PDA

View Full Version : Updating?

Veskar
Dec 12, 2003, 03:21 PM
Im kinda new and wanted to know how Sega updates or patches the game. Do they do it on their servers, or do you download updates to memory card?

anwserman
Dec 12, 2003, 03:30 PM
On the GC, there is no such thing. On the X-Box, patches/updates are automatically downloaded and are saved to your HD.

VulpesMundi
Dec 12, 2003, 05:58 PM
There are occassional updates for the GC. They're all server-side, though. Such as the double-save (ugh) and a shop-dupe patch. The only way to update offline for the GC is a whole new disk, hence the new Plus version which has quite a few bugs patched.

Veskar
Dec 12, 2003, 06:06 PM
When does Plus come out here?

VulpesMundi
Dec 12, 2003, 06:48 PM
So far there's been no mention of Plus being released outside of Japan. If they are going to release it in NA and EU, I imagine it'll come out about the same time as Episode 3, just like in Japan. Cross your fingers, toes, and eyes.

Veskar
Dec 12, 2003, 07:13 PM
I've heard of that freeze screen of death thing that will delete all your items you carry that aren't equiped. did they patch that in Plus?

satoshi1
Dec 12, 2003, 08:19 PM
On 2003-12-12 16:13, Veskar wrote:
I've heard of that freeze screen of death thing that will delete all your items you carry that aren't equiped. did they patch that in Plus?

That (losing the items) is an issue where you lose power or reset while online without saving. It's not really a bug, but a "method to prevent duping," since you could drop an item in a game (with someone else in that game) reset and pick it back up. So they made your unequipped items disapeer to prevent that. And dropping an equipped item causes the game to save, so there's no way to really do it. FSOD itself is related to something else entirely, I'm not entirely sure what it is, but I do know that RSOD (R = Ringing) is due to overheating of the Gamecube.

Superguppie
Dec 15, 2003, 03:43 AM
Even though they might not have patched out the 'losing stuff at FSOD' I might sure hope they patched the causes of FSOD. Especialy the one that can make the assholes force FSOD on ppl.
And ofcourse I am praying they will put out plus outside Japan. Although the anti-duping patches will have effect only if they force everyone to start using it...

RFB
Dec 15, 2003, 04:12 AM
Well, even if they dont force everyone to use PLUS, there would still be that "OMFG my name is in yellow!!1!!1!one!!1" that would identify those using PLUS instead of those using 1.1, so we would know who is -NOT- duping.