PDA

View Full Version : Where can I access serial and key information

Miki
Dec 13, 2003, 01:15 PM
Here's my problem. Back in the day, I had characters of my own on my friend's memory card. I just recently got his memory cards, when he got out of PSO. I'm trying to take them online, but they appear to remember his old serial and access key, even when I delete the network setup and guild card file.

So here's my question. Is there any way to get these numbers changed over to my own without deleting my high-level characters?

Rich_T
Dec 13, 2003, 04:32 PM
If he no longer plays PSO, and has no intention of doing so again then you can always ask him for the serial number/access key card, or buy the game off him, complete with serial number and acces key, with those numbers to hand, call up sega and explain the situation to them, they should be able to re-setthe numbers to your name.

Miki
Dec 14, 2003, 12:00 AM
Oh, I've already got the numbers... If I pop up the Options screen and look at the Serial Info/etc. it's right there. Good thing too, we didn't separate on the best of terms.

Think Sega will actually do something about it?

Rich_T
Dec 14, 2003, 06:58 AM
If youve got the numbers, write them down.
is your 'freind' still playing PSO?
if not then you can give sega a call, and ask them to change the password, and username associated with that account to one that you can choose.
although that does mean that your freind will no longer be able to play PSO online with those serial numbers/access keys, so ask him first.

Miki
Dec 15, 2003, 08:28 PM
Sega customer service said they can't do that... I think I'm just going to give up on playing PSO, at least online. I'm tired of paying money for the right to jump through hoops and pray my online connection works, and doesn't delete my characters.

Greenie
Dec 19, 2003, 03:02 AM
I am going through the same exact thing you are. I bought my copy of PSO from a friend I used to play on the DC version with. I have the game, box serial # and everythign but the information is under his mothers name and I can't get that information changed to mine....

He gave me the user ID and password to change the info over to me, but he gave e his profile on the Sega Message boards not PSO, so his mom has been charged for the past year that I have had it...

I offered to pay for the past years HL, but evidently that's not enough..so I'm up the creek...

I'm hoping that when Episode III comes out I can transfer my chars over and play online with them then.. anyone playing EP III or PLus that can confirm or shoot down this theory?