PDA

View Full Version : Frozen Shooter glitch... :S

Tilldawn
Dec 12, 2003, 05:18 PM
i was doin a hard forest run and i was doin frozen shooter special on a hildebear and i froze myself!!! WTF wat went wrong?

BullKathos
Dec 12, 2003, 05:24 PM
its not a glitch.. its happens with that weapon.. like for me the yamigarasu causes concfusion on me every once in a while and the sealed j causes slow... its just a thing with the wep. not a glitch

Tilldawn
Dec 12, 2003, 05:28 PM
well it shuld say so after it says its power to freeze is excellent
, it should say sometimes freezes user

Hrith
Dec 12, 2003, 06:04 PM
YAMIGARASU causing confusion http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_nono.gif check that please. It's one of Terra's main weapons and it does NOT.

ShadowFOrce
Dec 12, 2003, 06:13 PM
It's becuase the weapon would be way too strong if it didn't have a side-effect (although the side-effects hardly ever happen). But it's no glitch it's part of the game http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_beer.gif

badbitz
Dec 12, 2003, 07:51 PM
maybe uve just bin lucky.

metermore
Dec 12, 2003, 08:48 PM
LMAO Once i was plying with my friend offline and we were about to fight VOL OPT but during the cutseane I froze myself unfroze my self and could walk in the cutseane for about 3 seconds.

LamerPanda
Dec 12, 2003, 09:05 PM
Heh, I get frozen all the freaking time. >_>;; Always at the most inopportune moments, too.

FS is still a good gun, just make sure you know how to unfreeze quickly.

Skorpius
Dec 12, 2003, 10:08 PM
On 2003-12-12 15:04, Kefka wrote:
YAMIGARASU causing confusion http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_nono.gif check that please. It's one of Terra's main weapons and it does NOT.

;/ yami randomly confuses the user

Superguppie
Dec 15, 2003, 04:13 AM
On 2003-12-12 18:05, LamerPanda wrote:
FS is still a good gun, just make sure you know how to unfreeze quickly.

...or equipt a Cure/Freeze...

PatserGOUKI
Dec 15, 2003, 05:37 AM
[/quote]
...or equipt a Cure/Freeze...

[/quote]

Not a very "smart" answer if ur legit. cure freeze is much harder to find than a frozen shooter!

About the freeze from a frozen shooter, I think it depends on your level or luck. Since I got a frozen shooter at very little level is froze me constantly when I was shooting a nano dragon in caves.

When my luck increased to 100 the freezing occured less more.

But indeed a cure freeze is a help, or boost your ice stats, to 30-40, this also helps getting freezed from the frozen shooter.

PatserGOUKI

Superguppie
Dec 15, 2003, 05:44 AM
On 2003-12-15 02:37, PatserGOUKI wrote:
Not a very "smart" answer if ur legit. cure freeze is much harder to find than a frozen shooter!

I am legit, and so is my Cure/Freeze. I have to admit these things are extremely rare. But noone mentioned it, and I think it should be...

Hrith
Dec 15, 2003, 07:02 AM
Cure/Freeze is an easy drop in VH WHITILL, I got 3, unpiped.

And YAMIGARASU does not cause confusion on NGC.

LadyRedComet
Dec 15, 2003, 07:36 AM
Really? I'm pretty sure I've gotten confusion from it before. Really irritated me, too, since I was surrounded by cana-whatchamacallits in the vhard mines.

rena-ko
Dec 15, 2003, 07:50 AM
yami does cause confusion on GC. i've seen it in action.

and the random freezing is nothing to worry about actually if you know how to break out of the ice.

i also have a legit cure/freeze. my full support fomarl needs it more than my ramarl (with the frozen shooter).

PatserGOUKI
Dec 15, 2003, 08:13 AM
On 2003-12-15 04:50, rena-ko wrote:

and the random freezing is nothing to worry about actually if you know how to break out of the ice.

i also have a legit cure/freeze. my full support fomarl needs it more than my ramarl (with the frozen shooter).

The random freezing can worry you if u walk in the ruins and are for instancy surrounded by 2 delsabers. If your frozen ull die in an instant!
Especially for lower level charas, and also for one player games, it can be dangerous, when frozen!
(i've seen it myself)

Like I told, the cure freeze is much harder to find, it just depends on which ID u have. I dunno, but maybe not even all ID's can find it...

I also think the best is be sure of a large ice resistance, then ur ok!

PatserGOUKI

-Geshtar-
Dec 15, 2003, 11:54 AM
nonsense, whitill Pouily slime equals one cure/freeze. surely this is not hard. I mean I have yet to even see a Hildetor after 2000 hours >.>'.
it has something like a 87% drop on account its in very hard caves, so explain how this is rare'er than a frozen shooter which drops in ultimate forest from the rarest...rare enemy.

Superguppie
Dec 15, 2003, 12:49 PM
-Geshtar- has a point. 1300 hours with regular visits to Forest, and not a single rare bear. Occasional visits to Caves, and several rare slimes...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Superguppie on 2003-12-15 09:50 ]</font>

Mixfortune
Dec 15, 2003, 02:26 PM
VH Cave rare enemies are where you can have the easiest times finding most of the best Units. Cure Units and God Units are abundant. I urge you to check out the VH Pouilly and Nar drops in Caves.

EASY God/HPs on Skyly, trust me.

LamerPanda
Dec 15, 2003, 02:36 PM
I've gone through four Skyly Nars and no God/HP to show for it.

I thought about Cure/Freeze, but that depends on ID. =/ I've seen no rare slimes myself, and I'd either have to get one from Migium (pretty darn unlikely) or level like mad to get one. In my case it's easier to maul my control stick then to go hunting for one.

shinto_kuji
Dec 15, 2003, 02:52 PM
cure freeze is a waste of space on a hu or a ra... god arm or god power is much better suited to fill up your slots (along with god ba)... being frozen is one of the less serious side affects, you can get out of it in less then a second =X

heyf00L
Dec 15, 2003, 03:27 PM
cure freeze is a waste of space on a hu or a raNot if you're a high level and your stats are starting to approach max like me. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_cool.gif
I keep a Cure/Shock on my RAcast at all times. As soon as my ATA maxes (for the third time) I'll replace a God/Arm with a Cure/Freeze.

LamerPanda
Dec 15, 2003, 03:34 PM
Heh, I have a few cure units (well, Cure/Poison XD), but I'm saving them for after my stats max out (though C/P is sort of useless anyway, hooray for Anti). If you're at a lower level, I'd hold off on the Cure/(Whatever)s until later.

Hrith
Dec 15, 2003, 03:36 PM
On 2003-12-15 12:27, heyf00L wrote :
Not if you're a high level and your stats are starting to approach max like me.
Exactly, so stop saying "it is useless" and start saying "I think it is useless" instead, for I never used any God/Units beside /Battle, and think all others but /Arm one are totally useless.

shinto_kuji
Dec 15, 2003, 03:54 PM
ok fine, its my opinion that cure freeze isn't worth it. the only real time its usefull is if your using frozen shooter (or maybe on df), but seeing how its a rifle, getting frozen occasionally shouldn't be a problem. yes, they come more into play at higher lvls, but the really only usefull cure/ is shock and that really only helps in cca or forest.

heyf00L
Dec 15, 2003, 03:58 PM
Oh the cure units are far from useless. A Cure/Freeze will keep you alive during a Falz fight (if a Force equips one then they can keep the team alive during that part of the battle). And a Cure/Shock prevents mass frustration that Hildelts, Gibbons, and Vol Opt like to cause.

The only one I might label as useless is Cure/Poison. Even Cure/Confuse has its uses like in Control Tower; those Gi Gues' stupid confuse attack gets very anoying. Cure/Slow might be useful in Mines, but I probably wouldn't ever use it.

I have legitly found all the Cure units except Slow. They're not all that rare if you know where to look.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: heyf00L on 2003-12-15 12:59 ]</font>

heyf00L
Dec 15, 2003, 04:03 PM
Oh, I thought of some more Cure usages.

It is my opinion that a Force should have a Cure/Paralysis equipped at all times so that they can anti if the rest of the team gets paralyzed.

Also for Falz if you're a non-android melee character, a Cure/Slow can really help against the second form of Dark Falz. There is a very small window of opportunity to attack Falz and if you try to attack while Slowed or if you use anti you just wind up doing very little damage. Coupled with a Cure/Freeze like I mentioned earlier, these two units make what used to be the hardest part of the fight become a breeze.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: heyf00L on 2003-12-15 13:05 ]</font>

shinto_kuji
Dec 15, 2003, 04:12 PM
yes cure shock prevents alooooot of frustration. cure confuse(apart from gi gue) can also be ok in soul blade since sinows confuse so much -.-; but i still have to argue cure freeze =) cure freeze on a fo is useless on df. now before you go "wtf this guy is retarded", hear me out. with a fo (not sure about fomarl) if you cast 2gifoie when df goes down to do his rabarta, it helps alot... making the third form a breeze. surviving the rabarta itself is really np and the 2gifoie will kill the spiky things before they even come up out of the ground- making them harmless.

EDIT: accidentally put second form instead of thirdd -.-; and i too use cure paralysis on my fonewm. i never said they were useless on fo's ^-^;;

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: shinto_kuji on 2003-12-15 13:17 ]</font>

heyf00L
Dec 15, 2003, 04:27 PM
Casting Gifoie might work decently well, but I doubt it's 100% effective (it might be, I'm not sure). Forces that have Cure/Freeze and then just cast Resta after Falz's Rabarta attack can keep the whole team alive.

I can't think of too many other Cure/Freeze. But like I said, a force should have a Cure/Paralysis on (especially for caves or temple) and possibly a Cure/Shock but not necessarily.

And God/HP is great for leveing a new character. The extra HP really helps when fighting Falz and Olga because a lot of their attacks just take off a certain amount of HP. God/HP let's you get those low level characters to the next difficutly so they can level up really fast.

shinto_kuji
Dec 15, 2003, 04:40 PM
if you cast them at the right time then they work everytime (at least they have every time i use my fonewm). oh, and about the cure slow on df- if you carry sol atomizers, they are (almost) as effective ^-^ ya i always used god hp to beat df... hm am i the only one who wants trap search back? trap visions are ok but id love one for either one of my fo =

Hrith
Dec 15, 2003, 04:59 PM
I really could not do the following areas witout the following Cure/ units :

Forest : Slow, Shock, Freeze (boss)
Cave : Freeze, Paralysis !!!!!!
Mines : Slow !!, Confuse, Shock
Ruins : Paralysis (SACRED CLOTH), Slow, Confuse, Freeze
VR Temple : Freeze, Paralysis, Shock
VR Spaceship : Slow, Confuse
Gal Da Val Islands : Slow !!!!! Confuse, Shock, Freeze for Terra using mainly FROZEN SHOOTER in Towers
Seabed : Confuse, Freeze, Shock

Hardly any room for any other unit knowing I always have God/Battle equipped (not on Hedoba, d'oh), is there ?

Slow and Confuse aren't legit.

heyf00L
Dec 16, 2003, 01:57 PM
if you carry sol atomizers, they are (almost) as effective
Sol Atomizers, at least for me, are never in abundance. You rarely can buy them from the store and they don't drop all that often. Maybe it's just because I'm usually feeding them to a mag >.< Cure/Slow is for sure harder to find, but once you have it it's a permanent fix.

cjbelfor
Dec 16, 2003, 02:29 PM
On 2003-12-15 13:59, Kefka wrote:

Slow and Confuse aren't legit.

Huh?

cure/confuse is pipable, and I have seen Gee drop cure/slow several times.

Hrith
Dec 16, 2003, 02:31 PM
I was talking about mine >_<

heyf00L
Dec 16, 2003, 02:34 PM
I got a Cure/Confuse off a Redria Migium. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

shinto_kuji
Dec 16, 2003, 02:52 PM
i got my cure confuse from melqueek... i got 3red swords from melqueek in the same time it took me to get cure confuse =

Genoa
Dec 16, 2003, 03:46 PM
A RAmarl with FS is extremely cheap in battle. She can boost herself (shifta/deband) then lower enemy (jellen/zalure) and freeze the opponent. I beat my friend who is a duper. He's a HUmar lvl.118 using Dark Flow (sometimes Lavis Cannon) and i'm 117 and he never beats me. Though he almost did once. I hate random freezing... but then again, it's fair.

shinto_kuji
Dec 16, 2003, 04:00 PM
maybe because dark flow sucks=p unless your talking about ba then i guess its good, but any ra can beat any hu in ba and a fo can beat any char in ba... anyway, its not just frozen shooter, its good, but i think needle is better then frozen shooter (outside of mines anyway)... speaking of needle, im guessing needle will be an ep2 srank prize, can anyone say zalure needle? =O i like to go way off topic ^-^

Genoa
Dec 16, 2003, 04:04 PM
hehe, thats right. My lvl.88 FOmar beats him down in seconds. One Grants or Megid and he's out. 4 God/Techniques... he hates it. When I where them, I have all lvl. 30 Disks (you know which ones I mean). I pop out the corner and he goes "NOOO" and I chase him down with a Stick (no really... a stick) and then I go "DIE BY MEGID" (feeeouuuuumm) AAAAHHHH (dead). "YOU SUCK U KNOW THAT...CHEAP BAS****...) "your the one using duped weapons" , "So your magic's ....gay... yeah!" I love hearing him whine after a loss.

cjbelfor
Dec 16, 2003, 04:11 PM
On 2003-12-16 11:31, Kefka wrote:
I was talking about mine >_<

ah

Corey
Dec 16, 2003, 09:20 PM
Ugh...Frozen Shooter can be cheap.
I remember before I corrupted,that,this Ramarl would go around challenging people to beat them.I said why not,and my HU got pwned.I told her 3 kills later that she couldnt take it off without losing,and she refused.I told her to wait,and she ran off when i returned with my Cure freeze.So remember:Cure Freeze is GOOD in Battle.

Jazhara
Dec 18, 2003, 09:15 AM
All God Units except Ability, Battle and technique are extremely easy to get in VH Caves if you have the right IDs.