PDA

View Full Version : XBox: Content starved

kevlar_pso
Dec 12, 2003, 02:15 PM
Ok, I know we all pi$4 and moan about gettin nuttin for all that we shovle to Microsoft, but who has called and complained? emailed them? Asked when new content is coming? Hired a lawyer to fight for the lil guys? After I wake up I think I'm gonna give them a call, maybe just to say hi I dunno. . .

polishedweasel
Dec 12, 2003, 02:34 PM
They don't care. Also, does microsoft even have anything to do with the PSO servers?

shinto_kuji
Dec 12, 2003, 02:44 PM
im pretty sure the servers are seperate from microsoft, sonic team does the updating

kevlar_pso
Dec 12, 2003, 02:56 PM
I've called Sega before and they told me that PSO Xbox is handled by microsoft. ST may give them what they want, but it is microsoft.

They don't care? Have you called them? If a good percentage of PSO Xbox players called microsoft, that might get some ball rolling.

A2K
Dec 12, 2003, 03:24 PM
What are you talking about? We're practically going to be caught up rather soon.

On PSO Xbox Japan right now and on their way to our servers:

West Tower
Voice Operation (Xbox Exclusive)
Battle 7 (Xbox Exclusive, going by PSOW's front)
Battle 8 (Xbox Exclusive, going by PSOW's front)
Lost SOUL BLADE
Labyrinthine Trial (!!!)

Not to mention we have Central Dome Fire Swirl available for download, which is otherwise only available on the recent Gamecube Japanese PSO Episode I & II Plus release.

All that's really left after that are the ports of the Dreamcast quests. Rappy's Holiday, Garon's Treachery, Today's Rate, what have you. Ah, yeah, and Episode 2 Challenge Mode.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: A2K on 2003-12-12 12:25 ]</font>

Barubary6
Dec 12, 2003, 03:43 PM
What's Voice Operation?

-- Barubary

A2K
Dec 12, 2003, 03:52 PM
2 players only, I believe. Have no real clue how it works, but it uses the voice chat somehow. One player guides the other... or something.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: A2K on 2003-12-12 12:54 ]</font>

HUnewearl_Meira
Dec 12, 2003, 03:57 PM
On 2003-12-12 11:44, shinto_kuji wrote:
im pretty sure the servers are seperate from microsoft, sonic team does the updating

The servers are normal XBox Live! servers, and are therefore run by Microsoft. Sonic Team provides the content, but it's up to Microsoft's XBox Live! department to add it to the servers. As far as what Microsoft has been provided with so far, we really can't confirm. For all we know, Microsoft may have more quests sitting around waiting to be added, than currently exists on the GameCube. Or they may have nothing in the queue. There's no telling.

anwserman
Dec 12, 2003, 03:58 PM
Perhaps what player one sees is really player 2's character, while what player two sees is really player one's character.

So, the first person has to give directions to the second to navigate a room, while the second gives directions to the first?

Jack
Dec 12, 2003, 04:55 PM
Microsoft have to verify each quest before it goes up. This is why it's taking ages, and also why the face-mapping feature was removed from the Xbox version of Tony Hawk's Underground - each face would have to be verified by Microsoft.

Denny
Dec 12, 2003, 06:58 PM
On 2003-12-12 12:24, A2K wrote:
What are you talking about? We're practically going to be caught up rather soon.

West Tower
Lost SOUL BLADE
Labyrinthine Trial (!!!)

Not to mention we have Central Dome Fire Swirl available for download, which is otherwise only available on the recent Gamecube Japanese PSO Episode I & II Plus release.

All that's really left after that are the ports of the Dreamcast quests. Rappy's Holiday, Garon's Treachery, Today's Rate, what have you. Ah, yeah, and Episode 2 Challenge Mode.

What are new in Battles 7 and 8 and where do they mention these on PSO World?

A2K
Dec 12, 2003, 10:30 PM
Battle 7 and 8 were on Dreamcast. Eh, they were passable, really. One worked like an obstacle course--who ever made it to the Meseta and kept it till the end would win. If you died you were put right back at the beginning. Actually, I'm not sure how that's going to work--can they make it so you even drop the Meseta now that's been removed from normal play?

The other battle was just... horrendous... it was called "Trap Hell" on Dreamcast. Traps everywhere from the start--

kevlar_pso
Dec 13, 2003, 11:54 AM
Well, this is certainly good to know. A lot of ppl on live that play PSO are always upset that they don't have squat comparatively to the GC version. Now I have something to look forward to on the Xbox.

Knowing is half the battle.

anwserman
Dec 13, 2003, 12:31 PM
On 2003-12-12 13:55, Jack wrote:
Microsoft have to verify each quest before it goes up. This is why it's taking ages, and also why the face-mapping feature was removed from the Xbox version of Tony Hawk's Underground - each face would have to be verified by Microsoft.

Yes, but was that a reason to get rid of online play as a whole on the X-Box? I think that was just a 'excuse' to figure the cause of the lack of online play for the X-Box. Really, we should have gotten all of the features SANS the character faces for online play, and removing that feature due to not having customized faces is really, really lame.

And I honestly believe that they could have striked a deal with Microsoft to let them get away with the faces, as they'd be sent to the user's X-Box right away anyway and not on the user's computer.

drizzle
Dec 13, 2003, 01:25 PM
X-Box version was released later, so it gets the new content later... that's not too strange, is it?

Jack
Dec 13, 2003, 05:49 PM
Battle 7 and 8 are available offline on PSO+.

Toruxxx
Dec 13, 2003, 05:55 PM
On 2003-12-12 15:58, Denny wrote:

On 2003-12-12 12:24, A2K wrote:

West Tower
Lost SOUL BLADE
Labyrinthine Trial (!!!)

What are new in Battles 7 and 8 and where do they mention these on PSO World?

http://babelfish.altavista.com/babelfish/urltrurl?lp=ja_en&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.sonicteam.com%2Fpso%2Fxbox%2F

go here to see it. looks like psox japan got some new quests aswell for the 17th of december damn them! lol

A2K
Dec 13, 2003, 06:18 PM
"Price of Tomorrow"? That's "Today's Rate", isn't it?

"Messenger from Dream" I don't have any idea about... ah, could it be the NiGHTS GBA download quest? They'll probably replace the prize with a Mag Cell (Heart of Pian I assume) like they did with "Reach for the Dream".

MFGouken
Dec 13, 2003, 07:55 PM
On 2003-12-12 11:34, polishedweasel wrote:
They don't care. Also, does microsoft even have anything to do with the PSO servers?

Have you looked at you bill?
Micrsoft Online

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MFGouken on 2003-12-13 16:55 ]</font>

Sepheroth
Dec 13, 2003, 08:24 PM
WOW, gr8 site, I knew Laberinthe Trial and a few others were coming, but I really didnt expect Today's Rate and Dream Messenger! Thanks so much for the link!

Fojar
Dec 13, 2003, 11:26 PM
ugh, i hate those quests :-/

kevlar_pso
Dec 14, 2003, 05:27 AM
yahoo! now time for bed. ..