PDA

View Full Version : THE BSOD PREVENTION METHOD THAT WORKS (I HOPE)

Anonymous
Apr 8, 2001, 10:55 PM
I have never had BSOD, but I have grabbed this info from numerous FAQs. I have also heard the same from many people with over lvl 60 characters. This method works for most people, that is, if you do it RIGHT. If you do it correctly, you'll lose nothing.

You will be tempted to turn the Dreamcast off if this happens to you. DONT!!! Turning off the dreamcast is what kills your character. If you can find something else to do. Simply DISCONNECT THE PHONE CORD FROM YOUR DREAMCAST. When your dreamcast recovers, if it does, you will disconnect and automatically your character will be saved. Even if you never get a regular screen back, most likely this will happen anyway. Give it some time. If you really care about your character, this will save you loads of time in thew long run.

I hope this helps all of you. By the way, make sure your controller stays in the whole time you leave the dreamcast on!! When save files dont save properly and the dreamcast is turned off, that can cause inventory deletion.

Thanks for reading, and happy PSOing!
Johnny
lvl 26 RaMar "Mr. Deckert"
lvl 31 FoNewm "Zann Bruun"
lvl 1 HuCast "Jehuty"

Sega doesn't suck!
PSO 4 EVA

killerb255
Apr 11, 2001, 06:57 PM
About 80% of the time, that works. I got BSODed twice (have to update my sig) and could not recover from either. The first time was mid-warp, the second was reviving someone else, then dying during the Easter tournament (I hope he didn't get the BSOD, otherwise his Spread Needle's gone...). I'm thinking the latter was a server update to take away the Easter decorations.

Both times, I only lost what was not equipped in my inventory (just some healing stuff...I don't use auxillary weapons or Mags).

Arliman
Apr 16, 2001, 04:27 AM
Ok, here is the BSOD protection that they built into the game. It's called a soft reset. Hit all 4 face buttons (A,B,X,Y) and start. This will end the game and bring you to the save screen, and will not reset to the SEGA logo. It's saved my a$$ on numerous occasions. BSOD has met it's match, and I'm suprised noone has posted this sooner.

shortiboi4
Apr 16, 2001, 11:16 PM
Are you sure? I ran into BSOD twice and I tried that 1000 times before turning off DC (unfortunately before I knew about unplugging phone cord).