PDA

View Full Version : For the love of god..........

SaitoH
Apr 8, 2001, 06:21 PM
I entered the puck 9 lobby this afternoon and was greeted with a smiling Hitler symbol complete with swastika. I can't say how angry I was. I've had to put up with a million, juvenile masturbation symbols, but this was too much. For the love of god people it's a symbol of hate! I realize that most of the people I play with are about 15 years old but GROW UP! Little kids play this game for christ sake.
I just sorry I can't remember the name of this loser.
BAH, I gotta stop writing before I get real f**king mad!

CASH
Apr 8, 2001, 06:31 PM
I saw the same thing, but I saw it 3 times, from 3 different people, at 3 different times of the day. I was pissed! I am part Jewish, and thats the last thing I want to think about while playing a game. Did we go back to the 1940's? I mean, Hitler has been dead for over 50 years now, come on people... Give it a rest!I am getting tired of all this racial profiling on PSO...

Wereallmad
Apr 8, 2001, 09:39 PM
the swastica is not a symbol of hate. It was origionaly a religous symbol. There were Greek and Roman variations. It's been known as the broken cross, or the cross of hooks before.

Hitler used this as a symbol for the Nazi's because this symbol was commonly displayed in times of war.

Of course, I have no idea if the person in hte lobby meant to use it in a hatefull manner or not.

Glider
Apr 8, 2001, 09:44 PM
That's just asking for Sonic Team to limit the Symbol chat more. Sometimes I wish they would.

Tolwyn
Apr 8, 2001, 09:44 PM
The swastika is a picture of a peace symbol, but titled. Nazis used it as a war symbol, but if there is a straight edge along the bottom, that is the japanese(?) symbol for a sort of peace.

Cube
Apr 8, 2001, 09:49 PM
Wereallmad there is no need to get technical with this. The intention of this is pretty obvious...The swatic is a sign of hate, and racism.. And that is because of hitler... We dont live in greek, and roman times so the past meening isnt legiable in our time. A picture of hitler and the swastic sign is not accaptable in an enviroment like pso, and people like me wont stand for it.

Flea
Apr 8, 2001, 09:53 PM
The swastika was actually more or less a good luck symbol before the Nazis perverted it. The only difference was that the arms pointed the opposite direction ( See?? you really can learn something by reading manga!!) Regardless, racism, etc has no place in PSO.. I also hate people with perverted symbols.. I really love the idea of symbol chat, but some people go too far.

Castelak
Apr 8, 2001, 10:01 PM
yea, lots of ppl are pathetic... i see sex symbols or flashing symbols everywhere. Its really pathetic all these 13 year olds...

SSJ_Trunkz
Apr 8, 2001, 10:07 PM
Well, theres not much that anyone can do about it. Unless an ST member catches him in the act of doing it... Although I myself am a jew, and hate the Nazi party for what it did to my people. I cant go around persecuting people for their beliefs, then how much more better would I be than them?

Glider
Apr 8, 2001, 10:11 PM
The people who are doing that are probably just some ignorant kid. Someone who can't understand what it is like be put in a camp, and be chosen if they will go left to live, or right to die. People like this make we want them to suffer, make them understand that this stuff isn't a joke. It's just like those people who pray to the devil. If they were to ever go to Hell, they would cry and want out in seconds. They can't comprehend that when your in Hell it's for a eternity. To me, most of these people seem like spoiled, privileged people who have never experinced losing a parent, or anything important for that matter. It personally makes me want to lose everything that holds dear to them, but that wouldn't be right. I seriously doubt that these people who are doing this are really racist, just someone wanting attenion. Someone who thinks killing is cool, untill it happens to them.

Unfortunitly, the Swastika will be with us for the rest of our lives, and will remain in history forever. But you have to remember how much worse it would've been is Germany had won. It's also very satisifiying that Hitler, and all other true nazis for that matter are going to be burning in hell forever.

SSJ_Trunkz
Apr 8, 2001, 10:14 PM
I think its very important that the horrors of the holocaust are remembered, and not forgotten... Forgetting it only ensures it will happen again..

zanza
Apr 8, 2001, 10:34 PM
-PHTH!-
IF THEY WERE REAL NAZIS, WHY THE HELL ARE THEY PLAYING A JAPANESE PRODUCED GAME?!

SSJ_Trunkz
Apr 8, 2001, 10:57 PM
...............Someone tell this guy that the Japanese fought alongisde Nazi germany during WW2......in fact, the Japanese attacking Pearl Harbor was what encouraged the Americans to enter the war...

zanza
Apr 9, 2001, 12:17 AM
On 2001-04-08 20:57, SSJ_Trunkz wrote:
...............Someone tell this guy that the Japanese fought alongisde Nazi germany during WW2......in fact, the Japanese attacking Pearl Harbor was what encouraged the Americans to enter the war...[addsig]

OOPS...hehe...I GOT PUT IN MY PLACE.
SORRY, FORGOT...YES, I'M A DUMASS...OK???

CASH
Apr 9, 2001, 12:22 AM
On 2001-04-08 20:11, Glider wrote:
The people who are doing that are probably just some ignorant kid. Someone who can't understand what it is like be put in a camp, and be chosen if they will go left to live, or right to die. People like this make we want them to suffer, make them understand that this stuff isn't a joke. It's just like those people who pray to the devil. If they were to ever go to Hell, they would cry and want out in seconds. They can't comprehend that when your in Hell it's for a eternity. To me, most of these people seem like spoiled, privileged people who have never experinced losing a parent, or anything important for that matter. It personally makes me want to lose everything that holds dear to them, but that wouldn't be right. I seriously doubt that these people who are doing this are really racist, just someone wanting attenion. Someone who thinks killing is cool, untill it happens to them.

Unfortunitly, the Swastika will be with us for the rest of our lives, and will remain in history forever. But you have to remember how much worse it would've been is Germany had won. It's also very satisifiying that Hitler, and all other true nazis for that matter are going to be burning in hell forever.

Amen to that.

JayHale
Apr 9, 2001, 12:52 AM
I'm a little late as usual, but let me address this. The Symbol Chat is a great thing, I've saw some hilarious ones in all my time while on PSO, but none of them were of that nature. I think in a way it's like a form of self expression, some people choose to express themselves differently from others. Then there are those little kids out there that want to be totally different and get any attention, good or bad. Which is what this swastika thing was all about. No one really condones Adolf Hitler for what he did, but for some reason that damn little symbol draws allot of attention, most of which is negative. I don't think they are supporting Hitlers beliefs, merely making something for attention, something they view as cool, but also something they don't know the true meaning of. I'm not saying what he did was right, but don't let it bother you so much, even though Hitler was the most horrible disgrace known to man. Next time just turn the other cheek, don't even bother to express your anger or hatred, because they don't care, they're lost.

Lucidservant
Apr 9, 2001, 01:04 AM
What if the person spoken of dies without knowing peace of the heart... would any of you care?

hollowtip
Apr 9, 2001, 04:55 AM
Come on guys give me a break. This is America, and people should be able to express themselves anyway they want to. Sure you might hate them for it, but what makes America great is the fact is the right to free speach. Deal with it. The holocaust is over.

Omege12
Apr 9, 2001, 06:33 AM
Ya know, I think some of the perverted ones are sometimes funny. But like hitler and others which are just bad, those tick me off. I mean it's passover too..the nerve of some people....

Sisqua
Apr 9, 2001, 07:05 AM
Live with it. It's the real world. Shit happens.

Firstly, it's not the symbol that matters so much as what it stands for. If the kid has Hitler on his symbol chat because he thinks it's funny, then big deal. It's childish, juvenile, ignorant, but frankly I doubt he wants to exterminate 6 million innocent people. Anyway, since the war there have been numerous comedy movies featuring a parodied Hitler figure. Where do we draw the line?

If anything I'd be considerably more offended if I was a German player who encountered some stupid American kid with a Hitler on his symbol chat (and before anyone jumps down my throat, I'm assuming the kid was American through sheer statistical probability, however you can insert any other nation you care to mention).

S.

<font size=1>[ This message was edited by: Sisqua on 2001-04-09 05:06 ]</font>

Acel
Apr 9, 2001, 07:23 AM
Huh? Huh? Did someone confuse the Manji sign and the swastika?

Nex_Nergal
Apr 9, 2001, 08:01 AM
Quit being so damn sensitive!
And any love for "god", there's none.

SaitoH
Apr 11, 2001, 10:10 AM
No it was a Swastika.

As for being "sensitive", sorry, sometimes things make me angry.

I should also mention I am an atheist, "for the love of god" is just a phrase, that's it.

Live with it. It's the real world. Shit happens.

Yeah Sisqua, your right. I just felt the need to vent.

JohnnyKingOtaku
Apr 12, 2001, 06:56 AM
- the manji sign is a counterclockwise SVASTIKA

-It was not just a swastika it also had hitlers face complete with mustache and the open hand doing a zieg heil.

-OK right, this is America, I can say whatever I want. Thats why I plan to talk about how fun it is to club baby seals to death with my Akiko's Frying Pan! You get my point if you have a sarcastic bone in your body!

SaitoH
Apr 12, 2001, 09:36 AM
JohnnyKingOtaku, you musta ran into the same guy as i did.

Mazarin
Apr 13, 2001, 12:23 AM
Um... I made a Darth Mual and a Gemma face ^^;;;;;

They think they're cool. We know they're not. Giving an entire 4 page post about it is probably giving this kid a bulge. I say cut it out.

As NOFX once put it:

"F#CK THE KIDS F#CK THE KIDS F#CK THE KIDS!!!"

SaitoH
Apr 14, 2001, 09:23 AM
Well, in the spirit of the last comment. Nice job on your sig Mazarin! Very slick.