PDA

View Full Version : Define Legit

chantez131313
Dec 15, 2003, 10:45 AM
Ill ask some more questions after you answer the first.

jammuto
Dec 15, 2003, 10:49 AM
a legit item: one that is found after looking for a long time, and rightfully earned

a legit player: one who does not hack, or dupe, and actually spends time, and hard work on pso

there is no definition of just...legit...i think

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: jammuto on 2003-12-15 07:50 ]</font>

rena-ko
Dec 15, 2003, 10:50 AM
playing the game like it was planned to be.

Superguppie
Dec 15, 2003, 10:50 AM
There already have been threads with that title. Although they are quite old already...
The bottom line was there were points on which there was agreement (such as duping and hacking on the isn't and twinking on the is) and points on which there was not. (such as recoboxing and telepiping) If you're really interested, do a search or something

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Superguppie on 2003-12-15 07:51 ]</font>

chantez131313
Dec 15, 2003, 11:22 AM
Well, i did a search and i found...nothing of use. Maybe im not looking hard enough...

Anyhow, this is whats been bothing me. Before i got online, i had plenty of good, legit stuff. And whats been bothering me is that, can i give some of my legit stuff to my other legit characters? I mean, (me and someone had a discussion last night on this) Sega Team knew that people were gonna give their lower level characters some of their higher level characters stuff, like lvl 200 mags, weapon, armor, etc. And you still play the game like the way it is. You would still have to find your other rares the same way, raise your mags the same way, kill enemies the same way (cept easier).

So, to sum this all up, if i gave my new legit character some of my other characters legit stuff, will i still be legit? Cause seriously folks, i WANT to play the game like its suppposed to be play.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: chantez131313 on 2003-12-15 08:23 ]</font>

PaleKid15
Dec 15, 2003, 11:24 AM
yes

Stalfos333
Dec 15, 2003, 11:54 AM
Twinking, I feel, is entirely within the spirit of the game as it was intended. The game is all about trading, as can be seen by the fact that no ID covers everything any class would want. Sonic Team allowed you to trade items on the same memory card, which usually means the same person.

Basically, you still raised the mag. You still found the items. Concievably, you could have just had the new character sit on Pioneer 2 and fed your mag to level 200, so you really haven't done anything for the new character that he couldn't have done himself in the same amount of time, aside from a few different items. There's no question in my mind that twinking is legit.

The telepipe trick, I'm not so sure about. ;0)

chantez131313
Dec 15, 2003, 12:06 PM
So that's what twinking is...

Thanks all!!! Im so happy!!! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

jammuto
Dec 15, 2003, 12:33 PM
o i get wat u meen...ya i did that with a ramar thismornin, and now hes on hard mode at lv 16...its soo not cheatin...

Superguppie
Dec 15, 2003, 01:04 PM
Well, the question seems answered. Twinking is accepted by all but the most uptight (no offense meant, just don't have any other word for it) legits around.
And I am amazed you didn't find any. In the search box at the bottom I typed "define legit" and got a list long enough to choke on. (some entries not of much use, but only some) Among the entries was even a thread I started...
http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=68680&forum=4

You may like to check out the "Cheaters" topic group, that's pretty much the place for questions just like this one....

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Superguppie on 2003-12-15 10:06 ]</font>

Zarana
Dec 15, 2003, 01:54 PM
"Annoying."

-Luke-
Dec 15, 2003, 02:06 PM
From my experience and long hard arguments in the Cheaters section, here's what I learned, (mixed with my opinion)
Cheating:
Hacking (obvious)
AR codes (obvious)
NOling (obvious)
FSODX (obvious)
Duping and spreading them (yes, but read on)

Not Cheating
Duping to backup your items (cos they are yours, and you dont want to lose em)
Twinking (because you found the stuff legitly)
Trading (as long as you are sure they found it legitly, good luck with that online...

Well, thas how I see it...
Luke

Hrith
Dec 15, 2003, 03:43 PM
On 2003-12-15 11:06, L_evans wrote:
From my experience and long hard arguments in the Cheaters section, here's what I learned, (mixed with my opinion)
Cheating:
Hacking (obvious)
AR codes (obvious)
NOling (obvious)
FSODX (obvious)
Duping and spreading them (yes, but read on)

Not Cheating
Duping to backup your items (cos they are yours, and you dont want to lose em)
Twinking (because you found the stuff legitly)
Trading (as long as you are sure they found it legitly, good luck with that online...

Well, thas how I see it...
Luke
I agree except that spreading is not making you unlegit at all, I like to see people with a 55/15/25/0/0 SOUL BANISH, for instance, and say "I found it" LMAO !!

joluh
Dec 15, 2003, 04:05 PM
On 2003-12-15 07:50, rena-ko wrote:
playing the game like it was planned to be.

AMEN!!!

Dillon
Dec 15, 2003, 05:42 PM
And here I thought I was going to have an argument on my return to the forums. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

I agree with all of that.

I did the same with my characters..and got a HUmar into Ult. at level 43. (Upped to 44 after killing Falz)

And I still do the same thing today..like when I find a weak armor with 4 slots (that I'm not stocking up on..since I CAN NOT find them when needed)

Makes the game that much more fun.