PDA

View Full Version : Disabling Call Waiting

Curiosity
Dec 15, 2003, 12:13 PM
erm, scratch that.. found it.. new question is, will it automatically "pause" after the disable string for the dial tone before it dials? or is there a way i can "force" it to wait a couple seconds for the dial tone after the disable string?

since i can't get my damn BBA working right and for whatever reason the phone line i use keeps getting frigging calls, i needa reconfigure my stuff for whenever i play pso... >:|

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Curiosity on 2003-12-15 09:20 ]</font>

Rich_T
Dec 15, 2003, 12:47 PM
If you can disable the call waiting with a set of numbers, you should, theoreticly be able to add these numbers somewhere in your dial up options oin your gamecube, i would suggest that (if it exists) you add the disable code to the dial an outside line/extension option

Curiosity
Dec 16, 2003, 07:19 AM
in my area at least, *70 disables call waiting. and it's put in the "details" page of the Modem Settings page in the set up, the center button.

but i'm still not sure if it needs a "pause" after the *70 to give it enough time to get a dial tone again,if it automatically waits long enough or if there's a way to "force" it to wait a couple seconds for the dial tone.

either way tho, i still got kicked offline once when a call came in on that line... >__< i woulda won that battle too... :/

gallaugher
Dec 16, 2003, 09:57 AM
Put a comma or 2 after the *70 for a pause. You need it: