-- Barubary

heyf00L
Dec 12, 2003, 04:28 PM
Because they wouldn't make any money if they did that.

SonicBlue22
Dec 12, 2003, 07:05 PM
On 2003-12-12 12:45, Barubary6 wrote:
Why doesn't Sonic Team just let the 1.0 users onto the 1.1 servers? It's not like separating them prevents duping. >_<

-- Barubary

There was a duping Bug...but still duping is now normal on the Vega so I agree with barburay

Link00seven
Dec 12, 2003, 07:14 PM
On 2003-12-12 12:45, Barubary6 wrote:

-- Barubary

Because Sonic Team dont use there head half the time. I don't think they want to admit there game has a bug in it...

-STE-
Dec 13, 2003, 02:24 AM
On 2003-12-12 13:28, heyf00L wrote:
Because they wouldn't make any money if they did that.

You wrong, i remenber you v 1 1 is free sega send it at your home for free. So they save money if they let v 1 0 players connect to v 1 1 server because they dont need change disks.

trunkszero
Dec 13, 2003, 02:34 AM
which version is 1.0 and which is 1.1?

Outrider
Dec 13, 2003, 04:13 AM
Wasn't Version 1.1 just a free swap fix for something wrong with the original release?

Maverynthia
Dec 13, 2003, 05:56 PM
It was supposed to fix the BBA problem...I guess it solved a few more...

Aisha
Dec 13, 2003, 08:51 PM
I feel really stupid asking this but how do you tell if you have v 1.0 or v 1.1?

Buuyon
Dec 13, 2003, 10:08 PM
you cant...and this is only on the JP from where i searched...i looked on gamespot it says the japanese servers...theres nothing on sega...or the PSO site...it really doesnt matter to many people here sense they just got the game a few months ago...

GomezdaFonewm
Dec 14, 2003, 09:04 AM
Well most people that have version 1 will probably quit PSO Episode1&2 because pso3 should be out around the time they're shutting the servers down anyway...

FOnewearl0
Dec 14, 2003, 09:30 AM
Wait wait wait, I'm all confused. So, I have to buy another PSO disc? I was planning on getting online PSO for christmas, but now I have to wait like a month? Where do I "trade in" my 1.0 disk? Cause If I have to buy another disc, screw it, im staying offline.

Aisha
Dec 14, 2003, 09:49 AM
I just e-mail sega support. We shall see if they get anything productive from them. If I do I will post where you can trade-in disks.

-STE-
Dec 14, 2003, 09:50 AM
Is olddddddddddddddddd version of PSO JP...

USA and PAL no have problem.

And most of v 1 0 user already changed disc 1 year ago.

So no problem for noone only for who have olllllllddddddddd v 1 0 JP (Blue disc)

A2K
Dec 14, 2003, 10:24 AM
^ -STE- is correct. If you own the US or EU version this does not concern you.

On 2003-12-14 06:04, GomezdaFonewm wrote:
Well most people that have version 1 will probably quit PSO Episode1&2 because pso3 should be out around the time they're shutting the servers down anyway...

Wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong! Phantasy Star Online III uses the same servers as Episode I & II, and, most importantly, is a companion to the original title, not a replacement!

-STE-
Dec 14, 2003, 10:28 AM
I saw lots of site report this news wrong always blame sega very stupid person......

Buuyon
Dec 14, 2003, 11:54 AM
yeah alot of people listin dont they? like 5 people say its JP only and they shit them selfs thinkin its the US...and plus v1.0 was only sold in USA for about a month or two...