PDA

View Full Version : Attack aninmations and bonuses

BullKathos
Dec 13, 2003, 11:27 AM
i was just reading the post about the dude who wants to know what hunter to pick and poeple were talkin about attack anitmations. Are different classes anitmations actually faster? i knew they looked different but i never noticed speed. which classes have the fastest? also about forces, what classes have which bonuses to what techniques?

If they do attack faster then what if you added a god battle. will they attack even faster?

Hrith
Dec 13, 2003, 12:31 PM
Some classes have different animation and they are much faster (HUcaseal with Daggers, FOmarl with Slicers, RAmarl/HUcaseal with Claws, Females with GOD HAND, etc.), and are still affected by /Battle units.

ShadowFOrce
Dec 13, 2003, 01:02 PM
ok. FOnewms are good at hard techs like rafoie. FOnewearl's are good at simple techs like foie. HUcaseals are fast... And thats all i know

lain2k3
Dec 13, 2003, 02:21 PM
As a general rule for hunters, males have worse attack animation. HUcaseals and fomarls have rather unique animations for most weapons, which are superb in speed and entertainment value.

by that I refer to FOmarls unarmed animation.

SLAP!
SLAP!
SHOVE!

good stuff. and they use sabers like katanas, but faster. and they fire inferno bazooka faster than handguns.

Kazzi
Dec 13, 2003, 02:28 PM
HUnewearls move very fast with certain weapons i know that.

The slowest has to be any character using and 'Inferno Bazooka' i spent 10 minutes killing 3 rappys with it. Cool looking though. Just needs a tank.

lain2k3
Dec 13, 2003, 02:30 PM
On 2003-12-13 11:28, Kazzi wrote:
HUnewearls move very fast with certain weapons i know that.

The slowest has to be any character using and 'Inferno Bazooka' i spent 10 minutes killing 3 rappys with it. Cool looking though. Just needs a tank.

FOmarls fire inferno bazooka as fast a RAmarls fire handguns.

joluh
Dec 13, 2003, 03:34 PM
HUmar, RAcast, RAmar and FOnewm ((not sure if HUcast)), have the same attack animations for all weapons, if you'll use a Fist, you'll only hit two times probabbly, same with Claws and Slicers, other weapons are ok i guess

HUnewearl, FOnewearl and RAcaseal's animations for Fists, Claws, Double Sabers and Twin Sabers are reaaaally good, i love them =D

RAmarl's animations i don't know O_o, but i love her gun animation

FOmarl and FOmar's animation to me are pretty much the same, they are ok with all weapons, FOmarl with Inferno Bazooka it's uber fast, but i don't like it

HUcaseal... all her animations PWNZ!!!

that's all from myself ^_^

Hrith
Dec 13, 2003, 03:44 PM
On 2003-12-13 11:30, lain2k3 wrote :
FOmarls fire inferno bazooka as fast a RAmarls fire handguns.
Do not exaggerate, young paddawan, I have both, and FOmarl sure fires fast with INFERNO BAZOOKA but it still is slower than Handguns/Rifles and she still needs a lot of time to recover from the final hit.

Soukosa
Dec 13, 2003, 04:02 PM
On 2003-12-13 12:44, Kefka wrote:
Do not exaggerate, young paddawan, I have both, and FOmarl sure fires fast with INFERNO BAZOOKA but it still is slower than Handguns/Rifles and she still needs a lot of time to recover from the final hit.

They're not exaggerating. FOmarl's shot animation is around the speed of a RAmarl's handgun animation. Which ever is one faster, though, I don't know. I've never really taken the time to figure it out, but it very well could be faster.

Miki
Dec 13, 2003, 05:37 PM
Just tried the Inferno Bazooka out today with my Girlfriend's FOmarl. If saying "It's RAmarl handgun speed" is an exaggeration, it's not a HUGE exaggeration. She puts my Ranger to shame with that thing equipped. What was Sonic Team thinking?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Miki on 2003-12-13 14:38 ]</font>

lain2k3
Dec 13, 2003, 06:11 PM
On 2003-12-13 14:37, Miki wrote:
Just tried the Inferno Bazooka out today with my Girlfriend's FOmarl. If saying "It's RAmarl handgun speed" is an exaggeration, it's not a HUGE exaggeration. She puts my Ranger to shame with that thing equipped. What was Sonic Team thinking?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Miki on 2003-12-13 14:38 ]</font>

they were thinking to themselves, there has got to be at least one reason to use this piece of shit!

thus the FOmarl was born.

Squeege
Dec 13, 2003, 07:16 PM
What level does the FOmarl have to be to use the INFERNO BAZOOKA? I've really gotta see this for myself.

Nai_Calus
Dec 13, 2003, 07:18 PM
On 2003-12-13 12:34, joluh wrote:

FOmarl and FOmar's animation to me are pretty much the same

Except they're almost completely -not-. >_>; FOmar tends to have either stock male animations(Saber, rifle, partisan, slicer, etc) or his own unique one (Unarmed, wand, rod, I think someone mentioned once that his Claw animation was different?). XD

The male sword combo is almost unusable. Female is still eh, but it's better. Male sword tech is kind of slow.

Partisans own equally on all classes. Techs are semi-slow, but not that bad.

I don't like the default female Double Saber animation. HUcaseal's pwnz, and I like the male one. Male tech animation is essentially identical to using a Wand, and fairly fast. Have not actually used techs with a female.

Handguns are about the same all around, but RAmarl's looks best. Male tech seems faster, but it could just be me.

Sabers... Are more usable with a male than a female. I don't like the female combo, but I find the male one surprisingly usable. Casting speed is similarily speedy with both sexes.

Claws... Meh. HUnewearl/whoever shares it is best, I've heard, but... Yeah. No coments on casting speed.

Slicers... Can't say, only ever really used 'em on a male. The FOmar really needs his own animation for this, though, as the default male one looks REALLY stupid with his dress. >_<;;; Not too bad for techs, but eh.

Katanas... Meh. Female is supposedly better. Male casts techs same as Saber.

Daggers ...Make a HUcaseal. Suddenly all those godforsaken Cross Scars and Blade Dances and Bloody Arts ORAN finds look like a good idea. Anyone else... Blech. >_> Don't use daggers on fleshy classes, no clue.

Rifles are about the same overall. Tech speed about the same.

Shots universally are entirely too slow for my taste. Don't cast with 'em, so.

Mechguns are about the same. All classes seem about the same for tech speed, but I would note that here the FOmar has a unique animation which is fairly nifty-looking.

Rods: I don't know, for some odd reason I don't melee with Force weapons. Don't use them on a FOnewm unless you want to die laughing? Casting speed slow on a FOmar, better than a Wand on a FOnewearl, haven't used on FOmarl/newm.

Wands: See Rods. Decent with a FOmar/newm, a bit slow for my taste on my FOnewearl, haven't used yet on my FOmarl.

Canes: ...As far as I can tell, Canes are basically identical to Sabers in their use.

Cards: Don't use. At all.

Anything I forgot I really, -really- don't use. >_>;

Hrith
Dec 13, 2003, 07:20 PM
I'll make it clear for everyone : I HAVE BOTH.
And it IS an exaggeration, she may fire fast (although not first shell if you look closely) but she needs time to recover while this is not the case with a Handgun.

hem, hem, sorry Ian, but you made quite a few mistakes, probably from the fact that you lack experience of some characters. I do not mean to sound condescending or anything but I have to correct for information's sake.

The male sword combo is almost unusable.
As far as I know, the male combo is faster and a lot easier to use.

Partisans own equally on all classes.
That is true, but still males are faster, and FOmarl is even slower (reason I do not use SOUL BANISH).

I don't like the default female Double Saber animation. HUcaseal's pwnz, and I like the male one.
You forgot to mention the FOmarl has her own animation which is even better than the HUcaseal's, IMO.

Sabers... Are more usable with a male than a female. I don't like the female combo, but I find the male one surprisingly usable.
I like female's better, a lot.

Claws... Meh. HUnewearl/whoever shares it is best.
HUcaseal/RAmarl have the best, not HUnewearl.

Slicers...
FOmarl, not the least doubt, then females.

Katanas... Meh. Female is supposedly better. Male casts techs same as Saber.
Female is not better, and females too cast techs same as sabers.

Mechguns are about the same. All classes seem about the same for tech speed, but I would note that here the FOmar has a unique animation which is fairly nifty-looking.
So does the FOmarl, especially when casting.

Rods
Surprisingly good on a FOmar, flinches monsters backwards more than other weapons or classes, very useful to know when playing C-mode.

It was a very good idea to mention casting speed, I must say.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kefka on 2003-12-13 16:44 ]</font>

Soukosa
Dec 13, 2003, 07:24 PM
On 2003-12-13 16:20, Kefka wrote:
I'll make it clear for everyone : I HAVE BOTH.

Yeah.. and you're not the only one that has both and can make that sort of judgement.

shinto_kuji
Dec 13, 2003, 07:30 PM
the point is- even if it does fire close to the speed of a handgun, the bazooka has a fairly long recovery time after the combo is finished... handgun has close to none.

BullKathos
Dec 13, 2003, 08:30 PM
thanks for the info guys! its been helpful... However it seems to me the males got the short end of the stick in the animations department.. femals seem to haver better in just about everything. I wonder if thats because the males do more damage then the females? any feedback on that?

dj_dan
Dec 13, 2003, 08:33 PM
Yes, males have greater ATP on a class specific comparison. To better balance things out, minor tweaks in the animation have been made.

BullKathos
Dec 13, 2003, 08:47 PM
ah i see... i still wish the males had better attack animations. maybe the same speed but they looked cooler. males are strong so they can do more stuff with the weps

Hrith
Dec 13, 2003, 09:13 PM
Males tend to have better animations on mutli-target weapons.

And I strongly disagree to say that on the whole females have better animation.

Black000Moon
Dec 13, 2003, 09:33 PM
I don't think anybody mentioned the bonuses to spells so here i will....

power being damage added by the percent. lets say a foie does 100 damage to a booma. a +30% would make it 130 damage (I think?)

range eh i think this is obvious = )

FOmar: power +30% gifoie, gibarta,gizonde,grants
range x2 deband shifta

FOmarl: Power +50% grants (which equals BIG grants damage)
range x2 deband,shifta,resta,anti

FOnewm: power +30% Gifoie,gibarta,gizonde,rafoie,rabarta,razonde

FOnewearl: power +30% foie,barta,zonde
range x 2 resta,anti,megid

Black000Moon
Dec 13, 2003, 09:40 PM
On 2003-12-13 16:16, Squeege wrote:
What level does the FOmarl have to be to use the INFERNO BAZOOKA? I've really gotta see this for myself.

erm not level accuracy requirment....i would expect around level 50ish to 70ish maybe(if you want to use it sooner equip accuracy units)

NoaIzumi
Dec 14, 2003, 09:47 AM
by that I refer to FOmarls unarmed animation.

SLAP!
SLAP!
SHOVE!

Reminds me of this time they had jelly wrestling at the local ummmm....library....

ADE
Dec 14, 2003, 09:55 AM
As a general rule for hunters, males have worse attack animation. "
----------------------------------------

Actually that is not true. People mistakedly believe that since the female attack animations are generally faster, that they're generally better.

What they fail to see is that females don't lunge forward as far with their attacks, and don't knock enemies back as far, either. This significantly decreases their stopping power, and leaves them vunerable to counterattack.

Also, faster animations come with a price. If you attack too fast, the enemy will not flinch on the second attack, and you will be countered before your third attack. So remember, faster attacks are not always necessairly better http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

-Luke-
Dec 14, 2003, 12:03 PM
Good point ADE, but I still don't like the male sword or female saber animations. he moves too far forward with the last slide, and gets hit. I find it easier to move away faster with a partisan or saber. With the female saber animation, it is cooler than the male version, but has the same problem with the silly little slide at the end.
Luke

Hrith
Dec 14, 2003, 12:13 PM
Swords are not made to let you avoid blows after the 3rd hit, that's why they are so much more powerful than Partisans. If you don't wanna get hurt only use the first two combos http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

BullKathos
Dec 14, 2003, 01:36 PM
i made a HUcaseal and i love her. The attac animation are awsome! and the spead really helps alot with the daggers. I think Partisen speed and slicer speed is slower then the Males though...

I think speed is better then strenght cause in ultimate mode the enemys move and attack crazy fast so you need to get ur hits in before they take a swing at you.

Hrith
Dec 14, 2003, 02:39 PM
On 2003-12-14 10:36, BullKathos wrote :
i made a HUcaseal and i love her. The attack animation are awesome! and the spead really helps alot with the daggers. I think Partisen speed and slicer speed is slower then the Males though...
Partisan, yes ; Slicer, no http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

I think speed is better then strenght cause in ultimate mode the enemys move and attack crazy fast so you need to get ur hits in before they take a swing at you.
It's all about timing, really.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kefka on 2003-12-14 11:39 ]</font>

lain2k3
Dec 14, 2003, 04:15 PM
as far as FOmarls having their own doublesaber animation, they really dont.
It is the exact same motions, but maybe, a little slower. definetely not better.

and male saber animation is undoubtedly better...
The females animation really does step in too much, and doesnt push back far enough to compensate.

also, male katana animation has that last attack that takes twice as long as the rest of the combo...no 3 hits, and you're fine, though.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: lain2k3 on 2003-12-14 13:45 ]</font>

Eeyore
Dec 14, 2003, 05:18 PM
There's no difference in partisan animations except in the FOmarl. The female and male sword animation is same speed. The female sword animation is just better because of the no step forward after third swing.

lain2k3
Dec 14, 2003, 05:40 PM
On 2003-12-14 14:18, Eeyore wrote:
There's no difference in partisan animations except in the FOmarl. The female and male sword animation is same speed. The female sword animation is just better because of the no step forward after third swing.

in females sword animation, the space between the first and second swing is noticeabley less.

navci
Dec 14, 2003, 05:49 PM
Soo... let me try to gather the points being made here, it's confusing.

Swords: female
Partisans: male
Saber: male
Slicer: female
Claw: female
Dagger: ... HUcaseal? I dunno
Katana: female

Am I right?
So... Double Sword? Twin Sabers?

I don't assume a difference in gun=type weapons, and, it probably doesn't matter, ne?

Hrith
Dec 14, 2003, 06:27 PM
On 2003-12-14 13:15, lain2k3 wrote :
As far as FOmarls having their own doublesaber animation, they really dont.
It is the exact same motions, but maybe, a little slower. definetely not better.
Yeah, right... That's not the kind of things you should say to a guy with a Lv 164 RAmarl and Lv 157 FOmarl. FOmarl has her own double saber animation and it rocks. HUcaseal's looks better but is as good as others'.

On 2003-12-14 14:49, navi wrote :
Swords : female males and FOmarl (she gets male animation)
Partisans : male any
Sabers/Canes : male female
Slicers : female
Claws : female HUcaseal/RAmarl
Daggers : HUcaseal, definitely, and FOmarl sucks at them
Katanas : female any
Twin Swords : female if you do not have a God/Battle
Twin Sabers : FOmarl
Handguns : RAmarl, for looks, FOmarl is slower
Rifle : haven't noticed a difference
Shots : FOmarl !!! well...
Cards : any
Rods : FOmar
Wands : FOmar
Launchers : females, definitely
Mechguns : haven't noticed a difference
Got it ?
Of course, it's my point of view. But if you say, for instance, "females get better Sword animation" then you're wrong cuz I think they do not, and if they were really better nobody would disagree.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kefka on 2003-12-14 15:29 ]</font>

BullKathos
Dec 14, 2003, 06:46 PM
The HUcaseal animation and the male animations are different. only slightly but they are.

On the female animation she swings the sword a little lower and on the last swing she doesnt do the jump she slashes at the waist.

I think they are botht the same speed but they are different

Hrith
Dec 14, 2003, 06:50 PM
On 2003-12-14 15:46, BullKathos wrote:
The HUcaseal animation and the male animations are different. only slightly but they are.
Which weapon are you talking about ?

On the female animation she swings the sword a little lower and on the last swing she doesnt do the jump she slashes at the waist.
"jump" ??? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif

Hrith
Dec 14, 2003, 06:56 PM
Why cannot I delete it ? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kefka on 2003-12-14 16:07 ]</font>

Nai_Calus
Dec 14, 2003, 07:19 PM
It's that last little step foward at the end of the female saber combo that annoys me. Then again, I don't usually do full combos if I'm using a saber for some reason(C-mode, or an enemy in normal play I can only get in one hit at a time on, might as well use something with 750 ATP so it dies faster)

Maybe I just don't like Swords. :razz: Probably stems from using Sword Swords way back and recently in C3, and the joyful way I missed most of the time on the -first- attack. Normal-Heavy-run away doesn't work if you can't make it hit. :razz:

And my lack of familiarity with FOmarl animations likely stems from the fact that mine is still only L8 and I for some reason have not attempted to melee with her yet.

...FOmar's claw animation is weird. The first two hits are really fast, but barely move you, and then the third hit takes forever because he spins around before he hits. X_x; Tech animation is unarmed, presuming same for other classes.

Hrith
Dec 14, 2003, 07:21 PM
On 2003-12-14 16:19, Ian-KunX wrote :
Tech animation is unarmed, presuming same for other classes.
AFAIK, yes.

navci
Dec 14, 2003, 07:44 PM
Claws : female HUcaseal/RAmarl

And I thought HUnewearl has the best claw animation. Hmmm hmmmmm

Edit: So overally speaking males do have sucky animations. Awww.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: navi on 2003-12-14 16:45 ]</font>