PDA

View Full Version : Lavis Cannon

Noone
Dec 15, 2003, 04:57 PM
Is the Lavis cannon any good? I have Redria, so i could luckily get it from a rare animal, but if it isn't any good... you get the drift.

Delsaber
Dec 15, 2003, 04:59 PM
It is pretty good. Once you get two syncestas it is even better, it turns into a double cannon.

EDIT: If you find one, leave it untekked. It's special will act like a slicer with lavis cannon power.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Delsaber on 2003-12-15 14:00 ]</font>

jammuto
Dec 15, 2003, 04:59 PM
heck ya! its one of the best weapons in the games, and if u get synecta or somthin it'll change and become lavis blade, and if u get another it'll become double cannon..u should go for it..

Noone
Dec 15, 2003, 07:05 PM
so is this from personal experience? Because if it is, then is it only good against one single enemy or a whole group?

Jason
Dec 15, 2003, 07:11 PM
On 2003-12-15 16:05, Noone wrote:
so is this from personal experience? Because if it is, then is it only good against one single enemy or a whole group?

Lavis Cannon - http://www.pso-world.com/items.php?op=viewarticle&artid=137&sortby=class

Lavis Blade - http://www.pso-world.com/items.php?op=viewarticle&artid=217&sortby=class

Double Cannon - http://www.pso-world.com/items.php?op=viewarticle&artid=436&sortby=class

Very eye-candy weapons yes.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jason on 2003-12-15 16:11 ]</font>

Noone
Dec 15, 2003, 07:22 PM
yeah, um i already i read about it there. That doesn't tell me much about how practical it is in battle, lavis cannon i mean. Cuz i rather not get something like a 12 star weapon, it's eleven i know, thats crap like the orotiagito. Eye candy you mean thats it's just like... useless.

Jason
Dec 15, 2003, 07:40 PM
On 2003-12-15 16:22, Noone wrote:
yeah, um i already i read about it there. That doesn't tell me much about how practical it is in battle, lavis cannon i mean. Cuz i rather not get something like a 12 star weapon, it's eleven i know, thats crap like the orotiagito. Eye candy you mean thats it's just like... useless.

You asked this,"... is it only good against one single enemy or a whole group?" That was when I decided to posted that in my previous post of this topic. I don't know myself, I only used the hacked Lavis Cannon and Lavis Blade from the DC which is now more useful on the GC. Of course, I play fully legit on the GC. If you think I'm weak, let me tell you this: I refused a Double Cannon from online that someone had dropped. And let me tell you this, too: The stars of the weapon does not matter. For example, a Heart of Poumn which is a 10 star weapon requires 850 ATP to use and it's the many players' favorite claw.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jason on 2003-12-15 16:45 ]</font>

Noone
Dec 15, 2003, 07:47 PM
thanks, the only reason i mentioned stars was that it usually harder to get the higher the stars, and since this one has a 1/21 drop rate percent from a rare jelly thing, not technical, in caves then i rather not waste my time for crap.

Jason
Dec 15, 2003, 07:51 PM
The drop rate of a Heart of Poumn, though, is pretty good from a Love Rappy. I got mine from the very first one I slayed. No %'s but I'm not complaining one little bit.

Atalanta
Dec 16, 2003, 07:09 AM
I've found 18 red slime in the caves with my Redria and got nothing worth mentioning. Are you saying that after 3 more tries, my chances of getting the Lavis Blades will incease? I've also been using my Purplenum in the Forest with no luck.

Raziel_Kai
Dec 16, 2003, 09:26 AM
On 2003-12-16 04:09, Atalanta wrote:
I've found 18 red slime in the caves with my Redria and got nothing worth mentioning. Are you saying that after 3 more tries, my chances of getting the Lavis Blades will incease? I've also been using my Purplenum in the Forest with no luck.

Nope... it doesn't mean that in 21 tries you will get one, or the chances increase for finding one.
It's pretty much random, the drop rate is to let you know how much time you gotta get ready for to finally get the item.

As for Purplenum Tollaws and their stinginess, better stick with the slimes. I've killed over a couple thousand Tollaws so far, not even a PD.
Of course, some ppl get lucky and get their Lavis Cannon in just a few dozen or hundred.

Superguppie
Dec 16, 2003, 09:42 AM
1/21 means, basicaly, that if you kill loads and loads of'em, and count'em, you will see that you have about 1 for each 21. However, when they will fall isn't clear. You may get 2 from the first 2 you kill, or you may get none for your first 100 kills. (Both are extremes you can't expect to actualy occur, but they might) Bottomline is, just keep trying until you get one. Chances of not having a single one after killing 42 of'em are really remote...
Good luck, I hope your next red beauty is the one.

shinto_kuji
Dec 16, 2003, 11:39 AM
i got mine after my first red slime and its (i think) the strongest saber in the game.

KaFKa
Dec 16, 2003, 11:52 AM
On 2003-12-16 08:39, shinto_kuji wrote:
i got mine after my first red slime and its (i think) the strongest saber in the game.

took me five red slimes...

and yes, it is the stringest saber in the game (should be, anyways...)

Jason
Dec 16, 2003, 01:46 PM
Of course the Lavis Cannon is the strongest saber in the game! Change it to Lavis Blade, and you'll have the strongest dagger. And change it to Double Cannon, you'll have the strongest twin saber. But in ATP the fully grinded Black King Bar is the strongest. But, the Double Cannon have the most accurary and its special is super.

Noone
Dec 16, 2003, 04:36 PM
http://faqs.ign.com/articles/394/394902p1.html
thats where i got my drop rates from, and the tollow drop rate says its 1 / 28,807 for tollows in purplenum. Yeah, it's true that the odds are always the same everytime you kill an enemy. But it's more likely you would get a rare item after killing like a hundred, then just one. Like playing a lottery like a million times rather then just one time. But... i take Ap calc and not Ap statistics.

Genoa
Dec 16, 2003, 05:31 PM
Sounds like were talking about lucky finds. hmm... I GOT ONE ! My force did Rafoie on Normal and these 3 Rappy's and all 3 of them Droped their wings ! Lucky or what!?

Noone
Dec 16, 2003, 06:43 PM
So i guess i should try to get one??? I mean the lavis cannon.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Noone on 2003-12-16 15:44 ]</font>

Genoa
Dec 16, 2003, 07:37 PM
Yeah its good, Special ability is good too. If/When you do get one, your next mission is to get Syncesta. Best ID for that, Oran -Ult-Forest-Hildetor (I think...) might wanna double-check me on that.

Genoa
Dec 16, 2003, 07:41 PM
not all items need to have 11 or 12 stars to be good. Examples... almost every weapon that isn't Lavis, Heaven, or Psycho (not the gun...) The 4 primary (supposedly) Ultimate Weapons are
Lavis Cannon
Heaven Punishment
Psycho Wand
Agito (AUW 1975) REAL (to get oratigito... or whatever its called)