PDA

View Full Version : SKY TWIN

RalfWiggum
Dec 13, 2003, 08:19 PM
S-rank twin ... heLLLLLLLa rare but any good over all i dont know and i have it

Hrith
Dec 13, 2003, 08:24 PM
Very good on Rangers, provided you melee. Excellent on Human Forces. Ok on Hunters since you can choose its special.

Firocket1690
Dec 13, 2003, 09:01 PM
Or it can be a Yellow Double Saber (TP steal) http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif
Just say "I painted it yellow!"

Delsaber
Dec 14, 2003, 12:34 AM
"Hella rare?" Not really since you can get it doing C-Mode well.

joluh
Dec 14, 2003, 04:38 AM
you again, with your spaming topics!??!...

Nai_Calus
Dec 14, 2003, 07:02 AM
On 2003-12-13 18:01, Firocket1690 wrote:
Or it can be a Yellow Double Saber (TP steal) :P
Just say "I painted it yellow!"

...S-Rank Twin is orangish. >P

My FOmar's favorite over-duped S-Rank is the Zero Twin, which wins for the fact that it's got the same name as my FOmar. Heh.

Lord_Sloth
Dec 14, 2003, 08:06 AM
I don't consider any S-Rank to be worth goin through C-Mode! The only advantage they have is the fact that you can name them!

Nai_Calus
Dec 14, 2003, 08:30 AM
On 2003-12-14 05:06, Lord_Sloth wrote:
I don't consider any S-Rank to be worth goin through C-Mode! The only advantage they have is the fact that you can name them!

...And add a special of your choosing to them, and the fact that they're actually fairly decent weapons, and... >P

An S-Rank Twin is the best Double Saber-type a FOmar can use. It's also the only one other than the stock basic Double Saber he can use... I mean, hell, he almost has a better selection of -Rifles-. FOmarl actually -does- have a better selection of Rifles- Bringer's, Holy Ray and Angel Harp. The S-Rank Twin is also her best and only other Double Saber.

The Jellen/Zalure specials are supposedly higher than L30, from what I've heard. I haven't confirmed this for myself(I would need to dupe some pdrops, slap one of 'em on a duped s-rank, and go do battle mode with myself and my max-statted FOmar with maxed out techs. If it is true, that's insane. If it isn't it's still a huge asset to any droid, or a RAmar. They can't cast their own J/Z, which are support techs I personally consider even more important than S/D.

People have noted that from the stats on the hacked S-rank Needle, that it's actually a more reliable weapon damage-wise than the Spread Needle, and you can put a more useful special than Paralysis on an S-rank. Sure, it's great in most of the game, when it works, but doesn't do much good in Mines, now does it? Can't paralyze machines.

Custom names are far from the only advantage S-ranks have.

-Luke-
Dec 14, 2003, 08:58 AM
I would love the s-ranks if they weren't orange...*cringe*
Luke

Nai_Calus
Dec 14, 2003, 09:58 AM
Ok, some quick dupe-y confirmation...

*takes HUmar and max-statted FOmar to F1 in battle*

HUmar uses L15 Jellen on FOmar: 1002 ATP to 721.
Special is used: Down to 695. Not much of a difference, but it is better for anyone who doesn't have it or a HUmar... Not sure about L20 Jellen, don't have a RAmarl/HUnewearl with it. The free cost of it is good if you want to save on TP as well, I suppose.

HUmar uses L15 Zalure on FOmar: 470 DFP to 413. How useful?
Special is used: DFP goes down to 279. Helios cannot overwrite it with L30 Deband.
FOmar uses L30 Zalure on HUmar: 618 DFP to 324.
FOmar uses special: DFP decreases to 300.
Not much of a difference, but this is useful for -any- class, really, especially since it seems to ignore EVP and hit regardless - Helios blocks almost everything. Cheap as shit for battle mode, nobody can overwrite it, all they can do is Anti 6 it. And if you're a HUmar, a droid, or just don't have Anti 6 yet, well... Yeah. XD

Almost don't need a Force for Zalure, heh.

Hrith
Dec 14, 2003, 10:03 AM
Sol Atomizers cure J/Z.

A2K
Dec 14, 2003, 10:29 AM
Yeah, uh, Sol Atomizers do that. Kefka just p0wn3d you there, chief. Hee hee. =P

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: A2K on 2003-12-14 07:29 ]</font>

Lord_Sloth
Dec 14, 2003, 10:29 AM
On 2003-12-14 05:58, L_evans wrote:
I would love the s-ranks if they weren't orange...*cringe*
Luke

Too bad they didn't let you choose a color like you do your hair!

lain2k3
Dec 14, 2003, 03:50 PM
S-ranks should be white! glowy white.

then they would be distiguishable from gladius's and caliburs.

heyf00L
Dec 14, 2003, 04:02 PM
So the jellen isn't so great, but the zalure is over level 30? If I'm still around when the new S Ranks come out I'll be getting a needle and slapping zalure on that. Then my RAcast would actually be able to solo. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Barubary6
Dec 14, 2003, 04:08 PM
i like my wand that I named simply ^_^ with no base name. =^_^=

-- Barubary

Hrith
Dec 14, 2003, 06:11 PM
On 2003-12-14 13:08, Barubary6 wrote:
i like my wand that I named simply ^_^ with no base name. =^_^=

-- Barubary
he he http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

btw, the Jellen IS good, trust Kefka (the HUcast, not me) Seabed's so easy with a Jellen S-RANK SWORD.

Nai_Calus
Dec 14, 2003, 08:00 PM
Ah, that's right. I can't believe I forgot that. Probably because I don't get J/Z that often. I think the last time I actually -did- get it I was using my FOmar and thus merely renewed everyone's S/D while I overwrote it. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

And yes, the Jellen is good, as I said, if you don't have better yourself, which is half the classes in this game. (Someone got a RAmarl/HUnewearl with L20 Jellen they'd like to volunteer for testing purposes so we can try to pinpoint the exact level of the Jellen? LOL)

That Zalure, though, whoo.

Further adding to the illegitimacy of my testing was that not only were the pdrops and s-rank duped, it was an s-rank J-cutter. XD

Heh, I like your Wand's name too, Baru. XD

shinto_kuji
Dec 14, 2003, 10:09 PM
jellen and zalure on sranks are level 40. add either to an srank (zalure is more usefull) slicer (for a hu) or an srank shot(for a ra) and you have a character that doesn't need a fo to kill well. add on the fact that you can get lv30 sd from m&y pb... at least i think its lv30, you can completely destroy anything even with an android. i mean, me and a jp friend of mine did west tower on ult with 2hucaseals and had np with using zalure.

Nai_Calus
Dec 14, 2003, 10:22 PM
On 2003-12-14 19:09, shinto_kuji wrote:
jellen and zalure on sranks are level 40. add either to an srank (zalure is more usefull) slicer (for a hu) or an srank shot(for a ra) and you have a character that doesn't need a fo to kill well. add on the fact that you can get lv30 sd from m&y pb... at least i think its lv30, you can completely destroy anything even with an android. i mean, me and a jp friend of mine did west tower on ult with 2hucaseals and had np with using zalure.

Jellen is less than L30, and possibly less than L20, I do not have a character with L20 to test this. Zalure is over 30, though I doubt it's L40.

Mylla&Youlla is somewhere around L21 on it's own, from what I've heard(And it's definitely less than L30, I've compared my HUmar with M&Y and my HUmar with my FOmar S/Ding him, and my FOmar does better). Chained, it quite easily surpasses L30, and and 4-way PB chain will utterly break your mind with the insane ATP boost.

shinto_kuji
Dec 14, 2003, 10:31 PM
oh, well i never actually tested jellen so i just kinda assumed it was the same as zalure =p. i tested zalure with my fonewm and it seems to come around lv.40. it may not be exactly lv40, but its close. thanks for correcting me on the m&y pb because i really wasn't sure and im kinda lazy to try it out so... ya^-^

Hrith
Dec 14, 2003, 10:33 PM
Mylla & Youlla is exactly Lv 21, and I volunteer to test the S-RANK Zalure with Terra.

Nai_Calus
Dec 14, 2003, 11:06 PM
On 2003-12-14 19:33, Kefka wrote:
Mylla & Youlla is exactly Lv 21, and I volunteer to test the S-RANK Zalure with Terra.

Want to do it yourself with your characters offline, or do you just want to meet me online somewhere and we can abuse my HUmar? And it's the Jellen that needs testing, did I say it was the Zalure somewhere? >_< Eek, I must be out of it tonight.

Nai_Calus
Dec 15, 2003, 02:33 AM
Got on to clear my mind from the annoyance that is Java, and ran into a HUnewearl friend with L20 Jellen, so we tested. It's below L20, I'll guesstimate approximately L17, since it seems to be about in the middle of a HUmar's and a HUnewearl's. This is still good if you want to save on TP, or do not have your own that's better.

Figures:

HUmar, unarmed, 949 base ATP:

L20 Jellen: 623 ATP

S-rank Jellen: 659 ATP

And as has already been noted, above a HUmar's Jellen, so, somewhere around L17. This concludes my random experimentation with this, and I close with a note that I want an S-rank J-Cutter with a better name. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

drizzle
Dec 15, 2003, 07:21 AM
With the Zalure on my S-Rank shot I do 5 more damage than with L30 Zalure so I guess it's level 31 http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

PB Chain S/D are roughly level 21, 41, 61 and 81.

shinto_kuji
Dec 15, 2003, 04:30 PM
ah well, i guess im not someone you want to test something then>.<

Soukosa
Dec 15, 2003, 04:58 PM
On 2003-12-14 19:33, Kefka wrote:
Mylla & Youlla is exactly Lv 21

When I checked it, it was more like lv 20.5.